Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Tasden wrote: »
    Also does it blend easy? Like around the ankles and stuff? They didn't have a tester in light and I couldn't really tell with the darker shade because it was bound to look ridiculous on my pale skin no matter how much I blended it.

I got the light one. I don't tan at all so have milk bottle legs. The colour won't make you bronzed which is good as that colour tone just looks orange on me. It warms up the skintone and takes the blue/white tinge away. It didn't cake at all around my toes and ankles which sally hansen always does. It didn't majorly cover up my veins etc but I like that it is more natural and your legs don't look caked in makeup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

panda100 wrote: »
    I got the light one. I don't tan at all so have milk bottle legs. The colour won't make you bronzed which is good as that colour tone just looks orange on me. It warms up the skintone and takes the blue/white tinge away. It didn't cake at all around my toes and ankles which sally hansen always does. It didn't majorly cover up my veins etc but I like that it is more natural and your legs don't look caked in makeup.

Thank you for that :) wouldn't want much colour myself tbh, I used to love nude glow SH, just my legs but better as opposed to any shade change, but think it was discontinued :(
    Might splash out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I used Vichy dermablend total body corrective foundation for the first time today. I am in love!! Absolutely amazing colour and texture. Sally hansen always looks far too orange on my very pale skin and i don't like the feel of its texture.

Am attaching a pic. I was wearing all day and hasn't budged or rubbed off on my clothes.
    This looks great and natural too. Did it come off easy or transfer to clothes/bed sheets etc at all? If it rained, would this stuff go patchy or anything? How did it blend? Could you use your hands to apply it?

I've a wedding in August and my legs are quite pale but I can't stand fake tan so would consider this to use on my legs.

Sorry for all the questions, just want as much info as possible before I go splashing out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Just picked up Palmolive Conditioner for Coloured hair (white bottle with red parts on it), for €1.49, in Dealz and I'm thrilled with it!

I have highlighted hair and would only use L'Oreal Elvive (red bottle) but I just picked the Palmolive one on a whim and it's lovely.
    Foams really well and makes your hair feel really soft and manageable.
    Bargain too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

This looks great and natural too. Did it come off easy or transfer to clothes/bed sheets etc at all? If it rained, would this stuff go patchy or anything? How did it blend? Could you use your hands to apply it?

I've a wedding in August and my legs are quite pale but I can't stand fake tan so would consider this to use on my legs.

Sorry for all the questions, just want as much info as possible before I go splashing out!

I applied with a mitt as I didn't want to stain my hands. It blends like a dream. I used a moisturiser before hand as that what it says on the directions. It has a creamy texture so blends very easily.

I gave it it's second outing today. Put it on at 10am this morning and am just home now. Am attaching pics of one leg done this morning and a picture of both legs I took just 5 minutes ago. I cannot recommend this stuff more highly! If sally hansen works for you then that's great. However, if you find it a bit orange, and the texture too cakey and thick for daytime wear, then vichy is the way to go. Well worth the price tag.

Ok will stop posting pictures of my legs on the internet now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I applied with a mitt as I didn't want to stain my hands. It blends like a dream. I used a moisturiser before hand as that what it says on the directions. It has a creamy texture so blends very easily.

I gave it it's second outing today. Put it on at 10am this morning and am just home now. Am attaching pics of one leg done this morning and a picture of both legs I took just 5 minutes ago. I cannot recommend this stuff more highly! If sally hansen works for you then that's great. However, if you find it a bit orange, and the texture too cakey and thick for daytime wear, then vichy is the way to go. Well worth the price tag.

ADORE your sandals :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Thanks panda, you've swayed my decision, going to buy it! :)

Thank you so much. I've used Sally Hansen once and swore never again, horrid stuff. St Moritz is the same. Think I will splash out on the Vichy, I'd rather spend a few bob on something that I can use rather than buy something I'll only use once or twice.

The Vichy one looks so natural too which a lot of tans don't.

One more question - is it a big tube? Would it last long?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Currently 33% off that Vichy stuff on Feel Unique :) Loads of discounts actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

@panda100 - are you using the setting powder too or just the lotion on its own?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Currently 33% off that Vichy stuff on Feel Unique :) Loads of discounts actually...

Escentual are doing another 1/3 off French Pharmacy sale for the month of June too. I bought La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat and the Anthelios SPF30 Anti-Shine Fluid for about £10 each :)

I recently bought the Clarins Everlasting Foundation, it has a decent shade range for pale ladies, and the coverage is brilliant too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

I've just spent the last while on the Boots website and ended up adding a ridiculous amount of stuff to my basket, stuff I really didn't need. So in a rare moment of self-restraint I removed everything bar 2.

