Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog park

Options
  • 11-02-2011 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

anything existing even like a doggie park in galway that anyone knows of???
    (basically a large fenced area to let friendly dogs play about and sniff awy in safety!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

I am unaware of any disgnated closed off area for dogs in paticular, But when I had my dog, I used to bring him walking dwon in Cappagh Park. Massive open area, and a stream for him to play around with, however it isnt closed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Ah, ya Cappagh park is near perfect for dog, one problem is they chase after my sliotars!:L

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Large fenced area? I don't know of any but the park above and South park are popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The walk up by the river from the Uni is pretty suitable as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

There is actually one very suitable park for dogs, the park behind St. Enda's national school on Dr. Mannix Road. Everyone in the vicinity takes their dog through that park, and there's generally 6/7 dogs in there around 4/5 pm. There is a gate at both entrances so as long as they are closed upon entry and exit your dog will be safe! Plenty of space for the dog to play as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Except tis wardened often, there are many signs saying not allowed off lead up near University.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Luveen

I think there used to be one there beside the Galway shopping Centre but Im nearly certain there is one out in Liosbán Indutrial Estate beside motorpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ahh, yes: Galway Dog Club / GSD Training Club - National German Shepherd Working Dog Association ... number 50 on the Lisoban layout map

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

JustMary wrote: »
    Ahh, yes: Galway Dog Club / GSD Training Club - National German Shepherd Working Dog Association ... number 50 on the Lisoban layout map
    So this area is enclosed? I'm currently doggy-sitting a big boxer and he needs room to roam but I don't want him to run off too far.

EDIT: went round there to check and it's fenced private property, not open to public unfortunately.
    THFC wrote: »
    There is actually one very suitable park for dogs, the park behind St. Enda's national school on Dr. Mannix Road. Everyone in the vicinity takes their dog through that park, and there's generally 6/7 dogs in there around 4/5 pm. There is a gate at both entrances so as long as they are closed upon entry and exit your dog will be safe! Plenty of space for the dog to play as well.
    Here yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

biko wrote: »

Here yeah?

Might bring our dog there tomorrow, he loves when there are other dogs to play with. I don't have to worry either, he's almost always the submissive one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement