Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Got the Christian Dior BB cream and I can't say enough good things about it.

It's pricy at around the €45 but it lasts ages, has great coverage without being heavy and has an SPF 30. Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

molly09 wrote: »
    I recently got Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective also. I got the lightest cover in opal but found it a little too dark for me. It also stuck to my dry patches. I am not going to give up on it though as it has great reviews and great coverage. I will try to lighten the color with other foundation and see how it turns out. I got it to cover acne scarring also, I have quiet a bit of scarring and it seems impossible to get rid off!!
    Hope you get good success with it

I use Opal too and find it a little bit too yellow/dark too. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had trouble with it! :)
    Luno wrote: »
    Definitely try using your fingers its the only way I can use this!

I'd usually use brushes so it didn't even occur to me to try using my fingers! Thank you for the advice, I will definitely be trying that next time. :)

ETA: This tip has changed EVERYTHING. Applies so beautifully using my fingers. It's not agreeing too well with my primer so next time will try it without any primer & see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I just bought 4 Liz Earle cleanse and polish for 11.25e each, it's a special anniversary price, and a toner for 16e, because my order was over 60e I also got free shipping, win!

I think they're still this price till tomorrow for anyone that's interested

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I just bought 4 Liz Earle cleanse and polish for 11.25e each, it's a special anniversary price, and a toner for 16e, because my order was over 60e I also got free shipping, win!

I think they're still this price till tomorrow for anyone that's interested

Very interested in the toner - where did you buy them?

Very interested in the toner - where did you buy them?

On the website, lizearle.ie I think, sorry on a phone.

My skin is really sensitive and I think it's lovely, really soothing and brightening. I think the only shop in Ireland it's sold in is Wild and Green in Milltown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

On the website, lizearle.ie I think, sorry on a phone.

My skin is really sensitive and I think it's lovely, really soothing and brightening. I think the only shop in Ireland it's sold in is Wild and Green in Milltown.

I think I saw it for sale in boots Liffey valley :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I think I saw it for sale in boots Liffey valley :)

Boots do stock Liz Earle now. I still order on line because you get free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Physicians Formula is launching in Ireland on June 1st, makes me happy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Novella wrote: »

Oh wow, that's great news!!!!

Where will it be stocked???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

dinemo6 wrote: »
    Oh wow, that's great news!!!!

Where will it be stocked???

I just read that it will be launched in Irish pharmacies. I believe you can call 01 450 7771 (EuroSales International) for exact stockists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Novella wrote: »
    Oh cool. I really want to try the Eye Booster pen eyeliner by them. Hopefully it won't be too expensive.

I'm loving the Wet n Wild triple shadows. Really like Silent Treatment and Walking on Eggshells.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

It's true- Physicians Formula is due to hit larger pharmacies from June 1st! I used to have to order my Physicians Formula bits and pieces on the interweb but will be nice to be able to roll into a pharmacy to pick it up! Pictures of everything that will be available in Ireland are included here : http://totalmakeupaddict.blogspot.ie/2014/05/sneak-peek-physicians-formula-launch.html

and the everything in the range is between €10-20. I swatched a few things the other night at the launch and I am beyond impressed with pretty much all of the powders- finely milled, slightly luminescent, great pigmentation. I've quite the wishlist accumulated already and am counting down the days until June 1st!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

I've ordered Alpha H Liquid Gold, which should arrive in the next few days. Looking forward to using it because I've read great reviews on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭Milly33

For the mid 30's ladies I recently picked up the Gosh roller illuminating cream and tis the job.. got it as a treat for myself and im well impressed defiantly helps with the small lines under the eyes and the roller balls feel refreshing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I've been body brushing for a while and I love it so I decided to go hardcore :D

I got this extra firm body brush from ebay and i'm loving it so far. It is very rough though so definitely not suitable for beginners to body brushing.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301164794233?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I also bought this facial dry brush
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301094905303?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Picked up these for £5 each on feel unique, today's #uniquetreats offer

L'oreal mythic oil
    Cocoa brown 1 hour tan and mitt
    Orofluido Shampoo & Conditioner duo

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Today in boots I bought wow skin tan liquid glow by the brand seventeen, think it was around the six euro mark. The stuff is fab, it's like the lustre drops from mac but a fraction of the price. Wouldn't normally buy from that brand but couldn't leave it behind and as so happy with it I thought I'd mention it here!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Usually a cheap waterproof mascara devotee but got talked into Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Waterproof. Major waste of money - extreme clumping, sumptuously smudgy :(
    Think I'll stick to my trusty Barry M waterproof in future!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Am trying to get rid of the hard skin on my feet and have been keeping an eye out for the purederm foot masks around Cork but haven't seen them. But I just ordered 3 packs from www.carapharmacy.ie (3.60 each)

20131116-102749.jpg

Also got these. Worth a try at €1.29 each
    1000x1000.jpg1363336074.jpg

And replacement files for my Scholl Velvet smooth express pedi thingy (which has not impressed me so far to be honest) These were €6.50 which is the best price I have seen.

