Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Novella wrote: »
    No7-Essential-Moisture-Day-Cream.jpg

No. 7 Essential Moisture Day Cream. I bought this because I had a 7.50 off voucher. Wouldn't buy it again. It somehow makes my skin feel even more dry!
    I use the No. 7 rehydrating cream, in the same tub as above and it is fantastic. Give it a week and you will def see a difference!
    Tayla wrote: »
    If you see this
    vo5b.jpg

Then BUY IT!!

It is absolutely amazing, I mentioned it in another thread, it contains argan oil, is so much better than Moroccan oil and I do love my mococcan oil! It was only 5 or 6 euro in superdrug!

I saw a review for the miracle mist, supposed to be great for holidays but can't seem to find it anywhere. Would that product be similar?^^

Girls I only stumbled across this forum yesterday! Have a long list of things I want to try.. Oh god, gonna cost a fortune. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I agree, this forum is detrimental to my wages :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

SexyD4Lady wrote: »

It all came to about €165. Banning myself from MAC for four weeks starting now!

That is some SERIOUS shoppin! Love it and am very jealous. I so want that MAC 217 brush but every single time i go to buy myself a decent makeup brush i back out, because i just cant justify it.Im getting paid on Thursday so im starting my proper brush collection from then. Ive waited too long!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Cadyboo wrote: »

I saw a review for the miracle mist, supposed to be great for holidays but can't seem to find it anywhere. Would that product be similar?^^

They're from the same range so I presume it would be similar, the mist looks like it would be maybe a lighter version but miracle concentrate would be pretty light on your hair anyway so it would be hard to use too much
    :)
    If you can't find the miracle mist you might also struggle to find the miracle concentrate but i've seen them in Tesco and Superdrug!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Managed to get an order in on ELF last night. Ordered - Eye Widener, Lip Liner, Tinted Moisturiser, Kabuki Brush, Duo eye shadow cream, Waterproof eyeliner pen, Liquid Eyeshadow, Plumping lip glaze, waterproof lengthening and strengthening Mascara and High Definition Powder. Came to £16.95 delivered. Think the 50% off offer ends tomorrow, but as others have said, it may take a while to get your order in because of all the traffic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Brought it home and was delighted at the content, it's only two bottles, conditioner, a pair of gloves in a nifty little clear Kinder egg container and a pump. So much easier than the tube of cream and then the sachet of lightener along with the liquid when going blonde. The gloves are also lovely, really come on and off with ease, nice soft feel and the conditioner is one of the nicest I have smelt that comes with hair dye.

However saying that it really kills me that even though the content is brilliant, the pay off is not so much. After the recommended 30 minutes I washed it off and my hair was more like 40 Pure Dark Brown (5 shades darker). Now I'm not sure how this happened (yes I bought the right colour) but it really annoyed me that it fell flat at the last hurdle and I'm left with a really dark colour I will now have to go and spend more money on to fix.
    For less hassle and content quality I would give it 5/5 but it's just one of those products that shows you that not everything can cut corners and still look great. For it's purpose, at least for that colour I would give it 2/5 and not recommend it.

2/5 because while it's too dark, the conditioner is lovely, my hair is soft and shiny and the actual process was simple. It's such a shame that it went wrong though! Perhaps if you are still curious I would go with a lighter colour but I have read that even the dark blonde makes you go brunette so be careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I got these sent to me this morning from Eyeko.com to review.

Eyeko Fat Balm

267479_10150242442517259_833992258_7235685_716282_n.jpg

From left to right: Cherry, Toffee, Minty, Frosting, Strawberry, Strawberry

261679_10150242443187259_833992258_7235687_7261493_n.jpg

These are a lip and cheek balm and smell absolutely gorgeous :D My favorite is frosting :)

For some reason they sent me an extra Strawberry so a lovely Boardsie is going to give it a nice home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Asphyxia wrote: »
    I got these sent to me this morning from Eyeko.com to review.

