Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

anna080 wrote: »
    The duvet cover yes. I used to sleep with it over my mouth too and since I've stopped I haven't had any spots in that area. Try falling asleep with it down around your chest area and resist the urge to pull it up. Now and again I'll still wake up with it over my mouth though but since changing it more frequently I don't think its as much of a problem.

janey mac, i don't know if i can sleep with it unless its up over my face hahaha il try tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eirebiz

Hitting a milestone birthday soon I needed serious skin care. I have tried several moisturisers which promise all kinds of things. And the prices are astronomical. While shopping at Aldi recently I had a very lucky find. Night and day "Expert wrinkle filling anti age". All i can say is WOW. After using for a few days I can truly say that this product works. And it works on sensetive skin which I have. And at only €4.99 each it is incredible value. This is a keeper girls. You must try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

eirebiz wrote: »
    Hitting a milestone birthday soon I needed serious skin care. I have tried several moisturisers which promise all kinds of things. And the prices are astronomical. While shopping at Aldi recently I had a very lucky find. Night and day "Expert wrinkle filling anti age". All i can say is WOW. After using for a few days I can truly say that this product works. And it works on sensetive skin which I have. And at only €4.99 each it is incredible value. This is a keeper girls. You must try it.

If you come across it. The anti wrinkle eye gel/serum in red packaging.
    It's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eirebiz

heyday30 wrote: »
    It's amazing.

Thanks for that. Sometimes they don't always stock all the products. I will certainly keep my eye out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Banaba

I need new make up brushes has any one any recommendations on a good brand? Was looking at blank canvas and ELF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

My advice is steer clear of brush sets as in my experience there's usually a few 'duds' in the set or at best, brushes that you'll just never use.
    Blank Canvas brushes are ok, I like the F15 tapered brush and the F32 sculpting brush. The F30 brush is the larger sculpting brush and is too big IMO. The F20 foundation brush is probably the most hyped BC brush but I was not that impressed by it. I prefer the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I don't know much about Elf but I've heard that Zoeva brushes are quite good & very reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Banaba wrote: »
    I need new make up brushes has any one any recommendations on a good brand? Was looking at blank canvas and ELF

I have a good few ELF brushes and I love them. Great value. Must order a few more now that I think of it! I've never used blank canvas but I also use real techniques and I like them do. Not too expensive either if you wait until a buy one get one half price in boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I think there is a buy one get one half price on Real Technique brushes in Boots at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I love Real Techniques brushes, or Sigma brushes which can be got off Cloud10. I recently decided to try out the RT version of the beauty blender though and I've used it every day for my foundation since I got it, absolutely love it! And it's only €8 in Boots. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

On the subject of make up brushes - is anyone else having issues with Real Techniques brushes shedding?

I've noticed that the last few times I have used my buffing brush that it sheds like there's no tomorrow. I spend a good 10 mins picking bristles off my face and if I touch the brush head with my hand, I always end up with bristles coming out of the brush?

I've had brushes by other brands shed before, but nothing like this. I've had the brush about 1.5-2 years maybe with constant use and washing, never let water get inside the ferrule though as I know that can loosen the glue and cause the brush head to come off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Has anyone tried Glam Glow? Just sitting here with a mask on. Can't move my face.

Taboola wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Glam Glow? Just sitting here with a mask on. Can't move my face.
    Which one? I have the one in the white tub, and when its almost dry, I can't move my face either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Which one? I have the one in the white tub, and when its almost dry, I can't move my face either.

Yeh it was the white one. Supermud™ Clearing Treatment.

My skin feels really tight now. Came off easily as well. I got a sample. Not sure if i'll buy a full tub just yet.

Taboola wrote: »
    Yeh it was the white one. Supermud™ Clearing Treatment.

My skin feels really tight now. Came off easily as well. I got a sample. Not sure if i'll buy a full tub just yet.
    My face has never felt tight afterwards so I would definitely hold out and continue on with the sample before buying it as its pretty pricey at €51.

I have the one in the blue tube (mines a sample though) and its alright, don't really notice a huge difference so I won't be repurchasing a full size one.

I recently got the two L'Oreal infallible foundations (infallible and infallible matte) and I have to say I am really disappointed in them both. I heard nothing but good reviews about them so went ahead and got them, and I am really regretting it.

They both set really quickly so you need to work at super speed to blend them in and maybe its just me, but around my nose, bridge, sides, between my brows it does not set at all and it applies patchy. I've tried using my fingers, real techniques sponge, various brushes, and the same result each time.

They both separate around my nose (on the cheek area beside my nose), settle into my laughter line and look cakey, they cake around blemishes.

I've tried mixing them with primers, applying them over primers, applying the foundations, then stippling primer over them and nothing works. I don't think I've tried foundations that disappoint me as much as these have.

I got the L'Oreal BB cream the same day (3 for 2 offer) which I've yet to try so I'm hoping that's not a disappointment either.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

heyday30 wrote: »
    It's amazing.
    Thanks for that. Sometimes they don't always stock all the products. I will certainly keep my eye out for it.

I've been using the Night and Day Expert wrinkle filling anti age duo for about a year now & they are simply amazing!!

Incredibly cheap & a jar lasts me for ages.

I bought three of the eye gels last time they were available & am only half way through the second one at the moment.

The eye gels are specials unfortunately but the Night and Day Expert creams are stock items.

Aldi's make up wipes are also fantastic.

I LOVE Aldi!!! :o

Banaba wrote: »
    _meehan_ wrote: »
    I love Real Techniques brushes, or Sigma brushes which can be got off Cloud10. I recently decided to try out the RT version of the beauty blender though and I've used it every day for my foundation since I got it, absolutely love it! And it's only €8 in Boots. :)

I highly recommend both ELF Studio & Essential range of brushes.

