Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Unfortunately no :( She was just selling a few bits from the house she told me, I'm hoping she has another makeup clean out soon:)

thanks asphyxia ,i shall have yo go to mac and buy it so such a fab shade. haha that could bedangerous if she does :p

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Was in Pennys yesterday and saw they had an essence skin care range called 'my skin'. They had three different types of moisturisers, toner, face wipes, face masks and facial scrub. Packaging is really cute. I got

I bought 12hr mattifying cream for mormal to combination skin. I know I only have it 24hours but it seems to be really good. All the range have different scents, theres 'lychee and blue grape', lime and cucumber' and 'pomegranate and bamboo'. The moisturiser I got was 'lychee and blue grape' and it smells really nice. Its not oily on my skin and it glides on making my skin feel smooth and it appeared to hydrate my skin. I'm liking it so far and for 2.50euro its a steal!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

In case anyone is interested ELF have a free postage code - goodieseu - must spend 12 euro. Gotta stop shopping on that website :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I bought The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer

thebalm.jpg
    AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, WHERE THE HELL HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE?

It is the most perfect highlighter ever!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Just got an email from ELF about a new foundation they have.

Wonder if it will be any good.

Has anyone tried any of their foundations already?

• Advertisement

Bought Nivea Double effect Anti-perspirant and have to say I am not impressed. I did as I was instructed and held the tin 15cm away from my skin when spraying but oh my God it left massive amounts of white marks! I ended up having to wipe it off so that I could put on my clothes and not get the white on them!

Also bought the Vo5 miracle concentrate and I love, love, love it. My hair is so soft and shiny and lasts like that for a few days. Its quiet cheap at 6 euro something and I can imagine it'll last along time as you really only need a couple of drops!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Yes indeed that V05 miracle concentrate is the absolute bees knees. Has turned by bleached tresses into spun softness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Tried this the other day and have to say I am very unimpressed with it.

I used a tiny amount (as I always do) and it left my face so greasy, it was so greasy that my make up wouldn't even go on properly, it was all streaky.

I had to take the make up off, wash my face and start again, without the primer.

I don't know if the primer has changed or if it's my skin that changed.

I haven't tried it since (waiting for a day that I won't be going anywhere) before I try it again.
    I've been using that Gosh primer for a good few months now.

I don't know if it's because I'm coming to the end of it or what but it's started to 'flake' on my skin when I'm applying it. Very strange.
    tanya2007 wrote: »
    ya the same has happened to me i thought it was because it was maybe that i havnt used it in a few months but mine is nearly finished as well so that is prob what is wrong with but still it shouldnt happen to it.

The same happened to my, especially around my nose, eyes and chin, and my bottle is new.

Never had that happen to me before.

Even when I reapplied my make up after having to wash it off, there was no flaky bits at all on my face, so I know it wasn't my skin or make up, it was definitely the primer.

I was looking at the Smashbox primer, but it's expensive at €38 and no where does samples of it. I ain't buying it at full price in case it doesn't work for me.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I was looking at the Smashbox primer, but it's expensive at €38 and no where does samples of it. I ain't buying it at full price in case it doesn't work for me.

If you ask at the counter they usually will give you a sample... Perhaps bring a small container with you?

If you ask at the counter they usually will give you a sample... Perhaps bring a small container with you?
    Tried that, the girl just said they don't give samples.

There is only one place near me that sells Smashbox, unfortunately I am not in Dublin, wish I was.:(

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Very surprised to hear about the Gosh primer! I swear by it in that I can't use foundation without it. As we all know, each persons skin is different and it can't suit everybody :)

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Decided to try the Bare Minerals Make up so went into BT's and bought the starter set for 65eur. 2 shades of foundation, miricale veil, warmth, concealer and three brushes.

Have to say great value for money. The girl in the shop did my makeup and i thought it looked v natural and clear. I was surprised that I ended up being the palest colour they have (fairly light) so I don't think they would cater for really pale girls.

I tried it out and it has taken me awhile to get used to it. I wasn't getting the coverage I wanted at the beginning, but after some practice, I really like it! The mineral veil is great and I would reccomend for anyone wanting a translucent powder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Have you considered Lanacane anti chafing gel? It has most of the same ingredients and a lot of people swear by it. Monistat is another good one but mainly available in the USA.

Pythia wrote: »
    Have you considered Lanacane anti chafing gel? It has most of the same ingredients and a lot of people swear by it. Monistat is another good one but mainly available in the USA.
    I don't think I'd even heard of them, thanks for posting about them I'll look into them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Orlee wrote: »
    My first ELF haul :) And all for like €11! 50% off all the eye products

Liquid Eyeliner Coffee

Mod Mauve Nail Polish

Natural Radiance Blusher Bronzed

Rosy Raisin Nail Polish

Natural Lash Kit-Brown

Duo Eyeshadow Mocha Swirl

All over color stick Lilac Petal

Have used my ELF products a few times now. The quality isn't amazing but not awful either and for €1.70 each you can't really complain. The polish isn't the best consistancy but the colours are nice. The eyeliner wasn't exactly as pictured but goes on lovely. Love the all over colour stick-so handy and gives a nice bit of colour :) The bronzer and eye shadow are very loose powders once you get a brush to them - wouldn't buy again but I'll definately use them! Haven't used the eye lashes yet.

All in all I'm 70% happy with my purchases and will probably order from ELF again. Might try some of the ELF Studio stuff ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

st-tropez-everyday-gradual-tan-body-lotion.jpg

St Tropez Everyday Gradual Tan, €13 in Boots
    Got this to apply a couple of days before my holidays, just so I don't feel translucent for the week :)
    Lots of great reviews online so I'm looking forward to trying it out!

tomissex wrote: »
    st-tropez-everyday-gradual-tan-body-lotion.jpg

St Tropez Everyday Gradual Tan, €13 in Boots
    Got this to apply a couple of days before my holidays, just so I don't feel translucent for the week :)
    Lots of great reviews online so I'm looking forward to trying it out!

I found it great, although I am allergic to St.Tropez so can't use it an more :-(

Colour is great, but the smell is awful once it starts developing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

frogstar wrote: »
    Decided to try the Bare Minerals Make up so went into BT's and bought the starter set for 65eur. 2 shades of foundation, miricale veil, warmth, concealer and three brushes.

Have to say great value for money. The girl in the shop did my makeup and i thought it looked v natural and clear. I was surprised that I ended up being the palest colour they have (fairly light) so I don't think they would cater for really pale girls.

I tried it out and it has taken me awhile to get used to it. I wasn't getting the coverage I wanted at the beginning, but after some practice, I really like it! The mineral veil is great and I would reccomend for anyone wanting a translucent powder.

Great review; I feel pretty much the same way about the kit! The only thing that slightly confuses me is what to do with the second shade of foundation? It's a bit too yellow for me, but if I'm particularly pale some days I tend to use a combination of both shades to warm my skin up a little. It just seems wasteful not to use it at all!

The concealer is also fantastic, perfect for under-eye circles and a good base for eyeshadow too :)

How did you find buying from beautyemporium Purple_Bobbin?

• Advertisement

frogstar wrote: »

jokettle wrote: »
    Great review; I feel pretty much the same way about the kit! The only thing that slightly confuses me is what to do with the second shade of foundation? It's a bit too yellow for me, but if I'm particularly pale some days I tend to use a combination of both shades to warm my skin up a little. It just seems wasteful not to use it at all!

The concealer is also fantastic, perfect for under-eye circles and a good base for eyeshadow too :)

I'm the same - what to do about the other colour? When you buy the foundation separately (€25 a pot) the container is much bigger so once I have an empty on I actually mix them!

I tend to buy the whole set about twice a year for the new brushes and also you get different "extras" as the year goes on. (It used to be the brush cleaner and now it's concealer.) In between sets I buy just the bigger pots of foundation.

You can get the set for €45 on Aer Lingus flights and for €50 from millies.ie
    Handy to save €15/20 quid

How did you find buying from beautyemporium Purple_Bobbin?
    I haven't received my order from them yet, but found ordering from them easy, like most other websites.

As soon as I receive my order I will post a review etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I'm the same - what to do about the other colour? When you buy the foundation separately (€25 a pot) the container is much bigger so once I have an empty on I actually mix them!

I tend to buy the whole set about twice a year for the new brushes and also you get different "extras" as the year goes on. (It used to be the brush cleaner and now it's concealer.) In between sets I buy just the bigger pots of foundation.

You can get the set for €45 on Aer Lingus flights and for €50 from millies.ie
    Handy to save €15/20 quid

Do you find you need to use primer with the foundation? I got a sample of primer in the kit so used that the first time I tried it, and it looked great. Second time, no primer, went a bit patchy and yuck. Thankfully my mum gave me a bottle of Smashbox primer so I can use that now, but I'm dreading the day when it runs out and I need to fork out for a new one!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭culsoh

Ordered more from ELF last night due to another 50% off sale. Got two shades of foundations, and more Lip Conditioner and I can't remember what else!!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Do ELF ship to Ireland? Looks on their site like they just ship to US and Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

They do ship to Ireland, use the uk site.

www.eyeslipsface.co.uk

culsoh wrote: »
    Ordered more from ELF last night due to another 50% off sale. Got two shades of foundations, and more Lip Conditioner and I can't remember what else!!

I tried to put in an order last night but at no stage during the payment process could I see where to put in the discount code, am I missing something?

Sorry for thread jacking, best new discovery is dry shampoo, boots do a range very cheap, spray it in like hairspray for those days you have to run out the door.

culsoh wrote: »

I tried to put in an order last night but at no stage during the payment process could I see where to put in the discount code, am I missing something?

Sorry for thread jacking, best new discovery is dry shampoo, boots do a range very cheap, spray it in like hairspray for those days you have to run out the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dublin141

dafunk wrote: »

Before you check out, when you're in the shopping bag part where you pick your deliver option. The discount code area is to the left of the delivery options.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

picked up this baby the other day 17 falsifeye mascara &docid=TNTz0ugqhDXSGM&w=200&h=150&ei=qeIyTrKRJ4PAhAfw4t2ACw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=405&page=9&tbnh=120&tbnw=160&start=109&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:109&tx=84&ty=49&biw=1024&bih=631 i loveee it its one of the best mascaras i have ever used i usually wear clinique high impact which its just as good as. you also get a free eyeliner only used it once but it seems good enough but wears off after a few hours.

Advertisement