Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Form Eircom......

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Snowytipp

Hi Mark/Tony,

If i pm either of you my account details can you please tell me if i switch to another supplier will i be charged a penalty? I'm really confused with all the different comments:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

lads dont even trust eircom they are cowboys thank god they are going bankrupt maybe this will change the broadband in this country for the better.

as soon as most areas get set up for fibre power no one will really care about eircom and how they control the phone lines blocking companys like sky digital who would give much better value for money aswell as good reliable broadband with a good customer service.

the reason why eircom blocked illegal downloads wasnt for the good of the music or film industry it was purely for themselves, eircom music hub was introduced trying to compete with itunes pretty pathetic i doubt anyone would buy of these money hungry robbers, im waiting for eircom to release movie hub next to rival xtra vision :D.

there customer service has to be the worst in the country with that stupid computer talking to you only to not understand you and put you through to a foreigner who can barely speak english let alone understand you or infact the computer puts you through to the wrong section only for you to get the blame:rolleyes:.

eircom are convinced that say if you are getting say 7 megs on the router page that in that case it is set in stone that you are receiving 7 megs no matter what speed test you do to prove you are not and then the good owl wireless connection excuse rolls out the bag even if you have a wired connection again pathetic or there are other devices on the network even though you have set your password so strong that even bill gates couldn't find his way into it.

so basically at the end of the day they pretty much tell you its entirely your fault that your internet speed can be anywhere from under 1 meg to the speed your paying for 7 meg and still refuse to send someone out to check for faults.

let the eircom boycott start here honestly ask yourself why are you paying for more with eircom when companys like vodafone offer the exact same for less.

im with eircom now and im switching monday morning because of stuff like this and im paying 50 odd quid a month for 7 meg and this is what im getting, and yes its the same on eircom speed test and dont get me started on the ping rates beyond a joke.

1120157379.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Snowytipp wrote: »
    Hi Mark/Tony,

If i pm either of you my account details can you please tell me if i switch to another supplier will i be charged a penalty? I'm really confused with all the different comments:confused:

Hi Snowytipp
    Yes no problem. PM me the details and I will get you this info.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

COMREG have issued a statement indicating that you only need to give 1 months written notice to Eircom if you wish to "Cease" your line. If you simply just want to switch provider then you can do so as normal without informing them.....

COMREG have issued a statement indicating that you only need to give 1 months written notice to Eircom if you wish to "Cease" your line. If you simply just want to switch provider then you can do so as normal without informing them.....

Hi anthonyk.is
    yes that is correct, if changing from one provider to another this is normally arranged by your new provider. In some instances however charges / outstanding balances will be applied by your previous supplier if terminating your contract early. These are standard early cease / billing charges. If you are confidant that your ( normally 12 month) contract is up there is no reason to contact your provider.
    Thanks
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Hi anthonyk.is
    yes that is correct, if changing from one provider to another this is normally arranged by your new provider. In some instances however charges / outstanding balances will be applied by your previous supplier if terminating your contract early. These are standard early cease / billing charges. If you are confidant that your ( normally 12 month) contract is up there is no reason to contact your provider.
    Thanks
    Tony

Yeah but doesn't the fact that Eircom have changed EVERYONES terms and conditions and out of package pricing mean that all eircom contracts are now void???

Yeah but doesn't the fact that Eircom have changed EVERYONES terms and conditions and out of package pricing mean that all eircom contracts are now void???

Hi anthonyk.is

my post was in addition to your own post of yesterday advising on how to cease contract
    re 'COMREG have issued a statement indicating that you only need to give 1 months written notice to Eircom if you wish to "Cease" your line. If you simply just want to switch provider then you can do so as normal without informing them....'
    and was not a comment on early cease, which was addressed by my colleague Mark in an earlier post.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 14 alina1403

I'm 2 years customer with eircom, never had any problems with service, but now we moving house & want to close an account and .... l have to pay 270euro for cancellation, one of the agent told me that l sign new contract back in november but l didnt, she mean that l had upgrade bb& phone but l didnt sign anything or didnt received any letter with new contract, anyone can help me how can l avoid cancellation fee please
    Alina

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

alina1403 wrote: »
    I'm 2 years customer with eircom, never had any problems with service, but now we moving house & want to close an account and .... l have to pay 270euro for cancellation, one of the agent told me that l sign new contract back in november but l didnt, she mean that l had upgrade bb& phone but l didnt sign anything or didnt received any letter with new contract, anyone can help me how can l avoid cancellation fee please
    Alina

Hi alina1403,

Thanks for contacting the eircom Board's Forum.

