Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

schuey2me wrote: »
    Ordered the No7 beauty calendar today for 45 euro.. cant wait to start opening them doors!! I dont have any No7 products so this will be a nice starter kit for me. Sorry cant add any links as a newbie :( Its on the boots website :)

Got this too, it looks great. I kind of cheated and looked at the blog post online which gave a spoiler of what is in it, great selection of things. My sister got one too and she wants to just rip it all open now haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Got MAC 'Harmony' blusher today after seeing it being mentioned on so many vlogs and blogs. It's a lovely light pinky brown colour and really is the perfect contour shade.

MAC-Harmony-Powder-Blush-630x419.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Not a recent purchase but one I hope to make - anyone recommend a nice bronzer for a deathly pale type planning to apply some (hopefully) fairly subtle fake tan for a wedding? I don't want to buy a darker foundation, is bronzer the way forward or am I kidding myself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

dee_mc wrote: »
    Not a recent purchase but one I hope to make - anyone recommend a nice bronzer for a deathly pale type planning to apply some (hopefully) fairly subtle fake tan for a wedding? I don't want to buy a darker foundation, is bronzer the way forward or am I kidding myself?

I'd choose your tan first and decide what to do with face makeup based on the colour/tone of the tan. When i use rimmel instant tan i find it has kind of a red tint to it and i use a powder bronzer from benefit that would match, but when i use a vichy body makeup for a bit of subtle colour its quite yellow based so i wouldnt use the bronzing powder I'd just use a yellow based foundation and a little blush

Tasden wrote: »
    I'd choose your tan first and decide what to do with face makeup based on the colour/tone of the tan. When i use rimmel instant tan i find it has kind of a red tint to it and i use a powder bronzer from benefit that would match, but when i use a vichy body makeup for a bit of subtle colour its quite yellow based so i wouldnt use the bronzing powder I'd just use a yellow based foundation and a little blush

Thanks for that! I picked up the Cocoa Brown night and day tanner yesterday, need to do a patch test and can choose based on that, thanks for the logic :)

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »
    Thanks for that! I picked up the Cocoa Brown night and day tanner yesterday, need to do a patch test and can choose based on that, thanks for the logic :)

I've heard this is a gorgeous brown colour and not at all orange, but is a nightmare to get off, so much so they brought out a remover for it :) this is according to my sister cause I only ever use instant stuff

I've heard this is a gorgeous brown colour and not at all orange, but is a nightmare to get off, so much so they brought out a remover for it :) this is according to my sister cause I only ever use instant stuff

Haha good to know, I saw the remover stuff but didn't think I'd need it, maybe it would be smart to pick one up! Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

sara1 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I thought cleansing balms were just another fad made popular by youtubers and the like. My sister had the Clinique Take the Day Off cleansing balm and didn't really like it, she would have problem skin with a few different problems, so offered it to me. I have eczema so my skin is quite sensitive but other than that I have normal skin, don't really get many spots and don't suffer from redness. Since using the Clinique balm my skin has never looked better.
    I had seen a lot of hype about the Emma Hardie one and was hesitant because of the price but it is brilliant and well worth the price. My skin has a glow to it, I can't think of another way of putting it.

I used the Clinique one with my Dermalogica sponge cloth and I bought my Emma Hardie one when there was a special offer so I got a face cloth with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    My skin has gotten really cranky in the last month or so; dehydrated, red, spotty and sore. I took advantage of Escentual's 1/3 off French Pharmacy offer (ends Friday), and bought the La Roche-Posay Physiological Cleansing Gel and Toleriane Fluide for a grand total of €29 including shipping. Not bad considering the two can be €17-€20 each depending on the shop.

http://www.escentual.com/la-roche-posay/larocheposay022/

http://www.escentual.com/la-roche-posay/toleriane/larocheposay003/

Crossing my fingers that a gentler approach will get things back on track.

I absolutely love La Roche-Posay skincare. I moved to California a few months ago and LRP is not as freely available here at all and it is even more expensive than at home! I'm actually waiting on a delivery from a friend with some Effaclar Duo and Toleraine Riche in it! She asked me did I want anything from home, meaning sweets or chocolate and I was like, "Please just go to Boots for me!" Great skincare line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Novella wrote: »
    I absolutely love La Roche-Posay skincare. I moved to California a few months ago and LRP is not as freely available here at all and it is even more expensive than at home! I'm actually waiting on a delivery from a friend with some Effaclar Duo and Toleraine Riche in it! She asked me did I want anything from home, meaning sweets or chocolate and I was like, "Please just go to Boots for me!" Great skincare line.

It really is great fuss-free skincare, isn't it? My skin is drying up a bit coming into winter and all of my 'fashionable' skincare seems to be making my skin even more reactive. But I think LRP will sort me out :)

Actually, Escentual's worldwide delivery is only £4.95. You might be able to snap up something from their French Pharma sale before it ends today.

http://www.escentual.com/help-and-advice/customer-services/delivery-info/#deliveryrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm going to Dublin later. I have a shopping list.

