Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

bnagrrl wrote: »
    Cloud10 have sent out an email saying they are discontinuing their points programme from July 14th.

Thanks for that, I don't check my emails that often so probably wouldn't have seen it! Been meaning to try out some Sleek eyeshadows so gonna spend my points too!
    I just realised that I had only reviewed one of the products I bought before, so I reviewed the other one today. Any idea how long it takes for points to be approved?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I don't check my emails that often so probably wouldn't have seen it! Been meaning to try out some Sleek eyeshadows so gonna spend my points too!
    I just realised that I had only reviewed one of the products I bought before, so I reviewed the other one today. Any idea how long it takes for points to be approved?

About a day I think? The stuff I ordered last night earned me more points and I have them in my account now. Very tempted to spend again... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I've been picking up a few little bits lately; some for holidays, some just because! Loving all of them so far :)

L'Oréal Lumi Magique Touch of Light Highligher
    lumi-magique-highlighter-light.jpg

The Body Shop Skin Tea Tree Facial Toner
    58321m_l.jpg

The Body Shop Coconut Milk Body Lotion
    58618m_l.jpg

La Roche-Posay Anthelios AC SPF30 Matte Fluid
    showImageResized.aspx?MediaId=6180&ImageFormatAppCode=IMAGEFORMAT_ORIGINAL

... and a pile of things from e.l.f. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Just discovered a sleek stand in Cork boots. Thanking my lucky stars it was empty... Except for the felt pen eyeliner I went in for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Real Techniques Core Collection was 20 euro in TK Maxx. The set is 30 quid in Boots.

300.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

10o46x1.jpg

My lovely boyfriend bought me a by terry ombre blackstar in misty rock and I bought glamour and got a fee Clinique high impact mascara, addicted to mascara.

Not really a product but had my second HD brow and I'm addicted!

33ddx74.djpg

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Ugh. Somebody stage an intervention please. More beauty buys!

Sleek palette in Vintage Romance
    vintage-romance-i-divine.jpg

Sleek Pout Polish in Powder Pink
    96009543-1_3.jpg

Bobbi Brown Matte Lipstick in Razzberry
    bobbi-brown-creamy-matte-razzberry-lipstick-s-L-IRAYB5.jpeg
    (Pic from Paperblog.com)

Also spotted Bobbi Brown's SS14 palettes Surf and Sand - both are gorgeous with sandy beiges, golds and one had beautiful soft sea foam green and turquoise. They're around the €60 mark I think though so may have to wait to purchase...

I ordered these the other day to use up my beauty points. I can't wait to try them out!

I'll be over here waiting by the letterbox... :pac:

Sleek Ultra Matte i-Divine palette brights

sleek_pallette_2.jpg

and Sleek Au Naturel i-Divine palette

sleek-au-naturel-.jpg

bnagrrl wrote: »
    Sleek palette in Vintage Romance

I almost bought that one but I'm not the biggest fan of shimmery eyeshadow (probably cause I always make a glittery mess :pac:), but the colours in it are gorgeous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

I use Mac eyebrow pencil in Filng (a light brown shade) great product but it's pricey and I go through a lot of it as I have very blonde brows.

Had run out of it last month and thought I'd try a few other brands. The best so far has to be Essence in Blonde (they do one in Soft Blonde, but it has a very grey tinge to it.)
    One thing I HATE in pencils for lighter brows is the awful reddish/orange tone they tend to have, this goes for both higher and lower brands on the market. But the Essence pencil was great, a perfect dupe for the Mac pencil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Jwacqui wrote: »
    10o46x1.jpg

My lovely boyfriend bought me a by terry ombre blackstar in misty rock and I bought glamour and got a fee Clinique high impact mascara, addicted to mascara.

Not really a product but had my second HD brow and I'm addicted!

33ddx74.djpg

The HD brows are nice. Do they cost much, if you don't mind me asking?

The HD brows are nice. Do they cost much, if you don't mind me asking?

Where I get mine done they are €50 for a first appointment and then €40 for each appointment after which is normally every 6 weeks. I love them. After nearly 10 years of just waxing and tinting I don't think I would do back.

I think you can get them done cheaper. Maybe between 30-40. I get mine done in Nu Essence. They were recommended and I would recommend them aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Is the sleek stand in the lovely big boots on half moon street? I was there about 2weeks ago and never spotted it. Must make a trip this week. I've only ever tried their blusher and I adore it. Those palettes look lovely too though.

I bought Benefit Porefessional. I already had a Mac prep and prime, but i didn't find it useful. N17 MAC brush and ''Swiss Chocolate'' eyeshadow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Ava_e wrote: »
    One thing I HATE in pencils for lighter brows is the awful reddish/orange tone they tend to have, this goes for both higher and lower brands on the market. But the Essence pencil was great, a perfect dupe for the Mac pencil.

I find the Estee Lauder one good for this - you get an additional refill cartridge with it and you can just buy the refills after that. One cartridge lasts me about a year though! The Mac one lasts no length!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I recently purchased redkens new blonde idol shampoo, the replacement of their blonde glam line. My hair has been through the mill lately. I got highlights two weeks in a row (roots didn't cover first time) and was a bridesmaid so my hair was almost hairsprayed to death a few days later. There was literally bits of my hair snapping off from the hairspray. I tried this shampoo and am seriously so impressed with it. It's softer and looks shiny (never thought I'd be a shiny blonde) and it seems to have reversed any damage the last few weeks have done.

On the flip side I also tried redkens extreme cat spray last week and found this to be awful. Left my hair more limp and lank then it was to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Is the sleek stand in the lovely big boots on half moon street? I was there about 2weeks ago and never spotted it. Must make a trip this week. I've only ever tried their blusher and I adore it. Those palettes look lovely too though.

Yep! I was there nearly an hour and must have walked by it 3 or 4 times. It's in the last makeup aisle on the side of the main tills.

Highly recommend their eyeliner pen, it's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I have just ordered Philip Thomas Roth products for the first time based on online recommendations. Anyone use them or have any reviews?

anna080 wrote: »
    I recently purchased redkens new blonde idol shampoo, the replacement of their blonde glam line. My hair has been through the mill lately. I got highlights two weeks in a row (roots didn't cover first time) and was a bridesmaid so my hair was almost hairsprayed to death a few days later. There was literally bits of my hair snapping off from the hairspray. I tried this shampoo and am seriously so impressed with it. It's softer and looks shiny (never thought I'd be a shiny blonde) and it seems to have reversed any damage the last few weeks have done.

On the flip side I also tried redkens extreme cat spray last week and found this to be awful. Left my hair more limp and lank then it was to begin with.

I've never bought decent shampoo. It's because I don't know how to blow-dry my own hair. Of course I can direct the 'dryer at my hair and get it dry quickly but not looking nice, like a hairdresser can. It looks no better than if I let it air dry naturally. I always wondered if a decent shampoo and conditioner like Redken or Kerastase would make a difference, or do you have to also be able to blow dry, or GHD straighten the hair afterwards for the hair to look good?

I am looking forward to buying my first daycent blusher powder soon. I've Type 1 skin, very pale, and I've been using Isadora Glowstick, and it's fine but nothing spectacular..I've just recently perfected applying eyeakeup, now that I have discovered highlighter and proper brushes and good mascara, and foundation, since I spent a bit more on a MAC powder that was matched to my skin for me, so I wanted to finish it all off with a proper blusher. As a pale skinned person I put lots of research into it and found out that Dita Von Teese wh is as pale as me claims to use MAC's Mocha blusher, but when I tried that out it didn't look right. I'm eyeing up Illamasqua Katie blusher and Beg blusher at the moment. For some reason they were on the Debenhams website during the Blue Cross Sale with the price in red as though they had been marked down but they were all the same price as they were pre-sale! (E 19.30 or therabouts). 'Katie' is out of stock now.

• Advertisement

I am looking forward to buying my first daycent blusher powder soon. I've Type 1 skin, very pale, and I've been using Isadora Glowstick, and it's fine but nothing spectacular..I've just recently perfected applying eyeakeup, now that I have discovered highlighter and proper brushes and good mascara, and foundation, since I spent a bit more on a MAC powder that was matched to my skin for me, so I wanted to finish it all off with a proper blusher. As a pale skinned person I put lots of research into it and found out that Dita Von Teese wh is as pale as me claims to use MAC's Mocha blusher, but when I tried that out it didn't look right. I'm eyeing up Illamasqua Katie blusher and Beg blusher at the moment. For some reason they were on the Debenhams website during the Blue Cross Sale with the price in red as though they had been marked down but they were all the same price as they were pre-sale! (E 19.30 or therabouts). 'Katie' is out of stock now.

