Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Bought the super dry festival kit in the airport - 25 euro for a big water bottle with a carabiner clip and inside was a black mascara, lip crayon, some water activating face wash cloths, a facial spritz and a rescue balm. Also bought a black eyeliner for 8 euro.

The eyeliner is really good its an eyeliner pen and I really like it so far. Im sick of sh*t eye liner pens! Threw out the rimmel one (hated it), loreal ones are meh, catrice one is okay but not great colour and eyeko one dried out quickly on me. I usually use soap and glory and its a good one but it was smudging a bit recently when I wear it working outdoors. So I am hoping this one will do the trick, need to try it while working outside to be sure.

The lip crayon I wasnt expecting to like much as im not a bold lipstick person but its really nice quite subtle and great over lip gloss.

The mascara I am really loving! wasnt expecting much from it but its very good its a proper black black colour and goes on well makes my lashes thicker and longer.

This is the kit:
    http://www.superdry.com/womens/beauty/details/45158/festival-kit

the facial spritz - i just dont get these am I missing something? will it not wreck my make up if I go spraying it on my face during the day? I know its to cool down a hot face but cant imagine me getting much use from it in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Spending many hours browsing Makeup Addiction on reddit has made me really want NYX's Jumbo Pencil in Milk.
    So I went onto their website to investigate... and things got a bit out of control :P

Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (£5):
    tumblr_inline_mh5k38fxvb1qdetvy.jpg

Powder Blush in Peach (£6):
    IMG_4682.jpg

Xtreme Lip Cream in Bonfire (£7): (the middle one)
    XC2.jpg

Eyeshadow in Red Bean Pie (£3):
    img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=41479293
    (google swatches made me do it :p)

Eyeshadow in Matte Turquoise (£3):
    matte+turquoise.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

That Avon mascara is discontinued but you can usually get all their stuff on ebay for reasonable and I think theres an online shop also.

Have had bad luck with Essence and Catrice mascaras - like the twist up eyeliners - great for the old handbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

fussyonion wrote: »
    I was in Penneys and I had a look at their mascaras (Essence) and I was delighted to find a mascara that looked exactly the same!!
    It was called Essence Maximum Length (black and orange package) and it was only €2.49.
    I was thrilled, especially as the Avon one used to cost me €12.50.

I think I'll give Essence a try when I need more makeup :)

I love this mascara! :)

Eta: snap javagal!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Also got the Maybelline colour tattoo eyeshadow in Permanent Taupe.
    http://i61.tinypic.com/2vj2bo9.jpg
    Had to bring this back as unfortunately it had been opened and there was a chunk gone out of the middle of it. :(

I really hate when that happens, its frustrating and irritating. :mad:

• Advertisement

Also got the Maybelline colour tattoo eyeshadow in Permanent Taupe.
    http://i61.tinypic.com/2vj2bo9.jpg
    Had to bring this back as unfortunately it had been opened and there was a chunk gone out of the middle of it and I didn't notice until I went to use it :(

I really hate when that happens, its frustrating and irritating. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Big shout out for this stuff - my skin is amazing since I started using the range (and it's so reasonable)
    ziaja.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Coggles

I just bought the Crown 10 Concealer Palette... I want to use it for contouring. Can't wait!

The 3-for-2 across cosmetics etc in Boots is back and I think you can mix and match across different brands too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

The 3-for-2 across cosmetics etc in Boots is back and I think you can mix and match across different brands too.

Uh oh...

