Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

epl help???

• 11-02-2011 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

hey guys...heres the scanario.....got everything i need to set up a good tv package.....using a t90 with 16lnbs.....but before i align everyting i was wondering what is the best viewing card to get the english premier league...or is there any sats that have channels that show it for free...cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pigeon1916

ConorNero wrote: »
    hey guys...heres the scanario.....got everything i need to set up a good tv package.....using a t90 with 16lnbs.....but before i align everyting i was wondering what is the best viewing card to get the english premier league...or is there any sats that have channels that show it for free...cheers :)

Hi
    I use a CYFRA+ card for watching EPL on Canal + Poland (Hotbird).
    I got the card here http://satsklep.pl/index.php?s=produkt&id_prod=1250&id_kat=80&id_typu=0

The only downside is that the commentary is in Polish.
    http://www.canalplus.pl/program?2011.02.12

The T90 with 16 Lnb's sounds like a great set-up.
    Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

TRing on 15.8east is another good one, make sure you get the card with the 3pm kick offs though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ConorNero

they both seem pretty good... which is better value tho? like does tring show a lot of games? would i be better going with cyfra and al jazeera mixed.....

they both seem pretty good... which is better value tho? like does tring show a lot of games? would i be better going with cyfra and al jazeera mixed.....

I can't help you there as I don't know how much a tring card cost.
    As far as I have read. The Tring card has a lot more choice and English commentary. But I am not sure about the quality or if they show games in HD.

I am not to bothered with the Al Jazeera card. They don't show any EPL.
    Just Scottish and FA cup football. ITV have the pick of the FA cup for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Tring can be gotten here
    http://69.46.27.82/~alsatoff/shop/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=149&Itemid=1&Itemid=1

Ill warn ya now, I have Tring and it gives you all the soccer but the picture quality is pretty poor but you get all the EPL so its a balancing act if you get me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

pigeon1916 wrote: »
    I am not to bothered with the Al Jazeera card. They don't show any EPL.
    Just Scottish and FA cup football. ITV have the pick of the FA cup for free.

Can't go wrong with Al Jazeera if you ask me. Plenty of football to choose from( A lot more than Scottish and FA cup as you said). Italian, Spanish, Dutch, German(cup only), French(I think), Brazilian etc.

Add in all Champions League and Europa League games, International friendlies along with some NBA if that takes your fancy and for a card that works out at about €8 a month you can't go wrong. The perfect compliment to Tring/Cyfra imo.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Can't go wrong with Al Jazeera if you ask me. Plenty of football to choose from( A lot more than Scottish and FA cup as you said). Italian, Spanish, Dutch, German(cup only), French(I think), Brazilian etc.

Add in all Champions League and Europa League games, International friendlies along with some NBA if that takes your fancy and for a card that works out at about €8 a month you can't go wrong. The perfect compliment to Tring/Cyfra imo.

The Cyfra + card already has all the Live Spanish, Italian, French, Polish footy + NBA.
    But you are right about it being a cheap buy if you wanted the extra Scottish, Dutch and South American footy.

Headshot wrote: »
    Tring can be gotten here
    http://69.46.27.82/~alsatoff/shop/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=149&Itemid=1&Itemid=1

Ill warn ya now, I have Tring and it gives you all the soccer but the picture quality is pretty poor but you get all the EPL so its a balancing act if you get me

cheers for the reply :).....i have contacted a few places and ive been told that i should get perfect reception with tring in all conditions do you think this is just a sale pitch or is there a chance of me getting a good reception with the t90? how big is the dish you have and where are you located? i'm in laois

cheers for the reply :).....i have contacted a few places and ive been told that i should get perfect reception with tring in all conditions do you think this is just a sale pitch or is there a chance of me getting a good reception with the t90? how big is the dish you have and where are you located? i'm in laois

I have a 1.2m dish but I dont think you need that size dish for Tring

You'll have a fixed dish so you'll get a better signal than my motorized dish

Someone else will tell you what size dish you'll need, im located in Tipp

I have a 1.2m dish but I dont think you need that size dish for Tring

You'll have a fixed dish so you'll get a better signal than my motorized dish

Someone else will tell you what size dish you'll need, im located in Tipp

how noticeable is the quality? does it lag with a very pixely reception or is it something that wouldnt be noticed unless you were looking for it? jeez to be honest if a 1.2 finds reception not great for it then what chance would a 90cm have.....how do you find having a motorised dish by the way? does it provide a good channel listing? do you no if you get any wrestling by any chance?

