Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Valentina wrote: »
    Picked up the new UD Naked Smoky palette on a recent trip to the States. The colours look amazing in the palette but IMO they aren't as pigmented as the other Naked palettes nor do they blend as well. I didn't have my 'proper' brushes with me in the States so maybe this played a part. I haven't had a chance to try it since I got home a few days ago so I'm *hoping* it will be as good as the other palettes when I use my good brushes. :/

1436295702-naked-palette.jpg

Have tried this again a few times since coming home. The first 3 and last 4 colours are lovely; pigmented and easy to blend. Nice for a daytime smoky look. I still found the centre darker colours chalky and difficult to blend and build up. They took several applications before they were properly opaque on the lid. This was after properly cleansing and priming and I've never had that issue with the other three Naked palettes.

Is it worth buying? Well I know if I didn't get it I would regret it as I'm the type who has to have the complete set of something, but the colours are not particularly special. I think you can make similar looks with Naked 3 as it also has those plum/purple tones and it is possibly more wearable for day to night as the gradients are not as harsh.

I have a Bobbi Brown purple palette and many MAC purple shadows that I think are better quality than those darker ones in Smoky. The neutral tones are lovely but again you have very similar colours in Naked 1 and 2.

I'm 50/50 on it. :/

ETA: I hate the packaging! It's transparent plastic and will likely splinter and smash if it's dropped which I probably will at some stage. I liked the tin packaging of Naked 2 and 3 better. Far more durable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

^ oh dear, I'm after buying it on a whim :pac: meh I never treat myself so even if I find the same as you I don't mind :)

^ oh dear, I'm after buying it on a whim :pac: meh I never treat myself so even if I find the same as you I don't mind :)

Oh hopefully you get on better with it than I did!

It's not a bad palette, but it doesn't live up to the other 3 IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

I just had a look at the Naked Smoky palette in Debenhams. There's undoubtedly some gorgeous colours in the palette but I can't justify it. I've too many palettes and eye shadows that I never get to use. Some of the colours in the middle of the palette were just sparkle when swatched, the pigmentation wasn't great.

In saying that though will probably crack at some stage and really want it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I just had a look at the Naked Smoky palette in Debenhams. There's undoubtedly some gorgeous colours in the palette but I can't justify it. I've too many palettes and eye shadows that I never get to use. Some of the colours in the middle of the palette were just sparkle when swatched, the pigmentation wasn't great.

I don't like smokey eyes on me but I think I'm going to have to buy this just because I have all the others so I need to have the complete collection and then all will be okay in OCD land

• Advertisement

That's exactly what I found. Just glitter and muddy colours. :/
    anna080 wrote: »
    I don't like smokey eyes on me but I think I'm going to have to buy this just because I have all the others so I need to have the complete collection and then all will be okay in OCD land

Haha, snap! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Well I've not used it yet but believe it or not I prefer the packaging of it to naked 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Well I've not used it yet but believe it or not I prefer the packaging of it to naked 2!

I love the original naked packaging myself. It doesn't wipe clean yes I know and that's annoying but at least it's durable in the sense that if it falls it won't break. The new one looks like one drop would cause it to crack

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I won an auction on eBay this evening for these four products. Hope the seller doesn't back out of the auction now that I've paid. Got them for €49 including postage to parcel motel. Excited to get them now, fingers crossed that I do.

Chanel Les Beiges SPF 15 All-In-One Healthy Glow Fluid http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123152041299_-1
    P186810?$V7PdpLarge$

Chanel Perfection Lumiere SPF 10 http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123152008599_-1
    P157810?$V7PdpLarge$

Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Sèrum http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123157965399_-1
    P143180?$V7PdpLarge$

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Zoeva naturally yours palette.
    Starting to really love this brand, so easy to blend and very pigmented so only need a tiny bit on the brush.
    The brushes are just amazing, much better than blank canvas/sigma in my opinion

https://www.zoeva-shop.de/eye-makeup/palettes/naturally-yours-eyeshadow-palette/a-8000384/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Has anyone tried the new Rimmel Mousse tan? I'm conflicted about how I'm suppose to use it. It says it develops in an hour so I thought you'd wash it off after an hour but from vlogs I've watched nobody seems to wash it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Taboola wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the new Rimmel Mousse tan? I'm conflicted about how I'm suppose to use it. It says it develops in an hour so I thought you'd wash it off after an hour but from vlogs I've watched nobody seems to wash it off.

