Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Got three NYX lip liners; currant, pinky and hot red.

slimlipswatches.jpg

Some bits from elf... Eyelid primer in sheer. Looks like a good dupe for the UD one in Original which I'm just about to run out of. Got flawless finish foundation in buff and porcelain as I'm not sure which shade I am and the custom compact quad which I'm going to depot my MAC shadows into to cut down on space in my bathroom and so I can trade them in for more free lippies :pac:
    Also got a pointed foundation brush which I'm going to use or try to use for contouring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

TooFaced Chocolate Bar Pallette. I haven't used it yet- if I have time I'll try one of the shades before work tomorrow

lindtee wrote: »
    Was reading through the "Anti ageing moisturiser for 'young' skin" thread (although it has to be said I am not young)and saw chemical exfoliators being recommended. I was never a fan of the scrub type exfoliators so this alternative sounded great. (I'd never heard of chemical exfoliators before:o) Someone recommended the "Pixi glow tonic" so I went to the pixi site. Got 2 of the glow tonic and a silky eye pen kit. I found a discount code FlawlessPixi (which gives about 20% off) so I got the 3 items for £38.39 and its free delivery to Ireland over £35. Yay

41E04bBmOeL._SY300_.jpg

skintreats-glow_tonic-visual-01nov13-x1.jpg

I'm fascinate by this glow tonic- have you used it yet? if so do you find it good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 becca21

Is shaws the only place that stocks nyx in limerick? And does anyone know if you can buy physicians formula in limerick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

becca21 wrote: »
    Is shaws the only place that stocks nyx in limerick? And does anyone know if you can buy physicians formula in limerick?

As far as I know, it is and sadly the stand seems to be always half empty :( I don't know about Physicians Formula. Haven't seen it anywhere yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I'm fascinate by this glow tonic- have you used it yet? if so do you find it good?

Haven't received it yet:( Will post back when I do!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Has anyone ever used the MeMeMe range of cosmetics? I have seen a local chemist store advertising them.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 aoifemcd

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Has anyone ever used the MeMeMe range of cosmetics? I have seen a local chemist store advertising them.

I've used a few bits and loved them all.

I use their blush and liquid eyeliner all the time and also have a lovely red lipgloss and a deep red nail varnish from them too. Great quality products that aren't too expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

becca21 wrote: »

Heres a list of Physicians Formula stockists... https://twitter.com/PFormulaIRL/status/484999143228993536

They've added some since they posted this, eg the Pharmacy in Northwood in Santry and Killians in Loughrea, Co Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just purchased the Mary-Lou manizer highlighter by the balm. Got it on cloud ten beauty for €19. Pippa O Connor raves about this highlighter and says it's the best she's ever used. I've seen her apply it in her tutorials and it looks aaamazing!

• Advertisement

Sleek is buy one get one half price in Boots at the moment. I got these two palettes:

Face Form Contour Palette in Medium
    96040645-1_2.jpg

Blush By 3 in Sugar
    96040584-1_5.jpg

Lip liner in Dragon Fruit
    96037263-1.jpg
    Paid full whack for this (€6 :)) as there was nothing else on the Sleek stand that caught my eye. It's to go with my Bobbi Brown lipstick in Razzberry and very good match for it.

Soap & Glory is also buy one get one half price.

No clogs allowed
    noclogsallowed_withbox.jpg

Make yourself youthful super serum
    myy_withbox.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

I went into the Northwood Santry pharmacy in search of the Physicians Formula stand, and they have a sign up saying they're having in store demonstrations on September 11th, 10am - 4pm.

Also they have a very well stocked NYX stand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Made a trip to MAC today and picked up 3 eyeshadows for my pro-palette. I just have 1 more spot to fill and it will be complete.....exciting times. :D

Antiqued
    eb143f1d_vbattach30254.jpg

Amber lights
    mac-cosmetics-amber-lights-1.jpg

Embark
    mac-eye-care-1-5g-0-05oz-small-eye-shadow-embark-women.jpg

Also went to Benefit to get the Hoola bronzer
    benefit-hoola-bronzer_zps400583b2.jpg

and decided to give Gimme Brow a try
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRcvGP-vL3I1dO2npnealKn-wCRuc5HSkbO7mlgAE563GOflyYKQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

A bit of an Urban Decay haul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

And double ended eye pencils in Naked and Naked 3. Naked Flushed in Streak and the brush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

I have seen a youtuber (not sure if we're allowed name names here) rave about the MeMeMe beat the blues highlighter but that's about it. I've never actually seen the products on sale anywhere.
    bnagrrl wrote: »
    Sleek is buy one get one half price in Boots at the moment.

I recently bought 2 Sleek lip liners myself and have found them to be really good quality. They're also very easy to sharpen, you don't lose half the product (unlike the Barry M gelly lip things :mad:).

I recently bought 2 Sleek lip liners myself and have found them to be really good quality. They're also very easy to sharpen, you don't lose half the product (unlike the Barry M gelly lip things :mad:).

I've been using Dragon Fruit all weekend. Good match for Bobbi Brown Razzberry and MAC Lush Life. It wears really well and doesn't smudge. I had to touch up my lipstick a couple of times but the liner was still perfect.

I'd like to get more but the stand I was at in Liffey Valley just had a white liner and an apricot one, neither of which I wanted. Will defo keep an eye out for other colours though. :)

2 Sigma eye brushes, one Realtechniques eye brush..so far I find them just as good as the Mac brushes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

bnagrrl wrote: »
    I've been using Dragon Fruit all weekend. Good match for Bobbi Brown Razzberry and MAC Lush Life. It wears really well and doesn't smudge. I had to touch up my lipstick a couple of times but the liner was still perfect.

I'd like to get more but the stand I was at in Liffey Valley just had a white liner and an apricot one, neither of which I wanted. Will defo keep an eye out for other colours though. :)

I always find the stand in Blanch very well stocked. I tend to mostly buy online but I know some people would be iffy about that, particularly with lip colours. If you search enough you'll find realistic colour swatches somewhere on the internet to help you choose.

I always find the stand in Blanch very well stocked. I tend to mostly buy online but I know some people would be iffy about that, particularly with lip colours. If you search enough you'll find realistic colour swatches somewhere on the internet to help you choose.

Cheers :) I was actually in Blanch on Friday but they were sold out of the contour pallet I wanted so I decided to wait till I got to LV instead. I've no problem buying online and cloud10 had 15% off Sleek last weekend but buying in Boots actually worked out cheaper! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

lindtee wrote: »
    Was reading through the "Anti ageing moisturiser for 'young' skin" thread (although it has to be said I am not young)and saw chemical exfoliators being recommended. I was never a fan of the scrub type exfoliators so this alternative sounded great. (I'd never heard of chemical exfoliators before:o) Someone recommended the "Pixi glow tonic" so I went to the pixi site. Got 2 of the glow tonic and a silky eye pen kit. I found a discount code FlawlessPixi (which gives about 20% off) so I got the 3 items for £38.39 and its free delivery to Ireland over £35. Yay

41E04bBmOeL._SY300_.jpg

skintreats-glow_tonic-visual-01nov13-x1.jpg

Have you recieved your glow tonic yet? I'd be interested to know what you thought about it! I got mine the other day. I can't tell if I like it or not, it feels quite drying on my skin, this could be because it's so heavily scented. How do you add it to your routine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

I bought the Estee Lauder double wear BB cream today, and the new foundation brush.

i also got two new eye shadow and eye brow brush but there not so snazzy! hahha!

so far the foundation brush is pretty cool, better than the stippling brush i usually use..
    Ill test the BB cream tomorrow in work!!

853e54b3-5c04-40d3-9fc3-82ab13dfb55b.jpg

ee458eb4-503b-4a2f-8e62-fb2e12828f22.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

anna080 wrote: »
    Have you recieved your glow tonic yet? I'd be interested to know what you thought about it! I got mine the other day. I can't tell if I like it or not, it feels quite drying on my skin, this could be because it's so heavily scented. How do you add it to your routine?

Hi. I received it last Friday I think and have been using it every evening since then. I take off my makeup and cleanse first, then use the glow tonic. I then apply my serum and moisturiser. I'm the same as you, not quite sure about it yet. Have gotten two whopper spots on my cbin (but that could just be coincidence!) *I think* my skin feels slightly better and smoother (but that could be wishful thinking!). I have two bottles so I'll continue to use it til they are finished and see has it really done anything. I'll report back in another couple of weeks.

This is the best photo I can find of this online, Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Colour in Hot Raspberry. Hot Raspberry on the left, Pink Blossom on the right.

Bobbi-Brown-Hot-Raspberry-Pink-Blossom-Sheer-Lip-Color-closeup.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Bought a vita liberata sheer tinted self tan mousse in medium, and tonight is my first time to use it so, what I found so far

- goes on really easy, no streaks when applying
    - no real smell from it
    - seemed to dry quickly
    - looks a bit dirty so it's definitely not one you'd throw on and go out without washing it off

I'll edit this tomorrow to add what it's like when it has developed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ok I look jaundiced. That's all there's really to say to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Ok I look jaundiced. That's all there's really to say to be honest

Oh no! Thanks for the warning, I'd been half considering it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

I tried that Vita Liberata 2-3 week stuff, don't know if it's the same stuff you are on about but its rubbish.
    I put it on, left it for 12 hours (3 or 5 hours being the minimum it should be left on I think) and when i went to wash it off, the whole lot just washed off.
    It was as if I had put no tan near me at all! My friend tried it as well and the same thing happened her. For expensive enough tan, it's pure rubbish.
    I want to try the Xen tan, it's supposed to be very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Picked up a couple of the new Maybelline Color Drama lip pencil things earlier in Boots, I think this will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship. The shades I got are Minimalist (lovely pink nude which I think will be my new go-to colour for work) and Light It Up (red, which I'm not used to but want to get into wearing!)
    Only down side will be having to sharpen them but I think they'll be worth it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

I also tried Vita Liberata tan before, it looked really patchy and I looked like I just did not shower for a year!!!

Advertisement