Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Love NARS! mauzo, stop shopping! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I know I'm horrific on the oul interwebs :(

Its NARS sheer glow foundation in shade mont blanc!

Just got my lancome teint idole today too! Excited to try it tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

@ mauzo! - Can I come raid your make up collection please? You have some gorgeous stuff!!! :P

Anyway, as well as the lipstick and lip liner earlier, I have just purchased a few bits on Fragrance Direct. It's stuff I have wanted for aaaaaages but could never justify buying but its my birthday next week so I decided to splurge a lil bit.

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Intensive Hand Treatment 75ml - two of these. Its my absolute favourite hand cream and I have purchased it since I was in New York in 2008 so decided to grab two as it was so cheap! :o Its normally around €30 in stores here I think.

http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/elizabeth-arden/elizabeth-arden-eight-hour-intensive-hand-treatment-75ml/invt/0052579

Revlon Colorstay 24H Foundation Combination/Oily Skin 30ml - colour 110 Ivory - hope its the right colour. Hopefully its either the same as my skin or lighter rather than darker!

http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/revlon/revlon-colorstay-24h-foundation-combinationoily-skin-30ml/invt/0043123

Also got this

OPI Nicole by O.P.I Strengthener Plus NI 245 15ml - hope its good!

http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/opi/opi-nicole-by-opi-strengthener-plus-ni-245-15ml/invt/0052920

That's me done shopping until I go to Galway at the end of March!

Toast4532 wrote: »
    @ mauzo! - Can I come raid your make up collection please? You have some gorgeous stuff!!! :P

Revlon Colorstay 24H Foundation Combination/Oily Skin 30ml - colour 110 Ivory - hope its the right colour. Hopefully its either the same as my skin or lighter rather than darker!

That's me done shopping until I go to Galway at the end of March!

It's actually not that big! I have old stuff for the bin, but it's all chemist stuff, today was my first NARS purchase, and I never had 'good' make up. I always used Revlon colourstay, since I was 16! So now I have some good foundations for going out and occasions. Ill use my Inglot stuff for day to day, and NARS, Lancome etc for special occasions. I don't know what the hell I'll do with my ELF stuff, I don't even know where to start with some of it.

I love that foundation, such amazing coverage. I've never been one to use too many products, a make up artist once said not to use full coverage because my skin is perfect, just use a product to combat the red cheeks and a light foundation. I ignored her :o full coverage all the way.

I will I had your willpower. I'm OFFICIALLY done shopping. I keep saying that, one of these days I'll mean it :rolleyes:

mauzo! wrote: »
    It's actually not that big! I have old stuff for the bin, but it's all chemist stuff, today was my first NARS purchase, and I never had 'good' make up. I always used Revlon colourstay, since I was 16! So now I have some good foundations for going out and occasions. Ill use my Inglot stuff for day to day, and NARS, Lancome etc for special occasions. I don't know what the hell I'll do with my ELF stuff, I don't even know where to start with some of it.

I love that foundation, such amazing coverage. I've never been one to use too many products, a make up artist once said not to use full coverage because my skin is perfect, just use a product to combat the red cheeks and a light foundation. I ignored her :o full coverage all the way.

I will I had your willpower. I'm OFFICIALLY done shopping. I keep saying that, one of these days I'll mean it :rolleyes:
    I never had good make up until I met my half sister who is a make up artist. For my birthday and Christmas I would get a box full of stuff. I remember when I first met her, I had a foundation, concealer, powder and vaseline in my make up bag. She was horrified, couldn't believe it. She soon changed that lol. She kept getting me stuff and completely changed my idea of make up (I was never bothered with it before) but had to use the stuff she got me lol.

She works for Bobbi Brown so would get 90% discount on those brands and any other brands owned by Estee Lauder so I always got 'good' make up, but for a lot less than it costs in stores.

My skin is so red lately so I need to up the coverage, I usually use No7 foundations, one light coverage and one medium (but build-able) coverage but want full coverage at the moment anyway as my skin is in awful condition!

Its not willpower putting a stop to me shopping, its an empty bank account! :o

I have to save for Galway (four weeks away) so unfortunately I am on a strict budget until then! :( Oh well, it will be worth it!

• Advertisement

I never had good make up until I met my half sister who is a make up artist. For my birthday and Christmas I would get a box full of stuff. I remember when I first met her, I had a foundation, concealer, powder and vaseline in my make up bag. She was horrified, couldn't believe it. She soon changed that lol. She kept getting me stuff and completely changed my idea of make up (I was never bothered with it before) but had to use the stuff she got me lol.

She works for Bobbi Brown so would get 90% discount on those brands and any other brands owned by Estee Lauder so I always got 'good' make up, but for a lot less than it costs in stores.

My skin is so red lately so I need to up the coverage, I usually use No7 foundations, one light coverage and one medium (but build-able) coverage but want full coverage at the moment anyway as my skin is in awful condition!

Its not willpower putting a stop to me shopping, its an empty bank account! :o

I have to save for Galway (four weeks away) so unfortunately I am on a strict budget until then! :( Oh well, it will be worth it!

90% discount??I am so jealous :( Never tried Bobbi Brown, or Estee Lauder. I'm getting there :P

I tried no7 but wasn't a huge fan of it. I can't find it now so I must have lost/dumped it!

mauzo! wrote: »
    90% discount??I am so jealous :( Never tried Bobbi Brown, or Estee Lauder. I'm getting there :P

I tried no7 but wasn't a huge fan of it. I can't find it now so I must have lost/dumped it!
    Yup 90%.

I got a MAC 187 for €11, several Bobbi Brown eyeshadows for €5 each, MAC Nail polish for €2, Bobbi Brown blusher for around €5. Mascaras for the same price. Bobbi Brown eye cream for about €12 etc. Got a Bobbi Brown brozer brush too, she got it as a gift and it was £4 sterling (she lives in the UK) and its about £30 to buy full price.

One time she ordered €80 worth of make up for me. It was like Christmas and birthdays had come at once. I still have some of that stuff.

Remember one time she showed me her work make-up, Christ, she had a wardrobe full of the stuff, no joke. I've never seen as much in my life. She had more in there than you'd find at a make up counter, it was unreal. She must have had every shade of the MAC foundations, Bobbi stuff. Don't even mention the amount of eye shadows she had.

Oh holy divine. I was overwhelmed just looking at the amount stuff she had.

Yup 90%.

I got a MAC 187 for €11, several Bobbi Brown eyeshadows for €5 each, MAC Nail polish for €2, Bobbi Brown blusher for around €5. Mascaras for the same price. Bobbi Brown eye cream for about €12 etc. Got a Bobbi Brown brozer brush too, she got it as a gift and it was £4 sterling (she lives in the UK) and its about £30 to buy full price.

One time she ordered €80 worth of make up for me. It was like Christmas and birthdays had come at once. I still have some of that stuff.

Remember one time she showed me her work make-up, Christ, she had a wardrobe full of the stuff, no joke. I've never seen as much in my life. She had more in there than you'd find at a make up counter, it was unreal. She must have had every shade of the MAC foundations, Bobbi stuff. Don't even mention the amount of eye shadows she had.

Oh holy divine. I was overwhelmed just looking at the amount stuff she had.

I must befriend one of the girls at the Bobbi Brown counter :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Yeah my cousin works as an origins manager and gets a huge discount on all company products owned by Estée Lauder the lucky duck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Why don't I have any of these people in my family??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

A very good friend of mine has been a counter manager for Chanel and urban decay and number 7. It is awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

One of my best friends is a smashbox manager it is AMAZING!!!

My shopping "ban" is clearly going well. :rolleyes: :o

Picked up these in Boots today.

Garnier Cleansing Micellar Water

http://www.feelunique.com/p/Garnier-Cleansing-Micellar-Water-400ml

Boots Vitamin E Gentle Eye Cream SPF15 (got this free on the 3 for 2 offer)

http://www.boots.ie/en/Boots-Vitamin-E-Gentle-Eye-Cream-SPF15-15ml_955892/

Botanics All Bright Hydrating Night Cream - this is only €6 something in store, not sure why its €7.69 online :confused:

http://www.boots.ie/en/Botanics-All-Bright-Hydrating-Night-Cream-50ml_1261967/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I also have no friends/family members that work in make-up counters :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I too am very :( that I have no friends or relations who work in make up counters.

Was in boots today and saw that they had a Lancome Gift with Purchase offer on, but being the cheapskate that I am, I wanted to check online to see what would be the best things to get to get the best value! (Lancome on boots.ie) So I got

stylelabbeautybloglancomealberelbazeyeshadowombreshypnosedolleyesdramastar.jpg
    lancome_crayon_sourcils_300.jpg

Lancome Ombre Hypnôse Doll Eyes and Drama eyes (The bottom two in the picture but they also have the other one in stock online) by Alber Elbaz (€12 each) and le crayon sourcils in blonde (€17.50) So they came to €41.50. You could get the 3 eyeshadows for €36 and still qualify for Gifts with purchase (and I think the shadows are mispriced as they are full price on the UK site)

The free gift includes: Gel Éclat 125ml (this is full size and retails for €25.50) and also Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate 7ml, Hypnôse Classic 2ml, Juicy Tubes 7ml, La Vie Est Belle 4ml. Hydra Zen Day SPF15 15ml, Hydra Zen Night 15ml, Hydra Zen Eye 5ml

premium_lancome_freegift_c9094_r18022014_p13b.jpg

And because I got three items I also got a full size Bi - Facial eye makeup remover (which retails for €28.50)
    lancome-bi-facil-eye-makeup-remover-125ml.jpg

Was in the market for a cleanser and eye make up remover anyway so to get the lot for €41.50 is pretty good going!