If you PM your home phone number, I will look into your query further.

Cheers,

Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

alina1403 wrote: »
    Alina

They usually suck you into another contract even without you knowing it.

They seem to think that upgrading customers won't notice a new contract which most don't to be honest ..

in future make sure to ask when upgrading to ask if a new contract will be added as a result, no one should be pulled into another contract without being told its a joke it is .

• Advertisement

jay93 wrote: »
    They usually suck you into another contract even without you knowing it.

They seem to think that upgrading customers won't notice a new contract which most don't to be honest ..

in future make sure to ask when upgrading to ask if a new contract will be added as a result, no one should be pulled into another contract without being told its a joke it is .

Hi jay93
    thanks for posting. You are correct to point out that some requested changes to a customers existing packages will extend contract but in all these cases the customer should be advised by the agent that these changes will occur.
    The agreement to enter into a new contract is an oral agreement as most transactions take place over the phone and the majority of changes are requested to take place as soon as possible.
    As you advise it is certainly a good idea when changing account or package details to confirm if this will affect your contract.
    Thanks
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Hi tony thanks for replying
    sorry if it seemed i was having a rant at eircom :)
    Customers can also check the Terms and conditions when signing upto a differant package it usaully states that a new contract will be active for changing would it be right in saying that :)
    The problem is tough alot of people don't check this out before moving packages etc..
    Also customer care agents on the phones rarely mention a new contract to the customer not just eircom agents tough i've seen this happen with countless other companys o2 vodafone etc.
    I think customers should definately check out the full T&C's before switching packages or upgrading as it will make it easier for everyone:pac:

jay93 wrote: »
    Hi tony thanks for replying
    sorry if it seemed i was having a rant at eircom :)
    Customers can also check the Terms and conditions when signing upto a differant package it usaully states that a new contract will be active for changing would it be right in saying that :)
    The problem is tough alot of people don't check this out before moving packages etc..
    Also customer care agents on the phones rarely mention a new contract to the customer not just eircom agents tough i've seen this happen with countless other companys o2 vodafone etc.
    I think customers should definately check out the full T&C's before switching packages or upgrading as it will make it easier for everyone:pac:
    No problem jay93
    I think your point is important. I have to admit knowing the importance of checking the T&C's I rarely take the time to do so. :cool: Some contract conditions do need time to understand and taking a bit of time to do this can save a lot of heartache.
    But agents should be advising of new contract or contract changes. I will highlight this issue again.
    Thanks for you rpost
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 41 greenhouse1234

Hi Mark/Tony

thanks for your reply.
    any 2cents from you wise guys here.

I am being told by eircom rep to go to comreg? wondering if you have any suggestion comreg? National consumer Agency or who?

I was checking this thread from beginning since 11/02/2011. hence switched ISP. but now you have changed your tones recently regarding contract's terms & conditions!!

why one rule for some and other for some?

all the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Mark/Tony

thanks for your reply.
    any 2cents from you wise guys here.

I am being told by eircom rep to go to comreg? wondering if you have any suggestion comreg? National consumer Agency or who?

I was checking this thread from beginning since 11/02/2011. hence switched ISP. but now you have changed your tones recently regarding contract's terms & conditions!!

why one rule for some and other for some?

all the best

Hi greenhouse1234,

I responded on the following thread:

http://bit.ly/eD8RsH

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

I seem to be in a similar situation to some here. Approx 7-8 weeks ago we contacted Eircom re ever increasing bills, our broadband in particular, there had been extra broadband usage but this 30 GB limit is a bit ridiculous. At that point we seriously considered leaving eircom for another provider, at this point we had not received any written notification of Eircoms price changes. During the call to Eircom We were told we were not on a package or bundle and a talktime bundle was suggested, we were told it was the solution to our problems and agreed. Our next bill was again even Higher!

