Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭aimerlans

Don't know if it has been mentionned already but the new Rimmel Day and Night mascara is amazing.. one part lengthens and another adds volume.. i've bought these before and found them useless but this one is really really good.. Definitley recommend to anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrshappy

Had seen it advertised so great to hear a good review of it. I am always using Yves St laurent but I honestly only get a few weeks out of it before it goes clumpy so might try this one next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

It wont let me proceed to paypal because I have no postcode??
    Is there something im missing out on here??:confused:
    Possibly something ridiculously stupid i know!

i think you just put in n/a that should do the trick. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Christian Dior black eyeliner pencil - around eBay €6

$(KGrHqIOKpUE3tk)2uq+BOBhf,Pzmw~~_12.JPG

Clarins Colour Quench Lip Balm - 03 Candy Pink - eBay around €9

000037696?$beauty_product$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 michellery

Bought a few things from Avon and got my order the other day! Not too impressed with all my purchases though :mad:!

I got glazewear lipstick in coral bliss, its a lovely colour and comes in a really nice gold applicator but it doesn't last long at all, bit disappointed with it!

Got the Fergie perfume- Outspoken- undecided whether I like it or not. Its a really strong 'cheap' smell when you put it on at first, nothing like it what it smells like when you rub the page in the catolgue, but after awhile it does start to smell nice. I think it'll be a perfume I'll have to put on awhile before I go out and not bring it out with me to reapply-although it seems to last for ages, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Next is the clearskin professional toning pads- don't like these at all they leave my face feeling really sticky! Very disappointed especially as I bought two packs!

Lastly I got solutions plus alcohol free hydrating toner, this is really good. Leaves my skin feeling really fresh and smooth!

Overall a disappointing experience with Avon, I think in future I'll stick to shops where I can actually sample what I am buying!

I bought several Avon products recently and was very pleased with them, also the price is very good. I mainly bought from Avon because I heard a lot of lies being told about Avon by a company called Oriflame and said to myself that if that company felt so threatened by Avon then Avon must be good. Was able to confirm that the claims by the Oriflame rep were lies as I'm a fraud investigator. As such will now never buy from Oriflame as I've found them to be a very unethical company. Also I've learnt from the Avon rep that they sponsor two full time Cancer nurses in Ireland each year. So I'm either going to shop buy or get from Avon. My friends have used Avon and have been really happy with it. They had got The glimmersticks for eyes and lips, the room spray and linen freshener, leggings, a bra, pyjamas, some friendship bracelets, mens deodorant, hair colorant, shampoo, lip conditioner, moisture rich lipstick, a handbag, sun lotions, foot care products, nail polish and a few other things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 michellery

The Frizz Ease 3 day straight is also brill for frizzy hair.......it's a bit like the 12 week blow dry and it really works.....great for hair like mine that turns into a ball of Frizz in humidity. Only thing is it appears to be sold out everywhere I look :(

you know you look at this thread too much when you starting dreaming about finding the perfect blusher....which it was...but it was just a dream:o:confused:

michellery wrote: »
    The Frizz Ease 3 day straight is also brill for frizzy hair.......it's a bit like the 12 week blow dry and it really works.....great for hair like mine that turns into a ball of Frizz in humidity. Only thing is it appears to be sold out everywhere I look :(
    Do you mean the John Freida 3 day straight?

Boots in Mullingar have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Photo0176.jpg?auth=co&loc=en_GB&id=80662&part=3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

All Elf products my first purchase from them
    165696.jpg
    Eye Widener Eyeliner Pencil - This is a regular white pencil but doesn't spread all that well, it's too soft and goes kinda clumpy so that's a fail. I'll try it again but i dont have much faith in better results. It has a handy sharpener on the cap.

Green shimmer Pencil - Unlike the White pencil this has a good colour, sticks to the eye and spreads well. I really liked this as I have a green shadow to match, it blends easily and it has a nice bit of sparkle.