Also got Retinol reface in boots this morning, down to a tenner in the reduced to clear section.

Retinol-Resurface.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

dee_mc wrote: »
    Usually a cheap waterproof mascara devotee but got talked into Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Waterproof. Major waste of money - extreme clumping, sumptuously smudgy :(
    I got a sample in a goodie bag, but it definitely isn't a goodie - absolute utter crap 😒

I end using Clinique double fix or I end up looking like a panda...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

on_my_oe wrote: »
    I got a sample in a goodie bag, but it definitely isn't a goodie - absolute utter crap 😒

I end using Clinique double fix or I end up looking like a panda...

Girls the new Bourjois 1 Seconde waterproof mascara is great, give it a whirl!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

lindtee wrote: »
    Am trying to get rid of the hard skin on my feet and have been keeping an eye out for the purederm foot masks around Cork but haven't seen them. But I just ordered 3 packs from www.carapharmacy.ie (3.60 each)

And replacement files for my Scholl Velvet smooth express pedi thingy (which has not impressed me so far to be honest) These were €6.50 which is the best price I have seen.

Also got Retinol reface in boots this morning, down to a tenner in the reduced to clear section.

Retinol-Resurface.jpg

Just got some of those foot masks have heard great things about them. Have you tired them before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

my local chemist got a big nyx stand last week :D had a bit of a binge bought the concealer (meh), the propel my eyes mascara (nice but not as nice as their doll eyes volume mascara which was sold out), two eye colour pencils (lovely) and two lip butters in creme brulee and tiramiu (love these!)

my local chemist got a big nyx stand last week :D had a bit of a binge bought the concealer (meh), the propel my eyes mascara (nice but not as nice as their doll eyes volume mascara which was sold out), two eye colour pencils (lovely) and two lip butters in creme brulee and tiramiu (love these!)

Where is your chemist?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭Milly33

lindtee wrote: »

20131116-102749.jpg

Also got these. Worth a try at €1.29 each
    1000x1000.jpg1363336074.jpg

Retinol-Resurface.jpg

The foot masks are the job remember to use them around 2weeks before you are going anywhere if you are. otherwise it looks like you have peeling feet.. If you cant find them in Pennys keep an eye out in the pound shops like the one in Douglas Court they had the tea tree ones do the same thing, if they don't have them there phelans pharamacy in douglas had them too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Milly33 wrote: »
    The foot masks are the job remember to use them around 2weeks before you are going anywhere if you are. otherwise it looks like you have peeling feet.. If you cant find them in Pennys keep an eye out in the pound shops like the one in Douglas Court they had the tea tree ones do the same thing, if they don't have them there phelans pharamacy in douglas had them too

Thanks. Will have a look next time I am in Douglas. Tried some that I got in Dealz but they only moisturised and didn't have a peeling effect:( I've neglected my feet for far too long and am sick of hiding them so hopefully the foot masks will work for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

I was wondering when nyx was coming here! I had heard back in jan that it was April/May but heard nothing more! What pharmacy chain and where?? I need!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I've recently been using the LRP effaclar face wash along side my effaclar duo and all I can say about the combination is wow.
    I really loved the cleanser I had been using previous (angels on bare skin from lush) but I just find my skin so soft, hydrated and glowy now.
    Like I really loved the duo by itself but with the cleanser as well its definitely become my holy grail go to for skincare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

deise_girl wrote: »
    I've recently been using the LRP effaclar face wash along side my effaclar duo and all I can say about the combination is wow.
    I really loved the cleanser I had been using previous (angels on bare skin from lush) but I just find my skin so soft, hydrated and glowy now.
    Like I really loved the duo by itself but with the cleanser as well its definitely become my holy grail go to for skincare.

Is that the gel wash in the big white tube? I have it at home but never really gave it a chance, maybe I should!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

deise_girl wrote: »

I'd be careful about using this too much though... I know caroline hirons definitely recommends that you shouldn't really use it unless very oily/acne skin

Advertisement