Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Fm Reshuffle

Options
  • 11-02-2011 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭

Whats your thoughts on the reshuffle especially victor barrys show now on the morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I havent listened to him in the mornings yet, but because he was crap at night I cant imagine him being any better in the mornings. A lot of his listeners were really young, so they will be in school or work in the mornings. I think they did it to compete with P J Coogan on 96 as everybody hates him so might then change to red fm in the mornings.

Cadyboo wrote: »
    think they did it to compete with P J Coogan on 96 as everybody hates him so might then change to red fm in the mornings.

Yep, no doubt :)
    Also, I agree, Victor B isn't someone I'd want to listen to either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

What happened to the to lad's that used to do the breakfast show a couple of years ago?
    Kc and Lenny I think, They used to be pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭neveah

KC is on Today FM weeknights at 10pm these days. Not too sure about Lenny, maybe he's more involved in the producing side of things now....

I'm not that interested in listening to Victor Barry in the morning, maybe that's because I didn't have any interest in his show when it was on at nightime.

I used to enjoy Red FM on weekday mornings as they had music playing and light chat while most of the other radio stations were talking politics etc. Only so much of that you can listen to! Now most of the stations are all talk shows. I find myself listening to Ray D'Arcy the last couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Cadyboo wrote: »
    I think they did it to compete with P J Coogan on 96 as everybody hates him so might then change to red fm in the mornings.

lol so so true.

Is the new show just Victor Barry or is there a team of them like before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Ya, I'm much rather listen to VB in than PJ, but I'd much rather the old Red FM show to both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Victor Barrys show is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

bloody red fm, they need kc and lenny back!!

i dont listen to the breakfast show anymore since they left its just not the same, and now victor barry tries to put me to sleep from 9-12:(,
    and today fm dosent come in right on my stereo!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

i dont listen to red fm as much as I used too. I liked it before when they had nearly all music. cant stand that victor barry. his voice is so serious and loud. what i want is music all the time so from 12 on in the day its 96fm all the way. in the morning im flicking between all channels to get music. also hate the way red fm after 5 has the news on the hour rather than at 10 to the hour as when it was at 10 to, I would listen to 96fm up until the hour and then switch to red fm to avoid the 96 fm news. I can only listen to news once a day and i have it. dont want to be listening to the same news 7 or 8 times a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭omerin

The VB change is very strange. I would listen to him whenever I was in the car at night and I got the impression in the last few months that he wasn't happy there. He made some throw away remarks about his employers and his conditions, about leaving, all under the radar remarks, maybe said in jest but I think there is more to this then meets the eye.

Also Red fm brought about this change as a result of what their listeners want. This comes across as desperation tactics. As a company you don't publicly make a big deal of asking your customers how they would like to change the station. It's like saying we have failed and asking the customers how they can put it right. Surely a less overt way of getting market research would have been better?

Someone mentioned most of his listeners were school going and it baffles me where he's going to get listeners from when NP returns to 96fm. At the moment the competition with PJ isn't great, in fact its terrible.

I think Redfm had a little niche in the market with their late night show with VB, can't see his current show lasting long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Agreed everything is rosey now until prenders return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mammybear

hate the new line up, think theyve lost more listeners since they changed it around, that victor barry does my head in, used to love the bitta craic and music in the morning, dont bother listening anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭HooterSnout

Haven't watched it since Charlie Wolf stopped. :D 96 FM all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Haven't watched it since Charlie Wolf stopped. :D 96 FM all the way.

Isn't watching the radio a trifle dull?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

I gave up listening to 96FM years ago because I found Neil Prendeville to be condescending and positively irritating. Red FM was a welcome addition to the airwaves and I found myself listening to it, when in the car. The morning show was amusing and the music was good.

All was well until I had occasion to tune in to the night show some months ago. If I thought Prendeville was opinionated, then that was because I hadn't yet heard Victor Barry in action! His behaviour was pathetic and cringe-worthy.

If he was threatening, on-air, to leave RedFM, then if I had been in charge of the station, I would have been keeping my fingers crossed that he would do exactly that. Unless he has toned down the attitude, he'll drive away whatever listeners are left.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,560 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I prefer Victor Barry at night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Im sticking with 96 in the mornings, cannot tolerate Victor Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Was listening to red fm last Tuesday night and the music was dreadful worse than jedward. Not sure what to think of victor barry in the morning because I cant listen to the radio while im working, im sure its better than Pj Coogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Anyone else think that we in Cork get shafted when it comes to local radio? 96FM is embarrassing;y bad, and Red FM has maybe 10 songs they shuffle up, and that's it.

I will say that Green on Red isn't half bad, but that's the extent of it. There's no variation on the music type throughout the day, I understand that most people want to hear the popular music, but a bit of variation would be nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Stations like Spin103 and FM104 are light years ahead of any Cork stations for music!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 FussyMonkey

Back when Lenny and KC were on, RedFm were at their best. Now with Victor, I've been forced to switch to 96fm.... but wait, Prendeveil is back now... GRR!!.... recently found one called BuzzFm on 100.5, plenty of 90s dance music if you have an amazingly cheesy choice in music, and your jobs boring like mine... "all that she wants, is another baby, she's gone tomorrow. but all that she wants, is another baby, a yeeeaaah". lol. hmmmm... maybe it's time to just bring out the iPod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

It's great to have Prenders back on air!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Temaz wrote: »
    It's great to have Prenders back on air!

:eek:

:mad:

Advertisement