Studio Translucent Matte Power - I love this. It's not too heavy or 'powdery' looking, sets well and stays. It has a great big mirror too!

Mineral Eyeshadow Primer - Never used a primer before so i didn't know what to expect and this was so cheap compared to say Urban Decays primer I had to buy it! I was glad to find it works! I did a swatch with and without primer it makes the colour a little more intense and the shadow lasts a little longer.

Studio Make Up Mist & Set - Just bought this a an experiment, I haven't used it enough to see if it really works but so far all i've noticed is it smells weird and a slight tight feeling on the skin when it dries (It dries really quickly.)

• Advertisement

Absolutely loving No.7 exceptional definition mascara atm! It's quite similar to Essence maximum definition mascara, the only difference I can see it the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

kerash wrote: »
    Studio Make Up Mist & Set - Just bought this a an experiment, I haven't used it enough to see if it really works but so far all i've noticed is it smells weird and a slight tight feeling on the skin when it dries (It dries really quickly.)

I bought this too, hope it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

michellery wrote: »
    I bought several Avon products recently and was very pleased with them, also the price is very good. I mainly bought from Avon because I heard a lot of lies being told about Avon by a company called Oriflame and said to myself that if that company felt so threatened by Avon then Avon must be good. Was able to confirm that the claims by the Oriflame rep were lies as I'm a fraud investigator. As such will now never buy from Oriflame as I've found them to be a very unethical company. Also I've learnt from the Avon rep that they sponsor two full time Cancer nurses in Ireland each year. So I'm either going to shop buy or get from Avon. My friends have used Avon and have been really happy with it. They had got The glimmersticks for eyes and lips, the room spray and linen freshener, leggings, a bra, pyjamas, some friendship bracelets, mens deodorant, hair colorant, shampoo, lip conditioner, moisture rich lipstick, a handbag, sun lotions, foot care products, nail polish and a few other things.

Someone created an Avon thread and were saying they were disappointed with the stuff. I'd have to agree with you in that they seem to have good ethical policies which I'd love to support but I just find their makeup disappointing. I think non cosmetic items and toiletries are good though so from time to time I use them. Good that they're branching out away from just makeup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Tayla wrote: »
    They're from the same range so I presume it would be similar, the mist looks like it would be maybe a lighter version but miracle concentrate would be pretty light on your hair anyway so it would be hard to use too much
    :)
    If you can't find the miracle mist you might also struggle to find the miracle concentrate but i've seen them in Tesco and Superdrug!
    I got it in Boots yesterday, hidden behind the concentrate.:p

How can I put up pics, have some stuff I want to show you all??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Got some Revlon lip products in their 3for2 in Boots today.

Pink in the afternoon lipstick, Pink lipliner and a lipgloss in tickled pink I think! Hoping it'll be a good combo for my wedding day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

my nars orgasm arrived at last :D I didnt get to try it out yet though as in my excitement I managed to leave it on my desk in work (eek I hope its still there!!)

I am still in search of the essence ballerina collection anyone seen it yet? I am so impatient!

Got an amazing bargain in boots the other day. John Friedas frizz ease humidity spray it was 25 cent with my 3 euro professional hair care voucher!! its brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭heathersissy79

What do you think of my new Kiko Milano red lipstick! :P
    Does it go with my outfit?

[Embedded Image Removed]

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Finally got my grubby little mitts on the Urban Decay Naked Palette!
    I am in love already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭caroline72

tanya2007 wrote: »
    theres 2 shade is n cara , med glow and deep glow . dont think there is a light shade.

just wondering how u have been getting on with this since??i am ADDICTED to sally,usually wear tan or medium (find them very similar) or deep glow if i'm on a special night out. never use developing tan anymore but always on the look out for a cheaper alternative!thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 gronja

Hi everyone,

I'm on the quest of two items: a good smudgeproof mascara, does this actually exist? And a natural looking fake tan that doesn't smell. I have tried a broad range and they all smell, I'm starting to think they could just be reacting with my skin.