Eyeko Fat Balm

267479_10150242442517259_833992258_7235685_716282_n.jpg

From left to right: Cherry, Toffee, Minty, Frosting, Strawberry, Strawberry

261679_10150242443187259_833992258_7235687_7261493_n.jpg

These are a lip and cheek balm and smell absolutely gorgeous :D My favorite is frosting :)

For some reason they sent me an extra Strawberry so a lovely Boardsie is going to give it a nice home :D

Is eyeko stuff good? I want to try it but I don't like the packaging so it's kinda putting me off!

lizt wrote: »
    Is eyeko stuff good? I want to try it but I don't like the packaging so it's kinda putting me off!

I love the brand :D My favorite thing is there graffiti eyeliner pen, if you only get one item get that :)

I think the packaging is quite cute :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I know its been asked before, but could you post a link to your blog please Asphyxia:) Or I think you can add a link to your profile. Would be very interested in reading it.

• Advertisement

Hiya it's in my sub already but I'l add it as my homepage as well :)

ihazabeautyblog.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Asphyxia please could you let me know what you think of the toffee fat balm? Have been eyeing it up for a while I have the strawberry one at home but the colour doesnt suit me that well

Asphyxia please could you let me know what you think of the toffee fat balm? Have been eyeing it up for a while I have the strawberry one at home but the colour doesnt suit me that well

I sure will :D I'm going to wear the different shades for a whole day each, today I'm wearing Cherry but I'll put on Toffee tomorrow so I can't let you know tomorrow night :)

My first impression of Toffee is it smells amazing, a lovely toffee fragrance :) I swatched it on my arm and it has a nice sheen it's the most nude shade of the lot and I love my nude shades :rolleyes: I'll give my full review tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Purchased from eBay

Clinique High Impact Lipstick - Red-y To Go - €4

clinique-high-impact-lip-colour-red-y-to-wear.jpg

Bobbi Brown Lip Pallete - eBay - £8

$(KGrHqMOKj8E34eBIGGpBOB5+05kEg~~_12.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Bought a few things from Avon and got my order the other day! Not too impressed with all my purchases though :mad:!

I got glazewear lipstick in coral bliss, its a lovely colour and comes in a really nice gold applicator but it doesn't last long at all, bit disappointed with it!

Got the Fergie perfume- Outspoken- undecided whether I like it or not. Its a really strong 'cheap' smell when you put it on at first, nothing like it what it smells like when you rub the page in the catolgue, but after awhile it does start to smell nice. I think it'll be a perfume I'll have to put on awhile before I go out and not bring it out with me to reapply-although it seems to last for ages, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Next is the clearskin professional toning pads- don't like these at all they leave my face feeling really sticky! Very disappointed especially as I bought two packs!

Lastly I got solutions plus alcohol free hydrating toner, this is really good. Leaves my skin feeling really fresh and smooth!

Overall a disappointing experience with Avon, I think in future I'll stick to shops where I can actually sample what I am buying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I placed my first elf order today after all the persuasion on here :) I'm so dim though I mis read the fifty percent off offer and thought it ended at three today not yesterday so there is me shopping like mad at half two only to realise the offer was over

I did however get lots of nice things for less than twenty euro including two nail polishes a facial whip a multiple and a lip gloss. Can't wait for them all to arrive now will post a pic of my haul when it arrives!

Asphyxia thanks so much for that! I love eyeko been buying the cream since it was first out about years ago

I love Catrice products sooooo much so its about time i did a proper review of some with nice pics. I went looking for the new Ballerina range after work today, but they have a range called Papagena out at the minute.Its like a funky jungle theme and i really like it. This is what i bought:

Nail Varnish €2.79 called Enter the Undergrowth :D Love love love this colour. I quickly put it over my nail in this pic but thats pretty much the colour. I have loads of their varnishes. 8/10
    nailvarnish.jpg

A quatro eyeshadow called Birds of a Feather €5.49. I havent tried this on my eyes yet but i absolutely love all of the colours, even the yellow, which has a bit of a gold shimmer that cant be seen in the pic (perfect for inner corner of eye). The bottom left colour looks brown, but its actually a dark moss green colour again with a very hint of gold shimmer. 8/10 for looks so far but will have to see what its like on.

