Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I think it's only good when used as a professional spray tan. I've had it applied to me when I got a spray tan a few months ago and loved it so I decided to buy the bottle in the chemist. It was terrible! It all washed off my upper body and my legs were left patchy and streaky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

No.7 eye-shadow brush, Hasn't got a great review, I hope it will be better for me than the reviewer , can't post url because I'm a newish poster :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Picked up these bits in Debenhams yesterday. Finally gave into the Naked 3 hype.. But it's so pretty :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

really lovely, enjoy Mar :)

Bought urban decay naked skin foundation today, excited to try it. I may use it alone or under my mac studio fix as it's light enough. Anyone here have any feelings about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

anna080 wrote: »
    Bought urban decay naked skin foundation today, excited to try it. I may use it alone or under my mac studio fix as it's light enough. Anyone here have any feelings about it?

Got a tester of 1.0 about a year ago and loved it (even used my sister's tester up). I could build up the coverage, add a little extra coverage with my powder, and it stays very well. One of the best I've tried as it didn't disappear halfway through the day or rub off whenever I accidentally touched my face.

Bought the full size when my previous foundation ran out. The Naked foundation oxidised whenever I used it, which the testers did not do. I had to make sure my neck and arms were lightly tanned everyday :( It also ran out really quickly as I used about two pumps each day to get medium coverage, after 3 months use I only had 1/3 of the bottle left whereas my previous foundation lasted nearly a year and was only slightly more expensive.

Love the formula, just not sure if I got a dud bottle as the previous (two!) testers didn't oxidise at all, or if my skincare has caused the oxidisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

It oxidises really badly on my skin too. Not sure why..... It could be down to skin type? I also found that it looked blotchy on me after a couple of hours but I do have tricky skin. Was really disappointed too as I am a dedicated Urban Decay fan!

Speaking of which, I got the Electric Palette for my birthday during the summer and absolutely LOVE it. It looks like it would be difficult to wear but I've found it really easy to use in terms of adding a pop to a smokey eye or going full on dramatic for nights out. I don't think I would have bought it for myself but my god I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I was in England over the weekend and I picked up this little beauty for a mere £8. It's quickly taken over my Naked palettes for use, it's gorgeous :D:D:D

8862456676382.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

I was in England over the weekend and I picked up this little beauty for a mere £8. It's quickly taken over my Naked palettes for use, it's gorgeous :D:D:D

8862456676382.jpg

Makeup Revolution are fantastic!

I adore their products...have several of their palettes & they are exceptional!

Most are only £4 including the Naked 1, 2, & 3 dupes.

Highly recommend them!

I've just placed another order & can't wait!! :)

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/

8862456676382.jpg

£8 is unreal! Makes you realise just how much MAC are robbing us blind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 LeonKyr

Found Simon and Tom Callus remover and moroccan treatment. First time saw that brand, but it works magically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

8862456676382.jpg

Nice, what's the consistency and pigmentation like compared to Urban Decay?

Bought hydraluron moisture jelly today in boots and excited to use it. Was always looking for something light to go over the hydraluron serum so hopefully this will do the trick! It feels very fresh and cooling on the skin and my skin usually loves all that kind of stuff.
    It has a clever little pump system that gives just the right amount of product for each use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Bought hydraluron moisture jelly today in boots and excited to use it. Was always looking for something light to go over the hydraluron serum so hopefully this will do the trick! It feels very fresh and cooling on the skin and my skin usually loves all that kind of stuff.
    It has a clever little pump system that gives just the right amount of product for each use.

I have this as well, it's lovely. My skin is pretty oily but it doesn't exacerbate that, it just leaves my skin feeling really comfortable and hydrated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Bought the Sleek contouring kit and palette last week as Boots were doing buying 1, get one half price on Sleek. Just picked it up so dying to give it a try! Terrified I'm gonna look like a crazy person though. Anyone have any tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Bought the Sleek contouring kit and palette last week as Boots were doing buying 1, get one half price on Sleek. Just picked it up so dying to give it a try! Terrified I'm gonna look like a crazy person though. Anyone have any tips?

Blend well and don't have obvious dark streaks and lines! You're trying to add depth to the face by creating false shadows (after you've used foundation and concealer to get rid of shadows :pac:) and highlights, so you want your dark parts to be where you would naturally see a shadow- or where you would want to see one if you had great cheekbones- if that makes sense. The highlight should be where the light would naturally bounce off as well, like just over the sticky out bone part of your face! :pac: this is a dreadful description but if you go on to youtube there are a bazillion tutorials explaining it way better! :p

But you also don't wanna do what i usually end up doing and blending so much that you undo your contouring :) i prefer a taupe colour for contouring because i find the browns in those kits just look muddy on me (:( they're so handy) but I'm deathly pale so if you do think that its looking dirty then might be worth trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

One of my students recently told me 'I was white like ghost!' so I imagine the browns will look hideous on me..I got the light and fair ones so hopefully they'll do the job! Thanks for the tips!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

When I feel nervous when I'm trying to do contouring and worried about overdoing it, I icture Agelina Jolie in Maleficent- ok, Im not Angelina, but those are some majorly contoured cheekbones, so it CAN be a great look and make a big difference, I reckon!

