Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

kandr10 wrote: »
    I've just come across a kiko store in Spain. Anyone have any recommendations?

I like the Ultra Glossy Stylo Lipsticks, the lipliners and the nail polish. I think the bronzers are decent too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

kandr10 wrote: »
    I've just come across a kiko store in Spain. Anyone have any recommendations?

Most of their products are amazing! Nail polish is definitely something to stock up on given the price and quality. They do a decent pencil liner (Automated Precision) which is twist up and very similar to Urban Decay 24/7 liners but about 1/3 of the price, it doesn't budge when you put it on. I haven't tried the black but I do like one of the browns.

The do some decent skin care and brushes too, so it may be worth trying a few bits. I think their facial sun protection has gotten some good reviews. I have combination oily skin and loved the Mat Fluid. It was a sad day when it ran out. The exfoliating face wipes (Scrub and Peel I think) were good as well.

Also, the new EU site ships to Ireland for anyone here wanting to order some bits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Thanks so much! Can't get over the price of stuff. Excited to try the shadow sticks and shadows. Nail Polish looks amazing! So hard to choose!!

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

God damn it. Was in their store in Bordeaux yesterday. Everything was so cheap so wrote it off as crap and walked out. Must see if I get get back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

paulers06 wrote: »
    God damn it. Was in their store in Bordeaux yesterday. Everything was so cheap so wrote it off as crap and walked out. Must see if I get get back

Kiko is faaar from crap, hopefully you get to revisit the store soon :)

I've discovered that there's a Kiko in the town where I'll be on holidays next month. I'm even more excited now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I've been using the Max Factor CC Sticks for under eye circles and redness for a few weeks now. I really like the one for under eyes, it definitely neutralises the purple tones I have there! I also find it handy when I'm in a rush to run over my eyelids if I'm just popping on some BB cream at work. The one for redness is green but goes on a bit grey, but I've heard this is common with green concealers? It does work, but don't think it's amazing.

I've run out of my REN rose micellar water, so sad! It's a little too pricey for me at the moment to repurchase unfortunately. In the meantime I've replaced it with the Garnier micellar water, big bottle for €5, but not as good :( I don't think it removes make up as well as the REN. Better start saving my pennies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Twee. wrote: »
    I've run out of my REN rose micellar water, so sad! It's a little too pricey for me at the moment to repurchase unfortunately. In the meantime I've replaced it with the Garnier micellar water, big bottle for €5, but not as good :( I don't think it removes make up as well as the REN. Better start saving my pennies!

The L'oreal micellar water is my favourite, it's miles better than the Garnier one and it's in the same price range. I haven't tried the REN one tho so I can't say if it's as good as it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Has anyone tried hydraluron? Have heard great things about it. Also what is the correct way to use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

anna080 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried hydraluron? Have heard great things about it. Also what is the correct way to use it?

You wear it under your moisturiser- it's not supposed to work unless you use a water based moisturiser on top.
    I have it and I really don't know if it did anything for my skin... I didn't give it a proper go though so I keep meaning to try it again and wear it regularly to check!
    Reviews online are very good though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

lil'bug wrote: »
    I just bought this and I can't wait to try it out
    its soo matt and red and matt ooooooooooh

got this in the post today and I love it such a beautiful red
    the colour lasts for ages hardly any transfer and it doesn't feel too dry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Picked up a few of the Revlon shadowlinks today and I'm in love with them. They're little individual eyeshadows that link together to create a mix-n-match palette. Only €3.99 each so not too pricey either!

revlon-links_300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

lil'bug wrote: »
    got this in the post today and I love it such a beautiful red
    the colour lasts for ages hardly any transfer and it doesn't feel too dry

Hi there,

What is the return policy on the Lime Crime lipsticks? What if you order it and aren't happy with the colour?

Looks fab, I'm interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

cactusgal wrote: »
    Hi there,

What is the return policy on the Lime Crime lipsticks? What if you order it and aren't happy with the colour?

