Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I'll admit to loving my high end make-up, but I've been using a Catrice eyebrow pencil (the one with the spoolie) and I actually can't fault it. The texture is great and the nib doesn't break everytime I sharpen it. €2.80 too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I'll admit to loving my high end make-up, but I've been using a Catrice eyebrow pencil (the one with the spoolie) and I actually can't fault it. The texture is great and the nib doesn't break everytime I sharpen it. €2.80 too :)

Agreed! I love it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Big fan of the Catrice eyebrow pencils. My mum loves them as well. She hates putting on make up, so if she likes a product it must be great!

Bought a few wee bits this week.

Wet n Wild Mega Length mascara (the purple tube): I have a lot of lashes, but they are very short. I don't tend to wear mascara that often, but thought I'd try out a cheap lengthening one to see how it goes. It seems good so far, but I've a feeling that it'll end up smudging on me after a while :/

Wet n Wild Eyeshadow pencil: Got this in a nice taupey champagne colour. It has good payoff and a really nice smooth texture. Haven't worn it on the eyes for long enough yet, so can't comment on the lasting power.

Wet n Wild lip liner: Siobhán from LetzMakeup talked about these before so thought I'd pick one up. Got the bright red shade. They're nice and pigmented and don't drag on the lips. Texture wise they'd be closer to NYX than MAC. (NYX more soft and MAC more waxy).

NYX Stay Matte but Not Flat liquid foundation: Got this in Ivory. I was so happy to see a pale yellow toned foundation from a cheaper brand, because the foundations that are light enough for me seem to always be pink based. It's quite thick so hopefully it won't be too uncomfortable to wear all day. It doesn't have any SPF so might be good for nights out etc.

Got these last week but I'll add them in here too :)

NYX matte lipsticks: Got Strawberry Daquiri (a warm toned terracotta/pink) and Natural (cool toned dusky pink). Wore Strawberry Daquiri to a wedding last weekend and it was so comfortable on the lips. Really impressed with these lipsticks. They're pigmented and long-lasting.

Hamilton Long pharmacy beside the Bank of Ireland on O'Connell Street has a NYX stand now too. The lipsticks were all picked over and mostly testers left, which is a bit **** (especially cause I wanted to pick up more matte lipsticks), but pretty much all other sections were well-stocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

If one was to splash out on a tom ford eye shadow palette - which one would you recommend ?!!!

going to treat myself to one and cant decide which one - I want them all !?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

whatever76 wrote: »
    If one was to splash out on a tom ford eye shadow palette - which one would you recommend ?!!!

going to treat myself to one and cant decide which one - I want them all !?!

I don't have any myself but if I was to get one I think I'd go for the Cognac Sable one. It's beautiful.

tom-ford.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Bought the new Rimmel eyebrow powder and wax, really happy with it. On eyebrows, actually, I bought a tweezers and travel mirror in Penneys for €1.50, it's the best tweezers I've ever owned! Really really grippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Got this in Boots today, on offer for €4. I will report back on how it works or doesn't!

10160153?id=oLRa13&fmt=jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Valentina wrote: »
    Got this in Boots today, on offer for €4. I will report back on how it works or doesn't!

10160153?id=oLRa13&fmt=jpg
    I would recommend doing a patch test with that before putting it all over your face. I used one of the masks from that brand before (pretty sure it was that one) and it burned my skin, I ended up needing an emergency visit to the dr and a steroid cream for it.

I can PM you pics if you want so you see how bad it was. I won't post them publicly though.

I would recommend doing a patch test with that before putting it all over your face. I used one of the masks from that brand before (pretty sure it was that one) and it burned my skin, I ended up needing an emergency visit to the dr and a steroid cream for it.

I can PM you pics if you want so you see how bad it was. I won't post them publicly though.

