Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Lots of stuff in the post box this morning :D Reviews will be up on my site tomorrow for most things :)

Sigma sent me my welcome pack with my free brush :)
    262203_10150225160462259_833992258_7161639_236533_n.jpg

Deadly blending brush :) (E25)
    253900_10150225160537259_833992258_7161640_4400871_n.jpg

Polishes I ordered off Ebay :D
    263749_10150225160587259_833992258_7161641_2104070_n.jpg

Sugarpill Cosmetics Goody :) Addicted To Pretty Eyeshadow Palette - Sweet Heart
    263881_10150225160682259_833992258_7161642_7906800_n.jpg
    251035_10150225160767259_833992258_7161643_1178562_n.jpg

I mades my first sale for Eyeko :D Love free stuff :)
    260475_10150225160862259_833992258_7161644_7122619_n.jpg

Let me know if you have any details :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 subrosachick

I love my elf All Over Colour Stick in Pink Lemonade. I use it on my cheeks, lips and even eyes. I'm also very fond of their mineral mascara. My other faves are No.7 stick concealor for hiding blemishes, L'Oreal Chrome Shine Eyeshadow in Midnight Stars, RevitaLash for giving my eyelashes a boost and Seche Vite Dry Fast Topcoat for drying nailpolish in a flash, which is great if you're as impatient as I am;)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

I got the boots no.7 hot cloth cleanser at the weekend on the recommendations of some of you lovely ladies and have to say my skin felt amazing afterwards so just wanted to say thanks for sharing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

emzibob wrote: »
    I got the boots no.7 hot cloth cleanser at the weekend on the recommendations of some of you lovely ladies and have to say my skin felt amazing afterwards so just wanted to say thanks for sharing :D

I got it too about a week ago! I really only had the chance to use it twice so far, but it's a lovely feeling after :)

Thanks to an amazing Boardsie I was reminded of a cashback website I was joined to. When I signed in yesterday I had found out I has 8.50 cashback so I withdrew it into my Paypal account :D

I've been wanting this palette since I seen a few reviews on it so I decided since it was technically free that I'd get it with the money!

Sleek Acid iDivine Palette
    sleekacidpalette1.jpg

I purchased mine from ebay but you can order online on the Sleek makeup site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

wat cashback website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Picked up a few bits today!!

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly, first ever paint pot, seems nice! €19
    I'm so pale so it looks dark, I get oily lids so thought this would nice if I'm just wearing no shadow!

img0160g.jpg

img0138vqf.jpg

Popped into boots, 2 hair sprays for €3.50 seem good had to test them! :p Collection 2000 Concealer LOVE (got few weeks ago unsure of price)
    EcoTools Concealer brush €6.49
    Dove Summer Glow €3.15

img0141fj.jpg

This doesn't count as cosmetic but I'll pop it here too! New hairband! Penneys €3!

img0145zn.th.jpg
    img0152q.th.jpg

I'm addicted to this thread!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Can someone tell me a bit more about the no7 hot cloth cleanser? Is it for everyday use? Does it heat up like one of those thermal face masks or do you just microwave the cloth?? Also what kind of skin is it suitable for? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

kandr10 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me a bit more about the no7 hot cloth cleanser? Is it for everyday use? Does it heat up like one of those thermal face masks or do you just microwave the cloth?? Also what kind of skin is it suitable for? Thanks :)

I LOVE it! My skin is combination, oily on parts and dry in parts. You rub it onto a dry face then rinse the cloth in warm water. Put the cloth on your face then buff away the cleanser with the cloth.

I've been used it for a couple on months now and it's my favourite cleanser ever! Use it once in the morning and at night twice, once to remove my make up and another to cleanse.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

I bought the coastel scents 88 warm palette and I am so disappointed.

The eyeshadow falls all over my face and the pigmentation is not great.

I bought it due to the good reviews of their stuff from here but I must be doing something wrong as it is (IMO) crap :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

verywell wrote: »

I bought it due to the good reviews of their stuff from here but I must be doing something wrong as it is (IMO) crap :(

I have the 120 palette and feel the exact same. Waste of money, made my eyes water like crazy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

I know and it is killing me at the thought of having to throw it out. What a complete waste of precious money :(

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

verywell wrote: »

I thought the same thing about the 88 warm palette. The earlier ones are better esp the 88 shimmer palette. Also coastal scents buy these palettes from china and up the price so the ones on ebay are the same but cheaper. I didn't think the 120 palette (1st edition) was as bad as the 88 wam palette but its not great either. More info here if interested: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056307369&page=2

Regarding the good reviews.. I think that so many people have these palettes and hear these buzz words like "great pigmentation" and just repeat what they've heard other people say. I personally would only trust reviews from people on youtube etc that I already watch (eg xsparkage pixiwoo makeupbytiffanyd etc).. otherwise I would judge for myself by what is shown in the review and not by what they say. The earlier palettes are very good.. I think people who say the warm palette is also good maybe don't know what they're talking about and because they heard others say the original palettes were good they assume these are too. Either that or they haven't tried them properly before reviewing them and assume again that it will be good like the originals.