I've had terrible experiences with the Rimmel tans no idea how to properly use them, would much rather Cocoa Brown for a developing tanner and Sally Hensen for instant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Luno wrote: »
    I've had terrible experiences with the Rimmel tans no idea how to properly use them, would much rather Cocoa Brown for a developing tanner and Sally Hensen for instant.

At least with them there's clear instructions :)

Picked up these Tanya Burr lashes in TK Maxx. I don't normally wear lashes but these were €1.99 each I think so I said I'd give them a try.

Date Night lashes

abp4jt.jpg

Individual lashes

rkofoo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Got the St. Moriz tan mist. I usually use their dark mouse and absolutely love it but I tried my sister's one of these the other day and immediately went out and bought it for myself. The mousse is great but you'd never get away with going out the same day you put it on as it has quite a greeny tint til the top layer is washed off. This, however, goes on a gorgeous golden-brown so you could put it on and go out the same evening. Great for ridiculously disorganised people like me! About a fiver in Penneys :)

st-moriz-instant-self-tanning-mist-L-FYOW3g.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

anniehoo wrote: »
    Bought the new No.7 Dramatic Lift mascara

Underwhelming to be honest but good enough for a daytime mascara. 6/10 as it's nothing special and I wouldn't pay €17.50 for it :pac:

2i74p6b.jpg

Have used this for this for a few days now and I had to come back and upgrade the score :p:p It actually gives fantastic length (still poor on volume though) but after a few uses I'm definitely more impressed with it than on day 1. Must have been a bad eyelash day :pac: So.....giving it an 8/10 now which is definitely fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

anniehoo wrote: »
    Have used this for this for a few days now and I had to come back and upgrade the score :p:p It actually gives fantastic length (still poor on volume though) but after a few uses I'm definitely more impressed with it than on day 1. Must have been a bad eyelash day :pac: So.....giving it an 8/10 now which is definitely fair.

I always find mascara a bit crap for the first couple of days after you open a new tube.

I knew there was something I forgot to include in my other post with the lashes, apologies.

For anyone looking for acrylic storage, TK Maxx in the Ilac centre have loads in at the moment.

I got one there the other day and it was €8.99.

Mine has one large compartment, two small compartments and one medium one.

They had other ones that were cheaper, some were more expensive, they'd lipstick holders, cotton wool holders, cotton bud holders. I got a cotton bud one and it was around €3. I can't remember the exact price but it wasn't expensive anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Has anyone ordered from Makeup Revolution before? What are their products like and is delivery by courier or An Post? Have a chocolate eyeshadow palette, setting spray, and eyeshadow primers in my basket to have a think about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Go for it. The quality of their products far surpasses what you'd expect for the price. Wasn't mad on their foundation but have loved everything else, the eyeshadows have great pigmentation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Sunny Dayz wrote:
    Has anyone ordered from Makeup Revolution before? What are their products like and is delivery by courier or An Post? Have a chocolate eyeshadow palette, setting spray, and eyeshadow primers in my basket to have a think about.

I love my MUR eyeshadows and lipsticks! Definitely worth it. If I remember correctly, it comes through the post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

keredern wrote: »
    Makeup Revolution are fantastic!

I adore their products...have several of their palettes & they are exceptional!

Most are only £4 including the Naked 1, 2, & 3 dupes.

Highly recommend them!

I've just placed another order & can't wait!! :)

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/

Well ladies (& gents!) my MUR surprise gift arrived yesterday & boy did they outdo themselves!!!