029yi.jpg

Lastly. This product is a strange one and i cant decide if i like it or not. If you know Smashbox they have a lip balm thing in a tube (cant remember what its called) but it comes out clear/very light pink and progressively gets more pinker. Well this is the same and its so misleading, in kind of a fun way. I like the way it surprised me :p

This is the packaging. Its described as a "crystal clear glosstick" and looks orange when you open it. I tried the tester, looked in mirror and thought it was just a lip balm.Paid for my stuff and by the time i got back to the car my lips were this bright raspberry pink. Its like a stain and so weird. I got a shock lol when i got to the car but i dont dislike it, i need to give it a few more tries. The colour lasts ages. 5/10 (only because im not sure of colour yet).

tigerlilyd.jpgopenr.jpg

I bought a few other things, but im too knackered to review them :D All this uploading pics takes ages!!!! Oh..if anyone wants to know how i did the photos go to Picnik.com ("Create" section, then "frames" and choose "polaroid") ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭sexymama

Hi all,just registered.:)
    Can someone tell me if Penneys in Blanch does the Catrice or Essence?
    Dying to get my hands on some and my local Dunnes and Penneys don't do them here in the sticks!

Thanks

sexymama wrote: »
    Hi all,just registered.:)
    Can someone tell me if Penneys in Blanch does the Catrice or Essence?
    Dunnes in Blanch definitely do Catrice. It was in the "food" ground level in the toiletries aisle the last time i was there. I adore this range and i hope they keep their prices affordable. I also love their Photofinish foundation, which i reviewed awhile ago on here too. You can get soooo much for €20 its amazing. Their nail varnishes are my guilty pleasure (less than €2.50)...unreal and are really good quality.

I might aswell do my review on the one Essence thing i bought today...back in a few minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Asphyxia wrote: »
    I got a message from the ebay user that I won the MAC lipstick from informing me she was sending me another MAC lipstick to make up for noticing a dent in the other lipstick made by the lid

MAC - Ravishing
    macravishing__09348.jpg

Beautiful coral lipstick :D

Two MAC lipsticks for under 7 euro isn't bad at all :D:D

Love the colour!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭sexymama

anniehoo wrote: »
    Dunnes in Blanch definitely do Catrice. It was in the "food" ground level in the toiletries aisle the last time i was there. I adore this range and i hope they keep their prices affordable. I also love their Photofinish foundation, which i reviewed awhile ago on here too. You can get soooo much for €20 its amazing. Their nail varnishes are my guilty pleasure (less than €2.50)...unreal and are really good quality.

I might aswell do my review on the one Essence thing i bought today...back in a few minutes!

Thanks anniehoo, will be in there the next time I am up in Blanch:D

sexymama

On the Essence buzz now :D Ok, so aswell as the Catrice stuff above ( i got everything for less than 20 quid by the way) i also bought this on the spur of the moment. I dont generally wear "blue" of anything on my eyes.

This is: Holographic eyeliner 4ml in Blue Ray. Sorry pic isnt great the sellotape is still around the middle.

essencev.jpg

Its OK, not bad...just alright. I put a bit on my eyes in the chemist (5.30pm) and now that i look it has faded a bit already.Its a dark royal blue glittery liner with a soft brush rather than a nib. Its quite watery also. But, this isnt bad as a daytime "colourful" liner but i wouldnt use this for nighttime or an all day liner. 5/10. It was €2 (something)..price tag is ripped in half.

Swatch

swatchv.jpg

ps. Loving Picnik.com for doing cool photos (more than the products almost lol) and uploaded using Imageshack. Ill happily do up a "step by step guide" if anyones interested ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Does anywhere in Mullingar seller Catrice products?