Never really used Lancome products before but have been using the Visionnaire serum since Christmas and I am converted. Wouldn't normally spend that much on a face product but I had vouchers and it was 33% off. Will be getting it again next year in the sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sunnyview

This arrived in the post yesterday looking forward to trying it out. Got the Black version. €12 incl delivery from the Eyeko website.

skinny_liquid_black-1-450x810.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Bought a few bits and pieces after reading good things on this thread. The Tangle Teezer is fantastic! My hair hasn't been in great condition and is always a pain to brush after washing, but there's no pulling and dragging anymore with this brush, and I find it leaves my hair nice and smooth too, love it :D

I also bought Sleek Face Form in fair, and the Sleek Brow Kit in Light. Still haven't gotten the hang of the contouring but I really like the quality of the powders, and also still practicing with the brow kit as I've only used pencils before, but all in all I'm impressed. Can't go wrong for the price either :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

sunnyview wrote: »
    This arrived in the post yesterday looking forward to trying it out. Got the Black version. €12 incl delivery from the Eyeko website.

Eyeko was my favourite brand before they totally rebranded a few years back. Their nail polishes were so cute. The liquid eyeliner used to cost a fiver, and going by comparisons on blogs etc it's pretty much the same product, just with a different design. Loved the liner, but I don't know if it's worth €12...

http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/revlon/revlon-colorstay-24h-foundation-combinationoily-skin-30ml/invt/0043123
    I received this package today and tested the foundation on my jawline and it looks to be a couple of shades too light for me.

The patch I put it on was a different colour to my neck, it was too light. I'm going to give it a try in the morning and see how it is, if it is too light I'll have to see about getting a bronzer to warm it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

I was meant to post this last week but forgot. I treated myself to all the following for my birthday.

Nars Sheer glow foundation:
    [img][/img]cbdd618c-cc86-43eb-a94d-f10b11a0e646.jpg
    Love this foundation. It looks really natural but gives good coverage. It stays on my face all day without reapplication.

Nars Illuminator in Super Orgasm and Adelaide:
    s1307560-main-grid.jpg

6a00d834fef85553ef01a3fcb78674970b-pi

I love Adelaide! It's the 2nd image. It looks so bright but blends to a beautiful colour. It's part of a limited edition collection from Nars. Definitely worth a buy.
    Super Orgasm is a really nice illuminator too. I think it will look better on me in summer when my skin gets tanned. It blends so nicely too but has got a lot more 'sparkle'.

Nars blushes in New Attitude (shown 1st) and Deep Throat:
    8cd789537f5c09bf3690514676aef0c4.jpg

nars_deepthroat002.jpg

Again, New Attitude is part of the Final Cut collection and I love it! It's so pretty. It's a bright pink that looks so good on fair skin and will hopefully look as good on tanned skin. I'll probably buy more of their Final Cut collection to be honest.
    Deep throat is ok. There's not a lot of pigmentation and I'm probably going to return it and try another colour.

Chanel Mat Lumiere:
    07495080202large.jpg

Who doesn't love to get something Chanel, even if it is foundation? :)
    I love the finish of this. I was looking for a matt finish specifically and this is amazing. It lasts all day without touchups and the colour sits perfectly on me. I'm going to buy this again for definite and probably the Vitalumiere for summer when my skin darkens.

Makeup Forever lift concealer:
    s698217-main-grid.jpg

This is ok. Doesn't settle into lines but seems kind of light. I don't need a lot of coverage so I'll keep it.

Sephora lip liner in Native Nude and Candid Candy:
    s1065739-main-grid.jpgs1065721-main-grid.jpg

Nude colours that blend nicely. I'm only starting to apply products to my lips so they're an easy beginning.

Mac Creme cup:
    creme-cup.jpg

Beautiful light pink colour. Feel pretty wearing this. I'm desperately looking for Mac's Patisserie but can't find it anywhere. May have to use Ebay soon.

I also got a Beauty Blender and Real techniques face brushes. Love them! I can't believe how cheap RT brushes are here. I had 30% off with Kohls too so saved even more.
    I got a few new OPI colours as well because I can get them for $4.50 so it's nice to try new colours.
    I bought a bunch of exfoliators, face cleanser, toner, hand cream, night face cream etc from Body Shop too.