MakeupRevolutionGift.jpg

ALL of these products were sent to me FOC!!!!

And all because I ordered from them a few days in advance of their Black Friday weekend free gift offer. :o

When I sent them a polite emailing asking if there was any way I could be included in the offer, i got an amazing reply from their CEO with a promise to send on the gift & some extra goodies, despite the fact that my order had already been dispatched!

What a fantastic way to treat customers...some of the more exclusive & longer established companies could learn a thing or two about customer service from these guys!

Th quality is superb as usual.

The only products I have tried & not liked have been their matte effect foundation & their ultra face base.

Everything else is just out of this world for value & quality. :)

The pic doesn't include any of the items from my actual order, just the free gifts! :eek:
    Yes, delighted & really amazed!!

If you spent £25 from Black Friday through to the Tuesday, you qualified for the gift worth another £25.

I actually spent just £22.50 excl postage on the previous weekend.

I have spent a small fortune on numerous previous orders so I think that helped!! Lol

But they still did not have to do that...I am sooooo impressed!! :D
    My Make Up Revolution order came yesterday and I am in love. It was like Christmas. Can't write about it properly sorry, too distracted by make up. I will say this - their brush cleaner is as good as any of the €20 plus ones.
    Sunny Dayz wrote: »

Hi Sunny Dayz, I've pasted a few of my posts about MUR and another member's experience.

I love them as you might have guessed!!! :o

Freedom Makeup is also excellent - they are a sister company.

Yes, they are sent via An Post but if you are ordering more than £30 of stuff, then opt for Parcel Motel (if there is one near you) as that is only €3.95, and UK addresses get free postage but Irish addresses don't, so you will save a few euro!

Enjoy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Go for it. The quality of their products far surpasses what you'd expect for the price. Wasn't mad on their foundation but have loved everything else, the eyeshadows have great pigmentation.

Hi Charlietheminx, I totally agree...foundations are a bit meh but everything else is really excellent!

Brilliant value & quality for such affordable prices.

Guys, I wish you had said the MUR stuff was crap, I put in an order yesterday evening!! It was the online equivalent of being in Penneys, with the mindset of "oh luck, it's so cheap, sure I'll throw that in the basket as well!"
    • Chocolate eyeshadow palette (in the white choc case)
    • Another two eye palettes, one is the Iconic 3 which is supposed to be a dupe for Naked 3, the other Black Velvet palette.
    • 3 eye primers
    • Eyebrow tint
    • 4 lipsticks
    • Lipliner
    • Setting spray.
    Grand Total €53.85, with a 25% off code.
    Thanks Keredern, missed out on the parcel motel tip but I haven't used parcel motel before. Also MUR had up on facebook this morn that they are doing 3 for 2 on everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Just on their foundations, while I felt they were too runny/low coverage for me, the one foundation makes a good body foundation (like mac face and body). I'm too pale for Sally Hansen and I threw some on with a mitt on my legs one night!

I wasn't planning on buying any make up this month but talking about it has made me long for stuff.... And it is only a few euro, after all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    25% off code.

is there a 25% code in circulation at the moment?! :o

I signed up to their newsletter and they sent me a 25% code for my first order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

has anyone gotten that in shower moisturiser? i saw it today in boots, 4.50 is very steep unless its useful though!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I have very very dry skin (psoriasis and hypoactive thyroid) and I use lots of different (and professional products like elemis body treatments) and honest to god there are only two things I would recommend.

1 is coconut oil as a moisturiser and 2 is cheap as chips (99 cent) shower cream from Aldi. It's in the beige bottle and has a blue or a red lid it's called pro revive or something like that. It's amazing for moisturising in shower

• Advertisement

Shakencat is it the Nivea one? I had it before. I didn't note a marked difference in my skin as opposed to using normal moisturiser. It would be handy for a quite morning or post gym shower or in the winter when you are cold after the shower. But I found it made the shower tray slippy.

Advertisement