There is the odd dud but at $1 or $3 a pop, they are well worth a punt!

They can be bought from iHerb.com and ikatehouse.com - both very reliable sites to purchase from.

I have a discount code ($10 off) for iHerb if anyone wants to PM me for it.

They also have ridiculously cheap shipping.

Always choose the standard shipping & you are unlikely to get caught for customs.

iHerb also sell the RT brushes & the sponge is only $5.99!!!

I usually have a least one order arriving every month for over a year now & never have any problems at all.

Waiting on my first order from ikatehouse.com so will keep ye posted!!

This is my order;

Sku Item Qty Subtotal
    AKH1002-GLM951 LA Girl Perfecting Liquid Makeup Color : GLM951-Ivory 1 $4.99
    AKH1003-CLM282 LA Colors Liquid Makeup Color : CLM282-Natural 1 $1.99
    AKH1004-GC969 LA Girl Pro Conceal Color : GC969-Porcelain 2 $4.98
    AKH1004-GC970 LA Girl Pro Conceal Color : GC970-Light Ivory 2 $4.98
    AKH1043 3 Set of LA Girl Primer Eyeshadow Stick 1 $4.99
    CKH1019-GP306 LA Girl Endless Auto Pencil Color : GP306-Deep Plum 1 $1.49
    CKH1311 Beauty Treats Matte Blush Palette 1 $5.99
    Total Quantity : 9
    Subtotal $29.41
    Shipping & Handling $14.95
    Discount (Liberty15) -$2.94
    Grand Total $41.42

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

keredern wrote: »
    I've been using the Night and Day Expert wrinkle filling anti age duo for about a year now & they are simply amazing!!

Incredibly cheap & a jar lasts me for ages.

I bought three of the eye gels last time they were available & am only half way through the second one at the moment.

The eye gels are specials unfortunately but the Night and Day Expert creams are stock items.

Aldi's make up wipes are also fantastic.

I LOVE Aldi!!! :o
    I bought the day cream today - it's really really thick and rich. Takes ages to absorb too. What is the night cream like?

Incidentally, I love Aldi too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Taboola & StripedBoxers - where did yous get the GlamGlow samples? Would really like to try one of the masks but no way am I shelling out €50 for something I haven't tried.

Taboola & StripedBoxers - where did yous get the GlamGlow samples? Would really like to try one of the masks but no way am I shelling out €50 for something I haven't tried.
    I got mine in a local pharmacy where I live, but all the places that sell GlamGlow all sell samples of the masks. The samples are €15 each (but if you get a full size product then you get a free sample of your choice).

Most places let you redeem the price of the sample against the price of the full size product but you need to check with wherever you're buying to make sure they do.

Alice1 wrote: »
    I bought the day cream today - it's really really thick and rich. Takes ages to absorb too. What is the night cream like?

Incidentally, I love Aldi too!

I know the day cream is rich but I find that if I massage it in well, it absorbs very well.

I have combination skin & it is a great base for my foundation.

I put it on after my cleansing & serum routine, then have my breakfast.

When I'm finished, my skin is lovely & soft & ready for makeup!!! :D

The night cream is conversely less luscious & rich!

I really do love them both & my skin is in great condition since using these products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Would it be too heavy for someone in their late twenties?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Dont remind me that I'm in my late twenties too :(

I feel like I am 23 until I meet 23 year olds and find myself thinking that they are outrageously young!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I feel like I am 23 until I meet 23 year olds and find myself thinking that they are outrageously young!

Meanwhile I am 23, but I'm turning into my 48 year old mother (who, incidentally, has great skin :pac:)

I recently bought the Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Setting Spray but I'm not sure how much I like it. It works, but whether it works well enough to justify the price I'm not sure. I might try the All-Nighter one when this runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

I have the UD All-Nighter setting spray and I find it good (I have dry skin). The UD setting sprays are available in travel sizes too so it might be worth picking it up in the travel size to try out before paying for a full sized one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Tried the Garnier micellar water last night. I was very "meh" about it. It was grand, took all my make-up, including mascara off but my tea tree & witch hazel foaming wash does the exact same thing in a fraction of the time so I think I'll be sticking with that.

Sorry for the late reply!!

No, I wouldn't think so but I guess it would depend on the skin type.

For €5 it's worth a shot! :)

You could always pass it on to another mate/sister/mother if it didn't suit you???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Picked up the new UD Naked Smoky palette on a recent trip to the States. The colours look amazing in the palette but IMO they aren't as pigmented as the other Naked palettes nor do they blend as well. I didn't have my 'proper' brushes with me in the States so maybe this played a part. I haven't had a chance to try it since I got home a few days ago so I'm *hoping* it will be as good as the other palettes when I use my good brushes. :/

1436295702-naked-palette.jpg

keredern wrote: »
    Sorry for the late reply!!

No, I wouldn't think so but I guess it would depend on the skin type.

For €5 it's worth a shot! :)

You could always pass it on to another mate/sister/mother if it didn't suit you???

Thanks for the feedback, I'll give if a shot!

Valentina that's really disappointing about Naked Smokey :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Picked up two Kate Moss rimmel lipsticks yesterday whiling away some time in boots (why do I go there to pass time, it never ends well). 107 us a deep matte red, it's gorgeous, and 16 is a light coral - pink colour which will be lovely for summer if it ever returns!

I also got Max Factor masterpiece max mascara a few weeks ago but I wasn't dying about it - flaked off and felt very gritty after a few hours. So I also got a new They're Real - which honestly I can't beat.

Next week I think I am going to treat myself to the Becca highlighter and maybe the Mac mineralise skinfinish powder..

Advertisement