Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Can anyone tell me how much spf is in the Loreal infallible 24 hr matte? Looking for a new night time foundation that won't make me look white in photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

sibby wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how much spf is in the Loreal infallible 24 hr matte? Looking for a new night time foundation that won't make me look white in photos.

I don't think there's any. Went looking for it on the bottle cause I was going hiking the other week and SPF isn't mentioned at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Yes, from what I can set there is none, but I've no idea about flash back yet in photos, really hoping it photographs well, fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

If your Tesco stocks Loreal the infallible foundations are reduced to €7. They were out of stock (or never had) the porcelain shade in Tesco Mahon but worth trying your local store. I think both the normal one and matte one are reduced. I ended up ordering from boots.ie (as they didn't have the shade in boots in Mahon either) Looking forward to getting it to see if it lives up to all the positive reviews.
    Also ordered 2 of the Seventeen photo flawless Mascara's as they were €1.25 and buy one get one half price
    boots-17-photo-flawless-mascara.jpg

Bought this to try it out to see will it tame my curly mop
    10116464?wid=153&hei=210&op_sharpen=1
    And 2 bach rescue remedies and a geranium dream pillow mist (€9.99 each but €14.99 for the 3 due to 2 offers being applied)
    10023392?wid=153&hei=210&op_sharpen=110008233?wid=153&hei=210&op_sharpen=1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Does anyone use any glamglow products? Are they worth the investment? Have read some reviews saying the products are amazing and others saying not to bother.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

LizT wrote: »
    Does anyone use any glamglow products? Are they worth the investment? Have read some reviews saying the products are amazing and others saying not to bother.

Two of my friends use them and rave about them. I keep meaning to try what they have out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

I have the power mud (green one) I use it once a week and love the deep clean. I leave it on for 15 minutes until it's completely dry and hardened. The I pat my face with some water and the mask turns to an oil and I massage my whole face until I have it completely soft then rinse.

It leaves my face feeling so soft and brighter.
    I can't wait to get the thirsty mud and try it out it's supposed to help with hydration.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

I have the power mud (green one) I use it once a week and love the deep clean. I leave it on for 15 minutes until it's completely dry and hardened. The I pat my face with some water and the mask turns to an oil and I massage my whole face until I have it completely soft then rinse.

It leaves my face feeling so soft and brighter.
    I can't wait to get the thirsty mud and try it out it's supposed to help with hydration.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I bought the green clay one and only used it twice cos I thought it was rubbish. It didn't do anything a good exfoliation wouldn't do. I ended up throwing the rest of the jar in the bin because it went all hard and gross.
    If you're looking for a good exfoliant the Kiehls microdermabrasion scrub is the best thing I've ever used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I've used samples of a couple of the masks, ThirstyMud (hydrating) & SuperMud (clearing). Really liked both of them! The day after using SuperMud, a couple of spots were majorly clearing up, much smaller and less red. I think if I were to buy a full size though, I'd go for ThirstyMud. I have combination skin and it helped massively with my dehydrated cheeks. It's just so hard to part with the money necessary to make the investment. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I got two samples of their masks, one sample of the eye mask and one sample of the hydrating mask.

The eye mask was useless I found and it irritated my eyes, it left them slightly red and sore and they ran water for a while afterwards, so I wouldn't repurchase or recommend that.

I still have my sample of the thirstymud mask, its alright, I don't find it does much tbh. I've left it on for a few minutes, few hours and over night, and get the same result with all of them tbh.

http://www.glamglowmud.com/products/shop-by-concern/hydration/thirstymud.html

I want to try their mud masks but to be honest, give how disappointed I was with their hydrating and eye mask I wouldn't be rushing out to buy another one from them.