Oh god! Sorry to hear that happened to you. I'm starting a new job on Monday so wanted to sort out my face before I started. Patch test it is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Valentina wrote: »
    Oh god! Sorry to hear that happened to you. I'm starting a new job on Monday so wanted to sort out my face before I started. Patch test it is!!
    Lol thanks, I just said I'd let you know in case the same happened, better to be safe than sorry. If you want to see those pics let me know and I'll send them on! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Just one bit of advice for everyone on here since its being talked about above make sure you patch test every new product before you use it. This means for me anyway that I test it on my arm or behind my ear to make sure I'm not allergic, then on my face somewhere where I get acne and somewhere where I'm sensitive to have dry or oily skin just to make sure that the product doesn't adversely effect my skin in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Clarins exfoliating brightening toner, €31
    Lancome Tonique Douceur, €27.50
    First Aid Radiance Brightening pads, €24 (haven't got these yet, they're to alternate with the Clarins)

The addition of acid toning and hydrating toning has made a difference already just in the last few days. My skin has lost its dullness and is much clearer and brighter with no dry patches. Luckily I'm already happy with cleanser, serum and moisturisers after the whack that set me back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I caved & bought a full sized pot of GlamGlow Thirsty Mud - had used a sample of it months ago but hated the thought of paying so much for it. Luckily I got it with 20% off so that lessened the blow a bit! Used it the other night, it's so lovely & hydrating. Have found a difference in my dehydrated skin already, foundation is sitting a lot nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

ShazGV wrote: »
    I caved & bought a full sized pot of GlamGlow Thirsty Mud - had used a sample of it months ago but hated the thought of paying so much for it. Luckily I got it with 20% off so that lessened the blow a bit! Used it the other night, it's so lovely & hydrating. Have found a difference in my dehydrated skin already, foundation is sitting a lot nicer.

Where did you purchase it with 20% off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I got it in my local Cara Pharmacy, they're running a 20% off skincare promotion until today. Just checked & it's on their website too, I assume until midnight but I'm not sure: https://www.carapharmacy.com

I've never ordered off the website so I have no idea what delivery is like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Just received the 10pc brush set. Which brush are people using for foundation?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

Received my brushes too! They seem to be great quality, very pleased with them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Received my brushes too! They seem to be great quality, very pleased with them!

How long were you waiting do u mind me asking. ? ordered round 2 weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I was waiting about a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

heyday30 wrote: »
    How long were you waiting do u mind me asking. ? ordered round 2 weeks ago.

3 weeks

• Advertisement

I managed to pick up the last can of LRP Serozinc in Boots Stephen's Green today, delighted with myself. Just had a spritz of it there and it's very soothing. Can see it coming in very handy during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

What's that ilyana?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Tigger99 wrote: »
    What's that ilyana?

Toning mist/spray for irritated skin - gentle enough for a baby's bum! I've been meaning to try it for ages, will be staying tuned for a review from Ilyana!

Tigger99 wrote: »
    What's that ilyana?

It's basically a toner, a zinc sulphate solution that's apparently great for oily, spot-prone skin. It's supposedly good for oil control, calming breakouts and even soothing rashes and sunburn. It was €11, worth a try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

2qv7ak3.jpg

Picked these up a few weeks ago in Penneys.

The NYC Smooch Proof lip stain (on right) has just gone in the bin. The pigmentation is crap and its really drying and makes my lips uncomfortable.

Would really recommend the Catrice Beautifying Lip Smoother (on left) - its a dupe for a similar product by Clarins and is lovely to wear - really moisturizing and not sticky and gives a lovely colour also - costs about three fiddy or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

ams wrote: »
    Would really recommend the Catrice Beautifying Lip Smoother (on left) - its a dupe for a similar product by Clarins

Does it have a sponge applicator, by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

I bought Serozinc recently too. I didn't feel it really did anything beneficial and if anything my face was a bit redder after using it! Trust my skin to react the opposite way!

Lol thanks, I just said I'd let you know in case the same happened, better to be safe than sorry. If you want to see those pics let me know and I'll send them on! :)

Did a test patch on my wrist on Sunday night and another on my face last night. So far no reaction so going to try a full mask tonight. Fingers crossed it's okay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Does it have a sponge applicator, by any chance?

Yes kind of a slanted sponge applicator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ColonelMustard

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum malarkey but really liked the idea of this one as I find myself wasting a lot of money on the wrong products and would like to change that. I've got quite dry skin and have tried pretty much every foundation from Chanel to No. 7 and still end up looking patchy by the end of the day. I was thinking of buying MAC's Pro Longwear SPF 10 Foundation as I really like their eye shadows and lipsticks.

I'd really welcome any thoughts on this product

Advertisement