Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Twee. wrote: »
    Ooh what does the Radiance Balm do/where does it fit into skincare regime??

From what I can gather it's supposed to be a dupe for Mac Strobe Cream. So a moisturiser/illuminator in one. You can use it on its own or under makeup.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Sold!

Twee. wrote: »
    Sold!

I know right?? That was my exact thought :) plus 3 for 2 on skincare in Boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Was looking for a new brush as my old ones were a little worse for wear. Read about the "Wet Brush" and it sounded like it was just what I needed!
    41sfSov5afL._SY450_.jpg
    Used it this morning and think its brilliant. I have very long hair and this went through it like a warm knife through butter after my shower. I had used the tangle tamer before but never really found it that great but this is going to be a life saver. No more pulling and snagging!
    Bought it from amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Wet-Brush-Detangling-Hair/dp/B005WWQXB6/ref=pd_cart_rp_1_p?ie=UTF8&refRID=1VYDV8MNBKF6SMJ3WX8F

Bought Double wear foundation and an estee lauder lip liner from Debenhams.ie as its free gift time and there was 10% off all beauty and I had €20 on my rewards card. I ordered a third item too so I could get a bonus gift, but they were unable to fufill but I got the bonus gift anyway! (A full size Perfectly clean face wash) So it was just €35 out of my pocket for the foundation, lip liner, free gift set and face wash. Bargain.
    240215_esteelaurder_basic-tn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

The eBay make up brushes have arrived! :D

First impressions, they're very similar looking to Sigma brushes and are nice and soft. Looking forward to trying them out later.

• Advertisement

Valentina wrote: »
    The eBay make up brushes have arrived! :D

First impressions, they're very similar looking to Sigma brushes and are nice and soft. Looking forward to trying them out later.

Yay!! Let us know how you like them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I'm obsessed with this again, I don't know why I stopped using it in the first place :confused::confused:
    So I just ordered another one on ebay to have for when mine runs out :)

51hmTWdmecL._SY355_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Tayla wrote: »
    I'm obsessed with this again, I don't know why I stopped using it in the first place :confused::confused:
    So I just ordered another one on ebay to have for when mine runs out :)

what is this and what does it do to your hair?
    might give it a bash..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Does anyone else find they become completely immune to the smell of their perfume?

Does anyone else find they become completely immune to the smell of their perfume?

Apparently that's a sign that it suits you. Something with how it adapts to your skin oils or something. After about half an hour I cannot smell my perfume on myself but my OH and others can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I've been wearing molecule 01 since Christmas and I used to sniff the bejesus out of myself cause it was so nice and now I can't smell it at all anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Apparently that's a sign that it suits you. Something with how it adapts to your skin oils or something. After about half an hour I cannot smell my perfume on myself but my OH and others can.

Well thank god for that, I was starting to think I was wasting all my money on useless perfumes :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

It's called olfactory fatigue, it effects pretty much everyone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olfactory_fatigue

Perfume will ware off throughout the day naturally, but you'll stop smelling it yourself long before it's actually worn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I bought NARS sheer glow foundation, my favourite ever.

I got MAC creme cup too, looked great in any photos of it, hopefully it's what I want.

I also got a Too Faced lipstick in marshmallow bunny, I lost my other one and I really like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

About to purchase a clarisonic aria tomorrow and I wanted to know what people think of it

^^^

I have the Clarisonic Plus and love it (does face and body) I use the sensitive brush. I love the cleanser that comes with it. I think it gives a really deep cleanse. My skin definitely seems clearer and more even toned since I started using it last November. I use it every morning and would get 3 weeks before I need to charge it again. Really recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I bought all of the foundations today...
    Looking for something lighter than Double Wear for Spring/Summer, and tried a sample of the Rimmel 25 hour one during the week; liked it, so I got 2 for €12 in Boots today. http://www.boots.ie/en/Rimmel-Lasting-Finish-Nude-Foundation_1525350/
    Also picked up two Maybelline ones (haven't tried either of them or even read reviews, total stab in the dark!)
    http://www.boots.ie/en/Maybelline-SuperStay-Better-Skin-Foundation_1416177/ this one is supposed to improve the appearance of your skin in 3 weeks - my skin is a bit crap with the odd spot, so looking forward to trying it.
    http://www.boots.ie/en/Maybelline-Dream-Flawless-Nude-Foundation_1657662/ this one looks exceptionally liquid, bought out of curiosity to be honest!
    And I grabbed a mascara too, as there was 3 for 2 on Maybelline. http://www.boots.ie/en/Maybelline-Volum-Express-The-Colossal-Waterproof-Mascara_1379051/
    And all for the price of one bottle of Double Wear :)
    Will update as soon as I've tried them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

Valentina wrote: »
    ^^^

I have the Clarisonic Plus and love it (does face and body) I use the sensitive brush. I love the cleanser that comes with it. I think it gives a really deep cleanse. My skin definitely seems clearer and more even toned since I started using it last November. I use it every morning and would get 3 weeks before I need to charge it again. Really recommend it.

I was looking at the plus also the aria is 199 and the plus is 225 is it worth the extra? I have heard that the aria is more comfortable in the hand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

dee_mc wrote: »
    I bought all of the foundations today...
    Looking for something lighter than Double Wear for Spring/Summer, and tried a sample of the Rimmel 25 hour one during the week; liked it, so I got 2 for €12 in Boots today. http://www.boots.ie/en/Rimmel-Lasting-Finish-Nude-Foundation_1525350/
    Also picked up two Maybelline ones (haven't tried either of them or even read reviews, total stab in the dark!)
    http://www.boots.ie/en/Maybelline-SuperStay-Better-Skin-Foundation_1416177/ this one is supposed to improve the appearance of your skin in 3 weeks - my skin is a bit crap with the odd spot, so looking forward to trying it.
    http://www.boots.ie/en/Maybelline-Dream-Flawless-Nude-Foundation_1657662/ this one looks exceptionally liquid, bought out of curiosity to be honest!
    And I grabbed a mascara too, as there was 3 for 2 on Maybelline. http://www.boots.ie/en/Maybelline-Volum-Express-The-Colossal-Waterproof-Mascara_1379051/
    And all for the price of one bottle of Double Wear :)
    Will update as soon as I've tried them all!
    I have the Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude Foundation, its amazing. It's so super light and silky, coverage is very light but buildable though.

I think its looks much better when applied/blended with fingers though, I find brushes/sponges can make it looked slightly cakey.

I use it all the time, put a few dots of it all over my face, let it sit on the skin for a minute or two, and then gently rub it all over and blend it using my fingers, works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Bought a Bourjois Colour Boost lip crayon in the colour Proudly Naked.

8913464197150.jpg

It's such a pretty nude, looking forward to trying this out with a smokey eye some day. Lovely 'my lips but better' shade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

I’ve had some mixed luck with recent make-up purchases.

I’ve always used tinted moisturiser but felt I needed a little more coverage and have been on the lookout for a light coverage foundation. I bought Revlon’s “Nearly Naked” foundation and don’t like it at all – the packaging is terrible (glass bottle without a pump), and even though it’s an okay colour match it seems to wash me out.

14308058_121129163000.jpg

By chance I tried L’Oreal True Match foundation in my local Boots thinking it would be too heavy but it’s perfect, and the colour is absolutely spot-on. So that’s my new foundation!

L__039_Or_eacute_al_Paris_True_Match_Super_Blendable_Perfecting_Foundation_SPF_17_30ml_0_1364307771_main.jpg

I am a big fan of the UD Naked Palettes 1 and 2 and a couple of years ago I picked up the Naked Basics palette for everyday wear. It took me a while to warm to it but it eventually became a staple and I hit pan on 4 of the shades. So I asked my OH to get me the Naked Basics 2 palette for Christmas – and I hate it! He bought it online from a major department store but when I opened it the darkest colour had “chipped” and it’s so pigmented that it had messed up the whole palette. I probably should have brought it back there and then but I thought I’d just clean it up and get on with it. However the dark colour just seems to crumble and there is so much fallout whenever I use it (and it is the only option dark enough for the lash line). The other colours are nice and don’t have the same problems but they seem to crease a lot and there’s nothing particularly special about them. I keep hoping I’ll warm to it like the other one but I’m not sure that’s going to happen!

