Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I bought Soap & Glory's For Daily Youth 365 in Boots yesterday, €15.99.

http://www.soapandglory.com/skincare/everyday-skincare/skincreams-moisturisers/for-daily-youthtm

It leaves my skin nicely hydrated and even a bit glowy, which is great. It's a lovely base for make-up because it's quite softening. It might not suit very oily skins but I'm quite oily and I love it. And it smells like peach yoghurt :)

My first S&G buy, and my first anti-ageing product. Double whammy :o

I have it too and quite like it, only problem with it is that there's no spf :( so I can't use it for summer/out doors days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I have it too and quite like it, only problem with it is that there's no spf :( so I can't use it for summer/out doors days

Yeah I can see why that'd be a problem! SPF's not something I normally look for in a moisturiser because it's often in my foundation anyway, but if you don't wear make-up everyday then it's a shame that the S&G doesn't have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

SPF is pretty much the only anti-ageing ingredient that actually works anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Finally found a wet n wild stand, so hard to resist buying everything, but I'm off to England tomorrow and want to stock up on sleek while I'm there so only one eyeshadow palette for me!

Dolbert wrote: »
    SPF is pretty much the only anti-ageing ingredient that actually works anyway!

True! At least I'm not looking leathery yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

bought the miss manga mascara after seeing a review online. its pretty good. The brush is too flexible for my liking. it is proper black black which is great. However i did found it ended up on my eyelids so i had to reapply eye shadow. i also found it clumped which made it hard to apply a few coats. that said it may be because of how i applied it so i will try two thin coats instead of one thick one tomorrow. does it length your lashes? yes it makes them long and thick. i already have crazy long lashes so i try and get mascara to volumise them and this is pretty good. i wouldnt trade my nyx doll eyes volume for it but its not bad for the price!

ive also done a 360 on the loreal nude magic teint stuff. when i first got it i dismissed it as 'coloured water' and chucked it in a bag as it was wrecking my head and was even worse over smashbox primer. however i ended up using it again this week as i was getting to the end of my max factor mousse and as a result it was starting to get a bit drying. so i have been applying this over maybelline baby skin primer (amazing primer im in love with it!!!) and its so much better. it still has pretty crap coverage but its a nice shade and a huge bonus is its so not drying at all. it goes on very well over that primer and looks very natural. the baby skin primer feels amazing going on its great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lajoie

I'm a massive fan of the Essence brand - doesn't test on animals, it's incredibly inexpensive and wildely available. I purchased their 3 in 1 cleanser and face mask yesterday (€2.99 - can't go wrong really) and just used for the first time as a mask. It has little exfoliating beads in it and is mildly scented, but definitely not overpowering. My main query is about the sensation when it's applied - it burnt like crazy! It was like having extreme eucalyptus on my face, but I didn't notice that in the ingredients... In any event, my skin did feel really good afterwards so I'll be reusing and just not leaving on my skin for so long (it says 3 minutes, I'd give it juuust about that). By the way, I have combo skin.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Becoming slightly embarrassed over all my posts here but couldnt resist 3 for €13 on John Frieda products in boots
    My hair would be pretty long now, beyond boob length and ive started getting balayage done so Im very conscious of keeping it healthy right now.. Anyway I got
    John Frieda Frizz Ease heat protection spray
    12216050_201311291438.jpg
    John Frieda Full Repair mask - Ive high hopes for this to pamper and nourish my hair. Im interested to see how my hair feels after and to judge how often is best to use it.. Id like to think my hair is in reasonably good shape considering
    JohnFriedaDeepConditioner_zps6f21b96d.png
    Finally I got the John Frieda go blonder lightening spray. Im still both skeptical and worried to use it after reading reviews but I decided to bite the bullet. My hair is kinda a blondey brown with pieces lighter than others so Im not sure am I going to end up with orange chunks or pieces falling out, but I was ridiculously tempted by it.. Heres hoping anyway
    John%2Bfrieda%2Bgo%2Bblonder%2B3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Oswin

Hey girls, sorry if this is off topic but I've noticed a lot of mention of sleek products on these pages but I've never seen them in any shop, can anyone tell me where I might find them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Oswin wrote: »
    Hey girls, sorry if this is off topic but I've noticed a lot of mention of sleek products on these pages but I've never seen them in any shop, can anyone tell me where I might find them?

Boots stores now stock Sleek. It can also be purchased online from http://www.cloud10beauty.com/ (their delivery is sooo fast btw!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Bought samples of yonka 93 moisturiser and it's so amazing I bought the actual one
    Smells lovely too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Anyone seen the wet n wild makeup in a Dunnes outside Dublin? Tried Patrick St in Cork during the week but they didn't have it.