Try get a sample if you can before splashing out because I personally don't think they are worth the price they cost, I think they are very much overpriced for what they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Just ordered. Anyone get these already. What's the quality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Picked up

MAC - Dervish
    mac-dervish.jpg?w=500&h=258

MAC - Edge to Edge
    superthumb.jpg

and MAC Melba
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoXAG4TPNLRmVayWxJlB_hQjND4KF7cvdavfVgd2WvsyFGOq4f

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Penzo16

lindtee wrote: »
    If your Tesco stocks Loreal the infallible foundations are reduced to €7. They were out of stock (or never had) the porcelain shade in Tesco Mahon but worth trying your local store. I think both the normal one and matte one are reduced. I ended up ordering from boots.ie (as they didn't have the shade in boots in Mahon either) Looking forward to getting it to see if it lives up to all the positive reviews.

Thanks for this! Had checked Tesco Douglas, but they only had the bottles down, all of which had already been opened. Went to Mahon after and got the matte version, was charged €12.99 at the till and went to customer service. She said the offer was over (€7 promo sign still up) but she had to honour that price, so I got the difference back. Can't wait to try it out :D

Also anyone looking to try the Collection Lasting Perfection foundation, it's currently down from €7.99 to €4.99 in Boots

Penzo16 wrote: »
    Thanks for this! Had checked Tesco Douglas, but they only had the bottles down, all of which had already been opened. Went to Mahon after and got the matte version, was charged €12.99 at the till and went to customer service. She said the offer was over (€7 promo sign still up) but she had to honour that price, so I got the difference back. Can't wait to try it out :D

Also anyone looking to try the Collection Lasting Perfection foundation, it's currently down from €7.99 to €4.99 in Boots

You're welcome:)

I was in Sam McCauley today and all the Loreal makeup was 33% off bringing the foundation down to about €8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

anna080 wrote: »
    If you're looking for a good exfoliant the Kiehls microdermabrasion scrub is the best thing I've ever used.

+1, it's super.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Stayed in my mum's last night and used her Nuxe Huile Prodigiuese OR on my hair.

HATED IT. It left my roots greasy and my ends like straw. Once my hair dried I was actually tempted to wash it again, and anyone who knows me will attest to how much I HATE washing my hair. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Got an email from millies this morning about a sale so I had a look, and even though i am broke I ordered a few things ( I can resist everything except temptation!:o) However, since then the items have disappeared off the site or have gone up to full price:confused: Hoping I will get the order after all or I will be :(

Clarins Renew plus body serum at €12.63 (Retails normally for €51.50)
    $_32-260x260-0-0.JPG
    Clarins Lotus Oil €9.93 (Normally retails for €39.95)

Lotus-oil.jpg
    And Orofluido gift set for €10 (normally at €35)
    orofluido-coffret-hair-body-1005478500_ML.jpg

Bah. Both Clarins items were cancelled I knew it was too good to be true. Don't know why millies.ie wouldn't admit that they were price errors instead of saying that they were out of stock (Lotus oil still on the site but the serum has disappeared) Still happy, with the Orofluido as the oil alone is usually at least €20 a bottle and got free delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I was in Spain over the weekend and picked up a few things from Kiko. I love their lipsticks so I got this in 613 (looks less purply in real life and this in 01. Just a perfect summer lip colour that stays on really well.

I also got this in 359, just a lovely light peach for my toe nails.

For the three it came to just over €11! I love that place so much! My only complaint is they don't make the powders etc in colours ideal for skin as fair as mine and as the shadows were on a deal a lot had sold out. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Kiko is fecking amazing. They deliver to Ireland by the way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Rediscovered this recently and just wanted to post up in case anyone is looking for a new foundation.
    Rimmel Match Perfection foundation. I have only ever used Lancome foundations. I have very pale skin and find it very had to find a good match to my skin other than Lancome foundations. I bought this Rimmel foundation simply because they did a shade pale enough for me. I bought shade 100 Ivory and it's just right. It's a light fresh foundation but can be layered if you like heavier coverage without looking cakey. I applied using the Real Techniques stippling brush and it looked lovely.

I also tried Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation after seeing some youtubers raving about it and I wasn't impressed. I got it in, what I believe is the lightest shade, 51 Light Vanilla, and it's just a bit too yellowy for me. Although I think it may be that the foundation oxidised on me. The foundation itself seems fine but obviously, not for me.

The Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer is a really good concealer. I use both it and the Collection concealer all the time and they are the only chemist brand concealers that I've ever repurchased. I use the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer in the shade 010 Ivory and it's a very good match to my skin. It has a good consistency and blends really well.

I tried the Maybelline Fit Me concealer in the shade 10 Light. It is way too dark for me and to be honest, not mad about the consistency of it as I found it difficult to apply. I'm raging because I bought it ages ago, obviously realised it was too dark for me and stopped using it, spotted it in boots a few months ago and bought it as there was a 3 for 2 offer on, got home and found the old one and then it dawned on me!

It's funny how, in the bottle, all the foundations and concealers can look alike but out on your hand/face they are so different.

The two Lancome foundations that I repurchase anytime I run out are Lancome Miracle Air de Teint in shade 005 Beige Ivory. This is a very light foundation, you do feel like you are not wearing any make up and it does actually give your face an airbrushed look. I find when I use this foundation I don't have to use as much concealer as it blurs out any redness or blemishes. I apply this foundation with my Lancome foundation brush (the one that looks like a paintbrush), because of it's runny consistency, I find this the best brush for application.
    The other foundation is Lancome Teint Miracle in shade 007 Beige Rose. This is a heavier foundation and one I wear if I am going out or I need my make up to last the day and it definitely lasts all day. It isn't as light as the Miracle Air de Teint but it doesn't feel uncomfortable on your skin and doesn't look cakey. It has a dewy finish and gives your skin a highlighted kind of look and looks very fresh. I use my Real Techniques stippling brush to apply this, as it's a heavier foundation this brush applies it more evenly over my face.

I also use the Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray and find this really helps my make up not budge. I drive a motorbike so with taking my helmet on and off, being exposed to wind and getting watery eyes etc., I need my foundation to stay and the Urban Decay spray is really good for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Kiko is fecking amazing. They deliver to Ireland by the way :)

their address input thing on their site is crap though - I tried to get something delivered to work and although I input the full address only half it came out on the invoice. I was getting something sent to work so had a bit more detail than a normal house address. Thankfully the package got returned to sender!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Got my urban decay naked on the run pallette this week it was €42.50 in the airport. Its nice I will use it a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Has anyone got the Too Faced Chocolate Bar eyeshadow palette? Heard great things about it and planning on treating myself to it hopefully next week when I get paid but would like to hear opinions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

donna35 wrote: »
    Has anyone got the Too Faced Chocolate Bar eyeshadow palette? Heard great things about it and planning on treating myself to it hopefully next week when I get paid but would like to hear opinions

My sister got it for me for Christmas and I love it. The eyeshadows are very pigmented and there's a good selection of colour in it. It also smells amazing everytime you open it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I have the palette as well, and love it! It's replaced the naked palette as my go-to, both for daytime and evening. There are some purple/wine shades I initially wasn't sure of, but after playing around with it those colours aren't scary at all :) for someone who prefers a neutral look, all the colours are very usable. A dramatic eye would be easily achievable too.

And the smell is divine!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I bought the Catrice "EyeBrow Lifter" on a whim and I love it. I easily prefer it to similar pencils I have from NYX, Urban Decay and Benefit.

Its a beautiful, pearly, matte texture, great for defining the brow area, but I've also found it works on the bridge of the nose, waterline of the eye, and around the lips as a highlight. It has a gorgeous, creamy blendable texture. Most pencils of this type are way too glittery for my liking, which is NOT a look I'd go for.

Fantastic for contouring and only cost about €4. I've had it for about 6 weeks now and its become a staple part of my every day and night time make up routine. Can't recommend enough!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Some of the Catrice stuff is good actually. Their mascara is miles better than the Elizabeth Arden one. The more expensive brand makes no difference to my eyes while the cheapest one appears darker and lengthens lashes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

eternal wrote: »
    Some of the Catrice stuff is good actually. Their mascara is miles better than the Elizabeth Arden one. The more expensive brand makes no difference to my eyes while the cheapest one appears darker and lengthens lashes.

I could not agree with you more - have given up on paying for high brand mascara ( tried them all !) .... the likes of Rimmel, Catrice etc are just as effective !!

Advertisement