When we contacted Eircom to complain approx week 10 days ago we were told that if we cancelled with eircom we would incur an early cease charge of nearly €300!! (Due to the now bundle that was sold to us as a solution, which it wasn't)

I received no written notification of Eircoms intentions or option to quit as supposedly I wasn't in a package, When offered the "solution" package which we agreed to the next bill was even higher! Then told we can't quit without incurring early cease charges! We were bounced around on the phone from one person to another for over an hour and gave up in frustration in the end as none would accept that the suggested talktime bundle/package was not the solution as it was sold to us. I have been constantly monitoring our broadband useage with the Eircom gadget and its still just heading up, and up. We have a 30GB cap which continually is being surpassed, The router was changed from WEP to increase security and avoid any "outside" usage but here we are still in the same Eircom boat and now I'm looking for a bloody paddle! 17 years I been with Eircom!... How can I quit Eircom to move to another phone and broadband supplier without being raped?

iceage wrote: »
    I seem to be in a similar situation to some here. Approx 7-8 weeks ago we contacted Eircom re ever increasing bills, our broadband in particular, there had been extra broadband usage but this 30 GB limit is a bit ridiculous. At that point we seriously considered leaving eircom for another provider, at this point we had not received any written notification of Eircoms price changes. During the call to Eircom We were told we were not on a package or bundle and a talktime bundle was suggested, we were told it was the solution to our problems and agreed. Our next bill was again even Higher!

When we contacted Eircom to complain approx week 10 days ago we were told that if we cancelled with eircom we would incur an early cease charge of nearly €300!! (Due to the now bundle that was sold to us as a solution, which it wasn't)

I received no written notification of Eircoms intentions or option to quit as supposedly I wasn't in a package, When offered the "solution" package which we agreed to the next bill was even higher! Then told we can't quit without incurring early cease charges! We were bounced around on the phone from one person to another for over an hour and gave up in frustration in the end as none would accept that the suggested talktime bundle/package was not the solution as it was sold to us. I have been constantly monitoring our broadband useage with the Eircom gadget and its still just heading up, and up. We have a 30GB cap which continually is being surpassed, The router was changed from WEP to increase security and avoid any "outside" usage but here we are still in the same Eircom boat and now I'm looking for a bloody paddle! 17 years I been with Eircom!... How can I quit Eircom to move to another phone and broadband supplier without being raped?

Hi iceage
    sorry that this has been so difficult to arrange. If you would like me to look into this, I should be able to clear up situation and hopefully be able to help you in this.
    Just PM me your account no. and I will chase this for you.
    Tony

PM sent Tony.

Unfortunately no reply from Tony, he must be up to his eyes in all of this.

iceage wrote: »
    Unfortunately no reply from Tony, he must be up to his eyes in all of this.

Hi iceage
    yes pretty busy, unfortunately we are only on Boards.ie between the hours of 11:00 and 16:00 but have sent a PM to you re this issue.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 seanoc2011

Hi imsobored

I will look into this and get back to you.

Thanks, Mark
    iamsobored wrote: »

I was informed that any confusion regarding the early cease charges was clarified with cancellations however we are logging any issues you guys are having and advising management of the problems some customers are having.

I agree with yo there should be no confusion and i am sending on all examples.

Thanks, Mark
    Mark, As I work in the telecom industry I am keeping a very close eye on this particular thread.

I have to say, that unfortunately what you have advised is not accurate and its not as straight forward and honest as that.

I have had several people wanting to leave eircom due to the price increases and follow your guidelines in leaving your company within the contract and not have to pay a penalty.

