Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to find a reputable on line store to deliver a bottle of whiskey to France

• 11-02-2011 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

OK it is my Father in Laws 80th birthday next month and me and the wife want to send him a bottle of whiskey for the big day. He is having a big party in the summer so this is just a gesture pressie.

We tried Laphroaig for the first time last weekends at a friends and it blew us both away. I think he would enjoy this and want to get a bottle delivered via a reputable on line retailer. Has anyone got any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Why don't you purchase the whiskey in a presentation box. Put it in a slightly bigger box surrounded by bubble wrap and bring it to An Post with recorded delivery or insured delivery.

Most likely cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/

British website, heard a few good things about them on this board recently.

They ship to Ireland as well as most of the EU as far as I know.

Worth a look.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Celtic Whiskey shop is your best bet
    http://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

The Celtic Whiskey Shop is possibly your best bet for a decent selection of Irish and they are totally reliable. As is the Whisky Exchange.

However there is also a French site which is fairly good.

La Maison Du Whisky and has been in business over 50years and maybe handy as they are located in france. Their site is in French but easy to follow and if you have any issuse they will answer an email queries in English and again are very reliable.

I've used all 3 with out any issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Thanks guys will check out the La Maison du Whisky a little later. Was in the Celtic Whisky Store yesterday and they were very helpful. Probably veering towards a Bowmore now ;)

So much choice and so little time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

gandalf wrote: »
    Thanks guys will check out the La Maison du Whisky a little later. Was in the Celtic Whisky Store yesterday and they were very helpful. Probably veering towards a Bowmore now ;)

So much choice and so little time!

Come on man you had 80 years! Its not like it sprung up on ye :P

enda1 wrote: »
    Come on man you had 80 years! Its not like it sprung up on ye :P

Errr my father in law is 80 not me !!!!! ;)

Just an update on this. I used La Maison Du Whisky as recommended in this thread and the bottle was delivered to my father in law within 4 days. Thanks guys. We decided to send him a bottle of Redbreast 12 in the end. He is very happy with it!

Advertisement