Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Sandypants

keredern wrote: »
    Makeup Revolution does three gorgeous baked highlighters (Peach, Pink, & Golden).

I have all three & cannot recommend them highly enough.

I also have several ELF ones & they are also very good.

I tend to reach for the MUR ones daily though. :)

The MUR single eyeshadows are £1 each & have excellent pigmentation.

However, their palettes are all amazing value for money at between £4 & £8 for the majority.

There is one 100 shadow palette for £10 which is also brilliant.

Superdrug has a special offer on a 144 shadow MUR palette at €16.50 (in Tallaght & Omni Park).

You'll find it in their gift set section.

I bought it (couldn't help myself!!) & it has gorgeous colours with fab payoff!

Thanks for replying bit the bullet on the elf products & ordered some...(got carried away!) I'll have a look for the revolution products and the palettes you mentioned... Love an aul bargain!! Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

I have that chocolate bar pallette by TooFaced, and I use it every day. I wouldn't have felt like using eyemakeup much before I bought it but it's nice to use so I wear it every day now.

Dr. Bronner's liquid castille soap for cleaning brushes, cheaper than brush cleaner, fast, efficient and leaves the brushes in perfect condition.

I also bought Essence eyebrow pencil a few months back. It's as good as, and will last far longer than the overpriced Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz that I used before.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

No, only Omni have the MUR stand.

Tallaght just have a few gift sets from MUR.

They're listed on their website under 'Christmas gifts for her' in the makeup listing.

http://www.superdrug.com/Christmas-Makeup-Gift-Sets-for-Her/c/christmas-makeup-gift-sets-for-her?resultsForPage=60&q=%3Aname-asc&minSel=2.0&maxSel=90.0&minSlider=2.0&maxSlider=90.0&resultsForPage=20&text=#

There is a fab one for £12.50 with full sized products.

I bought it & it's just fab! :o

http://www.superdrug.com/Makeup-Revolution/Makeup-Revolution-Pro-Makeup-Collection/p/271302#.VFgdYPSsXXc

And this is amazing value also;

http://www.superdrug.com/Makeup-Revolution/Makeup-Revolution-144-Eyeshadow-Collection/p/270841

Really like the look of the 12.50 one you got! Will watch out for that if I'm near Superdrug thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

I got a sample of GlamGlow masque (the black one). It's great for dry skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Love the 3 for 2 in Boots! Picked up 17 Stay Pout lipstick in Rule Breaker, 17 contour palette and the Julianne Moore red matte lipstick for L'Oreal.

Will be calling back for Rimmel velvet matte nail polishes! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

RosyLily wrote: »
    Love the 3 for 2 in Boots! Picked up 17 Stay Pout lipstick in Rule Breaker, 17 contour palette and the Julianne Moore red matte lipstick for L'Oreal.

Will be calling back for Rimmel velvet matte nail polishes! :D

That's pretty similar to my 3 for 2 purchases :o

I got the 17 Falsifeye HD Mascara, the 17 Stay Time Concealer and the L'Oréal Collection Privée lipstick in Eva's Nude.

I only went in to buy deodorant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    That's pretty similar to my 3 for 2 purchases :o

I got the 17 Falsifeye HD Mascara, the 17 Stay Time Concealer and the L'Oréal Collection Privée lipstick in Eva's Nude.

I only went in to buy deodorant!

I only went in to check out the new shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I went in to buy deodorant the other day too and came out with loads of bits on 3 for 2...and no deodorant :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Just ordered myself this on the boots website :)

http://www.boots.com/en/Origins-Mask-Marvels-Gift-Set_1526754/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Just ordered myself this on the boots website :)

http://www.boots.com/en/Origins-Mask-Marvels-Gift-Set_1526754/

I've just bought this too, I've never used origins before so I'm very excited!

