Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Picked up a bunch of stuff from Liz Early today. They have an offer for their hot cloth cleanser, toner, moisturiser and foundation for €49 with free delivery. I've been meaning to try the cleanser for a while and the price was so reasonable I figured I'd just pick up the other stuff too. With just the cleanser alone and delivery on top it wouldn't have been far off that price anyway. The foundation will almost definitely be the wrong shade for my skin, but it came free with it so no harm. Looking forward to trying it all :)

may-essentials-2014-ie.jpg

Been using this for a few days now. I'm really impressed with the cleanser, it really does live up the the hype. Leaves my skin feeling really clean but without being at all harsh and doesn't leave a heavy oily feeling on my skin like most cream cleansers I've tried.

The toner is nice and refreshing and very mild. I started using all 3 products at the same time so it's hard to attribute any improvements to one particular product. I probably should have started using them one at a time, but I'm impatient :D

Not 100% sure about the moisturiser. I got the one for normal skin and it feels a little bit greasy on the skin for about 15 or so minutes after applying it. Once it's absorbed my skin feels lovely tho. It also has no SFP. I'm gonna try it for another week or two and if I don't get used to it I might just make it a night time only moisturiser.

I don't rate the skin tint at all. It was slightly the wrong colour for me which I was kind of expecting, but that didn't actually make a difference because once it was applied you couldn't see it at all. It doesn't smooth out skin tone or even slightly cover imperfections it was just invisible so I don't really see the point of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Been using this for a few days now. I'm really impressed with the cleanser, it really does live up the the hype. Leaves my skin feeling really clean but without being at all harsh and doesn't leave a heavy oily feeling on my skin like most cream cleansers I've tried.

The toner is nice and refreshing and very mild. I started using all 3 products at the same time so it's hard to attribute any improvements to one particular product. I probably should have started using them one at a time, but I'm impatient :D

Not 100% sure about the moisturiser. I got the one for normal skin and it feels a little bit greasy on the skin for about 15 or so minutes after applying it. Once it's absorbed my skin feels lovely tho. It also has no SFP. I'm gonna try it for another week or two and if I don't get used to it I might just make it a night time only moisturiser.

I don't rate the skin tint at all. It was slightly the wrong colour for me which I was kind of expecting, but that didn't actually make a difference because once it was applied you couldn't see it at all. It doesn't smooth out skin tone or even slightly cover imperfections it was just invisible so I don't really see the point of it.

I completely agree, I use the moisturiser at night and it's perfect for that cleanser and toner twice a day, been using it for three years now, every time I stray I regret it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Have heard on the grapevine Northwood Santry pharmacy has an NYX stand, I'm gonna pop up tomorrow to check!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

the pharmacy in sallins beside super valu has nyx (think its called mangans?)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Received some pressies from a make up artist friend.....

MAC Mineralize eyeshadow in Aurora, Lipsticks in Lush Life (dark) and Morning Rose (light), lip glass in Liquid Passion.
    14157825997_9afd843cfd.jpg

MAC paint pots in Indianwood and Let's Skate!
    14159145158_00baa3cb14.jpg

Bobbi Brown Brightening Finishing Powder in bronze Glow and Shimmer Brick in Nectar
    14364505053_3d790f7692.jpg

And I got these myself in my local chemist
    14157727020_d2ca3b7449.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

The chemist in portlaoise in dunnes has nyx. I was very excited by it all!!!

If you girls discover any more stockists let me know I'm trying to list them in my post, seems like they're tough to find though!!

Going to get the dewy spray in Northwood tomorrow if I can!:D

In other beauty news to send us into the red, Stila are coming to Sam McCauley chemists!! Not sure my bank balance is up to all this!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Anyone know where Physicians Formula is stocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

SmokeyEyes wrote: »

Thanks Smokeyeyes!

For some reason I can only see the chemist name and not location?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

I just bought this and I can't wait to try it out
    its soo matt and red and matt ooooooooooh
    2_2276_s.jpg
    2_2275_s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

lil'bug wrote: »
    I just bought this and I can't wait to try it out
    its soo matt and red and matt ooooooooooh
    2_2276_s.jpg
    2_2275_s.jpg

Have been eyeing up Limecrime for a while now.... where did you buy it from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

None in my town, typical! I better plan a trip to Dublin, so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

dinemo6 wrote: »
    Have been eyeing up Limecrime for a while now.... where did you buy it from?
    http://www.cocktailcosmetics.co.uk/prod/lime-crime-red-velvet-velvetine-lip-colour

£4.50 for postage but it was the only place I spotted it
    the sell sugar pill as well

What are my nyx must haves ladies.

Ilyana, pm if you would like some stuff posted to you!

javagal wrote: »
    What are my nyx must haves ladies.

Ilyana, pm if you would like some stuff posted to you!

You're as good, thank you :)

Two of the stockists are in towns near me, but not near enough. But where there's a will ;)

I'm going to be raffling off two sets of goodies on the blog soon, hope that's ok to say, not up yet so not advertising it just saying for girls who won't have access to a store.

