Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

anniehoo wrote: »
    I just wanted to come back and say thanks a million for the link to the brush set nursemar. I genuinely wasn't expecting anything brill from these and they did take almost 5 weeks to arrive but I am so surprised at how decent these brushes are. They are so soft and densely packed plus the eye ones are not scratchy at all. Very very impressed!! 10 decent brushes for €9...delighted :D:D:D

I always get my brushes from eBay. I have this set and another set of 23, €7 if I remember correctly, with black handles and rose gold metal, which is mostly eye shadow brushes.
    I use them every day and really clean them well every week and they have not shed or frayed. They are also super soft.

My BF got me quite a few MAC brushes for Christmas and number 219 and 239 have started to fray, they were never the same after the first time I cleaned them.
    I was very gentle with them and I only used their mac brush cleanser on them too, where as I usually just use baby shampoo to clean my eBay ones and they are still as good as new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I always get my brushes from eBay. I have this set and another set of 23, €7 if I remember correctly, with black handles and rose gold metal, which is mostly eye shadow brushes.
    I use them every day and really clean them well every week and they have not shed or frayed. They are also super soft.

My BF got me quite a few MAC brushes for Christmas and number 219 and 239 have started to fray, they were never the same after the first time I cleaned them.
    I was very gentle with them and I only used their mac brush cleanser on them too, where as I usually just use baby shampoo to clean my eBay ones and they are still as good as new.

I have 2 MAC brushes, the infamous 217 and I think a 219.

They are the scratchiest brushes I own. The rest I have are a mix of real techniques and sigma. I honestly wouldn't be much bothered ever buying a MAC brush again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

rose gold and black, like the sound of that - could you pm me the link please

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Roxirose

Please pm me the link too thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I just wanted to come back and say thanks a million for the link to the brush set nursemar. I genuinely wasn't expecting anything brill from these and they did take almost 5 weeks to arrive but I am so surprised at how decent these brushes are. They are so soft and densely packed plus the eye ones are not scratchy at all. Very very impressed!! 10 decent brushes for €9...delighted :D:D:D

2nvusmh.jpg
    Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Same anniehoo! I got mine recently too and I can't get over how soft they are.
    Thanks nursemar!
    Me too, got mine last week and am well impressed! Thanks nursemar! :)
    donna35 wrote: »
    Just came on to say I got mine today, love them. Thanks a mill Nursemar for the tip, they look so much more expensive than they cost

So delighted ye all got them and like them. Glad I can impart a beauty budget on all my fellow beauty lovers :D

• Advertisement

Why are they so cheap?

Probably because they are coming from China. Most everything from EBay to Sigma brushes are made in the same place and packaged differently. That would be my guess anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

Could I get a pm about the brushes too please?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Nursemar when you have a chance could you pm me the name of the ebay seller for these brushes as well please? Looking for a new cheapie brushes since E.L.F. seemingly has gone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Im21Iswear

I would really appreciate a PM with a link too please ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

I like the sound of the black and rose gold ones too, can I pleasehave the link too - just to increase the collection lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mrsbouquet

Could I get a pm too please

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

donna35 wrote: »
    I like the sound of the black and rose gold ones too, can I please have the link too - just to increase the collection lol

I bought these brushes about 6 months ago & they're brilliant.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/BLACK-COLOR-10-pieces-makeup-brush-set-hot-sale-professional-cosmetic-brushes-nylon-material-e700-5/32259556156.html

I have more ordered from this site & will update once they arrive;

http://www.buyincoins.com/item/35627.html

These are individual but at least you get to choose which shape you want! :)

I'm getting confused to who wants links so if you want the link send me a pm and I'll send it on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I asked Twee if it was ok to post the Ebay seller link to the makeup brushes and she said it was grand as long as it's not spam and I'm not the seller.

So, to save all the PM's here is the link for the brushes :D

10pc Professional Make Up Brush Set Powder Foundation Blusher Kabuki Brushes Set

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

I asked Twee if it was ok to post the Ebay seller link to the makeup brushes and she said it was grand as long as it's not spam and I'm not the seller.

So, to save all the PM's here is the link for the brushes :D

10pc Professional Make Up Brush Set Powder Foundation Blusher Kabuki Brushes Set

Awesome! Thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭waterfordgirl

Im a sucker for a bargain! Bought nursemars brushes and now these! Thanks for the link! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Ran out of my Nars Sheer Glow, and my bank balance couldn't afford to replace it, so I picked up L'oreal Infallible Matte with my Boots points based on a recommendation from AmeliaLiana. For 11 euro, I'm absolutely floored. Easily beats every MAC foundation I've tried, and lasts longer than Nars Sheer Glow and Laura Mercier Silk Creme on my combo-oily skin. I'm using the lightest shade (010 Porcelain) and it's great on my ghostly complexion (for shade references, I'm lighter than NC/NW15 in MAC and was using Soft Ivory in the Silk Creme foundation, and Gobi/Light3 in Sheer Glow).

Medium to full coverage, not completely matte finish, looks quite skin like on me.

10191030?id=3FPaw1&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&wid=504&hei=548

Well worth spending the points, and I'm tempted to go get more since it's on 3 for 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I absolutely love that foundation too! I'll definitely be repurchasing when it runs out. :D

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

I'm almost at the end of my first tube of it, by far my favourite foundation in SO long!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Wore doublewear on Sat night while I was out.

In pictures I look like a ghost. Wish they'd do a version without SPF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Wore doublewear on Sat night while I was out.

In pictures I look like a ghost. Wish they'd do a version without SPF.

Yeah, I like ELDW but it's not worth wearing it as the flashback is so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

panda100 wrote: »
    Yeah, I like ELDW but it's not worth wearing it as the flashback is so bad.

+1, I wore it to a wedding recently and the pictures that have been circulating around the internet are incredibly embarrassing. I didn't realise how ridiculous it would look :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Double Wear Light is fine for flash photography

• Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Bought the Sleek contouring kit yesterday. Had a very rough go last night; I applied it with a Bare Minerals soft sweep cheek brush and used a kabuki to blend it, but tbh I think the kabuki blends it a little too much. So I've ordered two Nima brushes to try with it, will report back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Do all foundations with spf produce a ghost effect in photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Tigger99 wrote: »

Pixiwoo on Youtube said to stick with an SPF of 15 or less in foundations to avoid flashback in photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Tigger99 wrote: »

Yeah, my Lancome foundations all have SPF in them and I look ghostly, I'm very pale anyway though so it's not like I have a really tanned body and a white head. I think my Lancome foundations contain SPF15.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I picked up Revlon Rose Glow yesterday, its meant to be a highlighter but I use it as a blusher, its beautiful. Gives a sheer wash of colour with a light sheen to the skin. I love it.

revlon_highlighting_palette_rose_glow__5_.jpg

revlon+highlighting+palette-+02+rose+glow+(4).png

Revlon-Racy-Rose-Powder-Blush-Swatched.jpg

I got the Bourjois healthy mix foundation, looking forward to trying it out. :) Also got the Maybelline age rewind concealer, used it today and really like it, going to try it out but so far, I'm impressed!

Also got this Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Facial Wash and although its nice, its really drying out my skin, so I'm going to have to get another one and use this maybe once a week or something.

Pink-Grapefruit-Wash-Real-%20copy_1.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Got the new infallible 24 hour matte foundation and it's my favourite since EL DW, double wear gives me break outs do fingers crossed this doesn't -hoping to pick up more shades

Advertisement