Recently I've got another EL double wear foundation and concealer, mac msfn and flower bomb perfume! !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Was reading your posts about make up revolution and am very excited as I just ordered lots of make up!!!!!! Hope it arrives in time for my birthday next weekend!!!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

I bought rimmel's 3d mascara today for €6.99 and I have to say it's great, it grabs every little hair...needs two coats but well worth it for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

lukesmom wrote: »
    Was reading your posts about make up revolution and am very excited as I just ordered lots of make up!!!!!! Hope it arrives in time for my birthday next weekend!!!!???

Brilliant birthday present!!! :D

You will not be disappointed.

What did you buy? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Brilliant birthday present!!! :D

You will not be disappointed.

What did you buy? :)

Ultra Cover and Conceal Palette
    The One Foundation Shade 8
    MUR BLUSH LACQUER HEART 9G
    Brow Kit - Light Medium
    Baked Eyeshadows Choc Delight
    Cream Blush Peach Cream
    Nail Polish You need love
    Lip Gloss Tube Touch
    Amazing Curl mascara Black Brown
    Amazing Lipgloss Coral
    Highlighter Pink Lights
    HappyLips Love Pink
    Nail Polish Who got the look
    Redemption Palette Matte Brights

First time using parcel motel

Ooooooooh the excitement!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Got new inglot eyeshadows. Great pigment, and easy to blend. I prefer these even more than mac.

xkzj9e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

lukesmom wrote: »
    Ultra Cover and Conceal Palette
    The One Foundation Shade 8
    MUR BLUSH LACQUER HEART 9G
    Brow Kit - Light Medium
    Baked Eyeshadows Choc Delight
    Cream Blush Peach Cream
    Nail Polish You need love
    Lip Gloss Tube Touch
    Amazing Curl mascara Black Brown
    Amazing Lipgloss Coral
    Highlighter Pink Lights
    HappyLips Love Pink
    Nail Polish Who got the look
    Redemption Palette Matte Brights

First time using parcel motel

Ooooooooh the excitement!!!

Oh I do know that excitement!!!:P

Please post back once you have them...dying to know what you think of everything! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Got new inglot eyeshadows. Great pigment, and easy to blend. I prefer these even more than mac.

I love your eyebrows! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I've been looking at the Makeup Revolution website for the past while and have picked out about 20 things that I want... Wish I wasn't so broke right now! The main bits I want are Iconic 3 and Essential Mattes pallettes, Brow Dual Ultra Brow Arch & Shape and a few lipsticks.

I've been wanting a bright purple lipstick forever and MUR's Depraved is a hell of a lot cheaper than OCC Rollergirl which I've been lusting after for a while. Does anyone here have it? Are the lipsticks decent?

Needed a new mascara as while i felt the essence princess one was great value for money and looked good it felt like it dried my lashes.

Got this bourjois one and its fabulous! lovely deep black, makes my lashes thick, really like it!

http://www.boots.ie/en/Bourjois-Volume-Glamour-Push-Up-mascara_1538948/

I buoght this one as well but dont like it as much

http://www.boots.ie/en/Bourjois-Volume-Glamour-Max-Mascara-10ml_1238030/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I was inspired to go to Superdrug in Omni yesterday to check out MUR and get some of my old MUA favourites... But both stands were half sold out! :( disappointed isn't the word!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

^^^
    Same. Was in boots yesterday to pick up some Sleek bits - there was only one of the lip liner I wanted and it had already been opened and used. Ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I've been looking at the Makeup Revolution website for the past while and have picked out about 20 things that I want... Wish I wasn't so broke right now! The main bits I want are Iconic 3 and Essential Mattes pallettes, Brow Dual Ultra Brow Arch & Shape and a few lipsticks.

I've been wanting a bright purple lipstick forever and MUR's Depraved is a hell of a lot cheaper than OCC Rollergirl which I've been lusting after for a while. Does anyone here have it? Are the lipsticks decent?

