Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Is it not the Maybelline fit me that's a NARS dupe, or is the collection one another dupe for it?

I've tried the Collection one and I must be the only person who doesn't like it, I found it heavy and cakey.

I recently got the eyeshadows from Dealz and have to say I really, really like them. Cappuccino is my favourite. For €1.49 they're a fantastic price. I find the pigmentation of them to be as good as the MAC ones I have.

They're probably all proclaimed as dupes after a while. :D

I haven't used Dealz eyeshadows, but the nail polishes are fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Got myself a sleek eye brow stylist yesterday and while i didnt like the eyeshadows or powders I tried before - I loved this. Im raging I didnt also buy the eyeliner as I tried it on my hard yesterday afternoon and its still there and hasnt washed off - talk about budgeproof!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

anyone got the Urban Decay 'Naked on the run pallette' and if so how do you rate it? I have naked 1 & 2 & Basics but saw this in the airport and loved it - was onloy €42 but they were sold out. Am in two minds about buying it online

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

anyone got the Urban Decay 'Naked on the run pallette' and if so how do you rate it? I have naked 1 & 2 & Basics but saw this in the airport and loved it - was onloy €42 but they were sold out. Am in two minds about buying it online

Debenhams had it for €33 a few weeks ago and I'm raging i didn't buy it! Their blue cross is starting again though so keep an eye out over the weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I like it but I never really use it for travel. I have the naked flushed and naked 1 which I much prefer, though that's probably more out of habit than anything, although I do find on the run to be kind of bulky to carry.

That being said I currently have 11 urban decay palettes and Only about 3 that i use in anyway frequently.. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

That being said I currently have 11 urban decay palettes and Only about 3 that i use in anyway frequently.. :o

You're living the dream! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Picked up Argan Oil in Aldi for €2.99. Used it today for the first time and I'm seriously impressed.

My hair is quite long and for the past few years I've been using Garnier Fructis I Love My Sleek heat-resistant smoothing spray.

Today, after washing and conditioning my hair, I towel-dried it and applied three drops of Argan Oil in my hands, rubbed them together and smoothed it all over my hair, concentrating on the ends.

Blow-dried my hair and all day it's been so soft and smooth. Very impressed and now I don't need to fork out €11.99 for the L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil :)

ShazGV wrote: »
    You're living the dream! :eek:

Wasting money more like :D They've been mostly gifts to be fair but I've had to stop myself on more than one occasion from buying more. I definitely have more eyeshadow than I'll ever need in my lifetime :o

1. Book of shadows 2 - gift (my first love from 8/9 years ago, still use it! Mushroom is such a great soft taupe colour for blue eyes)
    2. Book of shadows 4 - bought (missionary and bust a fab day colours!)
    3. 15 anniversary palette - bought (barely used.. Not a fan, colours are way too bright really for me and the neutral ones are too light and all very similar when worn. Evidence and MIA are nice though)
    4. Ammo palette - bought (great one for travelling!)
    5. Alice in wonderland palette - gift (nice colours but nothing amazing Imo)
    6. Black palette - gift (have only used it once, colours aren't really 'me')
    7. Naked 1 - gift (love it! :))
    8. Naked 2 - gift (wanted it because I loved the first one so much I never really got using this properly)
    9. Naked basics 1 - bought (LOVE IT)
    10. Naked flushed - gift (great palette for throwing your bag on a night out with basics)
    11. Naked on the run - gift (really like this, good overall palette, bulky to carry around though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Thanks to a very generous voucher I've splurged over the past few days.

Was originally thinking of a Charlotte Tilbury lip gloss but tried it out and found the texture drying. I popped to the Dior counter and got this baby 1538387_763042413791604_515201439_n.jpg it's amazing, really lovely spring colour. Even the packaging makes me :)

Got this for a bronzer and the girl at the counter was using it as an eyeshadow. Omg it's the most beautiful rich eye colour. It's a nice bronzer too :D
    8799906332702.jpg

And the best mascara ever. Better than YSL faux cils and Lancome Hypnosis in my opinion. Think it's the brush in particular.
    10131321?id=8EwaB3&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&wid=504&hei=548

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I cannot stand they're real mascara, the wand hurt my eyes when using it too. Was thinking about getting that bronzer next tho.

• Advertisement

Tilly wrote: »
    I cannot stand they're real mascara, the wand hurt my eyes when using it too. Was thinking about getting that bronzer next tho.

Me too!! I haven't managed to use it once without poking myself in the eye with the wand! Hoola is a gorgeous bronzer though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Tilly wrote: »

Same. Anytime I use it I end up just hitting the spikey bit on the top of my nose. I'd look past that if it was even a good mascara but I thought it was rubbish. Imo Max Factor do the beat mascaras.

