Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Is that the gel wash in the big white tube? I have it at home but never really gave it a chance, maybe I should!
    Yep thats the one :)
    augusta24 wrote: »
    I'd be careful about using this too much though... I know caroline hirons definitely recommends that you shouldn't really use it unless very oily/acne skin

Really? I hadnt heard that before. Now I do use a moisturiser as well as these two in the morning but ive been going with this for perhaps a month now and I havnt noticed dry patches or redness!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

deise_girl wrote: »
    Yep thats the one :)

Really? I hadnt heard that before. Now I do use a moisturiser as well as these two in the morning but ive been going with this for perhaps a month now and I havnt noticed dry patches or redness!

Yeah I've edge finitely read that on her blog before... But if you're finding it suits your skin then stick with it... I'm a believer in sticking with what works! Bent maybe just keep an eye out in case you start to notice it getting dry/dehydrated :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Clinique cc cream by far the BEST product I've used in a long time

9EC6EA28-F78F-442F-A424-33C7AA42F7A1.jpg

Clinique high impact mascara love it makes me look like I'm wearing false lashes

95BB8041-4009-457C-BE76-008C5E1F3CC4.jpg

Clinique pink chocolate quad - love it

479C8238-FD30-4270-BBBF-5791CDB6E9E1.jpg

Essence sun club giant bronzer - very impressed

58D7E34C-EF89-4796-AD43-2308097CF034.jpg

Rimmel bb tan and mitt - haven't used it yet

B3DB3AD4-C892-4BA4-ACA6-569341498431.jpg

Catrice lip balm in 'another pink panther'
    Love this light pink shade

3591488E-0855-489C-BF5F-DDD273D5893F.png

And here's a photo wearing all the above bar the rimmel tan

8882A1B5-3752-47BB-8030-754413EAEC36.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Has anyone bought the new No7 serum yet which was launched at the weekend and if so what is it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Bought these rouge pots from Bobbi Brown. Absolutely love them. Can be used on lips and cheeks.

Fresh Melon

IMG_1000007137.jpg

Powder Pink

P1060689.JPG

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Tonic

get-the-gloss-christa-d-souza-bobbi-brown-hyrdrating-face-tonic.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Oops sorry about the crazy large sized pictures! I thought I had resized them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I'm obsessed with the Sugar Crush range from Soap & Glory so as soon as I read about their new body range Orangeasm (which is meant to be amazing) I was all over Boots, there's a 3 for 2 so I ordered one body butter and two of the matching fragrances. If only they'd bring out a spray to match the Sugar Crush range too I'd be in heaven! I'll be keeping an eye out for the postie all week now!

orangeasm_bodybutter.jpg

orangeasm_super_tonic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

I just ran out if my S&G sugar crush scrub this morning so think it will pick up that new orange one during the week. Love citrus fragrances for summer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I treated myself to this and a butterball bath bomb from Lush the other day

67-Bubblegum-resized.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Just an update on my dry facial brush, it is amazing, I always look after my skin but it has never been so even toned. :)

I also bought this Herbal essences classic shampoo and I LOVE it, I had a hair disaster after trying to wash my hair with baking soda and thought I would never get my hair to feel right again but this left it feeling great.

036089.jpg?v=2

It's a pity they didn't also bring back the classic clarifying shampoo because I find the new one to be rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Treated myself to this at the airport. I had planned on getting the Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess but found it a bit too coconutty for me!

ELIE-SAAB-LE-PARFUM-LEAU-COUTURE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Considering getting the Smashbox full exposure palette, does anyone here have it, and it is good?

I have the original naked palette but have hit pan on some shadows, and wouldn't mind a back up of another palette as they are so handy, esp for going away.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Considering getting the Smashbox full exposure palette, does anyone here have it, and it is good?

I have the original naked palette but have hit pan on some shadows, and wouldn't mind a back up of another palette as they are so handy, esp for going away.

I have it and quite like it ... I use all the shadows in it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Picked up a bunch of stuff from Liz Early today. They have an offer for their hot cloth cleanser, toner, moisturiser and foundation for €49 with free delivery. I've been meaning to try the cleanser for a while and the price was so reasonable I figured I'd just pick up the other stuff too. With just the cleanser alone and delivery on top it wouldn't have been far off that price anyway. The foundation will almost definitely be the wrong shade for my skin, but it came free with it so no harm. Looking forward to trying it all :)

may-essentials-2014-ie.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

tZUAErg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Starting a new job soon and have already blown some of my pay cheque :D

tumblr_inline_mo3uwhT5cI1qz4rgp.jpg

LOU01_2B12-300x300.jpg

At least I now have a tenner on my Debenhams card :o

Used this for the first time last night. It's like Vanish carpet cleaner for a face full of makeup. Smeared it on, massaged it around and then wiped it off with a load of cotton wool (still have yet to buy a muslin cloth) and it took every last bit of makeup off in one application. And it's super cheap (about 4 euro in Boots at the moment).

ponds_cold_cream_cleanser_softening_cream32717.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

I want to try that Naked foundation, it has great reviews.

I may have been bad myself lately. :D
    Got the MAC pro palette that holds 15 shadows and picked up 8 shadows to go into it. I had never used MAC shadows before but so far they seem such good quality and I'm really liking them.

Trying out a load of NYX stuff and think this will be my new go to brand for a while, loving the lip butter, blush, kohl kajal liner (it's as black as perversion from UD) and now want the setting sprays, all the lip butters and their primers!

They're in pharmacies nationwide now girls!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Trying out a load of NYX stuff and think this will be my new go to brand for a while, loving the lip butter, blush, kohl kajal liner (it's as black as perversion from UD) and now want the setting sprays, all the lip butters and their primers!

Any one caught a glimpse of a NYX stand anywhere in Limerick?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

SmokeyEyes wrote: »

Anyone seen any in dublin? Heard they're in shaws pharmacies and mulligans pharmacies but I don't think there's any of them in dublin!! Gah need to get my fix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Havens Pharmacies sell NYX

http://havenpharmacy.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Anyone know where NYX is sold in Cork?

I'm posting about NYX tomorrow and have said at the end that anyone who discovers a branch needs to leave the location in the comments so if and when someone does I'll update here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Same for Laois/Kildare!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

javagal wrote: »
    Same for Laois/Kildare!

Available in Shaws Athy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Available in Shaws Athy :)

Then it's prob in portlaoise too, yay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Picked up one of the Seventeen Stay Pout lippies in boots the other day and its love - they are really long lasting without wearing off funny - definitely going to go back for more!

http://www.boots.ie/en/SEVENTEEN-Stay-Pout-Lipstick_1395217/

the shade I got was Make an Entrance which is a fab summery orangey red shade.

Some of the shades did seem quite shimmery though which is a pity

Havens Pharmacies sell NYX

http://havenpharmacy.ie/

Can I ask which pharmacy you found it in? I tried Dundrum, Stillorgan, Dun Laoghaire, Leopardstown, Rathfarnham and Beacon today with no luck! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Can I ask which pharmacy you found it in? I tried Dundrum, Stillorgan, Dun Laoghaire, Leopardstown, Rathfarnham and Beacon today with no luck! :(

That's determination right there ;)

• Advertisement

kandr10 wrote: »
    That's determination right there ;)

Tell me about it, growing increasingly more frustrated by the day! Cannot quite believe there is not one stockist in the whole of Dublin yet. Do I really have to travel to Meath or Kildare to satisfy my curiosity?!

My impatience just goes to show how much I LOVE the brand and the products!

If someone spots a stand in Dublin, please let me know before I burst!

Advertisement