As far as must haves, the butter glosses are great, I definitely want to try the dewy face spray although have read a lot of conflicting reviews, same with pore primer which some adore and some don't. Blushes are really nice for the price and saw a lot of people mentioning the wonder pencil as being really good! Everyone loves the jumbo eye pencils too, I loved the one I tried but it did crease on me in the heat so you'll need a primer or better application skills than I have! What I really adored was the kajal black liner, really soft and really black, will smudge if you rub it but it looks as black as UD Perversion on my lids which is my fav liner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

The butter glosses are amazing, would definately recommend those.

doll eyes mascara in the volume variety (it comes in length, volume or waterproof) is amazing. propel my eyes mascara is good but not as good as the other one.

love the jumbo eye pencils too

the bronzers are very nice but watch out some are very shimmer/glitter.

concealer is pretty good too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Picked up the below for €15 in Boots today
    microdelivery-peel.jpg
    It actually retails in boots for €75:eek: Found it in the Clearance section marked down Reviews seem to be good online.

Got 2 Elizabeth Arden brushes a few weeks ago from boots online (they were €9 each and due to a glitch online I got the 2 free gifts below (the gifts were only supposed to be with skincare)
    elizabeth-arden-rose-aurora-springsummer-2012-L-DXjBOk.jpeg

elizabeth_arden_prevage_deluxe_gift_c9094.jpg
    Elizabeth-Arden-Beauty-Bag-Gift.jpeg
    (Sorry for the smallness of this, contains :30ml Eight Hour Cream Intensive Moisturizing Hand Treatment, 50ml Visible Difference Skin Balancing Exfoliating Cleanse, 5ml Prevage Anti-Aging Intensive Repair Daily Serum, 2.2g Beautiful Color Eyeshadows quad – Cool)
    Not bad for €18 the lot:cool:

lindtee wrote: »
    Picked up the below for €15 in Boots today
    microdelivery-peel.jpg
    It actually retails in boots for €75:eek: Found it in the Clearance section marked down Reviews seem to be good online.

Got 2 Elizabeth Arden brushes a few weeks ago from boots online (they were €9 each and due to a glitch online I got the 2 free gifts below (the gifts were only supposed to be with skincare)
    elizabeth-arden-rose-aurora-springsummer-2012-L-DXjBOk.jpeg

elizabeth_arden_prevage_deluxe_gift_c9094.jpg
    Elizabeth-Arden-Beauty-Bag-Gift.jpeg
    (Sorry for the smallness of this, contains :30ml Eight Hour Cream Intensive Moisturizing Hand Treatment, 50ml Visible Difference Skin Balancing Exfoliating Cleanse, 5ml Prevage Anti-Aging Intensive Repair Daily Serum, 2.2g Beautiful Color Eyeshadows quad – Cool)
    Not bad for €18 the lot:cool:

Omg, I hate you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I have that Microdelivery peel - its the biz - I got it in TK Maxx for 25e - nearly died when I saw the price in Boots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Tries the Nars tinted moisturiser today in the shade Alaska. It's absolutely perfect, it's got the whole 'it's my skin but better ' thing going on. It feels lovely on aswell.
    Well impressed.

Tries the Nars tinted moisturiser today in the shade Alaska. It's absolutely perfect, it's got the whole 'it's my skin but better ' thing going on. It feels lovely on aswell.
    Well impressed.

I've been really interested in that actually; does it last well during the day?

I went a bit nuts today, but I've been good lately so it's justified..ish!

Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner €31

clarins-gentle-exfoliator-brightening-toner.jpg
    http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123104815399_-1

And with that I got samples of the Cleansing Milk for oily/combo skin, the Multi Active Night Youth Recovery Cream and the Gentle Day Cream.

Benefit Hoola Bronzer, €30.60 (10% off)

8799906332702.jpg
    http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123901926299_-1

And two big tubs of coconut oil from Tesco. It's cleansing like I've never known it!

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I've been really interested in that actually; does it last well during the day?

I've only worn it today but so far it's lasted really well. Can see me ditching foundation for the summer for this instead.

I've only worn it today but so far it's lasted really well. Can see me ditching foundation for the summer for this instead.

I actually have a ranty post written about this in the pipeline, loved the product but found the shade match really orange for my skin, not Alaska like at all!

Yeah I'm looking for a lighter base for summertime, I'll look into this!
    I actually have a ranty post written about this in the pipeline, loved the product but found the shade match really orange for my skin, not Alaska like at all!

That is sooo irritating; I find that NARS bases tend to oxidise quite a bit too. Not ideal if you're already on the pale side of things.

I've a bit of colour on my face at the moment unlike my usual pale self so Alaska is a perfect match. Really pleased with it.
    There is a lighter shade I think, not sure what it's called though.

I've a bit of colour on my face at the moment unlike my usual pale self so Alaska is a perfect match. Really pleased with it.
    There is a lighter shade I think, not sure what it's called though.

Well delighted it works for you:D Finland is the lightest shade I'll have to opt for that next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

ams wrote: »
    I have that Microdelivery peel - its the biz - I got it in TK Maxx for 25e - nearly died when I saw the price in Boots!

Used it last night and was amazed at how my skin felt afterwards. Really smooth and plumped. Delighted I got it. If only it wasn't so expensive usually. Will keep an eye out in TK Maxx for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I've just come across a kiko store in Spain. Anyone have any recommendations?

Advertisement