Wasting money more like :D They've been mostly gifts to be fair but I've had to stop myself on more than one occasion from buying more. I definitely have more eyeshadow than I'll ever need in my lifetime :o

1. Book of shadows 2 - gift (my first love from 8/9 years ago, still use it! Mushroom is such a great soft taupe colour for blue eyes)
    2. Book of shadows 4 - bought (missionary and bust a fab day colours!)
    3. 15 anniversary palette - bought (barely used.. Not a fan, colours are way too bright really for me and the neutral ones are too light and all very similar when worn. Evidence and MIA are nice though)
    4. Ammo palette - bought (great one for travelling!)
    5. Alice in wonderland palette - gift (nice colours but nothing amazing Imo)
    6. Black palette - gift (have only used it once, colours aren't really 'me')
    7. Naked 1 - gift (love it! :))
    8. Naked 2 - gift (wanted it because I loved the first one so much I never really got using this properly)
    9. Naked basics 1 - bought (LOVE IT)
    10. Naked flushed - gift (great palette for throwing your bag on a night out with basics)
    11. Naked on the run - gift (really like this, good overall palette, bulky to carry around though!)

12. Found the pulp fiction one I bought ages ago down the back of my dresser this morning :o

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

anna080 wrote: »
    Same. Anytime I use it I end up just hitting the spikey bit on the top of my nose. I'd look past that if it was even a good mascara but I thought it was rubbish. Imo Max Factor do the beat mascaras.

Me three. I found it to be a totally average (but very expensive product). Bought it once, never again.

+1 on the Max Factor mascara, I bought one recently (Max Factor Masterpiece Transform) and I really like it so far: http://m.boots.ie/h5/cat_hub?unCountry=roi&path=/en/Max-Factor-Masterpiece-Transform-mascara_1538959/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

I really like the They're Real mascara. Its the only mascarra I've tried where people have complimented it. My lashes are longish anyway but this mascarra holds the curl for me where others will hold the curl for a bit and then drop. I'd use it as my everyday mascara.

I like the Lancome Grandiose though for nights out where I want lots of volume and curl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

12. Found the pulp fiction one I bought ages ago down the back of my dresser this morning :o

You should stick the ones you don't use up on adverts! That makes room for more you do like :P

I feel inferior now, having only 7 Urban Decay palettes! Haha. My favourite is probably Smoked.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

You should stick the ones you don't use up on adverts! That makes room for more you do like :P

I feel inferior now, having only 7 Urban Decay palettes! Haha. My favourite is probably Smoked.

Doing better than me lol I only have 4.

Have naked 1 and 3 (need 2 next), vice 3 and the 15 year one. Need moooooooooore lol

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Storming

I need to get some new makeup - foundation and powder. I've heard a lot about Charlotte Tilbury but don't know anyone who uses it. Does anyone have any recommendations on foundation and a couple of items to get started with this range?

Storming I don't know if you saw this post on lilypebbles this morning but it might help you out!!

http://www.lilypebbles.co.uk/2015/04/the-best-of-charlotte-tilbury.html#kbUb7wp5spEKRpkp.97

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Having used They're Real for about 2 months now, I'm very underwhelmed :( Brush really agitates my eyelids, I love wiggling mascara into the base of my lashes but can't with that brush.

Also the formula doesn't do it for me. I've fairly long, curly lashes so most mascaras work grand (only ever had issues with the Maybelline Colossal/yellow tube which was way too runny for my liking). But They're Real ends up transferring like crazy, despite being a pain to take off in the evening. Without fail, I end up with dark circles surrounding my eyes in the afternoon, unless I powder my eye area like crazy (which I don't like doing).

If it didn't come with a gift set I got for Christmas, I definitely think I would have regretted spending that much on a mascara when I could have gotten better mascaras in Boots for much less.

• Advertisement

It's funny how we can have such different experiences :)

Thankfully the transferring thing hasn't happened. I always put so many layers of mascara on that I use eye makeup remover either way, so that tends to take it off ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I quite like it - decent as a basic set of products to have. I paid £36 ish for mine in Debenhams just before Christmas. I use everything in it except the bronzer - too pale for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

nursemar88 wrote: »
    I don't think we are allowed to put up eBay links. Can anyone looking for the seller name please PM me for it instead?? I'm on my phone and it's just easier to reply for me that way. Thanks :)

I just wanted to come back and say thanks a million for the link to the brush set nursemar. I genuinely wasn't expecting anything brill from these and they did take almost 5 weeks to arrive but I am so surprised at how decent these brushes are. They are so soft and densely packed plus the eye ones are not scratchy at all. Very very impressed!! 10 decent brushes for €9...delighted :D:D:D

2nvusmh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Same anniehoo! I got mine recently too and I can't get over how soft they are.
    Thanks nursemar!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭waterfordgirl

Me too, got mine last week and am well impressed! Thanks nursemar! :)

Would you mind sending me a link too please.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Just came on to say I got mine today, love them. Thanks a mill Nursemar for the tip, they look so much more expensive than they cost

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭waterfordgirl

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Would you mind sending me a link too please.

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Don't mean to be a pain but I would be really interested in those brushes if somebody had a link? My student budget would be seriously grateful! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Why are they so cheap?

Advertisement