Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shalom

• 11-02-2011 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what happened this place on the Cork Road. I had my wedding photos dont there, the gardens were beautiful but it is all boarded up.

If you dont know, it is the house at the Butlerstown roundabout next to Mooneys petrol station.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

I noticed that the other day, was out there for a few photos myself.
    I think thats where bolands are putting their new audi garage.
    They're only temperorly in their current spot

Its a real shame it was a lovely spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Black Dog

"Shalom" was the home of Jim and Phyllis Nolan. Jim, unfortunately, has passed away and Phyllis has moved to Kilmeadan. Jim was a very keen gardener which is why it was such a suitable place for wedding photographs.

From the signs on the hoarding it seems like Peugeot are moving in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

That is very sad, last thing we need is another bloody garage. They were lovely gardens and we have some lovely memories from the garden there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

they moved to Kilmeaden about 3 years ago, the house was sold in the early 90s by means of a verbal agreement in to 2 auctioneers on the spur of the moment, when he realized he could have got more for the house he backed out but couldn't sell it because someone had witnessed the verbal agreement. Don't know how the situation was resolved in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

is that where Audi is going?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

they moved to Kilmeaden about 3 years ago, the house was sold in the early 90s by means of a verbal agreement in to 2 auctioneers on the spur of the moment, when he realized he could have got more for the house he backed out but couldn't sell it because someone had witnessed the verbal agreement. Don't know how the situation was resolved in the end

Are you sure that is true. I'm not a lawyer, but I learned that for the sale of property it must be in writing. This is in contrast to almost every other type of sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

dayshah wrote: »
    Are you sure that is true. I'm not a lawyer, but I learned that for the sale of property it must be in writing. This is in contrast to almost every other type of sale.

yup, it was sold to one of the auctioneers and the second guy witnessed it...I remember it because we sold a house in that area at the time and heard of the complication...... not sure of the legal ina and outs but know he was stuck with the house for a looooong time over it

Advertisement