Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric or Gas Oven+Hob

Options
  • 11-02-2011 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭

So gas cooker is borked, if anyone knows of good prices anywhere for a good efficient gas or electric cooker please let me know!!

(Oven and Hob)

p.s this is for an older person who can avail of free gas or electricity so that in mind i'm not sure what the best option might be, they currently use gas heating...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ei9go

Check the price of your gas v electricity per kilowatt.

You will find that gas is 1/3 the price of electricity per kilowatt.

If they already have gas rings, whatever about the oven, they will not be impressed by the slow response of most electric rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Would an electric oven be safer and a more conistant heat than a gas - lets say you want to use it for cooking something on a low heat overnight?

Also can you recommend me a brand or are they all much the same? we were looking a this Duel Fuel Cooker

from currys http://www.currys.ie/category/Dual-Fuel-Cookers/316

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

where are you located?
    I am selling a few electric cookers in Cork.

where are you located?
    I am selling a few electric cookers in Cork.
    I'm in Dublin Corks a bit far away

• Advertisement
Advertisement