MAC Lipstick in Shy Girl :D

I won this on ebay today for under 7 quid with free P&P

MCF317.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

coralista.th.jpg

Stocked up on this today - Love it!

coralista.th.jpg

Stocked up on this today - Love it!

Ooh! I love blushes let me know how it goes :D

I got a message from the ebay user that I won the MAC lipstick from informing me she was sending me another MAC lipstick to make up for noticing a dent in the other lipstick made by the lid

MAC - Ravishing
    macravishing__09348.jpg

Beautiful coral lipstick :D

Two MAC lipsticks for under 7 euro isn't bad at all :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Asphyxia wrote: »

I absolutely love Coralista! It's so good I once had a boy tell me I have the "prettiest" cheeks ever! :pac: If a boy notices blusher, it must be wonderful!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Went on a bit of a spree in Bobbi Brown for the first time ever.

E1PG_l.jpg

Got this in porcelain, it's lovely. Great coverage and a perfect colour match! I'm happy out, I can never get foundation to suit me.

E0XF_l.jpg

Got this in pale yellow. Doesn't give much off a colour but it sets nicely.

Finally I got
    E100_l.jpg
    in sandwash pink, it's very nice, really natural and flattering.

lizt wrote: »

E1PG_l.jpg

Got this in porcelain, it's lovely. Great coverage and a perfect colour match! I'm happy out, I can never get foundation to suit me.

E0XF_l.jpg

Got this in pale yellow. Doesn't give much off a colour but it sets nicely.

Finally I got
    E100_l.jpg
    in sandwash pink, it's very nice, really natural and flattering.
    lizt where did you get those and how much? :o

• Advertisement

booboo88 wrote: »
    lizt where did you get those and how much? :o

Went to arnotts, total was about 80 euro :eek: I think. But I deserved it :p

ooh i so need a trip to dublin:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

lizt wrote: »

E1PG_l.jpg

I am in love with bobbi brown foundation, for pale girls especially the colours are perfect! lasts months too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Asphyxia wrote: »

You love everything :D:D:D

I am in love with bobbi brown foundation, for pale girls especially the colours are perfect! lasts months too!

me too!! pasty and proud :)

Same... first foundation that does look orange or yellow on me! And I hardly have to use any of it to get good coverage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Just buying some e.l.f. cosmetics with the 50% discount, can anyone recommend what all over colour stick to get.. would the permission be very pink?? or would spotlight be better..? I use the highbeam sometimes and I am wondering is it similar to that?

any other elf things to buy while there is 50% off!? too much effort to look through the entire thread!!!

cork*girl wrote: »
    Just buying some e.l.f. cosmetics with the 50% discount, can anyone recommend what all over colour stick to get.. would the permission be very pink?? or would spotlight be better..? I use the highbeam sometimes and I am wondering is it similar to that?

any other elf things to buy while there is 50% off!? too much effort to look through the entire thread!!!

I love their studio stipple brush, conditioning lip balm and mineral eye liner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

I need to tell the staff in MAC that if they see me coming, they need to push me back out the door immediately...

138- tapered brush for contouring, highlighting and application of powder products
    mac138.jpg

188- small duo fibre brush for application of cream blushes, highlighters, bronzers
    M76L.jpg

217 -blending brush- have one of these already I use to place colour in the crease before blending with a 222- this new one will be used to buff concealer under the eyes
    mac217.jpg

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Give Me Sun! for contouring when I have false tan on
    1298588999-21275-0.jpg

MAC kohl liner in Fascinating for my water line to make eyes appear larger
    mac-eye-care-1-36g-0-048oz-eye-kohl-fascinating-women.jpg

Pro pan shadow in Blanc Type for lid and browbone colour
    mac+blanc+type.jpg

It all came to about €165. Banning myself from MAC for four weeks starting now!

• Advertisement

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    You love everything :D:D:D

I know! I'm a total sucker for anything beauty :):)

Advertisement