Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPod corrupt...can this be fixed?

• 11-02-2011 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi, when I connect my iPod to itunes and transfer music on to it, itunes then freezes after not long and I have to remove the iPod. Sometimes when music actually does transfer and it does not freeze, once I remove the iPod and search through it, no music has actually gone on to it. I have tried restoring it to its original settings but still this is no use. The iPod it self seems to work perfect just that it will not let me transfer any music on to it and it freezes the itunes program when I auto sync. Have no idea where to try and get this fixed. Does anyone know what might be wrong, or have had a similar problem with theirs?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I sometimes get a windows 95 style popup when I plug in my ipod telling me my ipod is corrupt and needs to be reformatted. What I do is then flick the hold switch back and forth 5+ times and then hold the middle button and the top button in the wheel till it resets. It then syncs up with itunes for me.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1320
    Different models work differently

Have you tried syncing it with other computers to see if it's the ipod or pc that is having problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭atat23

You've tried the recommended fix to most ipod problems which is restoring it, depending on what type of ipod (i.e if it's not a touch) you could hook it up and reformat it completely in windows, there's guides all over the internet on how to do it. Then restore it once more and hope for the best.

If that's too much hassle, try downloading sharepod which enables you to manage your ipod music without itunes. Not ideal if you actually need to use itunes for purchases and such but it has its uses.

Advertisement