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement

gronja wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm on the quest of two items: a good smudgeproof mascara, does this actually exist? And a natural looking fake tan that doesn't smell. I have tried a broad range and they all smell, I'm starting to think they could just be reacting with my skin.

No.7 Exception Definition Mascara, YSL Faux Cils, Lancome Hypnose and Lancome Defincilas mascaras don't smudge (well they haven't on me!).

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

my nars orgasm arrived at last :D I didnt get to try it out yet though as in my excitement I managed to leave it on my desk in work (eek I hope its still there!!)

I am still in search of the essence ballerina collection anyone seen it yet? I am so impatient!

Got an amazing bargain in boots the other day. John Friedas frizz ease humidity spray it was 25 cent with my 3 euro professional hair care voucher!! its brilliant

I saw the essence ballerina range in Bradleys pharmacy in Mukhuddart, Dublin 15. Don't now if they have it in all the bradley pharmacies though!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Went to Mac Pro today in NY. It was amazing! They had so much stuff! I want to go back again (when I have more money!) and get the Pro Long Wear Foundation.

Today I picked up lipstick, Russian Red $14.50, and lip liner $13, Brick. Very happy with them both, smooth application and excellent colour.

mac-russian-red_300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

gronja wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I use Xen Tan once a week tan. I put it on before bed and shower it off in the morning but if you're pressed for time you can just let it develop for 3 hours. It doesn't have the usual fake tan smell, it smells like vanilla and biscuits to me and the smell goes anyway after you shower! It's also lightly tinted so you can see which areas you've already done. One bottle lasts about five full body applications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 gronja

No.7 Exception Definition Mascara, YSL Faux Cils, Lancome Hypnose and Lancome Defincilas mascaras don't smudge (well they haven't on me!).

Thanks a mill for that, will try one of those out to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Got myself Mac Hue over the weekend for free in exchange for 6 used products. Very similar to all the other lipsticks I have but oh well!

MacHue.jpg

Also picked up two Barry M nail varnishes in Peach Melba

pic1.jpg

and Strawberry Ice Cream

Barry_m-strawberry_icecream.jpg

(Not my hands!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I've ordered some hair products, I haven't received them yet though :(

I ordered Joico Kpak shampoo and conditioner kpaka.jpg

I also order a clarifying shampoo from Redken called Redken hair cleansing cream redken.jpg

Intensive conditioner from L'oreal called L'ORÉAL PROFESSIONNEL SÉRIE EXPERT ABSOLUT REPAIR CONDITIONER

orealk.jpg

Redken Aerate aerate.jpg

I got the L'oreal lash architect mascara free for buying 2 Redken products
    lashw.jpg

Biosilk silk therapy treatment silkqd.jpg

I ordered these as a gift for my friend because she's being going on about them for ages, the clairol shimmer lights shampoo and conditioner clairolshimmerlightss.jpg

clairolshimmerlightsc.jpg

and finally I ordered a pack of Redken deep fuel, I heard this was discontinued and it has worked wonders for me in the past so I wanted to get a pack so I will have it for the future!
    deepfuel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter - Liking it so far but only used it for a few days ... hopefully it lives up to its review

kc.jpg

Orlee wrote: »
    Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter - Liking it so far but only used it for a few days ... hopefully it lives up to its review

kc.jpg

i love this......smells like the refresher sweets *drool* but its sooo good. i usually slap some on my feet and put socks over it to leave it soak in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭culsoh

Bought in the recent ELF 50% sale

81150_PRODUCT_IMAGE.jpg
    Cream Eyeliner

81300_PRODUCT_IMAGE.jpg
    Eyebrow Kit in light

82101_PRODUCT_IMAGE.jpg
    Lip Primer and Plumper

Lipsticks:
    6701_LIPSTICK_NEW_ROLLOVER(1).jpg
    Nicely Nude