Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sunnyview

Sheela wrote: »
    Try the baby section in Tesco. They do something like 10 large squares for €10.

That's where I got mine they always have them in stock. I then cut the clothes into 4 so for the price it's great value!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Chiquitita

Decided last weekend that I needed more brow definition so I purchased this. Going to try it out tonight.....nervous! :eek:http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/medias/sys_master/8802078457886.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Chiquitita wrote: »
    Decided last weekend that I needed more brow definition so I purchased this. Going to try it out tonight.....nervous! :eek:http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/medias/sys_master/8802078457886.jpg
    Wanted to try this, can you let ne know. Couldn't of justified the money without trying it

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Chiquitita wrote: »
    I like it but think the maybelline one would be just as good. I don't think it's as amazing as they claim but it is good. I'll get the maybelline next time just to compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Is there anywhere in clare or limerick that sells Kiehls stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

I have the maybelline one and find it good. Thought I'd need the blonde one as I'm pretty fair, but the light brown is better. My sister likes the blonde one though. Tried the benefit one before, honestly didn't see any difference between them except the price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Just wondering if anyone knows whether Boots are selling the Revlon Colourburst Matte Balms? They're on the UK site but not the Irish one, and I was hoping to work some 3 for 2 magic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows whether Boots are selling the Revlon Colourburst Matte Balms? They're on the UK site but not the Irish one, and I was hoping to work some 3 for 2 magic :)

Yes they do...I picked up one and find it amazing, colour wise and staying power!:)

Yes they do...I picked up one and find it amazing, colour wise and staying power!:)

Lovely thank you!

I'll be broke but at least I'll have vibrant lips :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Is the 3 for 2 still on!? I thought it ended!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Novella wrote: »
    Is the 3 for 2 still on!? I thought it ended!

Yeah it ended last Tuesday :)

Crapsticks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Crapsticks :pac:
    It's 3 for 2 within the brand just not mix and match.

The Revlon ones do look great.

It's 3 for 2 within the brand just not mix and match.

The Revlon ones do look great.

Aaah! Well then it only makes sense to buy three of them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Chiquitita

javagal wrote: »
    Wanted to try this, can you let ne know. Couldn't of justified the money without trying it

Hey, I have to say I like it although i've never tried anything else so cant compare. If anything the light shade is probably a bit too dark if you've got really fair brows.

Well I didn't get the Revlon Matte Balms because, between the Boots in Stephens Green and Grafton Street, I couldn't find one that hadn't been tampered with. I've half a mind to order them online because it's probably the only way to ensure they're clean.

But I got the Rimmel Stay Matte primer, which looks very promising. And I'm a bit late to the party but I finally got the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. The things it does to my under eye circles are just magic.

Oh and I got the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I really hope it lives up to the hype!

I picked up Elle Magazine today for the free Percy and Reed wonderbalm. I hope it's good, I've tried some of their stuff before and found them to be excellent so hopefully this is just as good.

http://www.elleuk.com/beauty/news/free-percy-reed-wonder-balm-worth-18.50-with-april-elle-world-first-exclusive-hair-product

http://www.percyandreed.com/product/72-perfectly-perfecting-wonder-balm

The magazine is about €5 and the product retails for £18 so if its not great I won't be too disappointed. :p:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Purchased this today

262119.jpg

I have been using bare minerals renew and hydrate eye cream for a couple of years now, its run out and needed something a little cheaper, this was half price, think it was 6.99. Looking forward to see if it makes anysort of difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

I think Boots Time Delay are excellent budget products. Don't think budget can ever live up to high end but I always grab for these when I'm a bit strapped

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Just back from the states today. Here's what I picked up over there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

I'm so jealous. I never make good enough use of Sephora when I go away

It's like American beauty haul 101! Looks amazing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Love the Kat Von D foundation.

Escentual have 1/3 of their French Pharmacy Range until the end of March, so I placed a cheeky payday order :o

Avene Soothing Hydrating Serum, £17 down to £12.75
    avenesothinserm.jpg

Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm, £9.50 down to £6.33
    NuxeReveDeMielPot-600x450.jpg

Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Eau de Toilette 50ml, £50 down to £42.50
    products_1237_862462752q727.jpg

I need to go on a beauty spending ban...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

No7 illuminated make up mirror! Finally :D

Smashbox-
    Fusion softlights in Baked Stardust
    Camera ready concealer- 1
    Brow tech to go- brunette

Mac-
    Brush 187
    Strobe cream
    Studio sculpt foundation- nw15
    Mineralize skinfinish powder- light plus

Benefit-
    Posie tint- poppy pink cheek/lip stain
    Porefessional
    Badgal lash mascara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

The no7 illuminated mirror is brilliant, got it as as a gift from my mam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

lukesmom wrote: »
    The no7 illuminated mirror is brilliant, got it as as a gift from my mam.

I hate when its an orangey light, I need a white one! Ill be giving it a go later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Picked up UD Naked palette, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle, and Archery, Lid Stuff eyeshadows & Supercat liner from Soap & Glory. I have no willpower. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

It's rare that I have literally not one good thing to say about a beauty product, but OH MY GOD this is the worst tan I have ever bought and I've tried a lot.

This was on sale in Supervalu for €2 (shoulda known :rolleyes:) and never tried a mist spray tan before (except professionally which have always been brill). It claims "streak free, even coverage", it couldn't have been further from the truth.

I've been spray tanned before so knew I needed a bit of space to try this so did it in my kitchen (even though it says bathroom).My bathroom is all white so I'm very glad I didn't do it there. Sprayed away (it's very light) and let it dry. Woke up the next morning to the patchiest, worst tan I've ever seen with what looked like the Turin Shroud on my kitchen floor (slight exaggeration but you get the gist).

1/10....1 point for the fact it was only €2. Horrendous!!! :eek::eek:

10766079-1363015371-326733.jpg

• Advertisement

Picked these up recently.

Phytorelax Olio Di Argan Body Scrub

811QxEYN6JL._SY450_.jpg

Love the scrub, but the tub isn't great, half of the scrub leaked out/ Paid €8.99 for it so not impressed. Not sure if I'd buy it again considering the packaging isn't secure.

Argan Oil Serum - €4.99 - hope it is good.

esoidk.jpg

Nip & Fab dry leg fix

Nip-Fab-Dry-Leg-Fix-1558.jpg

From Boots

No.7 Blissful Body Was - love this.

2271878?$detail$

No.7 Dry Oil Body Spray - amazing stuff and it isn't oily at all, it absorbs into the skin quickly and leaves it soft and silky.

p171288b.jpg

Real Techniques Limited Edition Duo Fibre Set

293hjly.jpg

Real Techniques Starter Set

2413rs8.jpg

Real Techniques Core Collection

azifc6.jpg

Maybelline lipstick in Coral Tonic

10nvtyg.jpg

Revlon lipgloss in Kiss Me Coral

2d0hx85.jpg

Una Brennan tea tree mask - love this

153lnnp.jpg

Tangle Attck from Dealz - meant to be the same as the more expensive version I think.

jht2xl.jpg

Brown Thomas

MAC Speak Louder - have wanted this for ages but any time I went to get it, it was out of stock, delighted to finally have it.

6nxw90.jpg2hwzl2o.jpg

Got these Garnier Ultimate Blends shampoo and conditioner, they are fab, leave my hair like silk.

fyet8o.jpg

*some of these were birthday presents, and were collected over a number of weeks. Also none of the photos are mine, all are from various blogs/websites/Google Images

Advertisement