I have Illamasqua's 'Hollow' pigment for contouring but I find a pale brown eyeshadow easier to work with in a hurry!

When I feel nervous when I'm trying to do contouring and worried about overdoing it, I icture Agelina Jolie in Maleficent- ok, Im not Angelina, but those are some majorly contoured cheekbones, so it CAN be a great look and make a big difference, I reckon!

I have Illamasqua's 'Hollow' pigment for contouring but I find a pale brown eyeshadow easier to work with in a hurry!

She has prosthetics on her cheeks for that movie. She's naturally sculpted yes but not that sculpted!

She has prosthetics on her cheeks for that movie. She's naturally sculpted yes but not that sculpted!

Makes sense, if she was that sculpted I'd nearly worry..but kind of shows that it can be a good look on some people, maybe just adapt it/ tone it down ..i.m.o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I'm pale as anything and getting on fine with the sleek kit! I think it depends on your features and overall colouring though.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

bnagrrl wrote: »

Make yourself youthful super serum
    myy_withbox.jpg

I've been using this for about a week now. My god my skin is so soft! It soaks in really easily and smells yummy. I was putting it under moisturiser but now I just wear it alone. It's going on my repurchase list :)

I ordered this from elf ages ago and it finally arrived on Monday. I've been wearing it the last two days and it is fab. I have oily/combo skin and this is just perfect. Doesn't go shiny, didn't need to reapply through out the day and it blended flawlessly. Also love the pump dispenser, so hygienic and best way to get just the right amount of foundation. I got it in porcelain but it's actually quite a warm colour so if you're very pale it could be too dark.

83112_flawless_finish_foundation_L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

So I have been using Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser for maybe two months now and I must say that it has become a form favourite. I have such sensitive skin and it doesn't dry it out our feel tight or uncomfortable. I love the smell but I can see that it might not be to everyone's taste. I feel like I'm in a spa every evening when I take off my makeup! None of my makeup is left behind including my eye makeup (but I only use a lick of mascara normally). I love it so much I have 3 more bottles on the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

I'm pale as anything and getting on fine with the sleek kit! I think it depends on your features and overall colouring though.

I got this in light but find the contour colour too reddish/warm for my pale neutral toned skin. Picked up the NYX blush in Taupe at the weekend and it's a much better colour for me. Had read great reviews on the Sleek one tho so I guess it just depends on your skin tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

One of my students recently told me 'I was white like ghost!' so I imagine the browns will look hideous on me..I got the light and fair ones so hopefully they'll do the job! Thanks for the tips!

Let us know how you get on with it! I have quite pale skin too. My "contouring" usually consists of some bronzer :o I've watched contouring videos on Youtube but generally cannot be arsed, and think I'd be too pale for it to look good..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I got this in light but find the contour colour too reddish/warm for my pale neutral toned skin. Picked up the NYX blush in Taupe at the weekend and it's a much better colour for me. Had read great reviews on the Sleek one tho so I guess it just depends on your skin tone.

That's the one I use too, its more a natural colour/hue of shadows than the brown would be so looks better for my pale skin. But I use the nyx milk pencil for my highlight so that shows how ridiculously pale I am :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I wouldn't even attempt contouring as I know I'd fail miserably! Here are a few things I bought over recent weeks.

Yesterday I ordered a "dermo wheel" It looks very scary...The blurb says it it is
    Effective for Stretch Mark Removal, Anti Aging, nbsp; Repair Acne Scarring, Wrinkle Reduction, Celluite Reduction, nbsp; Hair Loss Treatments, etc.
    - The Skin Roller has 540 needles per roller head, in comparison with the standard roller that has less than 200 needles per head. With extra needles, you will have greater penetration in much less time.
    - Rejuvenates skin, promotes pores and skin elasticity, will increase skin thickness.
    - Reduces appearance of cellulite, stretch marks, and large pores.
    41RprsoC4KL.jpg

On the Boots website I ordered these sleek products

Bad Girl Eyeshadow Pallette (€5.49)
    Sunset 13 Eyeshadow pallette (€7.99)
    Corrector and conceal pallette (€6.49)
    Sleek Eau La La liner in venom (€5.49)

Its also buy one get one half price on Sleek products so these were good value (as the first 3 are cheaper than instore) Had wanted to get the Garden of Eden pallette but they were out of stock online :(

Still using the Pixi Glow tonic every evening but don't really think it is making any difference. However as I use a lot of skin products on my face, its good to know that this is exfoliating my skin and getting rid of all of them (before I apply more:cool:)

Am using elf eyeliner and shadow stick at the moment in moss/green and think its very good and easy to use (even for someone like me!)! Am going to get the brown/black/plum/pearl ones once they are all back in stock.
    img_10322.jpg?w=637&h=247

Some bad reviews on makeupalley which I defo do not agree with.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

I've never heard of the derma wheel/roller before, looks interesting. Is it safe to use lindtee? Sounds scary!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I ordered Rox Flawless Eyes from one of those shopping channels. Had a look at some reviews and a lot of people say it really works as a temporary quick fix for lines and wrinkles under the eyes.

Anyone here ever use this product before? Is it any use or a load of codswallop?

• Advertisement

Jade rollers are quite cool-looking. I don't know if they're worth the money, though.

http://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/ying-yu-rollers-jade-facial-roller-medium.html

Advertisement