Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Form Eircom......

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 iamsobored

Thanks anthonyk.is - this is an irishtimes article which pretty much confirms what you are saying.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0210/breaking35.html

I am going to call conreg myself in the morning as the eircom agents I have called have said I won't be affected - and I don't agree it is just a blatant lie! If I go outside my bundle I am affected i.e. Make international calls, call 11811 etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

iamsobored wrote: »
    Thanks anthonyk.is - this is an irishtimes article which pretty much confirms what you are saying.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0210/breaking35.html

I am going to call conreg myself in the morning as the eircom agents I have called have said I won't be affected - and I don't agree it is just a blatant lie! If I go outside my bundle I am affected i.e. Make international calls, call 11811 etc!

Exactly everyone is affected, the fact that the "Call set up charge" is increasing from 5.95c to 9.5c means everybody will get hit

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CapRooney

tried ringing them yesterday and yer man on the other line said basically i was not affected. i said to him well it does with the increase in 11811 and call set up charges and he more or less said you never use it so it don't affect you. i mean WTF!!!

CapRooney wrote: »
    tried ringing them yesterday and yer man on the other line said basically i was not affected. i said to him well it does with the increase in 11811 and call set up charges and he more or less said you never use it so it don't affect you. i mean WTF!!!

Dont take it from them.. be firm and stand your ground. Mention the fact that the off peak hours are being reduced by 2 hours too so therefore everyone on the country is affected, regardless of packages or not!!!

Dont take it from them.. be firm and stand your ground. Mention the fact that the off peak hours are being reduced by 2 hours too so therefore everyone on the country is affected, regardless of packages or not!!!

1850/1890 numbers are outside your package so are mobile numbers (if you go outside your 30min free calls)

I can't believe they are still playing the same record a week on - they will lose customers due to their customer service rather than the increase in charges

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lurvely

I phoned to cancel twice, first time i got a woman who kept telling me how i wasnt affected etc etc...was getting nowhere even though i was standing my ground with her and insisting i wanted to cancel my contract.

Rang back and got a lovely woman who did try to advise that i wouldnt be affected very much etc but she then said i was within my rights to cancel. I asked her about my line being ceased as i was moving to another company so she said that shed put a note with my account that i wasnt to be charged for ceasing the contract, for the other company to contact them and switch me over, and that if i did incur charges for this to ring back, quote her name etc and she'll sort it out. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kickflips

I've been trying to cancel but no luck
    It's getting on my nerves now ;(

If youre going to a new provider you dont have to ring them at all. Go to your new provider and sign up with them. Once this is done all you need to do is send a letter to eircom stating you are leaving eircom due to the price increases and going to another provider. Make sure you have your Account Holer, Phone Number and Eircom Account Number stated on the letter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

If youre going to a new provider you dont have to ring them at all. Go to your new provider and sign up with them. Once this is done all you need to do is send a letter to eircom stating you are leaving eircom due to the price increases and going to another provider. Make sure you have your Account Holer, Phone Number and Eircom Account Number stated on the letter

Don't suppose you could advise of the address in Eircom to send this to? I'm in two minds about changing right now as my contract expires in 2 months and I was going to change provider then anyway, not sure it's worth the hassle right now unless it's gonna work lol! :)

bkehoe wrote: »
    Don't suppose you could advise of the address in Eircom to send this to? I'm in two minds about changing right now as my contract expires in 2 months and I was going to change provider then anyway, not sure it's worth the hassle right now unless it's gonna work lol! :)

I'm not sure right now but when i get into work tomorrow morning I'll find out and let you guys know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭eircom: Eleanor

kickflips wrote: »
    I've been trying to cancel but no luck
    It's getting on my nerves now ;(

What number have you been ringing, what services are you cancelling,please

Thanks

Eleanor

Broadband and landline
    Rang the 1800251151

Who told me to ring 1901

Broadband and landline
    Rang the 1800251151

Who told me to ring 1901

What package are you currently on?

Eleanor

Talktime chatter
    And next gen broadband Advanced

Talktime chatter
    And next gen broadband Advanced

With the plan you are on, you are unaffected by the recent price increases

Therefore the cancellation process will apply

You will need to telephone 1901 for broadband cancellation.

Please PM me your landline number and I can get when you got your broadband installed hence when your contract started

To cancel your line you will need to ring 1901, in turn they will put you through to cancellations

I will check to see when your line was installed, if it is more than 6 months, the line can be cancelled without penalty,less than six can mean a penalty as all line installations have a contract of 6 months

Eleanor

With the plan you are on, you are unaffected by the recent price increases

Therefore the cancellation process will apply

You will need to telephone 1901 for broadband cancellation.