And this day cream from Sephora which I love. It's got a light cucumber scent and feels so fresh.
    s1488352-main-grid.jpg

Apologies for the image heavy post. I'm sure I've left out a ton of stuff too. I'm slowly trying to have a great makeup collection and want to buy longer lasting products rather than cheap and cheerful products.
    I'm definitely loving my first steps with Nars and Chanel and will buy from them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

wet-n-wild-megalast-i-need-a-refresh-mint-bottle-swatch.jpg?w=610&h=457
    My nail polish embargo didn't last. I bought Wet n Wild I need a refreshmint. The brush is huge but it is a very nice colour and goes on well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Very jealous of your haul, CaliforniaDream! I've got my eye on that Chanel Mat Lumiere now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Very jealous of your haul, CaliforniaDream! I've got my eye on that Chanel Mat Lumiere now :o

Me too, deffo going to get a sample of it this week:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sunnyview

Seren_ wrote: »
    Eyeko was my favourite brand before they totally rebranded a few years back. Their nail polishes were so cute. The liquid eyeliner used to cost a fiver, and going by comparisons on blogs etc it's pretty much the same product, just with a different design. Loved the liner, but I don't know if it's worth €12...

I just tried it out bit tricky to apply but my liner skills would not be the best but have to say it literally does not budge all day! I was surprised that it actually came with a free mini pen as well it didn't say anything about that on the site so maybe it works out at better value that way. I have seen the pens available for 16-20€ on other sites. Bit of a sting alright especially when you can buy direct with no postage. I had gotten a great Rimmel one one for about €7 on offer but it dried out straight away :(

Birthday treats to myself (that's my way of justifying it anyway.....) :o

Eau Thermal Avene Water Spray

http://www.boots.ie/en/Eau-Thermal-Avene-Water-Spray-150ml_1586/

Witch Blemish Gel

http://www.boots.ie/en/Witch-Blemish-Gel-35ml_982949/

Botanics All Bright Hydrating Day Cream SPF15 - I have the night version of this and love it. It's so hydrating, smells lovely and feels really nice on the skin. Despite being for dry skin it hasn't irritated my combination skin.

http://www.boots.ie/en/Botanics-All-Bright-Hydrating-Day-Cream-SPF15-50ml_1261965/

Got all these Essence products for half price in a pharmacy.

3D Eyeshadow - Irresistible Chocolates

Irresistible+Chocolates.jpg

Essence_3DEyeshadow_-3.jpg

Essence shadow in "09 Get Ready"

cienessence5.jpg

Quattro "Over The Taupe" - I'll link the pics as they are too big too post.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-96rJjzqgWcA/T4gjqsjOeDI/AAAAAAAAFIs/Pfp97QxaVKc/s1600/DSC06061.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NEMd7JYvpnI/T4gjrBgRHiI/AAAAAAAAFJA/rvjsgFfBpG4/s1600/DSC06073.jpg

Kajal pencil in Teddy

Dupe+MAC+Teddy-Essence+Teddy.JPG

Lipgloss in "Bright Side Of Life" - really unsure about this but for €1 I said I'd try it and see.

ESSECE1.jpg

Lipgloss in "Sparkling Papaya" - again, not sure about this but said I'd try it anyway and see.

essence+xxxl+shine+sparkling+papaya+mit+Lippenstift+und+Gloss.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Went majorly crazy last week on holidays buying in the airport, on the plane and in numerous shops! Need rehab now!

Found a Kiko shop and nearly lost my mind! First time I had ever been in one and there was so much!

I picked up a few bits that included the following:

Skin tone corrector
    KM00108001principale_240Wx240H.jpg
    Glitter mascara top coat
    KC02303013principale_240Wx240H.jpg
    Smart eye pencil in mauve, mimetic green, dark amethyst and granite purple

KM00303010principale_240Wx240H.jpg
    Radiant touch creamy stick highlighter in gold
    KM00106003principale_240Wx240H.jpg

Also, bought Benefit's World Famous Neutrals
    bene-world-famous-neutrals1.jpg

Clarins Hand and Nail Cream
    ClarinsPhoto.jpg
    Lancome 3 rose body lotion
    Lancome-Accord-3-Roses-2514.jpg
    Aura by Swarovski ( Lovely for work, so fresh)

swarovski_aura.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Does anyone know which Dunnes in Cork does Wet 'n' Wild?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

ViveLaVie wrote: »

Downstairs in Merchants Quay :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »

It was my birthday and i had saved up to treat myself. It's been fun experimenting. I'm going to buy Lancome teint idole in summer too along with probably a ton more Nars stuff.
    I love the mat lumiere but read reviews about it. My skin is normal with a little dry patch but I love it. Very dry skin doesn't suit it apparently. Im definitely hooked on Chanel foundation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

ViveLaVie wrote: »

Douglas Court Dunnes stocks it

Advertisement