Naked2Basics3.jpg

On the plus side I treated myself to the Lorac Pro Palette from Amazon – I haven’t had a chance to play around with it yet but it looks really gorgeous!

lorac+pro+open+wide.png

Not my pics and sorry for the sizes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

I am a big fan of the UD Naked Palettes 1 and 2 and a couple of years ago I picked up the Naked Basics palette for everyday wear. It took me a while to warm to it but it eventually became a staple and I hit pan on 4 of the shades. So I asked my OH to get me the Naked Basics 2 palette for Christmas – and I hate it! He bought it online from a major department store but when I opened it the darkest colour had “chipped” and it’s so pigmented that it had messed up the whole palette. I probably should have brought it back there and then but I thought I’d just clean it up and get on with it. However the dark colour just seems to crumble and there is so much fallout whenever I use it (and it is the only option dark enough for the lash line). The other colours are nice and don’t have the same problems but they seem to crease a lot and there’s nothing particularly special about them. I keep hoping I’ll warm to it like the other one but I’m not sure that’s going to happen!

Hated the UD Naked Basics aswell - though I had the first one. Found the colours impossible to blend and I didn't like the range of shades - either very light or very dark. I binned it in frustration eventually. I use Paula's Choice nude mattes palette now and love it.
    ihwx.bc8c2514-6bce-4e95-a379-e25951e94af7.300.200.png.ashx?w=200&format=jpeg

Craigels wrote: »
    I was looking at the plus also the aria is 199 and the plus is 225 is it worth the extra? I have heard that the aria is more comfortable in the hand

I got mine on sale in the US so didn't pay full price and got some extras thrown in. Not sure I'd pay 225 for it. If you think you'd use the body brush a lot then go for it. Tbh I've only used it a few times, maybe once a week if even that :/ I do find it good on my elbows, knees and my legs if I want to tan but most days I'm rushing out the door so don't have time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

An update on my foundation-fest!
    Tried the Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude yesterday, and I have to say I was very skeptical when I saw how liquid it was, but I was pleasantly surprised by how highly pigmented and easily blended it was. It's a small bottle (20 ml) but a little goes a very long way. For such a thin liquid the coverage is decent - medium coverage I would say. I have freckles, and they're visible through it, but my skintone looked very even - dark circles under my eyes and red blotches were totally concealed. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that it creased on my eyelids and gathered in the little creases under my eyes, but this blended out very well once the foundation had settled for a few minutes. The applicator is strange but effective - I expected it to be messy but it wasn't at all.
    Today I slapped on a bit of the Maybelline Superstay Stay Better Skin foundation. It looked a little cakey at first but settled nicely after half an hour or so. I like it alot - it's warm looking without being orange toned, and it's not too pink toned (a problem I find with quite a few brands).
    So far I prefer the Dream Flawless Nude but will try the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour tomorrow and report back! I liked it when I tried a sample but the colour was too strong for me so look forward to giving the paler shade a twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Bought these three bad boys, am beginning a slight Essie obsession after buying my first polish of theirs a few weeks ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Bought these three bad boys, am beginning a slight Essie obsession after buying my first polish of theirs a few weeks ago!

What shade is the Essie? Looks like one I have x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

So I've gone a little bit mental recently :eek:

Ordered a few bits from Avon the other night: concealer pot and brush, eyebrow brush, kabuki brush, 2x lip liners (plum and pink) 2x lipstick (plum and pink), coral lip crayon (not mad about it if I'm honest), pencil sharpener and 3x nail varnishes.

The day they arrived I had 20 mins to kill in town so wandered into Boots and got the Max Factor color elixir lip liner in red and the Kate Moss matte red lipstick by Rimmel (which is amazing).

Today I ordered the 15 piece brush kit from Blank Canvas (an absolute steal since the £/€ exchange rate is nuts atm). I also got the Clinique Take the Day off Cleansing oil, Una Brennan cleansing balm and the Indeed Labs Hydraluron serum - I spent all day reading Caroline hirons blog!

And a new MAC foundation (Pro-Longwear).

I am now living on baked beans until payday.

Can't wait until it all arrives!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

https://www.zoeva-shop.de/en/rose-golden-luxury-set/a-8000382/

Just got this new brush set, so pretty and love the medium sized synthetic brush for concealer!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Managed to pick up a Benefit Hot 2 Trot set this morning. Came across a Benefit boutique by accident and popped in to see if they had the Bella Bamba blush (discovered in Debenahams that its discontinued) and someone had returned the set this morning so I nabbed it. Expensive at €34 but hopefully it'll last a while.

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123901011299_-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Put my Mac ruby woo lipstick in the effing washing machine today and destroyed it. Was washing a travel bag and it was hidden in a pocket.
    Raging!

Advertisement