Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Modem Setting Reset!?!

• 11-02-2011 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just noticed that after 1 1/2 years of using my UPC Modem (just as a modem, have an Airport for wireless), all my settings were defaulted back to standard!

Anyone else have this.
    I mean, even the password I had setup for accessing the system defaulted back to blank. It enabled my Wifi on the modem and turned on Firewall and IP Flood Protection.

My Portforwarding filters were all gone as well..

A bit miffed if i'm honest!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cga

The same happend to me with UPC wireless modem. It keeps resting modem to factory default and dropping my internet all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jaredGalen

This week my modem has been acting up, constantly dropping all clients, wired and wireless. Haven't gotten around to calling about it.

Did they roll out an update or anthing lately that messed things up?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cga

They said they didn't do anything. Technician calling to the house on Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

had this last weekend.

parents house reset 3 times, but stable now.

college house only the security was reset, my mac filter, port forwards etc were all fine....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

My router reset about 4 times the past few weeks... UPC are of course unaware of any problems and are more than willing to arrange a call out ... *sigh*

• Advertisement
Advertisement