Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I really want that NARS eye palette. Everywhere is out of stock.

I also want their Corfu and Voyage eye shadows. I am very, very tempted to get Corfu from ASOS while they have the 20% off.................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Novella wrote: »
    I think I just have to buy it. NARS is probably my favourite make up line. Yeah, I'll buy it.
    I really want that NARS eye palette. Everywhere is out of stock.

I also want their Corfu and Voyage eye shadows. I am very, very tempted to get Corfu from ASOS while they have the 20% off.................

It is selling crazy fast. I got a back-in-stock e-mail from John Lewis last week. I was out at that moment but I was back in front of my laptop in about an hour and it was sold out!! In a frikin' hour :eek:

I received it today and I must say that it is gorgeous! I had a genuine "My Prrreciousss" moment with it :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I went a bit nuts on Cloud 10 but I'm justifying it as part of a new skincare regime!

Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask €35
    http://www.cloud10beauty.com/glycolactic-skin-renewal-mask-html.html

Ren Clearcalm3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser €20
    http://www.cloud10beauty.com/clearcalm3-clarifying-clay-cleanser-html.html

Ren Clearcalm3 Replenishing Gel Cream €28 http://www.cloud10beauty.com/clearcalm3-replenishing-night-serum-html.html

:o

My free samples will be a Face Atelier white foundation, Ren eye cream and Sigma eye shadow samples.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Have been on the fence for ages about buying the UD Naked basics pallette when I already have naked 1, naked 2 and a few others. However I am glad I did! I love the matte finish on the shadows they are so easy to blend. It was only 21 euro so well worth the money. This was me just messing about with it last night, I love the natural neutral day look I could create in just a minute with it.

closed eye].JPG

open eye.JPG

I'd two mascaras I loved recently - loreal miss manga for day and givenchy noir couture for day but nothing was living up to my favourite nyx doll eyes volume mascara so I bought myself a new one of that - ive really long lashes so dont need a mascara to add length, just curl and volume and this does a great job :) I;ve put in a pic of my eyes with it on as im sure people must wonder why i keep banging on about it but its great stuff!

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I went a bit nuts on Cloud 10 but I'm justifying it as part of a new skincare regime!

Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask €35
    http://www.cloud10beauty.com/glycolactic-skin-renewal-mask-html.html

Ren Clearcalm3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser €20
    http://www.cloud10beauty.com/clearcalm3-clarifying-clay-cleanser-html.html

Ren Clearcalm3 Replenishing Gel Cream €28 http://www.cloud10beauty.com/clearcalm3-replenishing-night-serum-html.html

:o

My free samples will be a Face Atelier white foundation, Ren eye cream and Sigma eye shadow samples.

My order arrived yesterday, it was like Christmas morning here!

The Clearcalm cleanser is lovely, a creamy formula that doesn't leave my skin all tight. The gel cream is an odd creature; it felt quite heavy on my skin but throughout the day my skin felt so comfortable under my make-up. I'm looking forward to seeing the long term effects of those two products.

I used the glycolactic peel last night and the results today are something else! I'm all plumped and radiant and fresh looking. The blemishes are still there but don't seem as obvious anymore. I'm delighted I threw it in the basket.

I haven't used the free samples yet, but I got another unexpected free gift of large samples of Ren's Hydracalm cleansing milk and global protection cream, and the Omega 3 night serum. The serum is probably a bit heavy for me but the other two will be great on days where my skin feels all sore and irritated.

Great haul, I must say :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Bandagegurl

Ive been using kiehls mightnight recovery for 3 weeks now and ive noticed a huge difference in my skin. Its really plump every morning and not as dry. The only downside ive noticed is the lavander in the oil makes me have very weird dreams:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

Hey Guys

I wanted to give a review on the black eye pencils from primark aka pennys.

But I also wanted to comment about my opinion of REN. I previously worked for a supplier of REN products in London before they were available to the public and at that time only Beauty clinics/spas would of had them. My manager allowed us to use some products. It really was not for me. I found it too greasy on my skin or too rich. They may have adapted the formula since. I have a sample now from a order i made so i have yet to try.

Anyways i would highly recommend the black pencil liners you find in Penny's as its very pigmented and inexpensive!! In my opinion just as good as rimmel which will cost up to 4/5 euro. Iv bought them twice there.

Just to confirm, i tried the REN Hydra-calm cleansing milk sample, I was not so keen on the smell but could put up with it. Then my eyes started stinging and watering turning a red color. So that confirms, definitely a no go in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Picked up a few bits in boots Liffey Valley today:

Sleek Face form in light Sleek+Contour%252C+Highlighter+and+Blusher+Face+Form+Palette.jpg

Soap and Glory Hocus Pocus

51pTbRVPW6L._SY300_.jpg

No.7 goodies.

Instant radiance Foundation in cool ivory

Hydration maskno-7-hydration-mask.jpg

and

Dry oil spray(I LOVE THIS)boots-no7-pamper-dry-oil-body-spray.jpg

Also picked up some of the boots essentials cucumber masks after reading a few rave reviews.