Here's a pic of me wearing Depraved. I love it. It's pigmented, smells great and comfortable to wear. Not the longest lasting but decent enough. I mean for £1 you really can't go wrong. I've swatches of about 6 MUR lipsticks if you want to see. Let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Here's a pic of me wearing Depraved. I love it. It's pigmented, smells great and comfortable to wear. Not the longest lasting but decent enough. I mean for £1 you really can't go wrong. I've swatches of about 6 MUR lipsticks if you want to see. Let me know :)

Your skin is flawless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Thank you! Think I might have to get it, even though it looks a little less bright than I would ideally like (OCC Rollergirl is neon purple, and that's what I want - not exactly a shrinking violet here :p). Good that it's pigmented and easy to wear; expected that it wouldn't be hugely long-lasting but that's grand seeing as it's so cheap. Also, wish I could do my eyeliner half as well as you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Bought the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation in duty free on my way back from London, hoping it lasts as long as it's meant to. I have ridiculously oily skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

anna080 wrote: »
    Your skin is flawless!

Thanks so much. It's the Kat Von D tattoo foundation and Mac prolongwear concealer. Can't live without them now! :)
    Thank you! Think I might have to get it, even though it looks a little less bright than I would ideally like (OCC Rollergirl is neon purple, and that's what I want - not exactly a shrinking violet here :p). Good that it's pigmented and easy to wear; expected that it wouldn't be hugely long-lasting but that's grand seeing as it's so cheap. Also, wish I could do my eyeliner half as well as you can!

Yeah it definitely seems less bright than I've seen in some swatches. More lilac. However they do sell a load of other purple colours including another lipstick in Make it Right and a velvet lip lacquer thingy. Might be more what you're looking for?

And thanks. I love liquid eyeliner :) I use the Physician's Formula 2 in 1 lash boosting eyeliner. It's honestly just the best and the easiest to use!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I'm contemplating buying the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. My skin is in an absolute state lately, and nothing is giving me enough coverage.

If anyone has any thoughts to share on it, fire away :)

my origins mask set arrived yesterday :)

My chin is also starting to look less like I have a beard rash so I am less inclined to want to put a bag over my face. My mum gave me this stuff called 'acnecide' with 5% peroxide and it was the only thing to put a dent in the allergy inspried spots that nothing else (including sudocreme) couldnt shift!

Tried the 'out of trouble' mask last night and its kind of awesome its white clay mask and smells of menthol. Left my face nice after. It came with the drink up mask that you leave on over ngiht and the pore charcoal one that i'll try next week if the dreaded spots have finally left me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I'm contemplating buying the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. My skin is in an absolute state lately, and nothing is giving me enough coverage.

If anyone has any thoughts to share on it, fire away :)

I've noticed ilyana that you tend to use quite heavy foundation. I am wondering if perhaps this is contributing to your breakouts? I know myself if I wear a full coverage foundation, my skin is in bits. The prolong wear foundation from mac made my entire face break out.

It's a vicious circle, wear full coverage makeup because you have bad skin, and then full coverage foundation is making it worse, so you need it more than ever.

Is there anyway you'd get away with BB cream for a while?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Went to boots on my way home from college today......BIG MISTAKE!!!
    I ended up buying the origins mask set http://www.boots.ie/en/Origins-Mask-Marvels-Gift-Set_1526754/
    L'Oréal Paris Revitalift Laser Renew Peeling Lotion Night (for the 3%glycolic acid) http://www.boots.ie/en/LOreal-Paris-Revitalift-Laser-Renew-Peeling-Lotion-Night_1493102/
    Indeed Labs Facial Powdered Exfoliator http://www.boots.ie/en/Indeed-Labs-Facial-Powdered-Exfoliator_1461294/
    No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Lotion http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Beautiful-Skin-Cleansing-Lotion-for-Normal-Dry-Skin-200ml_1245012/
    Simple Kind To Skin Protecting Light Moisturiser SPF 15 http://www.boots.ie/en/Simple-Kind-To-Skin-Protecting-Light-Moisturiser-SPF-15-UVA-UVB-125ml_1381994/

Can't wait to try them out now!!

Advertisement