This is a shampoo + conditioner in 1 but it has great reviews so it should be handy for when I go on holidays in a few weeks. I got the blonde one.
    grow-gorgeous-cleansing_conditioner.jpg

Also got this Clarins after sun with self-tanning which should hopefully be handy to keep my tan up after my pre-holiday tan starts to fade.
    10543537-1319698819-882666.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Recently purchased this(because I needed another nude palette, right?!)

Anyway, it's by far my favourite palette over naked 2 and lorac pro.. Creamy eyeshadow which is extremely pigmented so only need the tiniest bit of the brush.

Best part only paid 40 turkish lira for it on hols(15e!)

nudetude_productshot_small_1_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Couple of new products picked up on holidays

Liz Earle radiant skin set http://www.aerlingus.com/media/aerlinguscom/content/images/skyshopping/dec12_LizEarleTravelCollect.jpg
    Have never tried these products before but used last night to cleanse my face and was blown away - my sensitive skin felt very comfortable and make up came off in one go!

Elizabeth Arden 8hr cream - have been a big fan of the 8hr cream lip protector for a while now but never had the actual cream. It seems very nice and soothing to my patches of dry skin and a little seems to go a long way.

I have also found a kiko shop here as well as sephora - any product recommendations? My skin is hugely sensitive at the moment and dry (taking roaccutane) so cannot go for anything too heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

sillymoo wrote: »
    Couple of new products picked up on holidays

Liz Earle radiant skin set http://www.aerlingus.com/media/aerlinguscom/content/images/skyshopping/dec12_LizEarleTravelCollect.jpg
    Have never tried these products before but used last night to cleanse my face and was blown away - my sensitive skin felt very comfortable and make up came off in one go!

Elizabeth Arden 8hr cream - have been a big fan of the 8hr cream lip protector for a while now but never had the actual cream. It seems very nice and soothing to my patches of dry skin and a little seems to go a long way.

I have also found a kiko shop here as well as sephora - any product recommendations? My skin is hugely sensitive at the moment and dry (taking roaccutane) so cannot go for anything too heavy.

Sephora - have a look at the Philosophy stuff, I have the Hope Springs Eternal facial mist and it's really lovely. It smells like green tea. I use it to set my make up on days when I don't want to use powder. Especially like it in hot weather, very refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

dee_mc wrote: »
    Sephora - have a look at the Philosophy stuff, I have the Hope Springs Eternal facial mist and it's really lovely. It smells like green tea. I use it to set my make up on days when I don't want to use powder. Especially like it in hot weather, very refreshing.

Fab idea thank you! I cannot use powder due to dry skin and it caking so so something like this to set my makeup would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Has anyone ever used Art Deco products in particular their foundation? Have an event in a week and getting my make up done using these products only and am a bit nervous as I've become very reliant on my studio fix fluid to cover any acne scarring and pigmentation..

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭doriansmith

Bought a Tangle Teezer yesterday. I was always put off by the price but I got a load of vouchers from Boots in the post last week so decided to invest in one.

My god, it's amazing! My hair is quite fine but I have absolutely tons of it. It's wavy/frizzy, halfway down my back & it's also highlighted so it gets really knotted when I wash it & it's a total nightmare to comb out afterwards, no matter how much conditioner I put in. Used the Tangle Teezer this morning & it worked like a dream, not a knot in sight. My regular comb went straight in the bin after!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Bought a Tangle Teezer yesterday. I was always put off by the price but I got a load of vouchers from Boots in the post last week so decided to invest in one.

My god, it's amazing! My hair is quite fine but I have absolutely tons of it. It's wavy/frizzy, halfway down my back & it's also highlighted so it gets really knotted when I wash it & it's a total nightmare to comb out afterwards, no matter how much conditioner I put in. Used the Tangle Teezer this morning & it worked like a dream, not a knot in sight. My regular comb went straight in the bin after!

I don't know how I ever coped without it

Made a trip to Dublin yesterday and had to visit Space NK, very exciting stuff.