I have had customers bullied into leaving their new provider to go back to eircom so that they would waive their ridiculous cancellation fee's.

lads dont even trust eircom they are cowboys thank god they are going bankrupt maybe this will change the broadband in this country for the better.

as soon as most areas get set up for fibre power no one will really care about eircom and how they control the phone lines blocking companys like sky digital who would give much better value for money aswell as good reliable broadband with a good customer service.

the reason why eircom blocked illegal downloads wasnt for the good of the music or film industry it was purely for themselves, eircom music hub was introduced trying to compete with itunes pretty pathetic i doubt anyone would buy of these money hungry robbers, im waiting for eircom to release movie hub next to rival xtra vision :D.

there customer service has to be the worst in the country with that stupid computer talking to you only to not understand you and put you through to a foreigner who can barely speak english let alone understand you or infact the computer puts you through to the wrong section only for you to get the blame:rolleyes:.

eircom are convinced that say if you are getting say 7 megs on the router page that in that case it is set in stone that you are receiving 7 megs no matter what speed test you do to prove you are not and then the good owl wireless connection excuse rolls out the bag even if you have a wired connection again pathetic or there are other devices on the network even though you have set your password so strong that even bill gates couldn't find his way into it.

so basically at the end of the day they pretty much tell you its entirely your fault that your internet speed can be anywhere from under 1 meg to the speed your paying for 7 meg and still refuse to send someone out to check for faults.

let the eircom boycott start here honestly ask yourself why are you paying for more with eircom when companys like vodafone offer the exact same for less.

im with eircom now and im switching monday morning because of stuff like this and im paying 50 odd quid a month for 7 meg and this is what im getting, and yes its the same on eircom speed test and dont get me started on the ping rates beyond a joke.

1120157379.png
    totally agree with u there.

With the plan you are on, you are unaffected by the recent price increases

Therefore the cancellation process will apply

You will need to telephone 1901 for broadband cancellation.

Please PM me your landline number and I can get when you got your broadband installed hence when your contract started

To cancel your line you will need to ring 1901, in turn they will put you through to cancellations

I will check to see when your line was installed, if it is more than 6 months, the line can be cancelled without penalty,less than six can mean a penalty as all line installations have a contract of 6 months

Eleanor
    eleanor, thats rubbish and you know. are you trying to convince people that you only put up the rates for some people and not others.

I know people on off peak packages and they NEVER received your little letter making them aware of these increases and yet when they asked eircom about it they were told it didn't affect them. the majority of people at one stage or another, go outside their bundles and for you to suggest that these increases DO NOT affect everyone is trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes.

As stated in the Irish Independent friday 11th February, Eircom have been accused of heaping sneaky price increases/new phone charges and changing the terms and conditions on their loyal customers. You, Eircom have also been accused of making it harder for your customers to leave.

This is from the consumer association of ireland who have no loyalty to any telecom company. Their only loyalty is to the consumers in which you are trying to fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mishoo

Hi

Can anybody tell me if I can cancel my Eircom account without incurring a €350 whopping canc fee!!!??
    The have been overcharing me for a long time - but now they're sayin i cant get out contract - if i do - then i have to pay!!!
    HEEEELP before i loose it & go dow there and take matters into my own hands!!!
    Mishoo

mishoo wrote: »
    Hi

Can anybody tell me if I can cancel my Eircom account without incurring a €350 whopping canc fee!!!??
    The have been overcharing me for a long time - but now they're sayin i cant get out contract - if i do - then i have to pay!!!
    HEEEELP before i loose it & go dow there and take matters into my own hands!!!
    Mishoo

Hi mishoo,

Can you Private message me with your eircom account number so I can look into your query please.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mishoo

Hi Mark
    Can i just state also, for the record - i was sold an 8MB service & i've had my line checked & verified by several companies - all confirming that my line is only a 6MB capacity - which contravenes any agreement under the terms & conditions.
    Also - every evening post 10pm - i lose my internet service till the following morning around 7am!!!!
    This together with the overcharging issue -is precisely why i no longer wish to pay Eircom any more for their service!
    Mishoo

mishoo wrote: »
    Hi Mark
    Can i just state also, for the record - i was sold an 8MB service & i've had my line checked & verified by several companies - all confirming that my line is only a 6MB capacity - which contravenes any agreement under the terms & conditions.
    Also - every evening post 10pm - i lose my internet service till the following morning around 7am!!!!
    This together with the overcharging issue -is precisely why i no longer wish to pay Eircom any more for their service!
    Mishoo

Hi Mishoo,

I apologise if that is the case but I need to investigate your complaint and verify what you outlined before I can respond to you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement