Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I agree, turned the shower into an ice rink and made zero difference to my skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

shakencat wrote: »
    has anyone gotten that in shower moisturiser? i saw it today in boots, 4.50 is very steep unless its useful though!!!!

Coated the tiles in my shower and made no difference at all to my skin, total waste of money unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

I got the nip & fab glycolic daily cleansing pads in boots in Stephens green today at half price! I've never tried them before so can't say yet how good they are but worth a try for €8 they had the serums on sale too and a few other bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I got the Catrice "Better Than False Lashes" mascara yesterday. Wasn't planning on buying mascara, but it was only a fiver. It actually did what it said on the tin! Really dramatic clump-free lashes, and stayed on with no smudging all night. Far better than any much more expensive mascara that I've tried before.

I've actually found most Catrice products I've tried to be very good ... the nail varnishes and blush especially, and they're all so cheap! Only one I was disappointed by was the foundation - nothing really wrong with it, but it was just a bit meah.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I'm just back from Aldi and picked up the special buy serum and eye cream, in the red boxes. They were so cheap I don't mind if they're not amazing.
    I bought Catrice primer on a whim and it's worked great so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

lazygal wrote: »
    I'm just back from Aldi and picked up the special buy serum and eye cream, in the red boxes. They were so cheap I don't mind if they're not amazing.
    Oh which Aldi? I went to Mulhuddart and Littlepace yesterday but they had none!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Go for it. The quality of their products far surpasses what you'd expect for the price. Wasn't mad on their foundation but have loved everything else, the eyeshadows have great pigmentation.
    lazygal wrote: »

I think you'll be very happy!!! ;)

I've been using these for months now & love them.

I stocked up on Sunday & also got their new anti wrinkle cream.

It's really nice so fingers crossed it works! :)

I absolutely adore Catrice & Essence products.

Almost without exception, they are fab!

I have loads of Catrice foundations & love them all!

I must be easily pleased!!! :o

The blushers from both brands are so good too.

And the powders, nail varnish, & lipsticks are gorgeous.

I particularly love NO. 3 & 5 in the Essence Nude (lipstick) range.

I'm such a bargain basement gal!!! :o:o

Alice1 wrote: »
    Oh which Aldi? I went to Mulhuddart and Littlepace yesterday but they had none!

It was Coolock. They were in the special buys section in the middle of the shop rather than with the regular beauty products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Got a gift of Mac Pro Longwear waterproof.

Wearing it for the first time today and can't say I'm overly impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭kickthecan

Inglot HD Perfect Cover up foundation:

So happy with it. Its only the second full coverage foundation I have ever used properly. I went to Revlon Colour Stay just by pure chance one day years ago and realised how much benefit these full coverage foundations have for my skin. I was lucky because I had heard bad things about other ones being to heavy and hard to remove. Only recently I needed something new as my face kept showing up really odd in photos taken by good cameras.

So I tried this Inglot foundation on recommendation. Already I can tell I won't be changing it for a very long time. Its fab. You can feel going on its a better product than my old reliable revlon. It doesn't dry as quick so you can move it around better. I use a stippling brush for my foundation so I only use very small amounts on the top of the lid of the foundation and just work it on slowly. This product allows that bit more time to work in after the stippling if you get me. It definitely feels longer wearing both day and night. I have tried it out with photos and it seems to look so much better. Im not sure if this is an SPF thing? It leaves a really flawless finish and my skin is far from that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

Got three acrylic Muji storage drawers. Really wish I'd gotten the five drawer instead!

Also got Hylamide Serum as I fancied a change from Hydraluron. Has anyone tried it?

I love those Muji drawers. Ive one for jewellery, one for silk scarves and one for makeup.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Got three acrylic Muji storage drawers. Really wish I'd gotten the five drawer instead!

Also got Hylamide Serum as I fancied a change from Hydraluron. Has anyone tried it?

I got the Hylamide glow serum when it was on offer for €17. It's left me with a yellow neck!!! there is some sort of tan in it even though it doesn't contain DHA. Doesn't say this on the packaging either only to use twice a day. If I did that would look like one of the Simpsons.. waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Bank account hate me, but Space.NK had a points event on and payday was during the week :P

Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate. Heard amazing things about this for my skin type (combination-oily), so I decided to finally give it a go. Only used it once so far, sinks in insanely quickly so even though it's an oil, you don't end up with a slick film on your face. Smells a lot better than my old A'Kin Rosehip oil, the lavender definitely makes it feel more like a nighttime oil.

7255457440_98e5b26007_z.jpg

Emma Hardy Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm. Holy crap. It took off Benefit's They're Real Mascara (along with an entire face full of make up), in one go. And my skin felt clean but really soft after.

154001001399?$V7PdpLarge$

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

bscm wrote: »
    Bank account hate me, but Space.NK had a points event on and payday was during the week :P

Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate. Heard amazing things about this for my skin type (combination-oily), so I decided to finally give it a go. Only used it once so far, sinks in insanely quickly so even though it's an oil, you don't end up with a slick film on your face. Smells a lot better than my old A'Kin Rosehip oil, the lavender definitely makes it feel more like a nighttime oil.

Let me know how you get on with this, I've combination/oily skin too and I'm desperate to find a product that makes a difference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Let me know how you get on with this, I've combination/oily skin too and I'm desperate to find a product that makes a difference!

+1

I would like one of these kinda night serums just not sure which one to go for.

I got the ecotools retractable kabuki brush and the eye enhancing duo set in Boots, they were buy one, get one half price.

The eye enhancing duo set has two double-ended brushes- shade, define, blend and smudge. The last ecotools brush I tried was an eyeshadow brush and its excellent quality so hoping these work out the same

I also got NYX blush in Angel based on what Candie said about it in the NYX thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Today I bought the sleek precious metals highlighting palette. Holy moly it's gorgeous. Only €13 too, amazing. To think that Mac or hourglass could come out with a product like this and charge €50+ and people would buy it is crazy. Such a decent price, love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Taboola wrote: »
    +1

I would like one of these kinda night serums just not sure which one to go for.

+2! Hoping to combat the winter dryness with a good oil this year.

Picked up Sleek's new eyeshadow palette. Love them! My third one and I find it better than a Dior one I used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Nyx propel my eyes mascara, I'm quite impressed with it, gives nice length and a bit of volume too. It's a lovely everyday mascara I think. Could probably vamp it up for night time with more layers but I've not tried that yet! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Just bought lots of the Nip and fab glycolic acid stuff on boots.ie; the serum, the facial wash and the body lotion.

Really looking forward to seeing how the body lotion works with my chicken skin arms (medical term Keratosis Pilaris).

So far the serum does seem to make my skin a little brighter. I've just finished using the Vichy one and really liked it but at 10e (on sale ) Vs 25e I thought I'd give it a try

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Saw indeed labs peptalash on sale in boots Jarvis centre - €10. Upstairs on the clearance stand.

http://indeedlabs.com/peptalash/

Also Home & More having a sale on makeup storage.

Meanwhile I've brought this for my under eye circles - only been a couple of days but I'm desperate as I'm fed up with looking like I've been up all night with sick kids for a month and I'm childless!

http://www.boots.ie/en/Hylamide-SubQ-Eyes-Advanced-Serum-15ml_1672250/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Just ordered the Boots No 7 Illuminated Mirror for €17.49 and a student discount on top of that :D So excited to get it now!!
    http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Illuminated-Make-up-Mirror-Exclusive-to-Boots_1527178/

Also got a couple Revlon Lip Butters for €6 online each (plus student discount again)
    http://www.boots.ie/en/Revlon-ColorBurst%C2%99-Lip-Butter_1252852/
    Really gonna have to prawl the boots website more often, there seems to be great discounts on it!

on_my_oe wrote: »

Meanwhile I've brought this for my under eye circles - only been a couple of days but I'm desperate as I'm fed up with looking like I've been up all night with sick kids for a month and I'm childless!

http://www.boots.ie/en/Hylamide-SubQ-Eyes-Advanced-Serum-15ml_1672250/

Very interested to hear how you get on with this!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Very interested to hear how you get on with this!

Me too! I'd try anything at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

New goodies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭kickthecan

Tilly wrote: »
    New goodies :)

Fab! I would love that set. How much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

There was an online deal the other day in Boots and i got it for €19.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius!

Has anybody ever heard of or tried Flormar Cosmetics?
    My local chemist has only started to stock these yesterday and I was having a look today.
    Bought one of their 'Teracotta Blushers' as it looked very like a Mac blusher.
    This is their website http://www.flormar.com/english/makeup.asp?markaid=13&bolumid=11

Advertisement