Eyeshadow: MAC copperplate, MAC gesso
    Eyeliner/lipliner: Ebony and Engraved
    Blusher: pink tea
    Foundation: want to pick up an nw10 if I can't get it, I'll pick up a bobbi brown light coverage foundation in alibastor
    Lipstick: Candy YumYum and Viva Glam 3.

If I've money left over ill pick up a global glow highlighter, nightmoth lipliner, smoulder eyeliner and maybe another lipstick. Need more eyeshadows but not today. Also want to pick up some individual lashes, and might get a set of strip from mac when I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I'm going to Dublin later. I have a shopping list.

Eyeshadow: MAC copperplate, MAC gesso
    Eyeliner/lipliner: Ebony and Engraved
    Blusher: pink tea
    Foundation: want to pick up an nw10 if I can't get it, I'll pick up a bobbi brown light coverage foundation in alibastor
    Lipstick: Candy YumYum and Viva Glam 3.

If I've money left over ill pick up a global glow highlighter, nightmoth lipliner, smoulder eyeliner and maybe another lipstick. Need more eyeshadows but not today. Also want to pick up some individual lashes, and might get a set of strip from mac when I'm there.

I have copperplate and love it, I love to use it in the crease and outer corner and then over the lid add Heather Mauve (think that's the name, its a shimmery grey colour).

It's gorgeous, and takes about 5 minutes to do, if even.

Ok since buying the Mac Painterly Paint Pot I have been putting on a bit of make up EVERY single day, a very rare occurrence for me! I also seem to have caught some kind of a bug as today I went and bought:

Urban Decay Ten 24/7 Eyeliner Set

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123932037499_-1

Maybelline Better Skin Foundation in Nude
    Maybelline Baby Skin (wanted this for ages!)
    and
    Maybelline Colour Elixir Gloss in Blush Essence (in my defence Boots had a 3 for 2 lol).

Yep I have well and truly caught the 'buy all the make up' bug!!

Love the pencils, I finally at the grand old age of 41 got the hang of using eyeliner pencils so these will come in handy. I also really really want the Black Magic pencil set. And an UD make your own palette set with my faves put in. And the same in Mac...oh dear lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I bought the Too Faced Chocolate Bar earlier this week. Sweet divine jesus, it smells wonderful! A lovely chocolate scent that doesn't stay after you apply it, just lingers nicely when you open the palette.

I've only used it twice, but it's already overtaken the original Naked palette as my go-to makeup. It has more matte and less sparkle than the UD stuff, which works better for me in terms of being work appropriate and also not getting irritating little specks of glitter in my eyes. I'm going to play around with the darker colours soon to see how it transitions from day to night, but I have high hopes!

s1578012-main-hero.jpg

Jokettle that looks lovely, how much is it if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I bought it in Italy and lost the receipt :o But I definitely didn't pay over €50! The Debenhams website has it at €44 which sounds right to me, here's the link:
    http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_154614100899_-1

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

jokettle wrote: »
    I bought the Too Faced Chocolate Bar earlier this week. Sweet divine jesus, it smells wonderful! A lovely chocolate scent that doesn't stay after you apply it, just lingers nicely when you open the palette.

I've only used it twice, but it's already overtaken the original Naked palette as my go-to makeup. It has more matte and less sparkle than the UD stuff, which works better for me in terms of being work appropriate and also not getting irritating little specks of glitter in my eyes. I'm going to play around with the darker colours soon to see how it transitions from day to night, but I have high hopes!

s1578012-main-hero.jpg

Makeup Revolution have an incredible dupe for this!

It's amazing so if the original is a bit pricy, this is definitely worth trying for £8!

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/heartmakeup/eyes/i-makeup-i-heart-chocolate.html

Superdrug are 3 for 2 at the moment & if you spend £10 or more it's free shipping (just use Parcel Motel @ €3.95).

So you could get three fab palettes for £12 or £16 depending on what combination you go for, plus €3.95.

Their palettes are all outstanding & the dupes are within a shade of being as good as the originals (see what i did there!!). :o

I really should be on commission!! :p

Thanks a mil both of you! I shall be checking them both out :)

http://www.maquillalia.com/blog/i-heart-makeup-recopilacion-de-swatches/

It's in Spanish but the pics paint a thousand words!

And here's another set of swatches.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/184366178470484224/

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bedlamaticable

Purchased two Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather Effect cream eyeshadow today. Have all the original ones but didn't realise these were out here until I stumbled across them today!
    Picked up Vintage Plum and Creamy Beige.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Moyglish

A lot of great feedback on here for Makeup Revolution, I'm really tempted!