Also, do Boots stock Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation? Considering trying it after all the good reviews here, but my nearest Boots don't seem to have it and I have a voucher for there so it would be handy! It's on their website alright though.

Got the Naked 1 palette during the week, only used it once so far but lovely colours, and didn't crease at all which is a first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Haven't been reading much beauty blogs or stuff recently so how excited and shocked was I to see a Wet n Wild stand in Dunnes today!! (in Maynooth)

Got a 3 pan shadow palette (Walking on Eggshells), a Balm Stain (Mauve) and a shiny purple nail polish (Buffy the Violet Slayer).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Anyone seen the wet n wild makeup in a Dunnes outside Dublin? Tried Patrick St in Cork during the week but they didn't have it.

Also, do Boots stock Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation? Considering trying it after all the good reviews here, but my nearest Boots don't seem to have it and I have a voucher for there so it would be handy! It's on their website alright though.

Got the Naked 1 palette during the week, only used it once so far but lovely colours, and didn't crease at all which is a first!
    Merchants Quay Dunnes and Douglas Court Dunnes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

deise_girl wrote: »
    John Frieda Full Repair mask - Ive high hopes for this to pamper and nourish my hair. Im interested to see how my hair feels after and to judge how often is best to use it.. Id like to think my hair is in reasonably good shape considering
    http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii207/susan__1985/JohnFriedaDeepConditioner_zps6f21b96d.png
    I have this, it is amazing. My hair is like silk after using it.

I don't colour my hair though although I do get dry ends that break easily.

I would advise avoiding the Straight Ahead range from JF though, it leaves mine, my mum's and my friends very greasy, and only washing up liquid seems to cu through the greasiness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I didn't find the JF deep conditioner did anything for my hair :(
    I find the hask hair masks are brilliant

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

You can get them in Boots in Liffey Valley and Boots.ie as far as I know and on Cloud10beauty.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Luno wrote: »
    Merchants Quay Dunnes and Douglas Court Dunnes :)

Brilliant, thank you! Don't go to the Merchants' Quay one much anymore, will head in tomorrow though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Funny sombody just mentioned Sleek, My order from cloud10 just arrived this morning I got
    Sleek concealer palette in Fair SleekHaul+%25289%2529.JPG

Sleek face form in Fair. sleek%2Bface%2Bform%2Bfair%2Bkit.jpg

Sleek eyebrow kit in Dark Sleek-Makeup-Brow-Kit-Extra-Dark-Review-6.jpg

Ive had an eyeshadow palette from them for ages and its amazing so pigmented and the quality is fantastic.
    I needed to replace the above items and i really didnt have 100+ euro to get them from MAC and Benefit so i chanced my arm and ordered the Sleek. Wow just wow!! Everything from them is amazing. The face form is my favourite honestly it is such good quality makeup.

My friend is a manager for smashbox and she had a play with my new Sleek stuff tonight and she was so impressed with all of it.

If anyone is thinking about trying them out just bite the bullet you wont be disappointed . I ordered from Cloud 10 as usual and the service is great. Really quick delivery.

^^ I love my Sleek Brow Kit, I'd have no interest in a more expensive one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I bought Maybelline Baby Skin pore eraser a few weeks ago and having used it several times I am so impressed!

As a religious user of porefessional by Benefit I said for £6 I'd give the baby skin a try. My porefessional has now been relegated to the boxes of make up I keep in reserve and baby skin has taken it's place in my make up bag!

I'm 21 and have a face like the surface of the moon I've so many pores, with combination skin! This keep my make up on for hours and it recently stood the challenge of my University graduation! Definitely a new favourite!

Where did you get the baby skin from?
    I havent seen it in any shops, and its not on boots.ie

ladypip wrote: »
    Where did you get the baby skin from?
    I havent seen it in any shops, and its not on boots.ie

Got it in a boots UK store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

They had Baby Skin on a "New Products" stand in Boots, Stephens Green, the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

the baby skin is amazing!! (although mine is wicked hard to squeeze out of the tube?). its like velvet going on and is brill under make up - well worth the money

Is the Baby Skin good for serious oil control? I need something cheaper to replace my Smasbox when it runs out, so I was considering that or the Paese primer.

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Is the Baby Skin good for serious oil control? I need something cheaper to replace my Smasbox when it runs out, so I was considering that or the Paese primer.

I have combination skin and find it sits well over my entire face, except very dry bits

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I have combination skin and find it sits well over my entire face, except very dry bits

Sounds good, I don't really have any dry patches but plenty of oily ones! Thanks :)

• Advertisement

Thanks Toast and bscm im going hunting in my local boots today :)

Advertisement