Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derry to Convoy

Options
  • 11-02-2011 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the best way to get from derry to convoy. I'll be heading about 4 this evening and I want to avoid traffic.

Is the main road to letterkenny then out to convoy my best bet? Or is it mad to go to strabane, raphoe then convoy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Alot depends on what part of Derry you are in.
    If it was the shopping area around Foyleside/Richmond Centre I would go out the Foyle Road into Carrigans and St. Johnston from there to the Ballinalecky crossroads into Raphoe onto Convoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Alot depends on what part of Derry you are in.
    If it was the shopping area around Foyleside/Richmond Centre I would go out the Foyle Road into Carrigans and St. Johnston from there to the Ballinalecky crossroads into Raphoe onto Convoy.
    I was thinking that way migh be good.

I'm up beside B&Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I would go Derry - Carrigans - St. Johnston - Raphoe - Convoy.

Edit/see the same has been posted above

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

kiddums wrote: »
    I was thinking that way migh be good.

I'm up beside B&Q.

If you are at B&Q I would go out by Bridgend head for Letterkenny but turn of where they sell the trucks on the left hand side, keep on this road past Cowan Brothers it will take you out at Meengory (sp).
    Turn left for Lifford then right over Ballyholey into Raphoe.
    That should avoid most of the traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

If you are at B&Q I would go out by Bridgend head for Letterkenny but turn of where they sell the trucks on the left hand side, keep on this road past Cowan Brothers it will take you out at Meengory (sp).

+1 on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Sounds like this might be my best bet, keeps me out of the towns.

Cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

+1 to theblueirish

On Google maps

Make sure to keep left here at Drumbarnett Lower.

Advertisement