Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have the Chanel Vita Lumiere right now and I used to love it but now I find that it makes my face look just a little too glow-y. I must try the Mat Lumiere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I bought the Lancome teint idole, I absolutely hate it. I'd rather an essence one for €3/€4. It's orangey, patchy, and im really disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

mauzo! wrote: »
    I bought the Lancome teint idole, I absolutely hate it. I'd rather an essence one for €3/€4. It's orangey, patchy, and im really disappointed.

That sucks. It went on so beautifully on my skin. Did you get colour,matched? I didn't find it patchy at all though. Hope it's an easy return.
    It's oneof my favourite foundations and I'm actually wearing the last of my sample today. Have it on 9hrs now and no touchups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

It was my birthday and i had saved up to treat myself. It's been fun experimenting. I'm going to buy Lancome teint idole in summer too along with probably a ton more Nars stuff.
    I love the mat lumiere but read reviews about it. My skin is normal with a little dry patch but I love it. Very dry skin doesn't suit it apparently. Im definitely hooked on Chanel foundation.

That's a lovely treat, happy birthday!

I hated the Teint Idole as well, it seemed lovely initially but then I had a mad breakout so that was that. I recently bought Nars Sheer Matte and find it miles better. It has a lovely finish too.

I've read reviews of the Mat Lumiere and I'm not sure yet whether it'll be matte enough. Do you mind me asking how much you got it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Things I'm interested in trying and things I have bought and would use again, or not :

Has anyone tried the Fountain 'Beauty Molecule' or the Fountain Hydraluron and ginger supplement from Boots?
    It's dear enough and the reviews are split down the middle on the Boots website- about half of the reviewers were delighted with it and the other half disapointed. It's not that clear which would be the best for your skin as both of the main ingredients should be good for your skin (if indeed they are absorbed, and not ust excreted- there's no clear science written on the boots website for them)- and the resveratrol one seems to have hyaluronic acid in it too.

Collagen shots (the drink, not the injectable stuff)- anyone tried them? Again, I wonder if they would be absorbed.

Also, YSL Youth Liberator day serum (purple glass bottle). They won 7 Nobel prizes for the formula and the science behind it. I'm using it with no moisturiser at the moment, despite ordinarily having dry skin that I used to put moisturiser onto a few times a day. Fine expression lines are plumped out but forehead lines are the same.

Mac Volcanic Ash exfoliator- I got a sample in a little jar and used it twice but my forehead was dry and tight after using it. I'd say avoid if you don't have much oil in your skin.

Noticed Bobbi Brown buffing grains online at 30+ euro- just an idea, it's powdered adkuzi beans that you throw in with your normal cleanser, and I think this could easily be made at home by blending/ grinding a pack of adkuzi beans from the supermarket!

Mac FIx + spray- does give a nice glow when used over Mac Studio Fix powder. Unsure whether it's enough to justify repurchsing it. It does not set makeu as such.

Mac prep and prime primer. Tis ok. I think I wasn't leaving it dry in long enough and makeup was going slightly squidgy and patchy.

Mac studio fix powder foundation, I think this is the best I have tried- the others I tried were all liquids : lancome teint miracle (which wasn't bad at all) YSL touche eclat, which I wasn't mad about, L'oreal, Chanel and Manic Panic.

Isadora Glow Stick blush in Rosebud- even more of a nice glow, best blush I have used.

Velcro sleep rollers- I bought them and they were a disaster. Is there a styling spray or mousse that would make them more effective and prevent hair breakage when unrolling them?

Elizabeth Arden ceramide capsules (gold colour). I think it just sits on my skin and does nothing.

Does anyone know if you can buy Elemis products in Clare or Limerick? I don't shop online. I want to try their tranquil touch body cream someday.

La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5- very good stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Where can you buy the tangle teezer?

CaraMay wrote: »
    Where can you buy the tangle teezer?

I saw them in the Grafton street Boots the other day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    That's a lovely treat, happy birthday!

I hated the Teint Idole as well, it seemed lovely initially but then I had a mad breakout so that was that. I recently bought Nars Sheer Matte and find it miles better. It has a lovely finish too.

I've read reviews of the Mat Lumiere and I'm not sure yet whether it'll be matte enough. Do you mind me asking how much you got it for?

Thanks.
    I've heard sheer glow is way better than sheer matte. I didn't try sheer matte so I can't compare both.
    I would definitely get a sample of the mat lumiere before purchasing. I paid $54. I live in the US so not sure how much it goes for at home. Some of the other ones were cheaper at $45.
    I use Smashbox photo finish primer and Makeup Forever HD powder under and over my makeup. There's probably better primers you can get to matify your look more. I'm going to look into them but haven't so far.

Thanks.
    I've heard sheer glow is way better than sheer matte. I didn't try sheer matte so I can't compare both.
    I would definitely get a sample of the mat lumiere before purchasing. I paid $54. I live in the US so not sure how much it goes for at home. Some of the other ones were cheaper at $45.
    I use Smashbox photo finish primer and Makeup Forever HD powder under and over my makeup. There's probably better primers you can get to matify your look more. I'm going to look into them but haven't so far.

Yeah Sheer Glow gets rated a lot but my skin is very oily so it probably wouldn't work for me. I use the Smashbox primer as well and find it excellent.

Thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Bought this for my friends birthday. Have no idea where she'd wear them bit she wanted it!http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9hZTP8vHdmc/UsLJBMF2efI/AAAAAAAAAAA/38iTkU7-6EI/s1600/sleek%2Bultra%2Bmatte%2Bbrights%2Bpalette.jpg

And a real techniques sponge pour moi.

