Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay as you use refuse service

• 11-02-2011 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭

Anyone got a link to this site.you pay per use.There is 2 locations in Limerick:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

AES "kinda" do it, in that there's a €100-per-year charge and THEN a charge per lift:

http://www.aesirl.ie/household-customers/prices-and-plans/choose-a-service-plan

I'd been looking at it, and given that the recycling is free and each bin lift is €7, an annual charge for me would be €184, compared to Mr Binman's €304

Mr Binman do it via bags, which is a bloody nuisance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

There is some kind of pay as you go system in the Roxboro Filling Station across from the Garda station . I can't remember exactly but I think it was something like €4 a bag and you drop it off there yourself .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

jonski wrote: »
    There is some kind of pay as you go system in the Roxboro Filling Station across from the Garda station . I can't remember exactly but I think it was something like €4 a bag and you drop it off there yourself .

4.50 for a standard black bag and a half black bag. Ticket from the shop. Punch code into bin behind shop and you've about 40 seconds to fill it before the drum rotates! Saving a fortune on my waste since I ditched mr binman as I live alone and have VERY little rubbish. (and I also have an endless supply of free optibags- ha ha).

www.bigbin.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

It doesn't mention it on their site but the other one in Limerick is at the rear of the co-op shop in Raheen.
    We have been using this for the past couple of months and have saved a fortune on charges. It's great value if you recycle as much as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,341 ✭✭✭✭phog

Can you keep the receipts from bigbin.ie and claim them against your tax like you can do with normal refuse collection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 _NY_

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    It's great value if you recycle as much as possible.

Mind me asking where do you recycle?
    Heading towards reducing my waste bill as well.

And if you don't mind, how big is this "average black bag"? Any dimensions or hints? Like "knee high when put on the ground"? A bit confusing IYKWIM :)
    Thank you!

I bring whatever i can (plastics,glass, cans, etc) to any of the recycling banks.
    I used to be able to recycle paper at one of these banks before but they removed that facility.
    I get Mr. Binman recycle bags from friends/relations who don't need them and use these for papers, etc. The Mr. Binman trucks collect these from outside my house without any issues.
    Next time I go to the waste disposable compactor i will try and get an idea of the dimensions you cuold fit into it.
    You can fit quite a lot into it if you squash everything down as much as possible.

Thank you, mgbgt1978.
    mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    plastics,glass, cans, etc

Though I know several places where I can recycle glass and cans, I don't know of any where I could recycle plastics or paper.
    Anyone aware of them? Are they free of charge?

Thank you

Plastics can be recycled at Honan's Quay (along the river at the back of the old ESB shop).
    This seems to be the last available place near Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Clean IRL have pay as you go.

• Advertisement

Clean IRL have pay as you go.

No way, I've got a bill from them for almost €200 for next 6 month. Taking in consideration that the bins are taken out fortnightly, I'm quite annoyed with that. :(
    They don't switch our area to anything else and don't charge back if we miss collection day.

Advertisement