I'm really pale. I'm normally the lightest shade in most make up and I hate looking overdone with my makeup. I use MAC Mineralise ski finish blush in dainty. It's a really pale baby pink colour with a light shimmer. I wear it every day.

I've never bought decent shampoo. It's because I don't know how to blow-dry my own hair. Of course I can direct the 'dryer at my hair and get it dry quickly but not looking nice, like a hairdresser can. It looks no better than if I let it air dry naturally. I always wondered if a decent shampoo and conditioner like Redken or Kerastase would make a difference, or do you have to also be able to blow dry, or GHD straighten the hair afterwards for the hair to look good?

Ya I usually blow dry and straighten my hair because I have blonde highlights so the condition isn't great when it's left to dry naturally. I also use kerastesse leave in conditioner it's in a pink bottle and this works best with the heat that comes from styling tools so my hair is super soft wheneve l use that. I was like you and never bothered to look any further than l'oreal or John Frieda but I love the redken shampoo, if you're a fellow blonde I would definitely reccommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I've never found fancy shampoos and conditioners to be of any use to me. I have naturally curly, dry, frizzy hair and I've spent over 20 quid on small bottles of shampoo and conditioner only to find Tresemme and Herbal Essence do a better or similar job. Also if you can't blow dry you hair but find that the GHD works out ok after letting it dry naturally, then do that :) That's what I do with mine and I find that if I have to blow dry it (because it's late and I've just washed it etc), then it ends up in worse condition than if I let it dry naturally. The less heat styling the better with any sort of damaged/dry/coloured hair.

bscm wrote: »
    I've never found fancy shampoos and conditioners to be of any use to me. I have naturally curly, dry, frizzy hair and I've spent over 20 quid on small bottles of shampoo and conditioner only to find Tresemme and Herbal Essence do a better or similar job. Also if you can't blow dry you hair but find that the GHD works out ok after letting it dry naturally, then do that :) That's what I do with mine and I find that if I have to blow dry it (because it's late and I've just washed it etc), then it ends up in worse condition than if I let it dry naturally. The less heat styling the better with any sort of damaged/dry/coloured hair.

Thanks..thing is I have coloured hair and staighteners strip the colour :( you can't win! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

I love my BabyWipes for just about everything. The Pennys own brand are great, cheap and cheerful.

Quality Cotton wool that doesn't disintergate the minute it has cleanser/toner on it is hard to get. While Demakeup is good, I find the Boots own brand awful, it comes apart easily and leaves you rubbing your skin harshly with a rolled up bit of cotton wool. Again, Penny's own brand are excellent, half the price of other brands, and do the job perfectly.

Ava_e wrote: »
    I love my BabyWipes for just about everything. The Pennys own brand are great, cheap and cheerful.

Quality Cotton wool that doesn't disintergate the minute it has cleanser/toner on it is hard to get. While Demakeup is good, I find the Boots own brand awful, it comes apart easily and leaves you rubbing your skin harshly with a rolled up bit of cotton wool. Again, Penny's own brand are excellent, half the price of other brands, and do the job perfectly.

Tesco own brand cotton wool are brilliant and are only like 65 cent per pack. Dunnes own brand are also good and are under the €1 mark too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Just purchased my first ever Chanel nail polish as a treat from me to me. Very exciting stuff. Can't wait to go home and put it on.
    It's in the shade Lotus Rouge.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Im mega pale and recently started using MAC Springsheen blusher ... Its fab !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I love Nars Sex Appeal. It's a matte peachy colour.

• Advertisement

Mac prep and prime highlighter in Light Boost. It's one of the twisty pen ones. Stressful, because you never know when it will run out, Makes me look about 50% less knackered :)

The reviews are very mixed though..might be yet another marmite product.

Advertisement