Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

We did a whip around in work to get the free delivery :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

All the stock seems to get gone from the irish website, I ordered from the uk site using parcel motel. It is more expensive but is still a lot less than paying full price.

I also ordered mac strobe cream and illamasqua pigment in hollow also.............

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

molly09 wrote: »
    All the stock seems to get gone from the irish website, I ordered from the uk site using parcel motel. It is more expensive but is still a lot less than paying full price.

I also ordered mac strobe cream and illamasqua pigment in hollow also.............

Its coming up on the Irish one for me? :confused:
    I know its really just a matter of opinion but Im thinking of getting either hypnose or doll eyes for my mother as a little gift but Ive never even tried a lancome mascara before, what one would people recommend or whats the differences between the two?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

deise_girl wrote: »
    Its coming up on the Irish one for me? :confused:
    I know its really just a matter of opinion but Im thinking of getting either hypnose or doll eyes for my mother as a little gift but Ive never even tried a lancome mascara before, what one would people recommend or whats the differences between the two?
    I had the dolls eyes one and didn't like it one bit. It was very wet and would smear and it also made my lashes clumpy.

It got on my brow bone a few times (thanks to it not being dry when I thought it was!) and it was a PITA to get off. It would smear and I would have to get cotton wool and rub the area where it was to make sure and get it all off.

Hypnose is a much much nicer mascara, definitely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

If you girls aren't sold on the Lancome ones I've been trying out the new Bourjois waterproof one and it's a great little everyday mascara and doesn't budge. I cried all the way through Toy Story 3 and it didn't smudge:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

out of stock :(
    I'll never choose a sleep in over a mascara sale again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I got myself 3, for free delivery. Only told my sister at 11 and she's furious at me because it's sold out. I'll have to mail get one as she lives in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I hate Hypnose Mascara. I've tried 3 of them. Wish it was a different Mascara on sale :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Just bought Hypnose Star in Brown on Henry Street. Mainly browns left.

Ordered my mascara online from Debenhams, just checked there now and it was cancelled :( Raging. Wouldn't have bothered ordering if it wasn't for the mascara. Oh well.

Edit:

If anyone is looking to sell either a precious cells or star mascara in BLACK please PM me!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

I've had the waterproof Hypnose Drama for a few months now, don't like it at all. Very clumpy, stuck together spider leg lashes is the only effect I can get from the very awkward wand. Ordered 2 regular hypnose today, hoping it won't be cancelled, would love to see if the regular one is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I've had the waterproof Hypnose Drama for a few months now, don't like it at all. Very clumpy, stuck together spider leg lashes is the only effect I can get from the very awkward wand. Ordered 2 regular hypnose today, hoping it won't be cancelled, would love to see if the regular one is better.

I have tried Hypnose Star before, and while I did like it, it is nowhere near as good as the regular Hypnose. I hope you like it. It's my everyday mascara now, can't be without it. Sadly never thought to stock up when they were on sale today, ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I bought Revlon Colorstay foundation recently in 110 Ivory, and because it was 3 for 2 in Boots I also got my usual foundation, Nearly Naked in case I didn't like the colorstay.. which I've fallen head over heels for and am now cursing myself for buying the Nearly Naked because it's ever so slightly the wrong shade in comparison to the colorstay :pac:

Also picked up an apocolips in Nude Eclipse, which is really nice as well. Lipsticks don't usually wear well on me and fase super quick but there's great staying power and I'm gonna pick up some more shades next pay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

I used to wear the colourstay in ivory too (back when I lived in NZ)... Been wearing Estée Lauder double wear, but tempted to try colour stay again as I want to attempt contouring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

My order from Debenhams was cancelled and I ordered at about 8am yesterday - rage - hope other peoples get fulfilled. Ridiculous!

ams wrote: »
    My order from Debenhams was cancelled and I ordered at about 8am yesterday - rage - hope other peoples get fulfilled. Ridiculous!

