Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I really enjoyed using Ultrabland, it's pretty nourishing but not too heavy. I only stopped using it because it expired after just a month, and because I ended up with a terrible hormone-related breakout that left my skin too sore to use face cloths. But if you don't mind repurchasing it regularly, it's a great little cleanser.

Just wondering whether anyone here has seen decent results from the La Roche-Posay Redermic R? I've got bad spot scars that I'd like to clear up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

nursemar88 can you PM me as well? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

nursemar88 can I get in on this brush action too please! It sounds too good to be true :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Hate asking but could you pm me too Nursemar88:o Or if the mods allow it, post it on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

nursemar88 wrote: »
    So finally got my eBay brushes that look to be dupes for that Sigma Sigmax set. They seem very soft and densely packed. I'll have to see how well they work and how they wash. But 10 brushes cost just €9 including shipping :)

I got the white version of these and have been using them for a few weeks...mine absolutely stunk of paint at first - I gave them a good wash and it did get rid of most of the smell.

Other than that I really like them - I have a pretty simple makeup routine though so half them wont really be used. I found that there was no really suitable for applying powder but have a real techniques brush I use for this anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Penzo16

I bought it as well during the week purely because my Bourjois had run out and the Rimmel was on offer so I said I'd give it a try. I found it very thick and heavy compared to Bourjois. It's alright for the moment, but I'll go back to Bourjois.

I found it the same tbh, I hadn't used the original Lasting Finish but had heard it is a heavy coverage so thought this might be lighter. Love Bourjois healthy mix, just feels so light on the skin, even moreso compared to the Rimmel foundation. Might chance it for daytime if all else fails :)

aisoconnor wrote: »
    I don't know much about the Maybelline foundations but I know they're too pink for me to wear so that could be somewhere to look for a shade match :P I know the regular SuperStay is quite full coverage but not sure about anything else.

Thanks very much ais. Maybelline always seems to be one brand I forget about, even though I bought a nice concealer of there's lately that does the trick haha. Will be sure to check them out next time I'm out shopping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Can I have the link too Nursemar88? :o

Are we not allowed post ebay links on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I don't think we are allowed to put up eBay links. Can anyone looking for the seller name please PM me for it instead?? I'm on my phone and it's just easier to reply for me that way. Thanks :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I got the Revlon colourstay foundation in Buff and it's such a close match for my skin I'm delighted :D Had tried a couple of Rimmel and a Vichy lately and everything was too dark so it's great to find one light enough ��

• Registered Users Posts: 35 LemonWorld

Re-purchased Lash Millionaire by Miss Sporty. I'm a complete mascara junkie but this is one of the few that I've ever re-purchased. Amazing length and volume for less than a fiver, and also doesn't flake like I've found some other cheaper brands tend to do.
    Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Just wondering whether anyone here has seen decent results from the La Roche-Posay Redermic R? I've got bad spot scars that I'd like to clear up.

I've been using it since September. Have skin with quite a few pitted acne scars. Main thing I initially found it good for was evening out skin tone and minimizing pores, doesn't really do much for scars by itself. However, I intermittently use glycolic peels on my face and found that used in combination the Redermic really helps you get the most out of the peels. It's definitely not an overnight thing, but over the course of a few months I can really see a difference. You only need a tiny bit so it's actually pretty good value. I got mine in September and still have just under half the tube left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

LemonWorld wrote: »
    I've been using it since September. Have skin with quite a few pitted acne scars. Main thing I initially found it good for was evening out skin tone and minimizing pores, doesn't really do much for scars by itself. However, I intermittently use glycolic peels on my face and found that used in combination the Redermic really helps you get the most out of the peels. It's definitely not an overnight thing, but over the course of a few months I can really see a difference. You only need a tiny bit so it's actually pretty good value. I got mine in September and still have just under half the tube left.

That's great, thanks! My scars would be more of the red variety than pitted, so I'm hoping it'll do the job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

nursemar88 can you PM me as well? Thanks :)
    sibby wrote: »
    nursemar88 can I get in on this brush action too please! It sounds too good to be true :D
    lindtee wrote: »
    Hate asking but could you pm me too Nursemar88:o Or if the mods allow it, post it on the thread.
    anniehoo wrote: »
    Can I have the link too Nursemar88? :o

Are we not allowed post ebay links on here?

Hope this is okay to post???

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/4pcs-in-one-lot-Professional-Foundation-Powder-Synthetic-Kabuki-Brush-H1129B-single-Cosmetic-Salon-makeup-brushes/1540368868.html

I bought these brushes some months back in late 2014.

They're brilliant!

It took about 3-4 weeks for the order to arrive.

No customs as they are below the €22 threshold.

Would recommend them highly & the seller was excellent.

I actually ordered 3 lots of them, 2 for me & one for my Mum! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Barry M gelly polish in sugar apple.

Loooove this colour :)

* Not my pic.

Barry-M-Sugar-Apple-3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Bought this pallette from accesorize the other day - wasnt expecting much as it was only £10 for the lot but its actually really good quality eye shadow - have been using it for a few days and it blends well and doesnt crease!

http://uk.accessorize.com/view/product/uk_catalog/acc_14.9/5031269900

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Ordered two Anastasia Brow Wiz's (one in Taupe for myself and one in Auburn for my sister) from the BeautyBay.com

They got my order wrong and sent me the Anastasia Brow Pen. They don't even sell it, I can't find it on their site!

It actually looks brilliant. It's a long wearing brow tint in universal light. Just waiting on confirmation from them that I don't need to send it back so I can start using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

ShazGV wrote: »
    Went into Boots earlier & they had buy one get one half price on makeup - I couldn't resist a little treat!

L'Oreal Infallible 24HR Matte Foundation

Cos7941_1-Infallible-Pro-Matte-Foundation-Classic-Ivory.jpg

Total impulse buy, hadn't read anything about it and now that I've taken it home it may be a bit too dark (even though it was the lightest shade they had). The lady at the counter said they'd only put them out last week so must be a new launch.

Had to come back to rave about this foundation - it's fantastic! It's probably not for you if you hate feeling your makeup on your face as it is a bit heavy but it hasn't slid off my nose once. It's easily going to replace Double Wear for me at about third of the price.

(Also the pic is of a different foundation but from what I can see online it's possibly the US version of the 24HR Matte.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Some MAC bits I ordered from their UK website via Parcel Motel.

MAC Atlantic Blue (hoping to use this with Stars n Rockets for a smokey eye)
    review_daretowear063.jpg

MAC Haux
    mac_haux004.jpg

MAC Star Violet
    mac_starviolet004.jpg

MAC Twinks
    mac_twinks001.jpg

MAV Velvet Teddy
    mac_velvetteddy003.jpg

MAC Kinda Sexy
    MAC-Kinda-Sexy.jpg

All photos from Temptalia except the last one from iwearlipstick.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Fallen out of love with the chanel foundation - the vitalumiere. Its just not as good as the healthy glow fluid. Looks okay applied with a primer but it wears off my face and I dont have oily skin. I work outside a good bit in evenings and weekend and it just cant hack the outdoors and the weather and I end up with patchy make up. Will stick top the healthy glow for day wear.

Bought bourjois healthy glow foundation as heard good reviews of it and I really like that one Ive worn it a few days now and it seems to stay put in and outdoors and was only 12.99 in boots. I was between two shades so bought the lighter one which is grand for now but too pale for me in summer id say.

was heading out on the weekend and friend gave me some of her YSL foundation the teint touch eclat one. I usually wear double wear but gave this a try - brilliant stuff! Its pricey so if I get it it will be for good wear but it had brilliant staying power and didnt dry my skin at all (double wear is brilliant but I have to use a lot of primer with it to stop it drying in).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Anyone here try the L'oreal Infallible Mattifying primer?

I got it a few weeks ago and have used it nearly every day and it is useless. Its not in any way mattifying, its just a clear, silicone feeling primer that does nothing.

My foundation doesn't look better, last long, go on easier etc or anything with it. I'm very disappointed.

Also not a fan of the L'Oreal true match foundation, its quite a light coverage but if I want to build it up it just tends to wear off quicker and slide around the center of my face. I need to mix it with another foundation for it to give more than light coverage and last a few hours.

Also not a fan of the double wear light, on my skin it just seems to set and look powdery and cakey. It lasts well though.