Cloud 10 are 15% off btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

javagal wrote: »
    Bought this for my friends birthday. Have no idea where she'd wear them bit she wanted it!http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9hZTP8vHdmc/UsLJBMF2efI/AAAAAAAAAAA/38iTkU7-6EI/s1600/sleek%2Bultra%2Bmatte%2Bbrights%2Bpalette.jpg

And a real techniques sponge pour moi.

Cloud 10 are 15% off btw

Wow what brand are eyeshadows?

My NARS order came today! Way too sick and lazy to open it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

lukesmom wrote: »
    Wow what brand are eyeshadows?

Sleek. 9.99 on cloud 10
    It's supposedly a dupe of the sigma creme de couture

Crap I bought in the last few days.

Haven't used this in years so said I'd give it a go again.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReEAVoR_ANlisQOp9uAJt4sogZTiZeylgIf5xcQgSXk7ZT43CNMQ

Revlon Colourburst lip butter, in peach parfait. I keep buying baby pinks and mattes, so I went for something different.
    300.JPG

I got this innatural but I think it will be far too dark for me. Why do I keep doing this?!?!

max-factor-whipped-creme-foundation-55-beige.jpg

Trying these out tonight. I like the Sleep In rollers, but they are so difficult to get off your head it almost ruins the curl! So I said id give these a go. 9 per pack, €14.29. I got 2 packs and have 15 rollers in my head now.

10154687?wid=280&hei=343&op_sharpen=1

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Went a bit mad at the Sleek stand in Boots last week as it was 3 for 2 on all costmetics and I had a few items picked out.

I was delighted getting the light contour kit, only to remember I already own the flippin' thing and now I have 2! I guess I can throw the spare into my travel bag, but it's so annoying not remembering that I had it already!

Anywho, also got the brow kit, and the wax is amazing in it - makes my brows look great with very little effort, so thumbs up from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

jenizzle wrote: »
    Went a bit mad at the Sleek stand in Boots last week as it was 3 for 2 on all costmetics and I had a few items picked out.

I was delighted getting the light contour kit, only to remember I already own the flippin' thing and now I have 2! I guess I can throw the spare into my travel bag, but it's so annoying not remembering that I had it already!

Anywho, also got the brow kit, and the wax is amazing in it - makes my brows look great with very little effort, so thumbs up from me!

In what Boots did you find an actual Sleek stand???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

dinemo6 wrote: »
    In what Boots did you find an actual Sleek stand???

They have a stand in the Boots in Liffey Valley.

I wonder if they have one in blanch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Review on Ogra.

****e. Stay away.

What it says:
    - natural
    - suitable for sensitive skin

What it meant
    - leaves your face broken out in hives, from the moisturiser, cleanser right up to the mask. I used the products three times before throwing it out. Cheap and useless.

Review on Ogra.

****e. Stay away.

What it says:
    - natural
    - suitable for sensitive skin

What it meant
    - leaves your face broken out in hives, from the moisturiser, cleanser right up to the mask. I used the products three times before throwing it out. Cheap and useless.

Ah no that's awful :( thanks for the heads up hope the hives go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 quinnyL

SexyD4Lady wrote: »
    Thought it would be a good idea to dedicate a recently purchased thread to cosmetics only where us makeup lovers can show off our newest acquisitions complete with reviews, perhaps some photos and tutorials using the products?

Bought nine items myself off the Eyes Lips Face website last night and three things in MAC today so will have a nice little haul to show to you F&A readers this time next week when my e.l.f. stuff has arrived!

Anyone agree with this idea for a thread?

Great idea.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

They have a stand in the Boots in Liffey Valley.

I need to go there instantly!!!!!! I love Sleek makeup!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

3 for 2 on boots.ie: Sleek Contour Kit in Light, Kate Moss 107 Lipstick and

Sleek Matte Palette V.2
    sleek-ultra-mattes-v21-c.jpg

Swatched this in London and regretted not picking it up. Pigmentation is amazing!
    Can't wait for my collection email!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

I just ordered the Narsissist palette. I can't wait for it to arrive!! :eek:

NARSissist-Eyeshadow-Palette-2.jpg

Other recent buys:

Sleek Sweet Cheeks
    Sleek+MakeUp+Blush+By+3+in+Sweet+Cheeks+Review+Swatch+Swatches+%25284%2529.jpg

Sleek Pink Sprint
    sleek+blush+by+3+pink+sprint.png

Bourjois CC Cream
    bourjois-cc-cream-123-perfect-review.jpg

No 7 Pop & Glow Cream Blush in Rose
    No7-Pop-Glow-Cream-Blush-Stick-shades.jpg

Soap&Glory Archery
    Soap+%2526+Glory+Archery+Brow+Tint+and+Precision+Shaping+Pencil+Review+Swatched+%25286%2529.jpg

None of the photos are mine.

Where did you buy the NARS palette from? Been debating over whether to pick it up or not for a while.

Vibrantblue is the No7 cream blush good?

I'm loving the sleek pink sprint! I'm not going to buy it though!

We'll see how long that lasts :o

Novella wrote: »
    Where did you buy the NARS palette from? Been debating over whether to pick it up or not for a while.

I ordered it from ASOS. It was a bit more expensive than what it was on John Lewis website. But I had a coupon code and it costed me the same anyway.

lukesmom wrote: »
    Vibrantblue is the No7 cream blush good?

I only used it once but I liked it.

• Advertisement

I ordered it from ASOS. It was a bit more expensive than what it was on John Lewis website. But I had a coupon code and it costed me the same anyway.

I think I just have to buy it. NARS is probably my favourite make up line. Yeah, I'll buy it.

Advertisement