Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Culsoh, pleeeeease let us know what you think of the lipsticks, the colours you chose are fab!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

What do you think of my new Kiko Milano red lipstick! :P
    Does it go with my outfit?

[Embedded Image Removed]

Ahh, I got this is Berlin and lost it! Did you by any chance get in Ireland or from somewhere that ships to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭culsoh

Tayla wrote: »
    Culsoh, pleeeeease let us know what you think of the lipsticks, the colours you chose are fab!

I love them! There a really good colour payoff, its moisturising and lasts ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Essence - Purple Cherry - €1.99

5091384020_64f21505fe.jpg

Essence - Just Shout - €1.99

essence-just-shout1-copy.jpg

Essence - Call It Fame - €1.99

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bH6C0BRUc8s/ThNbh__Q0KI/AAAAAAAAAYM/HC1f6HDqw5w/s1600/P1050247.JPG - pic is too big to post, sorry.

VO5 Silky Smooth Shampoo / Conditioner - Heatons €3.50

vo5-elixir-luminous-shine.jpg

Tresemme Deep Clean Shampoo/Conditioner - Heatons €4.50

4423802.jpg

Vichy Soin Hydratant Anti-Imperfections Moisturiser - Mullingar Pharmacy €9

product_2849189b.jpg

Also got some samples of the following :)

La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra

LP14436_medium.jpg

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo

P766_medium.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Had a little beauty spree during the week, although have the urge to raid Boots tomorrow, have loads of points!!

Its a really nice colour, shiny-but not too shiny and lasts for a few hours even when having a few drinks! Goes on really smoothly, feels silky on my lips. Have been looking for a lipstick for awhile-cos my mother says its about time I started using lipstick 'cos lipgloss is for younger people'-cheek!! I love the silver casing- it make it look really expensive, but it was only 4.99euro! I'm well impressed!

Also bought essence stay with me long lasting lipgloss in my favourite milkshake! Again a lovely colour. Its not too sticky and it really is long lasting lipgloss!

I bought Bronz' express lotion. Its like an oil, colour comes up straight away and o smell. It came off really well and didn't streak. Best fake tan I've used, I think even better than St.Moritz. Although a lot dearer at 13euro, and that was a reduced price!!

• Advertisement

Just bought some of this on eBay for €7 including postage.

Luminous-Moisturizing-Foundation.jpg

Thats really good, could you PM me the contact?Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

Bought some nail foil and nail foil adhesive from the below lady on ebay.

Wow this stuff is great and is really easy to use. Just takes a bit of time to rub the foil all over to ensure it transfers correctly. I can see myself becoming seriously addicted to this stuff.

http://shop.ebay.ie/jennysellsfoils/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

Also bought some ELF goodies as pressies

Mini makeup kit - I am not really into such kits myself but this is packaged nicely and will make a nice gift - 15.00

Shimmer mineral powder kit - again nice gift contains makeup bag, shimmer powder and kabuki brush

Eyebrow kit - I already have this myself and find it fantastic - really good value at 3.50

Mineral smokey eye kit, contains three pots of eyeshadow pigment, two eyeshadow brushes and an eyeliner - 12.00

And my final purchase was from amazon - a bobby brown lip gloss at the bargain price of £7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

any chance you could pm the link plz?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭heathersissy79

Ahh, I got this is Berlin and lost it! Did you by any chance get in Ireland or from somewhere that ships to Ireland?

Hey Lorraine, I presume you're talking about the Kiko Milano makeup! I bought it on the Continent too so amn't sure if they deliver here. Love the huge selction in Kiko Milano's but usually use Rimmel, do you know of a place in Dublin with an equally big selection at a reasonable price?

[Embedded Image Removed]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Recently bought Catrice Black Liquid Eyeliner and it is BRILLIANT!

I usually use Mac Gel Liner (love it) but a friend picked up Catrice and I think its fab. About 4euro I think. So easy to apply and it stays on forever. I applied it at 6.30am and it was still intact at 9pm that night! Will def buy again.

frogstar wrote: »
    Recently bought Catrice Black Liquid Eyeliner and it is BRILLIANT!

I usually use Mac Gel Liner (love it) but a friend picked up Catrice and I think its fab. About 4euro I think. So easy to apply and it stays on forever. I applied it at 6.30am and it was still intact at 9pm that night! Will def buy again.

Catrice gel liner is amazing too

Mini Christmas arrived in Bobbin's house this morning :D Dads got more stuff to send me next week, woot :D

Dad sent me Nails Inc Malibu Cosmo which he got for free & I bought on last week on eBay for around €9. So now I have two lol :o
    P7110001.jpg

Mini Christmas arrived in Bobbin's house this morning :D Dads got more stuff to send me next week, woot :D

Dad sent me Nails Inc Malibu Cosmo which he got for free & I bought on last week on eBay for around €9. So now I have two lol :o
    your dad??? :eek: i wanna be in your house at xmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

My first ELF haul :) And all for like €11! 50% off all the eye products

Liquid Eyeliner Coffee
    Coffee%252520Eyeliner.jpg

Mod Mauve
    Mod%252520Mauve.jpg

Natural Radiance Blusher Bronzed
    Blusher%252520Bronzed.jpg

Rosy Raisin
    Rosy%252520Raisin.jpg

Natural Lash Kit-Brown
    Lashes.jpg

Duo Eyeshadow Mocha Swirl
    Mocha%252520Swirl.jpg

All over color stick Lilac Petal
    Lilac%252520Petal.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Orlee wrote: »

Mocha%252520Swirl.jpg
    Did you like this? I thought it was terrible quality when i bought it...tried twice and i was done!