Looks fab, I'm interested!

this is the returns policy from where I bought it http://www.cocktailcosmetics.co.uk/57/returns

I wore the lipstain all day today with very little wear the colour stayed so well even after I ate and drank I didn't touch it up at all it didn't even feel like I had lipstick on I love it
    I might post a picture some time when I am feeling a bit brave :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

anna080 wrote: »

I've tried it. It's quite good. It definitely stopped all of my dry patches (I've combination-oily dehydrated skin). But on a student budget, I'd only pick it up on offer during winter. Can't afford the extra 30 quid every 3 months.

It's one of those products where you only realise how much it's done for you skin when you run out or stop using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

This stuff is amazing!

http://www.bourjois.co.uk/catalog/make_up/complexion/foundation/bb_bronzing_cream_8_in_1

I bought it last year and didnt use it much so I dug it out recently. Its good really nice coverage so I have started using it instead of foundation with just a bit of bronzer and blush over it. I;ve never had so many compliments on my skin! People keep asking if I have been away and saying how it gives such a lovely natural colour on me. I;ll be buying another bottle of it!

I am also loving a product i got in a prize hamper - la roche posay reconstructing cream - this stuff is incredible for when my skins been out all day in the weather and its dry and a bit awful looking - it really works wonders so I;ve been using it at night instead of my night cream!

Bought this stuff on the weekend and I am well impressed. I can;t afford (the time or the money at the moment) to go to the hair dresser so my hair was looking a bit faded and in need of a good chop - the ends were feeling beyond fixing.

Threw on botanics semi permanent colour which always gives a great shine. Then used this stuff John Frieda full repair hydrate and rescue treatment and oh my god its fixed my hair - can;t believe how well it worked! :D the ends of my hair look so much healthier and are not dry anymore. well impressed. Now in saying that I tried the shampoo - full repair shampoo this morning and im not as impressed with that as it was a bit heavy for my hair which can tend to get greasy easily.

http://www.johnfrieda.com/en-US/ProductDetail/Hair-Care/Full-Repair/hydrate-rescue-Deep-Conditioner

have been using pureology shampoo recently as I had a half bottle from years ago that I had forgotten about - its the volume one and have found it brilliant so i will definately buy more. I was loving the headmasters volume shampoo but sadly tesco no longer seem to stock it. I've very fine hair and its hard to get something to give it volume without it being either frizz or lank.

http://www.lookfantastic.com/pureology-pure-volume-shampoo-250ml/10451623.html?affil=thgppc&gclid=CNHi3Mu39L4CFa3LtAodRm0AKA

By contrast I tried the loreal elvive full restore and fibrology stuff - the full revive intensive conditioner and the fibrology thickener stuff and found it useless - the fibrology stuff just made my hair greasy within a day and the intense conditioner didnt do anything for my dry ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Anyone know where Physicians Formula is stocked?

Anyone see any stands, preferably on Dublin's northside??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Hi all,

I am looking for some information for the company called Quick Fix Facials.

They make these products: http://www.boots.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/EndecaSearchListerView?storeId=10552&searchTerm=&catalogId=19051&langId=-1&t1_N=4294905635%204294869397&t1_Ne=1&t2_N=4294905635&t2_Ne=1&t3_N=4294905635&t3_Ne=1&t4_N=4294905635&t4_Ne=1&searchv2=true&categoryId=248841#container

I am looking for some contact details or even a website for this company but I cannot find anything, if anyone knows of any website or any way to contact the company I would appreciate if you could post on here or PM with the information.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

^ You sure it isn't Boots that make them?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Hi all,

I am looking for some information for the company called Quick Fix Facials.

They make these products: http://www.boots.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/EndecaSearchListerView?storeId=10552&searchTerm=&catalogId=19051&langId=-1&t1_N=4294905635%204294869397&t1_Ne=1&t2_N=4294905635&t2_Ne=1&t3_N=4294905635&t3_Ne=1&t4_N=4294905635&t4_Ne=1&searchv2=true&categoryId=248841#container

I am looking for some contact details or even a website for this company but I cannot find anything, if anyone knows of any website or any way to contact the company I would appreciate if you could post on here or PM with the information.