Edit: Sorry for the giant pics..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I've been using the Sleek contour duo for a few weeks now and I love it! The highlighter is very soft, good for day time. I think I still prefer my The Balm Mary-Lou highlighter for night time looks.

I got a mega hair cut last week, from like boob length (how else to describe it!) to just a touch longer than a bob. I'm using Umberto Giannini volume mousse (purple bottle) and it's been very good so far. Soft, beachy kind of waves, messy look. I do miss being able to bundle my hair away in a top know through!

Great buys javagal! I have the Sleek Face Form and a few other blushes of theirs. They're amazing. Great pigmentation for the price.

Same with the Hocus Focus. I had it a few years back. It is a great dupe of the illuminating face primer from Clarins.

Let us know how you get on with the No7 mask. I'm interested but it's always hit and miss with No7.

• Advertisement

Twee. wrote: »
    I got a mega hair cut last week, from like boob length (how else to describe it!) to just a touch longer than a bob. I'm using Umberto Giannini volume mousse (purple bottle) and it's been very good so far. Soft, beachy kind of waves, messy look. I do miss being able to bundle my hair away in a top know through!

I recently (2 days ago!!) went from boob length :pac: to a bob that is much shorter than the long bob I was originally trying grow out :eek:

I should look into that mousse. I hate crunchy ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

I love my false eyelashes for a night out or a special occasion, not the big drag queen style ones, just a subtle touch usually at the corner of each eye. Tryed lots of falsies from Eyelure the original lashes, to japonesque and inglot. A couple of things I've learned.

More expensive does not necessarily mean a better product.

The glue you use is very important the best one I've come across is Duo in black, waterproof too so you can shower with your lashes on.

None of the lashes that you can buy (the new individual ones) will last up to four weeks on your eyes, it's marketing hype.

Some of the best lashes I've gotten lately (flares I think there called) were from Essence in Pennys they are each in a tiny bunch of 4/5 lashes, with the tray having 4 different lengths, I start at the middle of eye using the smaller ones working my way up to a subtle sweep of lashes on the outer corner of he eye, lasts 3/5 days depending how you treat them, and are amazingly cheap €3/4 for a box.
    There, hope those tips were usefull :)

Got an Elemis set - elemis sensationally smooth kit for a bargain £10 on brand alley this morning :D It has a cleanser, mask, body lotion and face cream in it - happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Tried the mask last night, left it on for 10 mins and my skin is like a babys arse today!
    I have the most dry,sensitive skin known to man so if anyone is gonna react to it, its me but so far so good. I'll do it again Sun night.
    Got 6.50 off it with the no7 voucher too(and 4e off the foundation and in 3 for 2-steal city!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Twee. wrote: »
    I've been using the Sleek contour duo for a few weeks now and I love it! The highlighter is very soft, good for day time. I think I still prefer my The Balm Mary-Lou highlighter for night time looks.

No way?! I got a foot of hair taken off this morning too, my hair was so thick and heavy, have a slight graduated long bob now, feel about two stone lighter. It's been blow dried straight which I have to say looks great but I'm looking forward to trying out all my hair tools on it, wand, babyliss big hair, heated rollers, sleep in rollers etc. will give that mousse a go!

Nice to have such a big change, I hate just getting an inch off here and there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

No way?! I got a foot of hair taken off this morning too, my hair was so thick and heavy, have a slight graduated long bob now, feel about two stone lighter. It's been blow dried straight which I have to say looks great but I'm looking forward to trying out all my hair tools on it, wand, babyliss big hair, heated rollers, sleep in rollers etc. will give that mousse a go!

Nice to have such a big change, I hate just getting an inch off here and there.

Same! I've had long hair for years but just went for it! I haven't used any of my tools as of yet, thinking I'll try the straightener this evening. I had it dried kind of bouncy in the hair dresser so haven't really properly seen how graduated it is.

I've been thinking of cutting my hair to my shoulders - it's currently bra-strap length. Dya think I'd still be able to use my Big Hair? Only got it at Christmas so it'd be as shame not to be able to use it.

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I've been thinking of cutting my hair to my shoulders - it's currently bra-strap length. Dya think I'd still be able to use my Big Hair? Only got it at Christmas so it'd be as shame not to be able to use it.

I have a hot brush from Tresseme. It doesn't rotate but is kind of similar to Big Hair in function. I bought it last year for my long bob. I actually find it easier to use on mid length hair than longer hair.

I have a hot brush from Tresseme. It doesn't rotate but is kind of similar to Big Hair in function. I bought it last year for my long bob. I actually find it easier to use on mid length hair than longer hair.