My first ELF haul :) And all for like €11! 50% off all the eye products

Liquid Eyeliner Coffee
    Coffee%252520Eyeliner.jpg

Mod Mauve
    Mod%252520Mauve.jpg

Rosy Raisin
    Rosy%252520Raisin.jpg

What did you think of the eyeliner also? I got it in a grey colour but it was practically dried out when I got it and then when I did try to use the tip was really rough and uncomfortable to use.

Those nail varnishes are lovely colours!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

anniehoo wrote: »

Mocha%252520Swirl.jpg
    Did you like this? I thought it was terrible quality when i bought it...tried twice and i was done!
    Me too Annie hoo, it's terrible quality! I ordered it because I have another duo in similar colours from elf that they seem to have stopped doing and it was really nice. Overall with elf eyeshadows I find they aren't overly pigmented and don't last that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

lizt wrote: »
    Me too Annie hoo, it's terrible quality! I ordered it because I have another duo in similar colours from elf that they seem to have stopped doing and it was really nice. Overall with elf eyeshadows I find they aren't overly pigmented and don't last that long.

Aw ... I haven't even gotten delivery yet and I'm not looking forward ot it anymore :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dublin141

I would usually use the ELF duos over their cream duos, not that I use them a lot. The berry one is nice though. I bought a few of their eyeliners in the one order, they worked okay if I set it with powder but one was completely dried out. They aren't soft at all. I wouldn't repurchase those.

I quite like their blushers, but the cheaper ones are hard to open sometimes. :) (Don't drop it whatever you do!) The nail polishes are hit and miss. Some are great, others not so much. I have mod mauve, but I can't remember what it's like, plus some of their polishes have been reformulated since I first ordered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

got the same shades as the eye shadow above but in eye cream and nope not great the lighter shade is orange!
    Love my elf eyeliner though its fab I got the mocha one.
    Not mad on the shimmering facial whip but I love the multiple stick though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

1505_ROLLOVER(1).jpg

Okay girls so i got my first big haul of ELF products from their 50% off sale
    Impressed by this colour of varnish, isn't as thick as i would like but its a good every day colour

1512_ROLLOVER(1).jpg

Not even half as dark red as i would have wanted, would swear it was the medium, it also takes a while to dry!

1543_ROLLOVER(1).jpg

Absolutely gorgeous on! The only one not to chip with my nitrite gloves on all day!

product~prodID~31.htm#

Really like this powder, its light and the colour isn't as orange based as i thought. Matches perfect with my clinique fooundation

Bought these two brushes but they fell apart within minutes of opening them so i'm not sure whether to email ELF or not. Does anyone here know their returns policy??

1815_PRODUCT_IMAGE.jpg

1814_PRODUCT_IMAGE.jpg

Also got the foundation brush below and i'm really impressed with how soft it is, no bristles fallen out yet :)

1801_PRODUCT_IMAGE.jpg

I also got the everyday basics palette. Was wearing two of the colours today, they did lose some pigmentation during the day but what a fab palette for everyday use. Nice blending tones and acent colours as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dublin141

They're good at returning, but you'll probably have to email a photo. I buy a couple of blending brushes whenever I order, and there seems to be a problem with one of them every time. :(

Might be a delay in a reply if they have a special offer running though.

What was the powder? I can't see the pic, sorry.

Got this from the mammy as a pressie :D

IMG_9919.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I've been using that Gosh primer for a good few months now.

I don't know if it's because I'm coming to the end of it or what but it's started to 'flake' on my skin when I'm applying it. Very strange.

i know i've down rated avon on here before, but ordered their foot works marine salt scrub and balm......its absolutely fantastic. feet are silky smooth without the greasiness of some foot creams.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

caroline72 wrote: »
    just wondering how u have been getting on with this since??i am ADDICTED to sally,usually wear tan or medium (find them very similar) or deep glow if i'm on a special night out. never use developing tan anymore but always on the look out for a cheaper alternative!thanks :)

love it not as flawless as sally but the deep glow is very dark so i mix it in with my sally light glow gives a lovely flawless finish , if ya get your hands on it id defo pick it up and mix it in with ur sally. its 2 for E4.50 in cara.

I've been using that Gosh primer for a good few months now.

I don't know if it's because I'm coming to the end of it or what but it's started to 'flake' on my skin when I'm applying it. Very strange.

ya the same has happened to me i thought it was because it was maybe that i havnt used it in a few months but mine is nearly finished as well so that is prob what is wrong with but still it shouldnt happen to it.

Asphyxia wrote: »
    I got a message from the ebay user that I won the MAC lipstick from informing me she was sending me another MAC lipstick to make up for noticing a dent in the other lipstick made by the lid

MAC - Ravishing
    macravishing__09348.jpg

Beautiful coral lipstick :D

Two MAC lipsticks for under 7 euro isn't bad at all :D:D

oh loveee that colour , does she have any more for sale do ya know :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

tanya2007 wrote: »
    oh loveee that colour , does she have any more for sale do ya know :)

Unfortunately no :( She was just selling a few bits from the house she told me, I'm hoping she has another makeup clean out soon:)

Advertisement