Loving the Maybelline dream fluid touch, its gives light-medium coverage but it is buildable however it does "stick" to the sides of my nose/nostrils and can look cakey, even with a light layer and no extra product for more coverage.

I'm coming to the end of my Maybelline fit me concealer and I've noticed that it creases under my eyes and around my nose. Never had this happen before. Can anyone recommend a good, preferably cheap concealer that has good (medium-full) coverage that isn't too difficult to find? Can buy online if needed. I don't use my concealer for highlighting, only concealing my dark circles! Not a fan of the Collection lasting perfection, its too cakey for me!

Got a gorgeous Catrice matte lip cream in the colour "never leave coral reef", its not a coral colour, its a gorgeous pink colour so not sure why its called what it is. Its so creamy and pigmented and not at all drying on my lips.

Anyone know if they are a limited edition?

Here's a pic of it from Miss-different-89.blogspot.de

lipcream_zpsc06effd3.jpg

More pics of it here http://lacquediction.blogspot.ie/2014/06/catrice-le-grand-bleu-matt-lip-cream.html

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

I'm coming to the end of my Maybelline fit me concealer and I've noticed that it creases under my eyes and around my nose. Never had this happen before. Can anyone recommend a good, preferably cheap concealer that has good (medium-full) coverage that isn't too difficult to find? Can buy online if needed. I don't use my concealer for highlighting, only concealing my dark circles! Not a fan of the Collection lasting perfection, its too cakey for me!

I use this one from W7 for under eyes, side of nose, blemishes, & brow area to sharpen the line after filling in.

https://www.carapharmacy.com/p/w7_skin_fresh_concealer

It gives a good coverage, lovely creamy consistency,very easily applied, blendable, and doesn't crease.

I'm 48 so plenty of fine lines, etc.! :rolleyes:

It's ridiculously cheap so worth a try!

I use a Real Techniques dome brush (I think!) to apply mostly, but occasionally I use my fingers.

Either way, its a great job & lasts all day.

I usually powder lightly all over once finished my makeup, but not especially around the eyes & the concealer stays put!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Apologies for the OT post but I just wanted to say thanks a million to @nursemar88 and @valentina for PM'ing me the name of the brush seller, I would reply personally but my inbox isn't cooperating right now! Thanks again :)

You're welcome!

My brushes were shipped last Monday!
    happy-dance-.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Do Sephora ship to Ireland no? I thought I heard somewhere that they do? Am trying to get my hands on Elizabeth and James perfume Nirvana White but can't get it anywhere that ships to Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

anna080 wrote: »
    Do Sephora ship to Ireland no? I thought I heard somewhere that they do? Am trying to get my hands on Elizabeth and James perfume Nirvana White but can't get it anywhere that ships to Ireland

They ship to the UK and you can use a parcel forwarding service like parcel motel to forward it on to Ireland. It's generally not worth it tho, delivery is expensive and they won't ship half of the brands they stock to Europe :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

They ship to the UK and you can use a parcel forwarding service like parcel motel to forward it on to Ireland. It's generally not worth it tho, delivery is expensive and they won't ship half of the brands they stock to Europe :(

Ah I see. Ara poop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Might have a few free minutes in Dublin tomorrow between appointments, is there anywhere around o'Connell st that has an NYX stand I could raid?

I have a new favourite foundation :D

NARS All Day Luminous Lightweight Foundation. I got it in the US after the Sephora girl applied it for me and it looked amazing but when I got it home to Ireland it seemed an awful lot of effort to apply it!

It contains no oil so you need to give it a good thirty second shake before you apply. One pump does your entire face but you need to warm it up on your fingertips first. NARS recommends you start around the nose and work your way outwards, patting the fnd action on with your fingers.

It looks amazing on though, so natural. Great coverage without being cakey, it's like my face has been gently airbrushed. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i ordered two Anastasia dip brow pots,
    one in chocolate brown and one dark brown (Not sure which colour il be!)
    I also got the large brush that people said to buy (they didn't have the mini due, so i just got the large due-lets hope its very like it!!)

il let you know when i get them and how they all are!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Went into Boots for one or two things. Came home with this!! To be fair they have some amazing deals on. And all recommended products :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Ooh what does the Radiance Balm do/where does it fit into skincare regime??

Advertisement