Please PM me your landline number and I can get when you got your broadband installed hence when your contract started

To cancel your line you will need to ring 1901, in turn they will put you through to cancellations

I will check to see when your line was installed, if it is more than 6 months, the line can be cancelled without penalty,less than six can mean a penalty as all line installations have a contract of 6 months

Eleanor

Eleanor - Is Kickflips not affected when he goes outside his bundle i.e. outside the 30mins free mobile calls and 1890 no.'s - the call set up fee has increase? Also 11811 call charge has increased? can you confirm this?

Eleanor - Is Kickflips not affected when he goes outside his bundle i.e. outside the 30mins free mobile calls and 1890 no.'s - the call set up fee has increase? Also 11811 call charge has increased? can you confirm this?

Call Set Up fee's are increased from 5.95c to 9.5c. Peak Hours are changing from 8:00am - 6:00pm to 7:00am - 7:00pm. Meaning customers are loosing 2 hours from the off peak period. Out of package call charges will now be rounded UP to the next cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

Wow and I thought Vodafone were bad. It seems Eircom rep's on this forum cant even agree. Mark stated earlier that you can cancel without penalty and Eleanor comes up with a different story.

What a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

pissed wrote: »
    Wow and I thought Vodafone were bad. It seems Eircom rep's on this forum cant even agree. Mark stated earlier that you can cancel without penalty and Eleanor comes up with a different story.

What a joke.
    Hi pissed

agree that there is some confusion on this matter. :confused: Myself and Mark are writting up a document to attempt to clarify this subject in detail. We should have this for you by tomorrow.
    Tony, Mark, Ant & Eleanor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi guys,

We apologise for any confusion regarding the price increase cancellation process.

To offer clarification on this issue.

Why certain eircom customers may not be eligible to cancel without incurring the contract early cease charge:

"Customers who are on the talktime talker or talktime chatter (contract) call and broadband bundle packages with eircom, have set call connection rates of 6.97c Inc Vat for all calls made to any number within or outside the package allowance. Which means these customers are not directly affected by the the price increase and therefore are not eligible to cancel the contract without incurring early cease charge".

When an eircom customer is eligible to cancel without incurring an early cease charge:

All other customers who are not in an eircom bundle, or their bundles are directly affected by the price increase were sent notification in writing allowing them to cease 30 days before the price increases take effect allowing them to cancel their existing contract without penalty.

Many thanks,

eircom moderators

• Advertisement

Hi iamsobored,

I can confirm if you state that you are cancelling your service with eircom due to the price increases you will noy be held to any early cease charges.

I understand that you have had issues but any confusion with the cancellation agents has been rectified and you should be able to go ahead and cancel now.

If you do have a problem let me know.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark

I had PM my account details to you and I cancelled my contract with Eircom based on your advice above and because 2 different agents I spoke with told me I would not be charged (I am on talktime bundle) - you are saying now from your last quote that now I will be charge. Where does this leave me now that I have changed provider and signed a new contract with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Can someone tell me what is the contract period with Eircom? Don't know whether ye mean in the first 12 months of having broadband or just a contract in general?

Hi Mark

I had PM my account details to you and I cancelled my contract with Eircom based on your advice above and because 2 different agents I spoke with told me I would not be charged (I am on talktime bundle) - you are saying now from your last quote that now I will be charge. Where does this leave me now that I have changed provider and signed a new contract with them?

Hi iamsobored,

Can you privat message me with your eircom account number and telephone number please.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark

Hi,

Apologies found the PM with your details sorry about that.

Thanks, Mark

kiersm wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what is the contract period with Eircom? Don't know whether ye mean in the first 12 months of having broadband or just a contract in general?

Hi kiersm,

Can you PM your tel no and I will look into your contract length.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark

Received your PM and PM'ed you back - thanks for your help in this matter.

Hi Mark

Received your PM and PM'ed you back - thanks for your help in this matter.

Hi iamsobored,

I got your PM thanks, I will track your account as well and get back too you next week.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭electronic

hi mark
    I recieved the notification from eircom a few weeks ago about the changes in the contract . Were they only sent people affected with the changes in contract or everyone with eircom as I havent got a bill to check what plans I am on
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

electronic wrote: »
    hi mark
    I recieved the notification from eircom a few weeks ago about the changes in the contract . Were they only sent people affected with the changes in contract or everyone with eircom as I havent got a bill to check what plans I am on
    thanks
    Hi electronic
    yes only customers directly affected by the changes should have recieved these letters. If you PM me your tel no can confirm this for you.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭electronic

Thanks Tony for the quick pm and help

Advertisement