Dunnes and Penneys don't sell it as I have never seen it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Yesterday I decided to treat myself, So I went out and bought some new makeup :)
    I bought:

Benefit High Beam - I LOVE this, it lasts all day and gives a nice sheen to my foundation, and i use it around my eyes to make them look more awake, its probably my favourite purchase in a long time! I highly recommend it, though, it is quite expencive, around €26, but MeMeMe (available in superdrug) makes a great dupe for it, called 'beat the blues' in moonbeam - its a dead ringer!

Benefit Posietint- I wasnt too impressed with this tbh, it might be something to do with my skin tone (im veryyy pale, but my skin is very pinkish) and this, when applied to my cheeks, just makes me look too hot or sunburned or something, im not really sure tbh, but it isnt nice, but im sure it would look great on people with a less pinkish skin tone, as for usage on the lips, i found that it wasnt very noticable :/ But again, it could look great on someone else :) The texture is really nice, its like a cool gel, and it blends great, but beware, dont apply it over a matt foundation - its doesnt really work out too well..

Benefit Cha Cha Tint- I adore this! At first it kind of intimidated me, its bright orange/mango coloured when you see it on the brush, but when you wear it on your cheeks it gives a lovely coral flush, and when used on the lips (provided you dont overdo it!) it can give a great tint to your lips, not too much, not too little! I highly recommend it!

Maybelline One by One Volum' Express Mascarra- This is great! The brush is nice and big, and it has combs on it rather than bristles, which imo is far more effective than a brush. The formula doesn't flake on me, and it holds a curl pretty well, and it lasts the whole day too! The only downside is that it isnt very lengthening, but i have very long lashes, so it doesn't bother me too much, but if you are looking for a good lengthening mascarra, this mightn't be the one for you.

And Urban Decay Ink for Eyes in Zero, Benefit Creaseless Cream in Bunny Hop
    and Benefit Lemon Aid are in the mail from Amazon
    And on Monday I'm planning on buying Mac Face and Body Foundation and Mac Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder

Anybody have any experience with these mac products? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Got myself YSL's Peach Passion last week. Rather pricey at around e30 but it's the most beautiful lipstick case I've ever seen! The application is so smooth also and the colour is lovely! Would like to buy a few more of these!

YSL+Rouge+Volupte+13+Peach+Passion.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Indiego wrote: »
    And on Monday I'm planning on buying Mac Face and Body Foundation and Mac Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder

Anybody have any experience with these mac products? :)

Mac Face and Body is fantastic. I have used it all over! Nice, very light coverage for foundation, also works well mixed with some moisturiser. I avoid tan, but have used F&B on my shoulders, back and legs when a little colour was needed. Big fan of this product!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Pythia wrote: »
    Got myself YSL's Peach Passion last week. Rather pricey at around e30 but it's the most beautiful lipstick case I've ever seen! The application is so smooth also and the colour is lovely! Would like to buy a few more of these!

Hi Pythia,
    That's a gorgeous colour! What's the finish like on it? Do you find it lasts well?
    Can anyone tell me how much a mac lippie would be? I'm on the hunt for the perfect one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Got Benefit Pocket Pal - Benetint Lip Stain & Clear Gloss on ebay for about 5 euro :D

P127208_hero.jpg

It's great, really like it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Bought Urban Decay's Ink for Eyes in a gorgeous navy blue colour, as well as their 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil in Rehab, a rusty brown colour.

Also picked up Clinique's Chubby Stick in Strawberry, it's lovely and natural and feels very light :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Tayla wrote: »
    If you see this
    vo5b.jpg

Then BUY IT!!

It is absolutely amazing, I mentioned it in another thread, it contains argan oil, is so much better than Moroccan oil and I do love my mococcan oil! It was only 5 or 6 euro in superdrug!

Stumbled across this in Boots today and remembered seeing it so highly recommended and snatched up the last bottle before anyone else could get it :P. Can't wait to try it out :D

Advertisement