Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

donna35 wrote: »
    What shade is the Essie? Looks like one I have x

bikini so teeny, loving it and no chips since Friday which is great going for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    bikini so teeny, loving it and no chips since Friday which is great going for me!

That's the one I have too,thought I recognised it.I love the shade of it too x

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Tried the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour foundation yesterday and today - found it a bit patchy, especially on my forehead after a few hours. The good news is, the Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude is great for subtly covering patchiness - it blends nicely with existing foundation and the bottle is small enough to carry around for touch-ups. I'm regretting buying 2 bottles of the Rimmel one now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

got the anastacia dip bro yesterday :)

love it..
    its very dark (i got dark brown)

but i also got chocolate, so ill try that today :)

so far i like it, easier than pencil!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Ordered this months Look Fantastic Beauty Box as I would actually use everything in it. I already have a wet brush but could do with another as my brushes often go missing plus its a mini size so handy for travelling.

DSC_0023.jpg

Contains The Wet Brush squirt, Fat Girl Slim (60ml), Nuxe detoxifying and youth revealing anti-aging care serum (15ml), Lord and Berry Eyeliner/shader, Cowshed Lip Balm and Nudestix magnetic eye colour. Supposed to be worth £71 in total. Plenty of reviews of this months box on blogs out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I bought a Sleek eyeshadow palette in "Storm"; I think it looks pretty great, so thanks to the gals in this thread who told me about it.

Also picked up my favourite mascara, Rimmel Lash Accelerator, Rimmel Apocalips in "Celestial" (this is a gorgeous lipstick/gloss..it feels really creamy on your lips, yet shiny and not sticky).

Also picked up a Sleek blusher in "Antique Gold" and I bought Wet 'n' Wild Nail Polish in "Blazed". It was only €1.99 and the colour's great, but it's very thin and needs three layers.
    Here's a pic:

2hgxzmg.jpg

And here's a close-up of the Sleek eyeshadow palette:

2j1va4k.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I LOVE the look of that palette! Gorgeous! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Just ordered some Trilogy bits on boots.ie as they're 3 for 2 online right now:

Rosehip oil
    Trilogy_100__Natural_Certified_Organic_Rosehip_Oil_20ml_1376055116_main.jpg

Eye Contour Cream
    Trilogy_Eye_Contour_Cream_20ml_1375876214.png

Replenishing Night Cream
    trilogy-age-proof-replenishing-night-cream-60g.jpg?1379685999

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

For those of you who suffer from dry, chemically damaged and unruly hair, I have found a holy grail hair mask that has transformed my hair. It's the Sacha Juan Hair Repair and I've never used anything as amazing in my life. I ordered it online from Cult Beauty and I cannot remember when my hair looked and felt this good. I had been using the kerastesse mask for a few months but too much of that actually made my hair weak, and this has just breathed life into it again. I'd highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I've had a fairly rough week so my very lovely OH got me these. They are so pretty :)

• Advertisement

nursemar88 wrote: »
    I've had a fairly rough week so my very lovely OH got me these. They are so pretty :)

Woah! They're gorgeous!

Are they premade palettes or did he pick out the colours too? They're fab!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

Are they the warm and cool palettes?

I have the warm neutral palette it's amazing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

anna080 wrote: »

Oh no, my bf flew from Dublin airport today and I was trying to decide all week if I would get it or not. Decided not to in the end as I thought there wasn't enough matts in it and had never really heard much about it. Will be kicking myself now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Valentina wrote: »
    Woah! They're gorgeous!

Are they premade palettes or did he pick out the colours too? They're fab!

They are the x15 warm and cool neutral palettes. Premade and as far as I can tell are part of the permanent line now. They are gorgeous! And for the price actually works out quite well!
    Are they the warm and cool palettes?

Yup :)

I used it last night and I actually love it already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Oh no, my bf flew from Dublin airport today and I was trying to decide all week if I would get it or not. Decided not to in the end as I thought there wasn't enough matts in it and had never really heard much about it. Will be kicking myself now!!
    You could order it online and he could collect it on his way back in. The collection desk is in the arrivals section of the airport.

http://www.theloop.ie/t/ShopCollect

You could email him the order confirmation and he might be able to print it somewhere or show it to them on his phone?

Ooh I want need that warm neutral palette!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I bought Anastasia eyebrow powder recently. I love the wax pen but I'm not sure about the powder. I also bought an Anastasia eyebrow primer with the powder but I'm not sure I'm using it correctly. I had a very basic brow gel that seemed better. Anyone any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ballinasloex

La Roche posay effaclar duo plus... Really wanted to love it! But left me with very dry burnt like skin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

La Roche posay effaclar duo plus... Really wanted to love it! But left me with very dry burnt like skin :(

It didn't work for me either sadly! :(

• Advertisement

Or me :( and such a massive tube gone to waste! Left me feeling raw and dry and slightly itchy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Or me :( and such a massive tube gone to waste! Left me feeling raw and dry and slightly itchy

I actually forgot I still had this somewhere until now and I'm feeling serious down by that wasted 15 euro :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I've been reading loads about this recently and had just got an email about 20% off at look fantastic so I ordered it...code is NOW and value is decreasing hourly for anyone who wants to use it.

10991469-1411989746-519905.jpg

Anyone else have problems with feel unique delivery? Have had two big orders from them dispatched over two weeks ago and no sign of them yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Little Lion Woman

Anyone else have problems with feel unique delivery? Have had two big orders from them dispatched over two weeks ago and no sign of them yet..

They're very very slow....

Beware of custom charges also as they ship from Jersey so depending on the size of the order you might have to pay customs to the postman. You'll then need to email them and they'll refund you the custom charges (up to the value of the order)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Customs.
    If your order is over €22 you'll get hit for import taxes. It's happened me anytime I've ordered off feel unique. They'll refund the charges if you send them proof.
    Anytime I order from them it takes at least a month to receive the order. I've no problem paying the charges but it's the wait that puts me off ordering from them.

Customs.
    If your order is over €22 you'll get hit for import taxes. It's happened me anytime I've ordered off feel unique. They'll refund the charges if you send them proof.
    Anytime I order from them it takes at least a month to receive the order. I've no problem paying the charges but it's the wait that puts me off ordering from them.

So when will I have to pay the charges? When the postman or courrier delivers them is it? I'm never usually here when my post arrives. That's annoying. Any idea of how much I'll have to pay? Think in total my orders were about €130 but split into two orders of €50+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

So when will I have to pay the charges? When the postman or courrier delivers them is it? I'm never usually here when my post arrives. That's annoying. Any idea of how much I'll have to pay? Think in total my orders were about €130 but split into two orders of €50+

When the order arrives at your door.
    I think it's VAT @ 23% and then a handling fee of usually €8 - €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

This is more of a heads up, I got sent Serozinc from La Roche Posay today and it's finally going to be for sale in Ireland on April 1st!😀

I've dry skin but fingers crossed, going to try it tonight!

• Advertisement

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    This is more of a heads up, I got sent Serozinc from La Roche Posay today and it's finally going to be for sale in Ireland on April 1st!😀

I've dry skin but fingers crossed, going to try it tonight!

I ordered this a few weeks ago and really like it. I apply it before my hydraluron serum while my skin is still damp and it's so soft afterwards. I'd have very dry skin too but have seen a huge improvement in its appearance and texture since incorporating this into my routine.

Advertisement