I got myself two of the By Terry Ombre Blackstar eyeshadow sticks that I've been seeing all over various beauty blogs. They've been on my wish list for ages. I got it in Misty Rock and Blonde Opal. The colours are lovely, go on really nice and creamy and then they do not budge.
    BY-T-143425.jpg

Also got myself some Tatcha blotting papers
    tatcha-group-z.jpg

And couldn't help myself getting a Diptyque Baies candle.
    191095109_product_1?$zoom_square$

Sorry the pictures are massive. I don't know how to resize them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I am dying to go to Space NK! I have two of those By Terry Ombré Blackstars myself and they really are great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I recently bought Gosh CC Cream Illuminating Foundation in Ivory as it was on offer. It's honestly the best foundation I've had, and I've tried a lot! I have dark under eye circles and this covers it completely. It stays on all night and I don't have to re-apply. I'll be buying it again this week as it's almost gone, it's on special offer again in sam mcCauleys so an extra bonus :)

Made a trip to Dublin yesterday and had to visit Space NK, very exciting stuff.

I got myself two of the By Terry Ombre Blackstar eyeshadow sticks that I've been seeing all over various beauty blogs. They've been on my wish list for ages. I got it in Misty Rock and Blonde Opal. The colours are lovely, go on really nice and creamy and then they do not budge.
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/b-glowing/content/product/large/BY-T-143425.jpg

And couldn't help myself getting a Diptyque Baies candle.
    http://product-images.barneys.com/is/image/Barneys/191095109_product_1?$zoom_square$

Sorry the pictures are massive. I don't know how to resize them.
    Can I be really nosy and ask if these were expensive?

I am dying to try both of them (shadows and candle) just not sure how much they are in Ireland, and I won't be ordering from Space NK UK anytime soon :(

Can I be really nosy and ask if these were expensive?

I am dying to try both of them (shadows and candle) just not sure how much they are in Ireland, and I won't be ordering from Space NK UK anytime soon :(

The shadows were very expensive, I think it was €30 each. They are lovely and really long lasting, but overpriced for what they are.

The candle was €44 I think but it has 60burning hours and it smells divine. I haven't even lit it yet but every time I walk near it I can smell it and it is heavenly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

kp-revitaluxe.png
    Joico K-PAK RevitaLuxe

Got a travel size thing of this at the hairdressers. Didn't really expect much off it for some reason...but it's AMAZING! Makes my hair so soft. And makes it look so great and healthy! Going to splash out on the bigger size for sure.

vichy-capital-soleil-self-tanner-face-body-milk.jpg
    Vichy Capital Soleil Self Tanner Face & Body Milk

I don't really wear fake tan much. But at the moment my arms are quite tanned but my legs...are not. So I wanted something to make my legs less white. And saw good reviews for this. It's brilliant! Best fake tan I've used. It makes my skin browner, not orange. Most fake tans just make me orange. This stuff is great. Quite expensive though considering the small size you get... Got it for €12 online on sale. Usually it's a good bit more. You can use it on your face too but I don't think I'd risk putting tan on my face...could go all wrong!

I'm growing my hair at the moment to donate it to charity. It's super long and keeping it in good condition is a bit if a challenge. I got the Miracle oil in Aldi and tried it last night. My hair is so soft, smooth and shiny this morning, I'm delighted! Definitely recommend it at €3.99 for 50ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Am supposed to be cutting back on my online spending but when I saw Sunbeam post the £10 off £25 voucher code (MSEJUL14) on the promo/discount code thread I couldn't resist putting a couple of orders in on www.feelunique.com (Used two different accounts:o) These are things that I have wanted for a very long time and with the saving I couldn't stop myself!

e55fd9f1b6706d2ac553f7dee81deeddd30a9a1a.png

Worked out at £20.50 with the code (Approx €26)

And two Urban Decay shadows in Toasted and Smog. Worked out at £18 for the two (Approx €23). I have two urban decay pallettes but those two are the colours that I mostly use

GS007162.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Heading on hols soon and wanted something to protect my hair as it often gets very dry in the heat.
    Picked up Phyto PhytoPlage Protective Sun Oil on feelunique
    phytoplage_protective_sun_oil_3.3_oz__67063.1400857193.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
    Saw it recommended in Glamour and it sounded like exactly what I was looking for

Then as it's gonna be a long haul flight I thought I'd get some intense moisturiser for during it so I got La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Intense Light
    31880.jpg

Total was €29.25 after I used the code from the discount code thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Hydraluron (1/3 off in Boots right now)

HydraLuron.jpg

Maybelline was 3 for 2 so I got

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=83015585

2218871?$lg$

300.JPG

And 2 Tresemme Heat Defence Sprays as it was 2 for 9 euro :o

I need to stop spending my wages

• Advertisement

Cloud10 have sent out an email saying they are discontinuing their points programme from July 14th so I decided now was the perfect time to spend my points :pac:

Sleek Blush By Three - Californ.I.A.
    california.jpg

Sleek Blush - Rose Gold
    sleek-blush-rose-gold-01.jpg

Advertisement