• Advertisement

I got this Champneys Mask in Boots for €3

10126022?wid=280&hei=343&op_sharpen=1

Also picked up this Avene Cleansing mask for €5

avene-cleanance-cleansing-water-dalybeauty.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The Niece

Picked up Bourjois 123 CC Cream and Rouge Edition Velvet in Hot Pepper and Peach Club as part of the 3 for 2 offer in Boots

Not used the lipsticks yet (they're very bright!) but I absolutely love the CC cream - does exactly what it says on the tin for evening out the skintone but still leaves a very natural finish, and very light on the skin - doesn't feel like I've anything on at all so really like wearing during the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

^^ I got the Bourjois CC Cream too and I love it, it sorts out all the redness around my nose and the coverage is decent too. Definitely worth the €14 :)

Today I was really bold, I bought Channel Perfection Lumiere Velvet foundation and MAC Ruby Woo lipstick. Still delighted with myself though :o

http://m.chanel.com/mt/www.chanel.com/en_GB/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Foundations-PERFECTION-LUMI%C3%88RE-VELVET-182521

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/168/310/Lipstick/index.tmpl

Today I was really bold, I bought Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet foundation and MAC Ruby Woo lipstick. Still delighted with myself though :o

http://m.chanel.com/mt/www.chanel.com/en_GB/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Foundations-PERFECTION-LUMI%C3%88RE-VELVET-182521

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/168/310/Lipstick/index.tmpl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I went on a bit of a splurge in Boots at the weekend...

Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm which totally lives up to all the hype

Nip Fab Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Facial Pads and Nip Fab Glycolic Fix Serum - loving these! I have good skin anyway but it has been feeling and looking dull recently, have used these since Friday and already seeing an improvement. I have very sensitive skin so whenever I used a physical exfoliant, no matter how gently, I got big red hot cheeks. After reading one of my favourite beauty bloggers evangelicising about glycolic acid I decided to give it a try and I'm delighted! I always would have thought it would be too harsh on my skin but it's actually less harsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Soft sole is only €10.17 in McCabes in Dundrum!

Picked one up today, dying to try it since hearing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Girls,
    I heard that lancome hypnose is gonna be 10e in debanhams on the 1st may. Can anymore confirm/deny this

javagal wrote: »
    Girls,
    I heard that lancome hypnose is gonna be 10e in debanhams on the 1st may. Can anymore confirm/deny this

Caroline Hirons reckons that's the case in the UK anyway: http://www.carolinehirons.com/2014/04/lancome-hypnose-10-year-anniversary-and.html

Whether it'll translate into €10 here is another story!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

It's true girls got a press release about it last night, any Hypnose mascara will be €10 in Debenhams tomorrow with a saving of €17.50!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Bought the Pop "Buzzing beauty buffer" (which is a vibrating makeup applicator!!) and "face magnet primer" set on Asos as they have a student 25% off unidays code offer at the moment (but was only 20% for beauty items though). It was a complete impulse buy, but reviews for both are very positive. Both are £16 each on Asos, but the set is £16 for the 2 and 20% off makes it £12.80 for the two which is great value if they are as good as the reviews say!

Buy at asos

image1xl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Caroline Hirons reckons that's the case in the UK anyway: http://www.carolinehirons.com/2014/04/lancome-hypnose-10-year-anniversary-and.html

Whether it'll translate into €10 here is another story!

Is this in store only?

Is this in store only?

Nope online too I think, just on 1st May :)

Went onto Asos to buy that buzzing thing( I don't even know what it is), now I have a top, sunglasses and lip balm on the way too.

God dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    It's true girls got a press release about it last night, any Hypnose mascara will be €10 in Debenhams tomorrow with a saving of €17.50!

Fantastic news!!! Although it says 10 sterling and not euro in that article.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

mauzo! wrote: »
    Went onto Asos to buy that buzzing thing

:eek:

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

mauzo! wrote: »
    Went onto Asos to buy that buzzing thing( I don't even know what it is), now I have a top, sunglasses and lip balm on the way too.

God dammit!

Mauzo you're my shopping twin :)

bnagrrl wrote: »
    Mauzo you're my shopping twin :)

Buy ALL the things! :D

Our motto can be 'I don't have it, therefore I need it'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Bought a Hypnose Drama on the Debenhams website as I can't get to an actual store today - I WANT IT NOW!!!

• Advertisement

I got the waterproof Hypnose Doll Eyes; there are hardly any Hypnoses left in stock already!

I also got the Origins Zero Oil Deep Pore Cleanser, seeing as they're doing free delivery on orders over €30 :P

Advertisement