Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIT OmniSports Hosting a Summer Softball League?

• 11-02-2011 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hey guys I am rather new here,

But I just heard off a few people that WIT Omnisports were potentially looking at starting a Softball League in the summer. I havent played since college a few years ago. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this? If there are any teams interested in playing and need extra players?

Personally if it goes ahead I think it would be great for local businesses and people to put together teams, as they only really have a league in Dublin, would be quite good to get one going in Waterford and compete on the national level.

Let me know if you know anything :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Give Dom a shout who runs the leagues. He's pretty quick to reply to any queries that anyone has. The astroturf is brilliant up there. We play a football league there and to play normal rules is way better than the rubbish in nightowls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭blobbyblob

The answer to that would be Yes or at least strongly being considered, dependant on numbers of course.

Second Tag Rugby Spring tournament starting the end of this month, Summer Soccer league, Inter firms soccer cup and Hurling 10s also among others if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Whats softball??

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭coddlesangers

JamieP wrote: »
    Hey guys I am rather new here,

But I just heard off a few people that WIT Omnisports were potentially looking at starting a Softball League in the summer. I havent played since college a few years ago. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this? If there are any teams interested in playing and need extra players?

Personally if it goes ahead I think it would be great for local businesses and people to put together teams, as they only really have a league in Dublin, would be quite good to get one going in Waterford and compete on the national level.

Let me know if you know anything :)

I'd say get in touch with http://www.munstersoftball.com/

New league, started last year, a few teams, I'm sure there must be some other WIT people involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 JamieP

Yeah,

I have been speaking with a few with Munster Softball and they tend to run a league based around the counties in Munster which could involve a lot of travel for people.

I suppose the attraction of having a league based in Waterford, would mean less travel for all those in the Waterford area.

After speaking with Dom, I guess its about getting support and people who want to play :)

• Advertisement

cococoady wrote: »
    Whats softball??

Ah baseball.
    Would be interesting alright.

Yeah basically Baseball, only co-ed and more based around fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

I'd be up for giving this ago, looks like a bit of fun.

I'd be up for this too sandwiching it in between cricket and rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

kensutz wrote: »
    Give Dom a shout who runs the leagues. He's pretty quick to reply to any queries that anyone has. The astroturf is brilliant up there. We play a football league there and to play normal rules is way better than the rubbish in nightowls.

Could someone please PM me Dom's details, I would love to get this league going...

• Advertisement

Heya "Up2NoGood"

I can definetly relay the message, I think Dom also has an eye on this page.

Would you have a team, looking for a team or in the Waterford Area?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

JamieP wrote: »
    Heya "Up2NoGood"

I can definetly relay the message, I think Dom also has an eye on this page.

Would you have a team, looking for a team or in the Waterford Area?

Hey Jamie, i'm looking to join a team. I will spread the word though...

Up2NoGood wrote: »
    Hey Jamie, i'm looking to join a team. I will spread the word though...

Would be deffo interested in joining a team if one was put together.

Same here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd also give it a look.

Advertisement