• Advertisement

how noticeable is the quality? does it lag with a very pixely reception or is it something that wouldnt be noticed unless you were looking for it? jeez to be honest if a 1.2 finds reception not great for it then what chance would a 90cm have.....how do you find having a motorised dish by the way? does it provide a good channel listing? do you no if you get any wrestling by any chance?

No you dont get it. The picture is poor. Doesnt matter what size dish you have its just poor. The signal with a motorized dish is 80%.

You should get a good signal with a 90cm dish I reckon

Do you watch setanta much? If so, you would notice the poor picture, now imagine setanta picture and make it 20% worse, that's tring.

I ****ing love my motorized dish, the best money I ever spent. You can get wrestling in it but you need a sub. The soccer that I can be gotten on FTA is amazing from RTPi for EPL to Beyaz for Dutch soccer, its wonderful

No you dont get it. The picture is poor. Doesnt matter what size dish you have its just poor. The signal with a motorized dish is 80%.

You should get a good signal with a 90cm dish I reckon

Do you watch setanta much? If so, you would notice the poor picture, now imagine setanta picture and make it 20% worse, that's tring.

I ****ing love my motorized dish, the best money I ever spent. You can get wrestling in it but you need a sub. The soccer that I can be gotten on FTA is amazing from RTPi for EPL to Beyaz for Dutch soccer, its wonderful

ahhh ok i get ya now.....god that sucks about tring a bit but i guess its better thnn having to watch soccer saturday.....i had been putting thought into getting a motorised dish and the only thing that stopped me was not being able to multiroom it....i think i'll get the tring card and see how it goes.....pricewise its good even if reception isnt the best....i'll either get tring and cyfra or tring and al jazeera.....

ahhh ok i get ya now.....god that sucks about tring a bit but i guess its better thnn having to watch soccer saturday.....i had been putting thought into getting a motorised dish and the only thing that stopped me was not being able to multiroom it....i think i'll get the tring card and see how it goes.....pricewise its good even if reception isnt the best....i'll either get tring and cyfra or tring and al jazeera.....

Tring is superb in terms of having every EPL match. al jazeera is like Tring in that it doesnt have the best picture but the amount of soccer on those 10 channels is amazing

if your ever on the look out for a brilliant receiver that works perfect with a motorised dish or fixed dish just click my sig / plug :D

Tring is superb in terms of having every EPL match. al jazeera is like Tring in that it doesnt have the best picture but the amount of soccer on those 10 channels is amazing

if your ever on the look out for a brilliant receiver that works perfect with a motorised dish or fixed dish just click my sig / plug :D

Ok this may seem dumb on my part but what is your sig? like where do i click?

Ok this may seem dumb on my part but what is your sig? like where do i click?

If you dont really care about picture quality and want alot of soccer go for Tring and jazeera imo

heres what I was talking about

http://www.adverts.ie/satellite/topfield-tf7700hsci/448576

I open to offers for anyone interested /plug

Im sounding Like DX in here :D ( i better stop)

If you dont really care about picture quality and want alot of soccer go for Tring and jazeera imo

heres what I was talking about

http://www.adverts.ie/satellite/topfield-tf7700hsci/448576

I open to offers for anyone interested /plug

Im sounding Like DX in here :D ( i better stop)

haha sweet i get ya now....cheers i'll keep it in mind....been thinking bout a multiroom option a lot so that might fit the bill.....and dx plugs were always good.....shameless.....but good ;)

Btw Conor there's talk of Tring HD coming too. So somthing else to consider

aahhhhhhhhh....in that case im sold :).....i may be in touch shortly bout the receiver too :) thanks again

aahhhhhhhhh....in that case im sold :).....i may be in touch shortly bout the receiver too :) thanks again

ya no bother

remember im open to offers

cya around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

omg :eek: how are they going to squeeze that in when they can't even handle SD :D

• Advertisement

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    omg :eek: how are they going to squeeze that in when they can't even handle SD :D

There's just talk tbh

It comes from having HD boxes on their site, who know if its true or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

There's just talk tbh

It comes from having HD boxes on their site, who know if its true or not

I think this was the plan for when the new bird got into place. That went splat on launch so I don't there is any room left on 16E for HD.

Besides, I keep saying it (hope I am wrong). When the new bird is up and Tring move to it, I am certain they will employ a tight beam to stop us getting it from here.

Advertisement