Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navan - Diesel

Options
  • 11-02-2011 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭

As diesel and prices are getting higher and higher, I came across cheap diesel station on a back road. On the Boyne Road, 3 or 4 km passed the Glenveigh estate heading toward Slane. Diesel 130.9 cheap in my mind:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

What garage is selling it at that price? is it the londis/top shop station?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Scottie99

burger1979 wrote: »
    What garage is selling it at that price? is it the londis/top shop station?

I think it is, apparently its under new management. My went wife went in yesterday and was talking to them. They also mentioned that its there intention to keep their prices low. LETS HOPE!!
    I usually get my fuel in Dublin, at the self service on the old Swords/Airport Rd, price 134.9. I thought that was pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

They used to be more expensive than anyone else. But when the road was closed through Slane i had to take that route. Lets hope they keep their prices low because thats where i fill up now!
    I had to pay with cash as their chip and pin machine was broken. I got the impression it wouldn't be fixed either (they pay expensive rent for those machines!) so bring cash with you if you intend to fill up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

yeah that shop in hayestown is under new management, and i hope they keep there prices low, as the petrol and diesel prices there before were very expensive.

shedweller wrote: »
    I had to pay with cash as their chip and pin machine was broken

The Mrs did pay with Visa so things seem ok:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Can anybody else confirm that they take cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Moanin wrote: »
    Can anybody else confirm that they take cards?

Yes, I paid by laser on Sunday.

Is it still the same price?

1.33 a litre on Wednesday.....

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭YipYipU

I've been told that it's not the cleanest fuel around. Not sure how true this is though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

YipYipU wrote: »
    I've been told that it's not the cleanest fuel around. Not sure how true this is though.
    Just heard that there are a few diesel owners suing them for damage caused by bad diesel. Can't say how true this is though. Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭YipYipU

shedweller wrote: »
    Just heard that there are a few diesel owners suing them for damage caused by bad diesel. Can't say how true this is though. Anyone?

Haven't heard that but i'll keep my ear to the ground.

Been today to fill up @1.40 - Been using this station for weeks now with both our cars. I've had no problems at all. Sometimes people spread rumours and I wonder if its from other garages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Scottie99 wrote: »
    As diesel and prices are getting higher and higher, I came across cheap diesel station on a back road. On the Boyne Road, 3 or 4 km passed the Glenveigh estate heading toward Slane. Diesel 130.9 cheap in my mind:D:D

Hi, is this the main Navan Slane road?

dixiefly wrote: »
    Hi, is this the main Navan Slane road?

Its on the Boyne Rd. If your coming from Navan on the N51 heading to Slane, turn right just after the Topas Garage (on left - 4km along the N51). Then travel over a bridge at the Boyne and head to a T junction - the garage is on your left.
    Hope that makes sense - or just travel along the Boyne Rd, you can't miss it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 minime20

I use this station every week now for my diesel the prices are great and the staff very friendly. I have heard stories but these are coming from other stations near by who have obviously been affected by this station. I cant complain and they take card also which suits me as I never carry cash. Keep up the great work:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Debs_man

What is the price of Diesel there at the moment as I normally get mine from the Coal Yard at the Fair Green in Navan, usually a few cent cheaper than the main garages around

I filled yesterday in TOP out the Kells road €1.36 a litre of diesel which is pretty good imo.

Debs_man wrote: »
    What is the price of Diesel there at the moment as I normally get mine from the Coal Yard at the Fair Green in Navan, usually a few cent cheaper than the main garages around

I'll pop over there later in the week to see what the price is.

• Advertisement

Scottie99 wrote: »

139.9 there today at lunchtime!

139.9 there today at lunchtime!

Sorry was meaning the one on the Boyne Road 135.9

I filled yesterday in TOP out the Kells road €1.36 a litre of diesel which is pretty good imo.

That's 135.9 today. Brady's?

Advertisement