That's what I was hoping because my hair is so heavy that using the Big Hair takes forever. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

I've read about these two colours on blogs for a while and as I've green eyes pink/purples really compliment them so I finally purchased:

MAC Cranberry and Sketch eyeshadows
    IMG_1756.JPG

Also got this lip liner, love it already, it's very close to my natural lip colour but better :)

MAC Barely Bold lip liner
    mac_lavishcoralbag013.jpg

Also picked up Stila One Step Correct - it's a primer and colour corrector in one - hope it works!
    s49601_product_detail.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I'm waiting for my new T3 featherweight luxe 2i hairdryer to be delivered. My last T3 lasted for 7 years until it blew up the other day so I'm hoping this one lasts as long.

tth001_t3haircare_featherweight2idryerwithbrush_800x960.jpg
    I also got a brilliant new hair cutting scissors from Amazon for around £12 but it is very very sharp, I cut myself around 10 times when I was trimming my sons hair with it so it will take a bit of getting used to after using my old scissors.
    91C-oR3N7zL._SL1500_.jpg

I was in boots today and I picked up a couple of Barry m nail polishes,
    Blue moon and prickly pear.

blue-moon.jpg553272_l.jpg

I got a Barry M top coat as well and I hope I have better luck with this one than the last Sally Hansen one I got which made the tips of my nails all crack off. :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Tayla wrote: »
    I'm waiting for my new T3 featherweight luxe 2i hairdryer to be delivered. My last T3 lasted for 7 years until it blew up the other day so I'm hoping this one lasts
    Just wondering what makes you choose a certain hair dryer to buy? Its something ive never thought about before but im curious now..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

deise_girl wrote: »
    Just wondering what makes you choose a certain hair dryer to buy? Its something ive never thought about before but im curious now..

Well when I first bought a T3 years ago they were brand new to the market and were supposed to be the Rolls Royce of hairdryers, I had damaged my hair with straightening irons so I wanted to stop straightening my hair and just get a good hairdryer and the T3 fit the bill.

Through the years I've also used it for drying my kids hair and it was great because it wasn't damaging and could dry their hair on a low heat but still keep it looking smooth.

I tried a few different hairdryers since mine blew up and they just didn't compare at all, I had to resort to using the babyliss big hair on my sons hair (without the rotating function) to get it smooth lol, that actually worked great but it took ages to dry it.

I was thinking about trying the new GHD air but my last T3 dryer served me so well that I decided to go for that one in the end, plus I read that it's supposed to be better for hair than air drying so I was sold.

It arrived today so I'll be able to try it later yay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Clockwork Owl

I've really spoiled myself over the last couple of weeks!

My MAC Haul was me at my worst - I had a vague feeling that I wanted to spend money but didn't know exactly what I was looking for, so ended up splurging on impulse buys that haven't seen a huge amount of use yet.
    • MAC Blush in Harmony - the MUA suggested it as a nice contour shade for fairer skin
    • MAC Matte Lipstick in Mehr - a matte, brown-toned neutral
    • MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Hot Gossip - a sheer, shimmery pink
    • MAC Mineralize Lipstick in Grande Dame - as above, but a bit peachier
    • MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Flat Out Fabulous - a deliciously obnoxious bright pink, a bit deeper and more 'grown up' than my current fuchsia lip.

I was a little more savvy with my latest iHerb order. My main purchase was a huge tub of Nutiva Unrefined Coconut Oil, which works really nicely as a cleanser, make-up remover and kind-of moisturiser for my super-sensitive skin. I also bought the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and Retractable Lip Brush. Not so impressed by the lip brush - it's very much 'OK, I suppose' - but I'm a total convert to the Face Brush. The bristles are a tiny bit scratchy for my sensitive skin, but totally worth it for the smooth, streak-free finish it's given my foundation.

I was in harvey Nichols last week and wanted to pick up a foundation and face cream for my mum for mothers day. As luck would have it the cost of the two were just enough to get a freegift - i was expecting the usual tiny samples etc but this was impressive! Now I don't believe the 'worth over £200' claims at all as some of the products are sample sizes but there is a full sized laura mercier primer in there, a decent sized benefit porefessional and a face wash and a clarins cleanser which are dead handy for when i am travelling with work and only have hand luggage :)

http://www.harveynichols.com/hnedit/2014/03/12/beauty-gift-with-purchase/

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

I'm on holidays in France-so...I was in Sephora today!

Bought the Guerlain Meteorites in light (Clair); an UD lipstick in Rush, a sephora makeup sponge, rouge infusion ink in magenta and rouge shine in loveable (glossy).

I managed to stay out of Kiko, since I dropped a little over €100!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Where's the best place to buy muslin cloths?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

just ordered the naked 2 palette from feel unique, it has 10% off for your favorite brand or something, and an additional 5% off this week so got it for less than £32! Also got a st tropez tanning set as it was half price
    http://m.feelunique.com/p/St-Tropez-Top-to-Toe-Bundle
    That's the end of my shopping splurges for this month I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Where's the best place to buy muslin cloths?

Try the baby section in Tesco. They do something like 10 large squares for €10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Ive been using kiehls mightnight recovery for 3 weeks now and ive noticed a huge difference in my skin. Its really plump every morning and not as dry. The only downside ive noticed is the lavander in the oil makes me have very weird dreams:)

How much of it do you use? It recommends like 3 or something on the bottle but that feels like nothing! Want to go back to it but I'm not really sure if I'm using it properly or not!

Advertisement