Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free electronic (WEEE) recycling Sat 12th

Options
  • 11-02-2011 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭

In case anyone has a burning desire to dispose of some electronic items there are free public drop sites at Tesco Wilton and Tesco Midleton tomorrow between 10 am and 4 pm.

Blurb from their website:

WEEE Ireland organises and promotes public collection events of WEEE and waste batteries in areas which don’t have convenient access to civic amenity sites. Any household item with a plug or battery will be accepted at these collection events – from large items such as fridges, dishwashers and tumble-dryers, to small household items such as remote controls, electric toothbrushes and everything in between. All waste batteries will be accepted free of charge, including AA and AAA batteries, torch batteries, watch batteries, car batteries and electric fence batteries.

I gather they also give out free branded 'goodies' as an incentive to use the service....what more could you ask for? :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I thought they were setting one up at Mahon Point for tomorrow as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Their website only has Wilton and Midleton listed but maybe they haven't got around to updating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Its always free to dispose of WEEE items at the dump on the south link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I know - just drawing attention to these two for people who aren't able to get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

pow wow wrote: »
    Their website only has Wilton and Midleton listed but maybe they haven't got around to updating it.

I heard it on the radio so I or they could be wrong, I'd go with what the website says rather than trust my hearing. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement