Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

booboo88 wrote: »
    not exactly a review, but anyone here use bobbi brown foundation? is it any good and how much is it?
    I use the Natural Finish foundation (this one: http://www.bobbibrown.co.uk/product/5141/7370/Makeup/Face/Foundation/Natural-Finish-Long-Lasting-Foundation-SPF-15/Award-Winner/index.tmpl ), it's around €40 in BTs and Arnotts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

i was looking at this one http://www.bobbibrown.co.uk/products/5141/Makeup/Face/Foundation/index.tmpl?cm_sp=Gnav-_-Makeup-_-Face-Foundation but they seem to have the porcelain shade in natural finish too, 40eur isnt too bad. as im on a wee restriction this month(monthly pay sucks)

i was looking at this one http://www.bobbibrown.co.uk/products/5141/Makeup/Face/Foundation/index.tmpl?cm_sp=Gnav-_-Makeup-_-Face-Foundation but they seem to have the porcelain shade in natural finish too, 40eur isnt too bad. as im on a wee restriction this month(monthly pay sucks)
    Which one were you looking at? There is a few in your link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

not exactly a review, but anyone here use bobbi brown foundation? is it any good and how much is it?

I have the Moisture rich foundation, the Skin foundation, The stick foundation, and the Moisture cream compact. I also use the Creamy concealer and corrector. I'm in my late twenties and my skin is relatively normal but is dryer in winter and slightly oilier in summer. I like a foundation with good coverage that doesn't make my face look caked, lasts all day, and is comfortable to wear. The Skin foundation is my favorite. Good coverage but natural looking, comfortable to wear, easy to take off. This photographs very well too. I work a not very makeup friendly environment generally and it still lasts all day it comes in a pump bottle too which I find much more convenient.

The Moisture rich foundation is nice, again gives good coverage, but I wear this more in winter when my skin is dryer as it slides off the face in summer. I don't think much of the stick foundation or compact to be honest, both look very heavy on the skin. LOVE the creamy concealer and corrector tho, they are brilliant! I think all of the foundations are around 35/40euro here. They last ages tho as a little goes a long way. The new(ish) Lancome Teint Miracle is worth considering also, it is fab, but you need to cleanse thoroughly to remove it. It is wonderful tho.

Which one were you looking at? There is a few in your link.

sorry it would leave me bring up one particuluar one, the second on in on second row

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Went on a spree this week

Loreal 4D Mascara, absolutely rubbish. it was selotaped so couldn't have a look at the brush. If I could I wouldn't have bought it. I have long lashes and it did nothing for me at all. Nightmare to was off too. Will be giving to my sister.

Rimmel Day2Night Mascara - After being disappointed with Loreal this was on offer and I really like it. Use the bigger brush part (two wands come with it) I really like it though. May re-purchase.

No7 Hot Cloth Cleanser. With 7.50 voucher this was about five euro. LOVE IT. Wasn't expecting much but really really like it. Nice to use, nice smell and face very soft and clean. Defo buy again.

No7 stick concealer. with voucher again. Ok. Still haven't found my holy grail concealer (for under eyes) want to try bobbi brown or Laura Mercier but don't want to fork out and not like it.

No 7 loose translucent powder. Again with voucher. Really like it.

Maybeline Dream Matte Mouse blush in berry. Very nice sheen to it.

Bourjois, nail polish in 28. Very wearable nude colour and goes on very well with nice shine.

Botanics eye makeup remover. Think review came from Boards. Really like it. Gets everything off.

Inglot, black gel liner. Not happy with this. Doesn't dry on my lids so creases into my lid and looks stupid. Think its just me though as everyone else says its like a tatoo. Will stick to MAC

Urban Decay Naked Pallette. Really love this BUT too many shimmer, would prefer all matte palette but every colour is wearable.

Bourjois healthy mix foundation, really like this, lovely smell. No 53

Loreal lipstick in Nude, not mad on this. Smells fake plasticy or something.

Catrice lip gloss nude, good value for money and nice shine.

Revlon marker lipstick (sorry can't remember the full name) not a fan. Don't like the sensation of drawing a marker on your lips. Very drying I find but you do get a balm.

ELF Bronzer contour, like this blush and bronzer compact. bit shimmery on the bronzer side but you can rub most of it off.

Ecotools eyeshadow brush, no not a fan, too big and not good for the eyes.

UD eyeshadow brush (free with naked palette) - Crap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

frogstar wrote: »
    Went on a spree this week

Loreal 4D Mascara, absolutely rubbish. it was selotaped so couldn't have a look at the brush. If I could I wouldn't have bought it. I have long lashes and it did nothing for me at all. Nightmare to was off too. Will be giving to my sister.

I bought this recently and I love it. I use a few coats and it makes my lashes look really long and volume-y. It is difficult to get off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Pythia wrote: »
    volume-y. .
    Voluminous maybe? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

five_minute_top.jpg

fresh_start_top.jpg

miracle_top.jpg

Bought these in the 3 for 2 offer Boots currently have running. (£15 for all instead of £20) Excited to start using them, they're suitable for vegetarians & vegans which is why I bought them originally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Bought a few things in Boots at the weekend-I'm dangerous when I go into that shop, I always spend a fortune-but wasn't too bad today as I had a No.7 voucher and points on my card and took advanage of the 3 for 2 offer!

I bought:

No.7 triple protection tinted moisturiser in medium-Its really good, I'm impressed, it goes on easily and feels smooth on my skin. It lasts for most of the day too.

Natural Collections Pressed Powder in Neutral- it seems good, it takes away any shine off my face and helps keep my make-up in place

Natural Collections Sheer Natural Lip Colour in Sheer Castle- Its not great. Its a very pale colour especially compared to the colour guide on the bottom of the lipstick (they had no tester for me to compare it too), although initially that was my choice cos I've never really worn lipsticks before. It does seem to dry out my lips a bit and it doesn't last too long. Wouldn't buy it again, even in a different colour.

Boots essential cleansing lotion and toner (the blue one)- Its good,especially for the price (3euro each), my skin feels nice and smooth after using them. I find they're as good as the clinique range so far and for a fraction of the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Just ran out of Mac Studio Fix Fluid and Mineralise Skinfinish (they lasted over 5 months, using them almost every day, which is pretty good), so I got them both again in the airport for £16 each.

I love them both as a foundation, used Loreal True Match for a few days when I had ran out, and while it was ok, its just nothing like Mac. I use a Mac 187 brush for application and its very easy to just use a small amount.

The only problem with it is if you were buying off the website, when I was looking it up to find out what colour I was using (it had faded on the bottle), the colours on the website look so much paler than they are in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Elf are giving away a free everyday brights eyeshadow palate (32 shades) with all orders over £15. Code: QUICK32

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Does this count?

Never used any before but had to have all 3 for €8 when I seen them!! :p

Excuse my face! No make up and I'm sick! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Following on from the plentiful advice given to me on nude lipstick :D I bought an Essence one, All About Cupcake for something ridiculous like €2.50.

[Embedded Image Removed]

I wanted to try a cheapie to see what the colour was like. It works pretty well, but does wear off quickly so I'd like to get something in a similar colour that stays on all day, and doesn't need reapplication after every cup of coffee.

Also my lips are naturally kind of rosey pink, so to get it to look properly pale pink, I need to brush my lips a bit when putting on foundation (probably a complete no-no :o). I do like the colour though, and you can't go wrong at this price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Can I ask where the Essence range is available in Cork? Have heard great things about it, but can't find any of the products anywhere:(

lindtee wrote: »
    Can I ask where the Essence range is available in Cork? Have heard great things about it, but can't find any of the products anywhere:(

Actually I had that problem too :D I assumed Boots would carry them...no.

Sam McCauley's do, as well as Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Malari wrote: »
    Actually I had that problem too :D I assumed Boots would carry them...no.

Sam McCauley's do, as well as Dunnes.

Thanks for that, will check them out over the weekend:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I picked this up in Dunnes today

Essance eyeliner brush 1.99
    img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=32942900

I also got this lovely in the post today and I am in the middle of applying it :D:D
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRH9IX2zqA-CuGEaHKW4i6r75ezYU4ettzgdXyE0-iDCxdkudCi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I was delighted with my bargain in Faro airport last week. Two full size Maybelline lash stilleto mascaras and a full size eyeliner all for €19 :D

• Advertisement

Had a bit of a spree today in Boots.

No.7 Revitalising Hand Saviour, I paid €7.50 for this as I had a €7.50 voucher, it normally costs €15.

No+7+&+Merino+cool+003.JPG

No.7 Exceptional Definition Mascara (Black). €8, I had another €7.50 voucher to use, think this is normally priced around the €16 euro mark, not sure though.

No7-Exceptional-Definition-Mascara_1121553

'17' Nail varnishes - Wicked, Risky Red and Nail Extra's: Nail Recovery. Rimmel Misty Jade. I can't find pics of these online, I'll try take some myself and get them up.

Essence Nail polish - 76 Cool and the Gang. Picture from Google Images.

IMG_0893.jpg

22 What do U think? Picture from Google.

essence-what-do-u-think.jpg

Got Benefit High Beam and Bene Tint free with Glamour magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

EcoTools-Bamboo-Foundation-Brush1.jpg

Picked this up in boots, 8.99! oing pretty well with it so far :)

boots-stayperfect-vividviolet-2b.gif

Vivid Violet (Google pic but so have it on now and pic is quite accurate) 1.75+ €7.50 voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Bought these in the 3 for 2 offer Boots currently have running. (£15 for all instead of £20) Excited to start using them, they're suitable for vegetarians & vegans which is why I bought them originally.

How have you been getting on with these so far? I've never seen this brand before but I love that it's suitable for veggies and vegans. What skin type do you have.

Ps delighted this thread is back. Thought it had disappeared til I noticed the subforum :)

I picked up a Lacura concealer in the style of Touche Éclat from Aldi. Within a week it was either gone or the click mechanism was broken! Both of which make it bad value, even if it was less than a fiver. I don't have so much to conceal that I used it all up! Pity, because I quite liked the coverage.

Wont let me edit my above post, maybe its too long ago but my pic wouldn't work so here it is again!

photo96f.jpg :D

Urban decay, anyone else use their eyeshadow? I'm after buy a pallete online(couldnt resist) but at 33eur im hoping its worth it

I bought their Naked Palette Pictured and I LOVE it!! Seems expensive but when you have it you'll realise how much you get for the price!

I bought mine recently so its a recent purchase I guess!!! :D

photo106h.jpg

*Picture does not do it justice!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Urban Decay are one of my favourite eyeshadows!!

yay coz I bought gosh eye shadows(roll on ones) as they were a lil bit dearer than normal ones thinking theyd be good, not worth a w**k
    ProductDisplay?parentCategoryId=59001&catalogId=10001&categoryId=59001&langId=-1&productId=147560&storeName=Debenhams.ie&storeId=10052

this is what i bought :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

81129_amethy_prodpage.jpgElf Studio Eyeshadow in Amethyst.
    Much darker in reality.

82443_ROLLOVER.jpgEfl Studio Conditioning Lip Balm in Mellow Melon. I haven't used this yet.

82424_mintylipgloss_prodpage.jpgMinty Lip Gloss in Los Angeles.
    Love this!! Gorgeous minty tasty and feels instantly cooling on lips.

Advertisement