Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAG Week

• 11-02-2011 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭

Is anybody actually excited about RAG week this year?? I think it's the weakest lineup i've seen yet, who seriously wants to see Killers and Kings Of Leon cover bands? There's plenty of original acts in this country that are well worth anyone's attention and it shouldn't be so hard for the AITSU to bag a few of them. The only night i'll probably go out is on Thursday night to see Frantic Jack, who are a good live band and throw in plenty of original songs.

I guess for 1st years, and maybe 2nd years, RAG week will be a novelty so they will probably make the most of it, but after that it just gets repetitive and a bit tiring. But still it's nice to have a week off college.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

John O Callaghan Monday good dj worth seeing other then that its ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

terrible line up, rubberbandits and o'callaghan are really the only 2 decent acts theyve gotten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Zero1986 wrote: »
    Is anybody actually excited about RAG week this year

No :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I'm staying well clear of the town the night the Rubberbandits are on. Not only will every wanker in AIT be there but every scumbag in Athlone will be outside Karma trying to get in and starting fights with people. Fun for all the family :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

I'm staying well clear of the town the night the Rubberbandits are on. Not only will every wanker in AIT be there but every scumbag in Athlone will be outside Karma trying to get in and starting fights with people. Fun for all the family :D

Scumbags with spar plastic bags covering their faces!!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

YEAH !!! let's stay at home an bitch about them on the internet that'll show em ............... :rolleyes:

athlonelad wrote: »
    Scumbags with spar plastic bags covering their faces!!!:rolleyes:
    They'll probably forget to put the holes in them though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

They'll probably forget to put the holes in them though :D

If only!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

i dunno, im looking forward to John O' Callaghan, and the bandits should be good craic too!

cant see anymore acts worth a sh1t3 though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭vinamax

After four years here I'm not excited about it at all. Maybe if the line-up were better and I didn't have the same financial issues I would feel differently, but the S.U. people can do far better than this! LYIT regularly have the Vengaboys playing during RAG week, so I'm sure that whoever is really in charge could easily get someone decent in. And I do NOT mean Jedward or Crystal Swing, or the McCaul eejits, or Big Generator, or anyone else who has some sordid/forced novelty factor about them.

Anyone else remember Inflatable Twister two years ago??? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Sarski

Hey guys,

I completely agree... what a waste of time! They don't even use local talent like the two lads in Galactus, they're an amazing up and coming dub step duo but instead they choose has beens like Alex Gaudino etc. The hardy bucks & Justiy are plying on the Wed night in Karma so at least that'll be some craic :D

Sars

Sarski wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I completely agree... what a waste of time! They don't even use local talent like the two lads in Galactus, they're an amazing up and coming dub step duo but instead they choose has beens like Alex Gaudino etc. The hardy bucks & Justiy are plying on the Wed night in Karma so at least that'll be some craic :D

Sars
    Ha! Way to bump a two year-old thread :D I saw this years line-up a couple of weeks ago and it looked terrible.

Actually, if people are looking for something good to do this Wednesday night I strongly recommend coming to The Prince Bar for a great night of music and craic.

https://www.facebook.com/acousticaudioprince?fref=ts

Advertisement