Thanks.

Looks like Brand Architekts are responsible for bringing Quick Fix Facials (amongst other brands) into the market so they may be able to help with your query. They have a Contact Us page on their site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

bnagrrl wrote: »
    Looks like Brand Architekts are responsible for bringing Quick Fix Facials (amongst other brands) into the market so they may be able to help with your query. They have a Contact Us page on their site.

Thanks for your help girls, I've just emailed Brand Architekts so I hope to hear from them soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Started using the Soap and Glory Loved and Glossed kit. 3 gloss sticks - Nudist, Fuchsia-ristic and Plum Jam.

Really nice colours! The fuchsia looks a bit neon but goes on lighter than I thought it would. Nudist is handy for everyday wear. Was expecting Plum Jam to be plum but it's not...more raspberry imo.:)

Nice alternative to a lipstick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I used Vichy dermablend total body corrective foundation for the first time today. I am in love!! Absolutely amazing colour and texture. Sally hansen always looks far too orange on my very pale skin and i don't like the feel of its texture.

Am attaching a pic. I was wearing all day and hasn't budged or rubbed off on my clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Got this L'Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Primer in Boots a couple of weeks ago. It's dear enough at about €20 for a small pot. I think it's amazing though. You only need a tiny amount as you can buff it out quite a bit. It fills and smooths all pores and blemishes to provide a flawless base for makeup. I absolutely love it. My skin feels so soft after I apply it. I think it's silicone based though so if you don't like the feeling of Smashbox primers your probably won't like this.

Link: http://www.boots.ie/en/LOreal-Paris-Studio-Secrets-Smoothing-Resurfacing-Primer_947702/

Pics are too massive to embed!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭superLeetive

panda100 wrote: »
    I used Vichy dermablend total body corrective foundation for the first time today. I am in love!! Absolutely amazing colour and texture. Sally hansen always looks far too orange on my very pale skin and i don't like the feel of its texture.

Am attaching a pic. I was wearing all day and hasn't budged or rubbed off on my clothes.

Love the shade! Is that the "light" one?

Did it take a lot of product to do your whole body? Just wondering how many total body coverages I'd get out of one bottle to see if I can justify the splurge. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Did it take a lot of product to do your whole body? Just wondering how many total body coverages I'd get out of one bottle to see if I can justify the splurge. :P

Also does it blend easy? Like around the ankles and stuff? They didn't have a tester in light and I couldn't really tell with the darker shade because it was bound to look ridiculous on my pale skin no matter how much I blended it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

dinemo6 wrote: »
    Have been eyeing up Limecrime for a while now.... where did you buy it from?

*Has palpitatons* That's beautiful, as is the shade 'Wicked'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Anyone tried the garnier under eye roll on?

I have such awful dark circles and I never wear make up these days so they're so obvious!

Bought it today and hoping it will work.

EDIT- Just opened it :(

In Supervalu they have the empty boxes on the shelves and you get the product at the counter. I had the fair box, but they gave me a really dark one! 03 instead of 01. Ill have to go back now :rolleyes:

ive used it and I find it okay - its not a heavy duty concealer but will help a bit.

I sweat by the lancome effacernes concealer for dark circles - its their softening concealer. a tube lasts me months and i've been using it for years.

http://www.lancome.co.uk/_en/_gb/makeup/complexion/concealer/effacernes-longue-tenue-025172.aspx

if they are really bad I use that but I apply nip & fab eye fix beforehand.

http://www.nipandfab.com/makeup/eye-makeup/cc-eye-fix-light

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

The bottle is huge. I have very long legs and I only used about three squeezes. I say tube will last quite a long time. It is pricey though, worth it though I think

Advertisement