Oh no, that's not really fair. Not to sound mellow dramatic but I'll seriously consider boycotting the place if they do this to me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Mine has been dispatched, thankfully. Sorry for anyone whose order was cancelled :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

I bought the 17 tan & glow bronzer and highlighter a few months ago. It's in a long tube with a pump. I don't really know what to compare it to I haven't seen anything like it in the high street that's for sure!
    This product is incredible.
    It is hands down the best highlighter I have. It gives a really dewy and beautiful look to the skin.
    That said it's a very dramatic look. I use it sometimes during daytime but mostly for going out. It brings your makeup from a 'oh you look nice' to 'straight off the runway'
    Maybe this is how all liquid highlighters are but for 8euro it's easily my best find in a long time!
    The 'tan' part of it is also quite nice although I don't notice much of a difference on my slightly fake tanned skin ;) it comes in a pearlescent form aswell for ladies who don't like the bronzer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

They've cancelled my order a few times, takes ages for the refund to come through too. I've stopped buying from them. It was always at some crap time when I was out of foundation or moisturiser and really needed it

paulers06 wrote: »
    They've cancelled my order a few times, takes ages for the refund to come through too. I've stopped buying from them. It was always at some crap time when I was out of foundation or moisturiser and really needed it

I ordered at 00:02 on 1st May and my mascara was cancelled however the rest of my order was shipped. I did ask them to cancel the order or substitute the mascara for another one if they could and unfortunately they couldn't substitute it or stop my order as it had already been dispatched and is going to Parcel Motel so I can't refuse delivery either.

If I'd any idea it'd be cancelled I wouldn't have bothered ordering at all. Would have been cheaper to get the two items over here without the mascara and I wouldn't have had to pay for PM either. Raging.

I've had them cancel orders before and it always takes ages for the refund to come through. I've had to wait up to a month for it at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Mine cancelled too the feckers

Mines dispatched, I wonder why they're honoring some and not others?
    I've ordered from them before, I don't know if that has any bearing?

Mines dispatched, I wonder why they're honoring some and not others?
    I've ordered from them before, I don't know if that has any bearing?
    I doubt ordering previously would have any bearing, I've ordered before too and some have been cancelled and some haven't so I can't imagine it'd make a difference.

I don't think I've been this disappointed over make up in ages lol :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Does it depend on which Hypnose you ordered? I ordered at 9:30 yesterday morning but I got the Doll Eyes one, which doesn't seem to be as popular. I had mine sitting in a basket for a while too, but it still dispatched. Might just be down to stock levels of each particular one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Ugh sickened for you ladies - I'd have been absolutely ragin if mine was cancelled. Luckily for me I'm like Ilyana - mine has dispatched. I ordered the Hypnose Drama Alber Elbaz special edition at 00:30 on the 1st!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Bought the Bobbi Brown cleansing oil about 3 weeks ago and I love it! So easy to use and my face feels so clean after using it.

bobbi-brown-cleansing_oil.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I used Boots.ie for the first time last week & bought Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm:
    clq_6CY4_250.jpg

It's really lovely! My skin feels so clean after using it, and it's the only product I've ever used that gets off every last bit of my mascara & eyeliner. Love it.

Also picked up Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation (with €5 off, I think there was a deal on Vichy products):
    vichy-dermablend-corrective-foundation.jpg

I'm still working with it to figure out a way of applying that suits my skin as I've found it clinging a bit to dry patches. I really need to clean my foundation brushes though so that's probably (one of) the reason(s) it's not applying very well for me at the moment. I really want to love it though as I have acne scarring and red cheeks and it should be the perfect product for covering those. So fingers crossed I can find a way for it to work for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

I recently got Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective also. I got the lightest cover in opal but found it a little too dark for me. It also stuck to my dry patches. I am not going to give up on it though as it has great reviews and great coverage. I will try to lighten the color with other foundation and see how it turns out. I got it to cover acne scarring also, I have quiet a bit of scarring and it seems impossible to get rid off!!
    Hope you get good success with it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

ShazGV wrote: »

Also picked up Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation (with €5 off, I think there was a deal on Vichy products)

I'm still working with it to figure out a way of applying that suits my skin as I've found it clinging a bit to dry patches. I really need to clean my foundation brushes though so that's probably (one of) the reason(s) it's not applying very well for me at the moment. I really want to love it though as I have acne scarring and red cheeks and it should be the perfect product for covering those. So fingers crossed I can find a way for it to work for me. :)
    Definitely try using your fingers its the only way I can use this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

ShazGV wrote: »
    I used Boots.ie for the first time last week & bought Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm:
    clq_6CY4_250.jpg

It's really lovely! My skin feels so clean after using it, and it's the only product I've ever used that gets off every last bit of my mascara & eyeliner. Love it.

Been using this for a week now and I love it!

Advertisement