Just wondering though for anyone that has these products, are they made in China? Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I won this product during the summer and found it brilliant. Id put it on after a day where my skin felt dry or wind blown:

http://www.laroche-posay.co.uk/product-treatments/Nutritic-Intense/Nutritic-Intense-Moisturising-Cream-p8207.aspx

So I decided to buy a day cream from the same brand and bought the one below. Oh dear god never again :( I have sensitive skin but thought id be okay as their other cream was fine on me. I came out in huge blister like welt type spots on my chin within a day as I always do when allergic to something. Its been over three weeks and im only starting to get rid of the bloody red spots now my skin was horrific for the past two weeks I had to go back to using only the basics on it to calm it down. The annoying part is i had already patch tested on my hand and it as grand. Friend asked the pharmascist as she wanted to buy me another cream for my birthday and they reckoned the breakout might have been from the UV in the product?

http://www.laroche-posay.co.uk/product-treatments/Hydraphase/HYDRAPHASE-UV-RICHE-p816.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Sandypants

Tried looking through previous posts.... But there's a lot to search through!! Just wondering If anyone can recommend a good highlighter (cheek bones) I use to use high beam from benefit, was thinking about trying nyx one. Also heard of elf but it's hard to judge the colours on line. That and also some decent enough eyeshadows that aren't to pricey. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Purchased two Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather Effect cream eyeshadow today. Have all the original ones but didn't realise these were out here until I stumbled across them today!
    Picked up Vintage Plum and Creamy Beige.

How are they? I'd like something with a little less sparkle, a bit more matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

jokettle wrote: »

Oh that really appeals to me. Think I'll have to put it on my Christmas list :)

Sandypants wrote: »
    Tried looking through previous posts.... But there's a lot to search through!! Just wondering If anyone can recommend a good highlighter (cheek bones) I use to use high beam from benefit, was thinking about trying nyx one. Also heard of elf but it's hard to judge the colours on line. That and also some decent enough eyeshadows that aren't to pricey. Thanks in advance.

Makeup Revolution does three gorgeous baked highlighters (Peach, Pink, & Golden).

I have all three & cannot recommend them highly enough.

I also have several ELF ones & they are also very good.

I tend to reach for the MUR ones daily though. :)

The MUR single eyeshadows are £1 each & have excellent pigmentation.

However, their palettes are all amazing value for money at between £4 & £8 for the majority.

There is one 100 shadow palette for £10 which is also brilliant.

Superdrug has a special offer on a 144 shadow MUR palette at €16.50 (in Tallaght & Omni Park).

You'll find it in their gift set section.

I bought it (couldn't help myself!!) & it has gorgeous colours with fab payoff!

Moyglish wrote: »
    A lot of great feedback on here for Makeup Revolution, I'm really tempted!

Just wondering though for anyone that has these products, are they made in China? Thanks! :)

Their products are developed in the UK, by Medichem International, but they are manufactured in China.

However, they are cruelty free - I checked when I first heard about them.

(They're not sold in China)

Definitely worth a punt, I doubt you will be disappointed! :)

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Moyglish

keredern wrote: »
    Their products are developed in the UK, by Medichem International, but they are manufactured in China.

However, they are cruelty free - I checked when I first heard about them.

(They're not sold in China)

Definitely worth a punt, I doubt you will be disappointed! :)

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for answering my question, I really appreciate it :)

At those prices I was thinking alright they would be made in China.

I Definitely have my eye on a few bits, I think I shall be trying them out sober rather than later :)

keredern wrote: »
    Makeup Revolution does three gorgeous baked highlighters (Peach, Pink, & Golden).

I have all three & cannot recommend them highly enough.

I also have several ELF ones & they are also very good.

I tend to reach for the MUR ones daily though. :)

The MUR single eyeshadows are £1 each & have excellent pigmentation.

However, their palettes are all amazing value for money at between £4 & £8 for the majority.

There is one 100 shadow palette for £10 which is also brilliant.

Superdrug has a special offer on a 144 shadow MUR palette at €16.50 (in Tallaght & Omni Park).

You'll find it in their gift set section.

I bought it (couldn't help myself!!) & it has gorgeous colours with fab payoff!

Does the Superdrug in Tallaght have an MUR stand with all the other palettes etc on it or just the big palette? Wouldn't mind a couple of those palettes and some cheap as chips new lipsticks too!

• Advertisement

donna35 wrote: »
    Does the Superdrug in Tallaght have an MUR stand with all the other palettes etc on it or just the big palette? Wouldn't mind a couple of those palettes and some cheap as chips new lipsticks too!

No, only Omni have the MUR stand.

Tallaght just have a few gift sets from MUR.

They're listed on their website under 'Christmas gifts for her' in the makeup listing.

http://www.superdrug.com/Christmas-Makeup-Gift-Sets-for-Her/c/christmas-makeup-gift-sets-for-her?resultsForPage=60&q=%3Aname-asc&minSel=2.0&maxSel=90.0&minSlider=2.0&maxSlider=90.0&resultsForPage=20&text=#

There is a fab one for £12.50 with full sized products.

I bought it & it's just fab! :o

http://www.superdrug.com/Makeup-Revolution/Makeup-Revolution-Pro-Makeup-Collection/p/271302#.VFgdYPSsXXc

And this is amazing value also;

http://www.superdrug.com/Makeup-Revolution/Makeup-Revolution-144-Eyeshadow-Collection/p/270841

Advertisement