Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

External hardrive Recovery?

• 11-02-2011 3:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

My Maxtor 250gb hardrive doesnt seem to want to come on any more when the adapter is attached :( , i persume the fuse or something has gone in it as its quite old!,

Just wondering if is ther any place i can bring it to to get the data transfered onto a new one?

Thanks in advanced for any replys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

My Maxtor 250gb hardrive doesnt seem to want to come on any more when the adapter is attached :( , i persume the fuse or something has gone in it as its quite old!,

Just wondering if is ther any place i can bring it to to get the data transfered onto a new one?

Thanks in advanced for any replys.

If you have a desktop or tower you can simply pop it on to spare cables in the box. Do you know whether it is IDE or SATA? IDE is like a wide strap, the other is like a narrow band.

The IT guys in the job would do that for you otherwise why not try someone like marxcomputers.ie in Fairview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

bette wrote: »
    If you have a desktop or tower you can simply pop it on to spare cables in the box. Do you know whether it is IDE or SATA? IDE is like a wide strap, the other is like a narrow band.

The IT guys in the job would do that for you otherwise why not try someone like marxcomputers.ie in Fairview.

Ah right cool.. ill try that when i hav the time, i didnt open it up yet so i dunno. Hopefully it fits into the drive slot on this pc .

Cheers!

Advertisement